Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Just Write! Gonna be Okay...

...doo-doo-doo?

Okay, dancey song references aside, here's a hangout for all you writerly lot out there. If you're confused about the title, here's a (hopefully) crystal clear example:

Me: "Write, darn you! WRITE!"
You: "Butbutbut! I can't\I haven't got time\I'm not feeling it\I'm too tired\whine whine whine!!!
Me: :feesh:

So yes. If you're a writer (or even if you're not), you can share your works, ask for feedback (there's a helpful guide about feedback in the Literature Spot forum), cheer on other writers, complain about how you can never write for whatever reason, share writing resources (blogs, etc), or get PROMPTS supplied by me! Whoo!

Ready to have some writerly FUN, mah peeps?! I thought so! Let the writing begin!

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 08-11-2011 at 05:32 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 01:37 PM

Da Rules

1. Follow Mene's Rules and ToS.
2. Be nice, have fun, etc. etc.
3. No plagiarizing.
4. I can change these rules at any time if I see the need.

Writing Resources!
Here will be all the writing resources gathered! Feel free to submit any you know of.

1. Write to Done--blog
2. Courage 2 Create--blog
3. oneword.com--daily one-word prompt
4. Angela Booth's Writing Blog
5. NaNoWriMo--kick in the pants

Writing Pieces
Writing from fellow Mene writers that they have shared\linked to.

1. To Seek Refuge--fic by Scribbled Lore
2. The Chase Scene--response to Wednesday's MORNING prompt

Other Writerly Things
For anything extra that relates to writing.

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 08-10-2011 at 04:30 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Mai's Writing Prompts

I like prompts. They're fun. And helpful. Therefore, for the remainder of the event, I will be posting 1 prompt, thought of by me, every morning, noon, and evening, going by CST. That should total around 9 prompts by the end of the event... and hey, if this thread takes off, I might make a regular hangout for even more prompty joyness! Yay!

...but, um, being me, I might forget. o__O;;; So just PING me if you think I'm late and I'll get right on it, okay?

Wed. Aug. 10, '11, MORNING
Write a chase scene! By car, on foot, by boat or bike. Through city, through forest, across a desert. Lasting minutes or seconds or days or weeks. You decide.
AFTERNOON
Write about a group of friends going to an arcade\entertainment center…. But it is not entirely as advertised. We’re not talking about “boring” or “dull” here…. Throw in an indoor tornado alley, a zombie attack simulator that goes horribly wrong… A plot twist that makes you want to go to this place, or else stay far, far away!
EVENING
Someone has lost all inspiration and needs a kick in the pants. How do they receive some motivation… or not?

Thurs. Aug. 11, '11. MORNING
Write something that fits the theme of "Happily neverafter."
AFTERNOON
A bomb has been baked into a birthday cake?! How and why did that happen? What is the reaction to that? Was it discovered before or after it went off?

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 08-11-2011 at 05:32 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 01:42 PM

Reserved

Goblin Maiden

Reserved2

Goblin Maiden

Reserved3

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 01:43 PM

Open, Sesame!!!

You all can post now. 8D

Sakubo
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Sakubo Send a message via Yahoo to Sakubo

Old 08-10-2011, 01:50 PM

-twirls in- Hello~ I'm a writer well more of a fanfiction writer but I still write original stuff, and because I'm pretty interested in the prompt how do I send it in when I write it?

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Hi, Sakubo! Welcome~! That's cool, what fandoms do you like to write for?

You can just post the prompt in this thread if you would like. 8D You don't have to, but it would make me happy if I knew it was being utilized. XD

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha
Send a message via MSN to Ace Strife

Old 08-10-2011, 01:57 PM

*clean up your thread and marks my visit with rainbow colours*

I use to write... I made 3 books, *small ones like 150 pages on each* its a continues series but lost all of them when I moved =/ sad times lol even though I suck at grammers and stuff I love writing lol

Sakubo
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2011, 01:57 PM

Well, I write for alot such as Prince of Tennis, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Ouran High School Host Club, and rarely Gakuen Alice, Shaman King, Kuroshitsuji. I'm more of reader sort but still. I'll do that but it'll probably be short~ Have you ever written fanfiction? And which sort of genres do you like in a story?

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 02:05 PM

Cool, Ace. 8D I have yet to finish even one book... >__>;;; I have about 100 plots; not exaggerating either, sadly. XD But I am working on one right now that I want to focus on seriously. *Mai puts on serious face*

I used to write fanfiction, Sakubo, but I want to focus on more original works now. XD I wrote Inuyasha and Labyrinth fics, mainly. Hmm, as for genres, I like fantasy, historical fiction, and non-fiction, mainly. My favorite book that really inspires me is Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones... For myself, though, I write a lot of fantasy. 8P

What about you, what do you like in a story?

Sakubo
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 PM

I understand what you mean, I'd focus on original stories more if it wasn't for the fact I can't seem to focus on one and keep on abandoning it before the second part of the story is even done. Bah. Well I love supernatural, mystery, fantasy but only if it's portrayed properly, and sometimes horror..Drama is good too as long as it's not over the top. But I read all kind of stuff as long as it intrigues me~ I usually write action, supernatural, or sometimes mystery. So what's the current one your working on about?

