Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-24-2009, 12:42 AM

Welcome to my first Mewshan art contest!
I'm AnnaCrackers,and this is my contest mule. I hope this contest goes well!

There are two characters that I would love to be drawn, and they are Kay and Mirad. During high school, my friend and I would write stories all day, and this couple was most likely our favorite.

The judging will be done by myself, my best friend (who is not a menewshan) and maybe help from my roommates (also not menewshans) So the judging will notbe that biased.

I really hope that everyone takes time to join, participating in contests is something I love to do, and I know many people here do. Good luck!

Start: May/23
End: Aug/23 Midnight PST
WIPs: Aug/25 Midnight PST
Ceremony: Sep/1

Table of Contents

Rules
Prizes
Story
Characters
Entries
Advertisement Contest
Links

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 09-02-2009 at 07:21 PM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-24-2009, 12:42 AM

Rules

There must be 30 entries in order for prizes to be given out. If I do not receive 30 entries by the end date, the contest will be extended 2 months. If, by then, 30 entries have not been met, then small prizes will be given out to all participants, and the contest will be ended.

In order for a prize to be given out, each category must have at least 3 entries. This means, if I only have 2 chibis, the "best chibi" prize will not e given out.

-The art that you submit must be your own. I am trained at sniffing out eye-balled works and thievery. You will be reported if you are caught stealing.

-Treat everyone here with respect. This includes me. My word is law here and you will deal with that fact.

-All art submitted must be under PG-13. If I deem that your art is too risque for my contest it will be thrown out.

-If I do not receive a good amount of entries I will extend the contest. If that doesn't work, I will cancel. If this happens, prizes will be handed out to everyone who entered up to that point.

Faq
I'll add more as I go

How many times can I enter?

i You can enter as many times as you'd like! Actually, there is a prize for most entries! So be sure to draw away!

How many prizes can I get?
One entry may receive one prize. So the more entries you submit, the more prizes you are eligible to receive.

What are you judging on?
I am judging on your skill and accuracy. Things that will make me jizz in my pants are drawing them as a couple and having a background.

I know you IRL, can I still enter?
Yes you may, my lovely irl friends! However, you are not eligible to receive a prize, since that would be unfair to the other contestants.

How do I enter?
Just fill out the form and put it here or PM me!

What counts as PG-13 content?
Partial, artistic nudity and romantic scenes are as far as you should go. Please do not draw my characters having sex, since that would be over PG-13. Not full frontal nudity as well.

I'm a writer/pixel artist, may I enter?
Nope, sorry, but I am not interested in either.

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 07-13-2009 at 12:13 AM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-24-2009, 12:43 AM

Prizes

1st Prize-

Valentines Hair Pin

2nd Prize
-

Menewshan King's and Queen's Crown

3rd Prize
-

Pudao of Time

4th Prize
-

Mask of the Atlantis

Best Couple-

Welcome T-Shirt Male and Female

Best Mirad-
1st-

Scarf of Order
2nd-

White Bunnie Plushie
3rd-

Pirate's Booty

Best Kay-

1st-

Sash of Chaos
2nd-

White Bunny Plushie
3rd-

Pirate's Booty

Best CG- Raven Wings
Best Traditional Media- Dove Wings
Most Entries- Raven Wings
Best Background- Panda Slippers
Best chibi-
Menewshan welcome balloon
Funniest- Menewshan Welcome baloon

Honorable Mention:
Random EI from my inventory!

More to come...

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 05-24-2009 at 01:32 AM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

[IMGleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/CaitlynPatten/Contest/COntest%20stuff/reibenmountains.jpg[/IMGleft]

Story-

The world that Kay and Mirad live in is a medieval fantasy universe. Equipped with elves, fairies, goddesses, magicians, and the like. This story takes place in a mountain range in the country called Reiben.
Kay, an elf girl runs away from home and is kidnapped by a group of raiders who called themselves the "mountain riders". They take her to their camp high in the mountains, and sell her off to Mirad. She hates him, and thinks herself as a slave, but as time goes by she starts to love him. The meat of the story is centralized around the sexist and cruel Mountain Rider culture, and how Kay tried to overcome her situation.
It's mostly a love story between the two. D-Awww.

I know, it sounds corny, but it was one fo the most fun things to write.

About the Setting:

The Mountain Rider Camp is situated in the forests of the Reiben Mountains. The mountains are like the Rockies in the United States of America. There are lots of evergreens, the terrain is very rocky, etc.
Mirad's tent is located outside of the tent city, and is made of animal skins. The shape looks like this. There is a firepit in the middle, like in a native american tent, and the sitting area consists of pillows and stuff like that.

