thalia_cross
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 PM

@ Fastion - seriously? she ruined her own book? that's sad.

darkwingedfaerie
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2009, 07:31 PM

You know, I think the latest Harry Potter movie was pretty good. Hated the rest except for the 3rd one. Gave me some hope for the final 2 part movie....

The worst book to movie conversion would have to be Twilight. Yes, I said it. LOVED the books, absolutely HATED the movie.

EDIT: I think it was a combination of Kristen's bad acting and a badly written script. Overall, it was much too tense and to a certain degree...it is understandable (epic love!!), but it didn't make sense. They took out the blood typing scene!! :( And the meadow, the MEADOW!!

Last edited by darkwingedfaerie; 10-13-2009 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: adding more <3

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia_cross View Post
the eragon movie made me mad. they screwed so much of it up i don't ever want to see it again.
YES!!!! someone besides me and my book-freaky friends agree with our opinions!!! The Spiderwhick Chronicles movie made me want to scream, they crashed and burned that movie. Horrible. I get chocked up thinking about it.

sparkly cullen girl
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 PM

ok the twilight movie SUCKED
and ERAGON i saw it and told all my friends never to even watch it once even if theyre like curious, in other words it sucked so much omg x.x

Last edited by sparkly cullen girl; 10-16-2009 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: to better explain my meaning O.O