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha

Old 08-10-2011, 02:17 PM

You can do it Mai... Ace started after reading Harry Potter and Alex Rider series (those are only books I ever read) lol got every single book for those series lol my story similiar is Alex Rider series cause I got inspired to write after reading it hehe

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 PM

Those all sound good, Sakubo. 8D Yeah, I have the same problem with constantly trying and then dropping writing... But I'm really wanting to be more focused on finishing a book! So I must work hard. >__< *Mai nods firmly*

Cool, Ace! I love Harry Potter. XD Not that I'm the exception, though. But I just love the fact that it seems to be a real world and people when you read it... you can get lost in it. Those are the kinds of books that I love the most, and that I want to write. 8D

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm more than happy to share a fic I've written and get others opinions on it: To Seek Refuge by Sybil @ ao3/An Archive of Our Own

I'm actually working on fleshing out an idea for a setting in a medieval fantasy but I'm not sure I like where it's going. The story would be about a priest and his bodyguard who travel together seeking out wrongs to right. Seems kind of cliche when you're looking at the basic concept.

I've actually got quite a few different stories bouncing around in my head but I'm having a hard time getting them all written!

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha

Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 PM

I get lost in the books, I remember reading the book, I was so into I didnt realise I was on a train I felt tears down my eyes >< I felt like I was instead of Harry in 3rd Person View, the ticket checker was standing right beside me and his voice snapped me off other wise I probably would of looked embarrassing xD

Last edited by Ace Strife; 08-10-2011 at 04:09 PM..

Sakubo
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 PM

I just read your story Lore and it's pretty impressive, I really like it and it's interesting I got confused at several points but other than that it's really good~

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-10-2011, 02:55 PM

What confused you, Sakubo? Was it a matter of perspective? Unfamiliarity with the setting? (It's based in the Vampire: the Masquerade setting by White Wolf. It's fanfic. :XD) At any point did I get my tenses mixed up?

Sakubo
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 PM

Ohhhhhhh okaaaaay, haha, I thought it was pure original story just a couple of stupid questions here, what did this James person do to her? And what does Sire mean in this story? And no, I don't think you got your tenses mixed up, and your grammar is so perfect! I will go drool over it.

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-10-2011, 03:43 PM

Ahhh, Ace Strife:!!! SPOILER PUT IT IN A SPOILER BOX. D8 Some people haven't read that part yet!

And Lore, I'll read your story! 8D

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 PM

James turned Sarah into a vampire by promising her a career boost as a vocalist; he used some fancy words and a little bit of trickery to get her to agree to becoming a vampire and she didn't realize what was going to happen. One's "Sire" is the person who made them into a vampire, Sakubo.

Sakubo
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2011, 03:53 PM

I get it now, haha, I suspected that was it but wasn't so sure~ Thanks for explaining.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-10-2011, 03:57 PM

No problem! Now that I've re-read it a couple times I could see how you wouldn't be sure. It's been a while since I read it myself. :XD

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 08-10-2011, 04:03 PM

It's not much, but again I didn't put much time into it. I still hope you'll like it! Here it is:

-----------------

Prompt 1: The Chase Scene.
By Artsydaze.

The Watery Fright.

The moment he became conscious enough to remember it all, he knew he was in trouble.

Waking himself from his slumber took the boy precious time and extricating himself from his blanket seemed to take even longer, instilling into his being a deep sense of dread at the thought of being caught by Her. Finally freeing himself from his restraints, he scuttled away as fast as his little legs could bear, reaching for the door just beyond his grasp. Just when he turned the brass knob, a sound just beyond the only other door of the room made his heart jump in his chest. She was back.

Wrenching the door open with all his might, he bounded into temporary safety and closed the door behind him, just in time to hear his previous sanctuary being infiltrated by the enemy. There was no time left. Heart beating frantically in his tiny chest, the boy ran up the stairs, as fast as he could, the dark closet at the top of it looking particularly inviting in that moment of crisis. Finally reaching it in time, he hid.

Trying to quiet his harsh panting, he hope that She didn't see him yet, as hiding was his only hope until reinforcements arrived. There would be no such thing today, he knew, and that fact made this early evening all the more bleak. As the last rays of sun died beneath the crack under the latched door, he waited. As he heard Her go up the stairs, he stifled his breathing as much as he could as She slowly walked by his refuge. Straining his ear until he could not hear Her any longer, he burst out of his hiding place, sprinting to the safety of his bedroom. As he was merely a few meters from safety, he felt himself being jerked back and dragged to a unspeakable fate.

She caught him.

It was over.

It was Bath Time.

Alternate Title and POV: That boy is a Drama Queen. I swear this happens everyday!

Bobby! It's time for your bath, sweetheart!

Not again, where are you now?

Caught you, young man!

----------------------

And I really hope this prompt thing will catch on, it's fun :3!

Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-10-2011 at 04:08 PM..