blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-01-2011, 04:45 PM

What Lies Within

James Carrington College dates back to the 18th century. Due to this it has a long and mysterious past. The college in nestled in the quiet hills of West Virginia at a small town named Rosewood. The West Virginia mountain and hill lands have always been blanketed with mystery and bizarre happenings. So colleges like this one are known for keeping things that happen there from the eyes of the public. For the past 100 years there have been rumors that several of the buildings on campus are haunted. The oldest building that is rumored to be haunted is Wise Hall which is the Art departments building, second oldest is Suter Hall which houses the Technology department and the third building is Klein Hall, which is the Auditorium and also is the newest building on campus other then two of the dorms. Wise Hall was built in 1804 and has always been the art departments building. In 1868 Suter Hall was erected and originally was for the English department, but since has become the Technology departments building. Klein Hall, built in 1913, was built and dedicated it the theater professor at the time by his family. He didn’t want the building to be named after him.

***More of the history of the college will be revealed within the rp itself. Once pieces of the puzzle are revealed I’ll add them to the third post so if you want to reference to something you don’t have to go digging through a ton of pages to find it. ***

Present Day

It’s a new school year at James Carrington College and the rumors of the haunting have spread to the freshmen class. A group of friends, who have an interest in the paranormal, have decided to investigate the stories that have been going around for a century. They didn’t really expect to find much of anything. When they played back the recording from their first investigation they were in for the surprise of their lives for there is something sinister lurking in Klein Hall.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-10-2011 at 03:44 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Rules

1. Follow TOS
2. Be semi-literate to literate
3. Please use “ “ for speak, italics for thoughts and (( )) for OOC
4. If you would leave or can't show up because of personal reasons then please pm one of us
5. Limit cursing
6. PM profiles with the title “James Carrington College”
7. Max of 3 characters
8. Some romance is ok

Character Application/Availability
Application
Username:
Character Name:
Year: (this is for students only)
Major/Department/Alignment: (Major for student, Department for teacher, good or evil for ghost)
Bio:
Appearance:
Other:

Availability
Students - 2/6
Teachers - 4/4
Good Spirits - 1/5
Evil Spirits - 1/3

I will add more later if we need them.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-05-2011 at 02:08 AM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 PM

What Has Been Uncovered About James Carrington College's History

Nothing new yet.
(new information will be added above old information)

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-01-2011 at 05:06 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Accepted Profiles

Students

Username:
blueblackrose
Character Name: Stormy Alexis Reinhardt
Type: Student
Year: Freshmen
Major/Department/Alignment: Game Art and Design
Bio: Stormy has always been an outcast no matter what. It was something she could never understand and stopped trying to after a while. During her senior year of high school she didn’t know if she should laugh or what when a girl that she had been going to school with almost her entire life told her “I never knew you were so nice.” This caused her to wonder again if maybe what one of her ex-friends had said was true. When she thinks about this it bothers her since if it was then maybe she didn’t know herself as well as she once thought she did.

She has always had an interest in the paranormal due to being sensitive to it. So she often hears and feels things. Sometimes she also sees them, but that is very rare. Of course when choosing a college to go to she wanted to somewhat be close to home since her grandparents weren’t well. She also wanted to choose a school that had what she wanted to major in. The fact that James Carrington College also was suppose to be haunted was just an added bonus for her when she applied to the school.

Appearance:

Other: Stormy can be moody at times and is very shy until she gets to know someone. She enjoys music, art, reading, writing, larp (live action role play), anime, hiking and a few other things. She hates lies and people that break promises. Sometimes she can be too honest for her own good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofdarkness101
Username:princessofdarkness101
Character Name:Meilin
Type: Student
Year: Sophomore
Major/Department/Alignment: Music/theatre major
bio: Meilin is a loving caring girl. She enrolled in the college to further study the flute. She is very talented. She can play flute, violin, and piano. She also has a voice. Her grades aren't great but she keeps up the pace and does well. She spends many ours dedicated to her flute and piano studies
Appearance:
Other:She is a hard working college student. She steadies flute/ piano performance and does a little theatre as well. She spends majority of her time in the music department
Quote:
Originally Posted by finx15
Username:finx15
Character Name:Finx Sunfara
Type:Student
Year: Freshman
Major/Department/Alignment:Music
Bio:Finx never planned on going to this school but she wound up going anyway. Some people would call it fate, others something else but for better or worse finx is in this school of horrors.
Appearance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Roses
Username: Pink Roses
Character Name:Alice Stone
Type: student
Year: Sophmore
Major: Classical Language(Latin,etc), Minor: Music performance; voice
Bio: Alice is a friendly person. She loves people, most of the time. She transferred to JCC from a college in the Midwest to start her life over. It's often hard for her to blend in since she has a form of albinism. She loves reading about ancient cultures and old languages, and plans to teach Latin some day.

Singing is her second love, and she's very talented. Some choir teachers have gone so far as to compare her to mythical sirens, though Alice firmly denies any such resemblance. She enjoys working on her voice and sings publicly only with a choir where she can't be singled out.

She adores animals, especially dogs, corn snakes, and rats. She loves to draw and usually writes short stories to go with her drawings. Alice came out to her family as queer her senior year of high school. Pretty much all of them pretend she doesn't exist anymore. Sometimes she thinks her pink snow corn snake Teesa is her only friend.