Angelic Bunny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkly cullen girl View Post
ok the twilight movie SUCKED
and ERAGON i saw it and told all my friends never to even watch it once even if theyre like curious, in other words it sucked so much omg x.x
The Twilight movie wasn't that bad...
I didn't like the actors for the roles of Edward and Bella, but otherwise it was semi-okay. :sweat:
Compared to the book, Eragon was horrible.
However, I watched Eragon before I read the book, so I thought that it was just fine as a movie.

~~~~

Hehe...I was just about to post something else, but the thought just kind of flew away.:gonk:

Krendanya
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2009, 03:44 PM

I blame the bad twilight acting on the director mostly, if the director can't say "Do it again, but this way, or with more/less emotion in your voice/face etc..." then the actors will think they are doing good and continue on that way.
I guess we will see if I am correct with the second movie, I believe there is a new director this time around.
I was able to handle the Harry Potter changes pretty well but I think the sixth was the biggest downer.

SPOILER

They even left out the end fight scene in Hogwarts and the headmasters funeral, Im hoping they add it into the next movie (the funeral) so its not completely passed over.

Shiggy
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned was awful. I hate that all of my friends adore the movie; I read the book and then watched the movie and ended up getting so confused that I was just miserable through the film. They completely distorted the characters, the plot, and the whole meaning of the movie. It was just...dumb. I felt it was all wrong. And even when I wasn't thinking about the book there were parts of the movie that just didn't make sense.

...Of course, I also read Eragon, and that's a pretty bad adaption, as has been explained. But the book was mediocre anyway, so why shouldn't a dull book have a dull movie? The only good thing about the movie was the cast: John Malkivitch, Jeremy Irons and Garrett Hedlund are either brilliant or beautiful. <3

rainbow_in_the_dark

Old 10-20-2009, 05:19 PM

The book to movie for Congo was utterly ridiculous. They lightly touched on what the book dealt with and then went off into la la land. If they had stayed truer to the book the movie would have been a hell of a lot better.

And I have to chime in my agreements with Eragon. That hurt to watch how badly they butchered it.

Shadow Elm

Old 10-22-2009, 04:50 AM

i think dean koontz phantoms really hit the mark when it went to the big screen. there were so many little parts that made so much the story.

i mean it really missed the mark it was not to my liking

Last edited by fiarra; 10-22-2009 at 08:05 PM..

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 10-22-2009, 05:19 AM

the Jurassic Park books.

InevitableDisaster
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2009, 05:22 AM

I can't think of any movie in particular.
Mainly because I usually avoid watching movies based on books.
Although, I do kind of want to see the Inkheart movie.
I loved the book.
And my mom really likes Brendan Fraser, so she's going to watch it with me.
On that note, I really didn't like Journey to the Center of the Earth.
I guess I'll go with that.

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM

"Pet Sematary"

It's one of my favorite books and when I watched the movie, it was just so bad to me.
I cried.
It was just so...off and rushed. There was huge disbelief when I learned Stephen King wrote the screenplay for it.
/:

Misuko Hotaru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM

you know, I hate to say it and I think many people will be super pissed off about this, but I think that the Twilight movie was pretty bad. I really really enjoyed the books, but the movie was just kinda.... cheesey.:sweat:

thalia_cross
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuko Hotaru View Post
you know, I hate to say it and I think many people will be super pissed off about this, but I think that the Twilight movie was pretty bad. I really really enjoyed the books, but the movie was just kinda.... cheesey.:sweat:
THANK YOU! Finally, someone who shares my sentiments...

Syonara

Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 AM

Twilight. That movie ruined the small bit of sanity the book had left. Now I despise them both.

Luciana SinCross
~Fiesty Gothic Beauty;

Old 10-23-2009, 02:06 PM

Definately Twilight.

That whole freaking book series ruined the good name of vampires. And the movie? It sucked so badly that I cried. I actually came out of the movie theater in tears because Stephanie Meyer and her stupid vampires became such sparkling little faeries.

I also hate how Stephanie Meyer portrayed her ideas of Vampires and Werewolves. She has them all wrong. I'm not going to go on some long-butt rant, but I will say that the Twilight series was a BIG disappointment and now I despise the series with a burning passion.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:14 PM

I agree with the first post. I was SO EXCITED that they made a movie, and then when I walked out of the theatre (okay, even before), I wanted to strangle whoever thought of making the movie like that. It's inspired me to write a screenplay for the book someday that ACTUALLY STICKS WITH THE PLOT. Oh my GOSH, what a concept!!!! [/sarcasm]

Samona
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2009, 12:04 AM

The three worst Book to movie conversions are
1. Eragon, they cut out almost everything and added stuff that was NOT in the book.

2.The Harry Potter Movies, they suck so bad after seeing the second one I didn't even watch the rest...

3. This one is pretty old school but The Neverending Story, I saw the movie first and then read the book; they cut out alot of stuff in the movie and added stuff that hadn't even been there in the first place but because it was a okay movie it is #3.

Poppy Yukia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2009, 12:04 AM

I would have to say twilight and blood and chocolate were the two worst i have every seen. The twilight books were ok but the movie was horrible. The makeup was bad. And blood and chocolate they changed the whole story around. I was so mad about it that i couldn't even finish watching it.

Samona
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2009, 01:27 AM

I almost forgot, Twitches(I read it in my teeens)..

Last edited by siaasgn; 10-25-2009 at 03:01 AM.. Reason: removing flobs

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 10-25-2009, 12:36 PM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one already but The Black Cauldron was altered soo much.

The original book was the 2nd in a 6 part book series by Lloyd Alexander called the Chronicles of Prydain, which was written I believe a few decades ago. I enjoyed reading the book as part of the series and wondered why it was made into a movie on its own.

Turned out it was one of Disney's earlier flops, and with good reason. The characters were completely not like how they were depicted in the book and some characters who were significant in the book were not even in the movie. Even without reading the book (I read the book after watching this animated movie adaption) I knew it was nothing like the original story.

On its own it was just a poor story with average animation which is bad for Disney.

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-25-2009, 12:54 PM

@ Ling - it still is considered one of Disney's worst movies, but it certainly wasn't their first flop. Fantasia and Bambie did absolutely terrible in theaters when they came out. And because they came out two years apart and both did bad Disney more or less stopped doing feature films until World War II was over. But those two movies didn't do terribly because of a bad conversion. People back then didn't appreciate the art to music style of fantasia and people didn't like how, during a great war (and just after a massive recession, remember the Great Depression in the US didn't end until 1940 and Bambie came out in 1942), a movie basically saying "please do not kill the deer" came out. Now of course both are classics, but they were huge flops when they came out in the 40's

Last edited by Erailea; 10-25-2009 at 12:56 PM..

Aceify
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Aceify

Old 10-25-2009, 06:27 PM

A lot of people say Twilight.. And I agree.. It was a terrible movie.. But I still somehow really liked it. I don't know, I guess I'm just a sucker for vampire romantics. :roll:

Kaelynn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2009, 09:29 PM

Eragon, Princess Diaries, Blood and Chocolate, twilight (it was ok but could have been WAY! better) sookie stackhouse/true blood (tv not movie) the play othello/ the movie 'O' really bad!, Ember, Emma, and Dresden Files (another tv not movie)

as much as i love seeing my favorite books come alive i wish they would follow a little closer. like maybe if they actually READ the books BEFORE they converted it to screen play! sorry kinda a sore spot for me... :D

Kaelynn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samona View Post
I almost forgot, Twitches(I read it in my teeens)..
i almost forgot about that! it was so bad!why bother???