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 05-24-2009 at 01:42 AM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Characters

[IMGleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/CaitlynPatten/Contest/COntest%20stuff/Kay_ref.jpg[/IMGleft]
Name: Kay
Race: Half elf ( is not immortal, has no magic other than a small amount of self healing)
Height: 5'8"
Build: Extremely skinny and tall, with slight muscle in arms, but not much. She's around an A cup, so she has a very small chest. Her arms and legs are long and skinny.
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Green
Hair: Long, dark brown hair that goes past her shoulders. Her hair starts off straight, but curls slightly towards the tips.
Markings/Tattoos: She has a few scars from mishaps in her youth. Mostly in places like her sides and upper arms.
Clothes: During the time she is kidnapped, she wears plain brown clothes with small amounts of fur. She usually wears dresses, which are rather plain, with underdresses and fur lined coats. Think medieval. All her clothes are either second hand, or made herself. Feel free to make up any outfit you think would fit her, using the mood and styleof the base provided. Her captor is poor, so the clothes she wears should be comfortable for cold climates, but not look fancy.

Relationship Status:
Single- Married (Against her will)

Before she is kidnapped, she is the daughter of a rich "noblewoman" and an inventor. Her mother's weath and "nobility" stems from her high position in crime rings in the capital city of this fantasy world. She lives a life of a daughter, mostly studying and learning how to be a lady. She was taught by her mother how to defend herself, and a bit of science and alchemy from her father. She is learned and a very powerful woman.

Personality: Kay is a person who is angered easily. She is stubborn and doesn't like to back down in an argument. She isusually wary of anyone she doesn't know, and if she isn't careful she can easily make enemies. The elf in her makes her a bit aloof, and she thinks herself higher than some humans. She will do anything for the people she loves and shares deep, life long, bonds with good friends.

Story:
Kay lived a very normal life until she was around 17. She is a daughter of an inventor and a noblewoman(secretly an underground crime lord, but that was unknown to her), and enjoyed a comfortable life in the capital city of a fantastical country called Reiben. However, because of her mother's dotted past, she finds out that the inventor isn;t her biological father, but the inventors brother. He had been a murderer and had died before she was born. Upset and betrayed, Kay fled into the nearby forest to try to make sense of the whole thing. In the forest, she runs into a band of barbarian-like men, they swarm her and capture her, then lead her with many other captured girls into the mountains. There, she finds a secret camp, the barbarian city of the Mountain Rider people. She is auctioned off as a slave to a man named Mirad, and is forced to live with him in a small tent at the outskirts of the city. She begins to hate the machoistic society she is forced into, and begins to rebel against her captor. Later on, she grows to like him and eventually love him, and is forced to choose between captivity in the sexist mountain rider tribe with her love, and going back to her family.

Refs:
xx

[IMGright]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/CaitlynPatten/Contest/COntest%20stuff/Mirad.jpg[/IMGright]
Name: Mirad
Race: Human
Height: 5'9"
Build: Skinny, yet muscular. He is a hunter, so he is very fit, but he is not of mountain rider ancestry so he is not huge like the other men of the tribe.
Skin: Tan from working outdoors.
Eyes: Deep brown
Hair: Kind of medium-short and messy. He doesn't care about his appearance and just uses a knife to make sure his hair is out of his eyes.
Clothes: Furs, skins, and plain clothes. Think medieval. You don't need to use what I have referenced. He wears more than one thing XD

Relationship Status:
Married (finally)

He is a hunter and trader. He sometimes participates in town raids, but doesn't kill.

Personality: Mirad is a very introverted person. He keeps to himself and is usually left alone. Once he befriends you, he is very loyal and kind. He has lots of patience and is very clueless about women, since the only girl he knows is his step-mother.

Story:
When Mirad was very young, his village was raided by the Mountain Riders. His family was killed, but he was spared and sold to an old woman of the tribe. Mirad grew up being shunned because he was no "one of them" and was tormented because of it. When he became an adult, he moved out of his mother's tent and built his own away from town, there he befriended a lone wolf that had wandered into the area. The Wolf, being bad luck in mountain rider culture, made it so no one came his way.
He met Kay in the forest after the raid. When she was being auctioned off, the worst man possible bid on her and Mirad decided to save her, by winning the auction.
Mirad was mostly a gentleman to his new "wife" even though there was a large language barrier. He put up with her hate until they became friends, and then lovers.
Refs: xxx

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 07-29-2009 at 04:56 AM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-24-2009, 12:44 AM

Click Here to View Entries

There are (13) entries

Entry Form:
Code:
Username:
Medium/programs used:
Link:
Has anyone referred you?:
Other:

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 08-14-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Advertisement Contest

Since I would love this contest to be advertised well, so I'm having an advertisement contest.
This does not mean you spam threads with my banner. But, I would like people to get the word out.
This contest will be run by a point system.

Here are things you can get points for:

5- Telling someone on Menewsha about this contest (links/screenshot needed)
10- Putting a banner up in your thread/shop/auction, etc
20- Putting my banner on your sig
50- Referring someone who enters

Prizes:

1st:
2nd:

Please PM me or post in this forum if you have done any of the above!

