linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 AM

CONGRATS EVERYONE! *______* All of the entries were SUPER AWESOME.
Kudos to you guys! <33333333333333

Tsuki-Chani
Ice Cream Binger

Old 10-08-2008, 03:14 AM

o; <3333 all the entries look amazing as expected~ C:
CK // OMG! *Q*;; -luffson- <33333333 glad you like my entry~

congrats to winners~ /edits rofl rofl~ : D<333 -hugs lina-

Last edited by Tsuki-Chani; 10-08-2008 at 03:17 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lura Crane View Post
Haha~ Yay for great investments! X'D
With last month's CIs on Mene, I made my first real money contribution to an online site, and feel that I may very well be making future contributions here. 8D
(Maybe not every month, but at least the feeling is there, haha~)
Yeah - I can't make donations to Menewsha every month either. XD; I had to buy my Bee and Panda headphones on the Exchange. @_@; I think I started donating ... ::checks:: Yeah, most likely in March for the headwings. XD Before then, it was in the Exchange or privately with staff members or something. :B

I'm actually pretty thankful that no one chose to get October CIs for their prize, because it'll probably be a few weeks before I could get anything else... my mom informed me that she borrowed money from my account and I only had six bucks left so... >_>;

But yeeyyy. October's are finally out. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtrain View Post
:drool:
*starts mopping*

yay alcohol!
XD
I am so close to legally drinking
April next year!
Thank you Australia!
::laughs:: Yey alcohol!

Not that I drink much (I think the last time I had any was in February... in Australia, actually)... but I've always felt that America was weirdly backwards, setting the legal age at 21. u_u; Not many of us actually observe that. We just can't order it ourselves publicly. At least raise the conscription age to 21...! Oh well. :B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
Congrats everyone <3

I agree, all of the entries were love <3
:3 Yeah, all of you guys were super wonderful. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Helena View Post
Wow, I just logged in! Thank-you so much CK! I'm totally geeked to win something! *Stares at prize pool.... I think maybe......?*

Congratulations to everyone! There were so many really pretty entries!
Awesome. XD I geeked ya again. ;3 You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangALee View Post
CONGRATS EVERYONE! *______* All of the entries were SUPER AWESOME.
Kudos to you guys! <33333333333333
Yes! Kudos to everyone. XD

Speaking of, sort of - I went ahead and awarded some gold to everyone who participated and didn't win one of the prizes! Again, I know it wasn't much, but I sold back some commons I wasn't using to make sure you guys knew you were appreciated. :3 :heart:

Amurita
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
XD Haha - yay! Other people enjoyed the artwork as well, then. XD
I totally did. When i see so many great and creative entries it really makes me feel inspired. Even though i didn't win i really enjoyed testing out the whole perspective deal, i've never really tried doing something like that before.

And thanks in advance for anything you send my way, even if it is small. You're such a sweetheart :glomp:

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-08-2008, 04:11 AM

^^
thanks for the gold CK

now I'm off to the exchange to get me some of those october CIs!

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-08-2008, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Yeah - I can't make donations to Menewsha every month either. XD; I had to buy my Bee and Panda headphones on the Exchange. @_@; I think I started donating ... ::checks:: Yeah, most likely in March for the headwings. XD Before then, it was in the Exchange or privately with staff members or something. :B

I'm actually pretty thankful that no one chose to get October CIs for their prize, because it'll probably be a few weeks before I could get anything else... my mom informed me that she borrowed money from my account and I only had six bucks left so... >_>;

But yeeyyy. October's are finally out. D:
*Quietly wonders about the private exchange with staff members* >w>

$6? D8
I have some money saved up, but I don't have a job..
so money that I put into stuff online, I don't have any certain income to get earn the money back--
unless it's like, birthday/holiday money and stuff like that. XD

Yeaaah, and they're so amazing~
I'm tempted to contribute for the Wave (which I might, later in the month). @O@

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amurita View Post
I totally did. When i see so many great and creative entries it really makes me feel inspired. Even though i didn't win i really enjoyed testing out the whole perspective deal, i've never really tried doing something like that before.

And thanks in advance for anything you send my way, even if it is small. You're such a sweetheart :glomp:
Even more awesome. XD I love that you pushed yourself and am pleased that you enjoyed being pushed. X3 It's like artistic strength training, as opposed to artistic cardio. .... ::watches her analogy get away from her. decides she's too sleepy to mind:: >_>

I dunno about a sweetheart. XD But thankyou! :hug: :3

Quote:
^^
thanks for the gold CK

now I'm off to the exchange to get me some of those october CIs!
Good luck finding them. XD It seems that the usual big-sellers have either already sold out or will be holding off purchasing for awhile or something. >_< I actually only found one thread actively selling (though I didn't look in all threads) and they only had four they were willing to sell. @_@; And people are already lined up, even though it's auction-format...

Quote:
*Quietly wonders about the private exchange with staff members* >w>
Oh, it's no secret or anything. XD We have a thread in the staff room where we buy/sell/trade with each other or link to our Exchange shops or something if we're buying/selling. Quite often, we'll give staff members first dibs.

