salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-05-2023, 05:25 AM

Wow, archive.org is so cool! I wish I knew about this site earlier :) there is so much random stuff on there

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-10-2023, 12:56 AM

I love this artist named Kimya Dawson and she has a song where she features one of her friends and she mentions how his band's music is on archive.org.

That was the first time I heard about it!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-11-2023, 11:44 PM

Hello all. Hope you've all been doing well.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-12-2023, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I love this artist named Kimya Dawson and she has a song where she features one of her friends and she mentions how his band's music is on archive.org.

That was the first time I heard about it!
Cool, I'm not familiar with Kimya Dawson! Which song or songs do you recommend from her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Hello all. Hope you've all been doing well.
Hi Kirin Rosenbaum! Always nice to see you here

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-12-2023, 03:47 AM

Sorry that it's been awhile.

Kory

Old 03-13-2023, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Cool, I'm not familiar with Kimya Dawson! Which song or songs do you recommend from her?
Honestly, I've been such a fan of hers for so long, I think ANY of her songs are great! xD
But I would probably start with the Juno soundtrack. That's where I first heard her, and I still love every song she did for Juno.

After that, you could check out her latest album, Thunder Thighs. There are some really good bangers on that album!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-13-2023, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Sorry that it's been awhile.
No worries at all Kirin Rosenbaum <3 how are you doing? anything new going on? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
Honestly, I've been such a fan of hers for so long, I think ANY of her songs are great! xD
But I would probably start with the Juno soundtrack. That's where I first heard her, and I still love every song she did for Juno.

After that, you could check out her latest album, Thunder Thighs. There are some really good bangers on that album!
Oohh she reminds me of this band called Rising Appalachia! Have you heard of it? Here is a song by them called "Harmonize" that is on my playlist:

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-14-2023, 03:27 AM

oh i got to see Rising Appalachia live at a festival once!! they're really good.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 03-14-2023, 04:27 PM

Oh wow! I've never heard of them before and I live close to the Appalachian mountains

Kory

Old 03-14-2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Oohh she reminds me of this band called Rising Appalachia! Have you heard of it? Here is a song by them called "Harmonize" that is on my playlist:

Ooo. That's some interesting music. :>
I don't think it's my style of what I would usually choose to listen to, though. xD

Their harmonies and voices remind me of My Bubba (and Mi). Same with their kinda Appalachian style. Maybe even a little bit of Alela Diane in there too.
Their style is similar to what I would have listened to when I was in my folk phase. But I always preferred music that was more chaotic. xD

That's cool, Ruby! I live near the opposite mountain range. Closer to the Sierra mountains. Kinda? I'm about four or five hours away from the Sierra Nevada mountains. I want to actually move up north and live in Lake Tahoe eventually. But that won't be for a few years... and with the interest rate of homes going up so high, I'm kinda doubtful if I will ever be able to afford a home in the Sierra mountains. ;-;

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-15-2023, 03:38 AM

Quote:
No worries at all Kirin Rosenbaum <3 how are you doing? anything new going on? :D

Not much. Had been dealing with anxiety.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-25-2023, 07:58 PM

Hi everyone <3 hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving! I wonder when the next Menewsha event will be :)

Kirin Rosenbaum, hope you feel better soon <3

Kory, my music preferences change all the time haha. I realized I haven't listened to Rising Appalachia at all since that post.

Ruby, glomp hugs <3

ghostPastry, that's so cool! How were they live?

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 11-25-2023, 08:38 PM

Hey Sal! Great to see you again How've you been?