Point Standings:

pandemoniumswings- 40 points
gothicookie- 40 points
lawliet358- 30 points
TwilightTigerStar- 180 points

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 07-13-2009 at 12:18 AM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Links-

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/art/art-shops/art-contests/116610-kay-mirad-anna-crackers-first-art-contest.html"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/CaitlynPatten/Contest/COntest%20stuff/Art-Contest.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 05-24-2009 at 02:18 AM..

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 AM

Open for Posting!
I'm still setting up, but you can come and talk to me if you want! :D

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2009, 02:20 AM

I thought I'd post here since it's my contest.
I hope that's okay with the mods.
This contest is officially open! I have many more prizes on their way, and hopefully I get an end date set soon!

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 05-24-2009, 02:40 AM

Congrats on getting your contest set up Anna ^^
I'm gonna give this a shot if I get time @o@;;

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2009, 02:43 AM

@ Nivvy- Thanks! I've really wanted to do this for a while. XD

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 05-24-2009, 03:28 AM

Yeah i've seen you work your butt off to pull the prizes together <3
Great stuff :D

pandemoniumswings
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-24-2009, 03:35 PM

XD I love this contest! I'm definitely gonna enter and try to get the word out!
Ahhh! U used my art as a ref! I'm honored.

BTW... I did the ad in mah sig.

OH! And I'll add it to my shop and BIO page.

Last edited by pandemoniumswings; 05-24-2009 at 03:37 PM..

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM

pandemonium- Thanks a bunch I'll add up your points and list you on the ad contest! Yay!

gothicookie
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-24-2009, 09:32 PM

Username: Gothicookie
Medium/programs used: Sai, mouse?
Link: to art? 2 most recent o-o Btw when does this end? i dun think i read properly
Has anyone referred you?: Nupe o.o
Other: .-.

Oh no you dun like chibis ;-; lul i CAN do reg ish but it's hard D:

Last edited by gothicookie; 05-24-2009 at 09:34 PM..

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 05-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Congrats Anna for having your contest up.

I am so going to enter your contest. :D

Kay Mirad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicookie View Post
Username: Gothicookie
Medium/programs used: Sai, mouse?
Link: to art? 2 most recent o-o Btw when does this end? i dun think i read properly
Has anyone referred you?: Nupe o.o
Other: .-.

Oh no you dun like chibis ;-; lul i CAN do reg ish but it's hard D:

Um.

This is not a request thread, this is an art contest. The entry form is for already finished art of my characters.
Anyone can enter whenever.
I hope that clears things up. XD
gah

Last edited by Kay Mirad; 05-24-2009 at 11:54 PM..

gothicookie
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-25-2009, 01:31 AM

No i know i'm drawing your request i'm just telling yooh, and to get your opinion (:

BTW shudn't i get the 40 points tew? xD

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2009, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicookie View Post
No i know i'm drawing your request i'm just telling yooh, and to get your opinion (:

BTW shudn't i get the 40 points tew? xD
Yes! I will be sure to give you your points, thank you very much!

Just make whatever you want for the contest. In the end, I will judge and my opinion will be known then, but for now, so no one is confused, don't post an entry sheet unless you have an entry. :)

pandemoniumswings
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-25-2009, 03:01 AM

I have a quick question on what exactly your contest is aiming for.

Is this contest ONLY a couple contest? Or are you aiming for artwork that simply has Mirad and/or Kay in it?

OH! Almost forgot! I LUV your story, adore it in fact. Is there anyway that I can read it for myself? I'm so psyched for it.

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemoniumswings View Post
I have a quick question on what exactly your contest is aiming for.

Is this contest ONLY a couple contest? Or are you aiming for artwork that simply has Mirad and/or Kay in it?

OH! Almost forgot! I LUV your story, adore it in fact. Is there anyway that I can read it for myself? I'm so psyched for it.

Though I would love couple art, art of just mirad or kay would be great as well.

Gah, I wish I ould read it. Sadly, it's in bits a pieces. Since my friend and I went off to college, we haven't had much time to gather up all of the old pieces, but we do plan on re-writing it sometime.

If i find a part I like, I'll definitely post it, though.

TwilightTigerStar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-25-2009, 08:47 AM

Ohh cool!
Wish i could enter but i can only do pixels.

Last edited by TwilightTigerStar; 05-25-2009 at 08:50 AM..

lawliet358
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM

Kay/Anna@ This is a pretty cool art contest! I like the background story to the characters, so if I have the time, I'll definitely submit a piece or two ^^

On the side note, just want to let you know I've posted your contest banner in my signature and my auction shop which you can link through my signature as well xD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-25-2009, 04:41 PM

The signatures are a great idea. :D *noticed one and wandered over*

I'll stick one in mine for a while, but I'm not entering the ad contest since I already have those items. Good luck on your contest though!