Quote:
$6? D8
I have some money saved up, but I don't have a job..
so money that I put into stuff online, I don't have any certain income to get earn the money back--
unless it's like, birthday/holiday money and stuff like that. XD
Yeah. :c It's the last of my work-money. :c Now I either have to do commissions for money or get another job or something. Weep weep. XD

Quote:
Yeaaah, and they're so amazing~
I'm tempted to contribute for the Wave (which I might, later in the month). @O@
I may or may not have done the concepts for three out of the four Wave items. >_> <_< >_>

Though it'll take me awhile to un-equip this waist-sash and the winter birdies, since the one at the bottom looks like he's splashing in it. Dawww...

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 10-08-2008, 06:00 AM

*tackles glomps CK* :3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 AM

Aiee! ::tackled and glomped and possibly squished about a little:: @__@

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 10-08-2008, 06:11 AM

*snuggles* xD success! I have caught myself one CK!

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-08-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
Oh, it's no secret or anything. XD We have a thread in the staff room where we buy/sell/trade with each other or link to our Exchange shops or something if we're buying/selling. Quite often, we'll give staff members first dibs.
Ahaha~ I see. XD

Quote:
Yeah. :c It's the last of my work-money. :c Now I either have to do commissions for money or get another job or something. Weep weep. XD
XD;; I wish you good luck with whichever you decide to go for~!

Quote:
I may or may not have done the concepts for three out of the four Wave items. >_> <_< >_>

Though it'll take me awhile to un-equip this waist-sash and the winter birdies, since the one at the bottom looks like he's splashing in it. Dawww...
Haha, well you did mention earlier that you contributed to the designing of one of the CIs~ X'D

Cute~ X3
I hope he's not drowning in it.. ..
8D;;

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-08-2008, 06:51 AM

daaawww, the birdy is so cuuute ^^

so far no luck with the CIs, but some will show up soon

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-09-2008, 01:38 AM

^^ Gratz to all the winners!

*huggles Glammy* I like the soothing colors in your piece!

o-o And jeez, Sweetly did a great job with the hair in her pixel.

D: Anyone know if Helena ever replied back to me?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Cute~ X3
I hope he's not drowning in it.. ..
8D;;
Naww.... I think he looks pretty happy. :3 I'm sure he's just taking a bath/playing in the water. XD

And thanks for the good-luck wishes for me earning more play money. XD ::has no bills, thankfully. so is not hurting::

Quote:
daaawww, the birdy is so cuuute ^^

so far no luck with the CIs, but some will show up soon
Birdie. :heart: :3 (This is my first real chance to wear them in a real-avatar too. I've had them in my inventory awhile, but I didn't have the items for the dream-avatar I'd made using them... ::stops rambling:: >_>; )

Yeah, a lot of people have mentioned they have to wait for later in the month for their next paycheck. So we'll probably see another wave of sellers come into the market mid-month. And, of course, the last-minute shoppers at the end of the month. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
D: Anyone know if Helena ever replied back to me?
I went back to double-check, so nope... Maybe drop a line in her profile? At least then you know that the message went through. >_<;

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 AM

Haha~ No bills is goood. XD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2008, 04:02 AM

It's very convenient for me. XD I just loan/give my parents money when discretionary money for them is low (like, when they wanted to buy this shrunk thing that matched a shrunk thing that we got in Germany) and they feed me and pay electric bills and so forth. :B

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 AM

*pops in* I'm in the same situation. XD; I loan my parents money whenever they need it (like now) and my brother too. In return they've been paying my bills and are going to help me pay for my college loans.

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-09-2008, 04:33 AM

lol, I have a habit of not spending money for ages so my balance gets relatively large, then my mum wants to borrow money and there are things I need to buy slash do so I end up spending it all in a very short space of time XD

but I don't have to pay rent or bills or anything
yay for living at home and being almost done with highschool

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:35 AM

I'm only the same as far as parents paying bills and tuition goes--
They've never asked me for money before, but my dad used to do that when I was younger and never using the holiday/birthday money I was often given.. XD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 AM

XD I'm really actually glad I got three people in a row who have at least similar experiences to me. XD Sometimes I'll say something along those lines and people'll make the, "that's kinda odd" noises. xD

It's not odd. It's normal. (For me. :B )

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 AM

My parents feel bad about it, and as far as I know none of my friends have experienced the same thing, so I know what you mean. ^^; But my family is much different from all my friends anyways since almost everyone else's parents are divorced (or never were married) among other things.

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 AM

lol, my mum doesn't borrow money often, but she always pays it back when she does

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 AM

Yeah. My family is closer than a lot of families seem to be nowadays. It doesn't bother me to give them money when they need it. My parents have paid me back - but generally I tell them not to, for as many times as they've given me large amounts of "pocket money" for trips/conventions or bought me things when we went out and I didn't have money on me. :B (Besides, they feed me and give me virtually unlimited internet access. :B )

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-09-2008, 07:35 AM

If it's a small amount of money then I don't expect them to pay me back, but I'm generally remunerated when they borrow more than $100. But I'm happy to pay them if they ask for it. XD Goodness knows I wouldn't have gotten where I'm at if they didn't back me financially.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-10-2008, 12:32 AM

XD One of the last times my parents borrowed money for me it was around 700 dollars... >_>; I told them not to bother paying me back since they'd bought my JR pass for my trip to Japan and gave me pocket money and paid about half for a suitcase for the trip. >_> I actually remember now, belatedly, that I owe my parents 60 bucks for a vintage kimono I got at Dragon*Con, so I'm going to have to earn my money for my extra sets of this month's CIs, seeing as I won't ask them to pay me back. XD;;

::suddenly realizes she is poor for reals. sad, but resigned, panda:: XD