Appearance: Alice has white blonde hair. It is long and thick, neither straight nor curly. Her eyes are a vivid blue, though not an unnatural shade. She has freckles across her cheeks and nose. She likes to wear cute clothes, especially things she finds from Goodwill or at yard sales. She is usually seen in shades of pink, black, gray, and dark green.

Other: She is technically albino, but not considered "a true albino". Alice is very pretty, and though this is her second year at college, she is new to the area as well as the college.

Teachers

Good Spirits

Username: blueblackrose
Character Name: Alana Katherine Klein Maddox
Type: Spirit
Major/Department/Alignment: Good
Bio: Alana was one of the daughters of Robert Klien. She married William Maddox when she was 18. The two of them had a daughter named Cassandra. It had been her elder brother Nathanial’s idea to use some of the money their grandparents had willed to them to construct a building in honor of their father and his work. Of course the school liked the idea and gave the ok. She wasn’t sure it was a good idea, but went along with it. It wasn’t long after the building was complete that her mother Emily became ill. So she along with her family moved into her parent’s apartment, which was in the same building as the auditorium, to help take care of her mother. After about 2 years Alana’s mother lost her fight with cancer. They continued to live in the apartment with her father who seemed to be going mad.
Appearance:
Other: She died along with her husband, daughter and father. The whole incident around their deaths and the fact they ever existed has been buried by the college. She mostly is seen in Klein Hall, but every once in a while she roams the art buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Scarlett Divine
Username: Katie Scarlett Divine
Character Name: Scarlett Marquet
Age: She died when she was eighteen, but died of an illness here around 1806.
Type: Ghost
Year: None.
Major/Department/Alignment: Good.
Bio: When I was eighteen I went to Wise Hall to study to be an art teacher. I never knew that going there would be my demise. I thought it would be a wonderful adventure for myself. I was born to a rich family as an only child so I was put through schooling unlike most girls in my time period. I stayed in Wise Hall during my time at college and before my first year was even up I got very sick with tuberculosis. I had been singing in the shower one day when I suddenly started to cough up blood, then it was only a matter of months before my death. But when I died.. I never left.
Appearance:
Other: Often is seen singing in the hallways at night, or roaming through the art rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofdarkness101
Username:princessofdarkness101
Character Name:Yuuki Amane
Major/Department/Alignment: good
Bio: Yuuki died mysterious In her years in James Carrington College. She was a fun loving spirit who always aid others. She was quite smart and very talented. She was a bit popular in her day.
Appearance:
Other:Her death is a mystery... It was never solved. She was once a member of the musical class and is sometimes seen around the music rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finx15
Username:finx15
Character Name:Calcifer Sunfara
Type:Ghost
Major/Department/Alignment: good
Bio:Calcifer or cal for short is finxs older brother. He dissapeared in his second year in college. He is the reason finx came to the school. Now he needs to try to protect her and the others from them.
Appearance:
Evil Spirits

Username: blueblackrose
Character Name: Dr. Robert Lewis Klein
Type: Spirit
Major/Department/Alignment: Evil
Bio: Robert at one time was the head of the theater department at James Carrington College. Klein Hall was built in honor of him by his family and the college. He was against the idea and wasn’t able to stop it. He had a wife, Emily Douglas Klein, who died of cancer. The two of them had two daughters, Alana and Katrina, and a son, Nathanial. He remained a professor at the college until his death.
Appearance:
Other: Robert became consumed by grief and hatred after the death of his wife. He mostly roams Klein Hall and is what would be considered an intelligent spirit. More about his past will be revealed throughout the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter_Queen
Username: Quarter_Queen
Character Name: Draka Nostrovv
Major/Department/Alignment: Evil
Bio: I was born into London's Victorian Era. I was the heir to the Nostrovv noble family, and I often played with the children of the five other "top" noble families. A girl, a boy, a boy, and fraternal twins. We grew up together, and could never be separated. So when one of us decided to travel to America to go to the James Carrington College, the rest of us went along too. All of us majored in singing at Wise Hall, since we had been trained to be pitch perfect at it ever since we were mere children. However, the student body liked me over the rest of us, so one of my jealous childhood friends - the one closest to me - brutally murdered me in Wise Hall one night when I was up practicing my vocals and hid the evidence so well that I was never found, and she went on living her happy life. I want revenge.
Appearance:
[I'm the 4th one, with teal hair.]
Other: I'm often found singing near Wise Hall or reenacting my death scene.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-05-2011 at 02:08 AM..

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 04-09-2011, 07:33 PM

So...are we going to start the game soon?

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-10-2011, 02:58 AM

((Yeah, just been really busy yesterday and today. I finally found time to get some typing in))

The past week had been hot and muggy now the weather was the opposite cold and wet. The rain was a welcome sight since the summer had been very dry. The forecast called for severe thunderstorms and high winds which came along with a tornado watch. Just like the weather man had said on the TV earlier this morning the wind was howling outside and the sky was growing darker. Stormy left out a sigh. Maybe it’ll hold off until after I get to class. Days like this made one not want to go to class, but stay in where it was warm and dry, but she didn’t want to miss any classes. Especially since they have only been in them for a week. Besides she loved thunderstorms. The lightening was beautiful yet frightening. It also made a great challenge for her photography skills.

Stormy yawned lightly as she finished getting ready to leave her dorm room. She quickly put on her red shirt with a white cross, jeans and black boots before putting her hair up. With high winds there was no way she would leave it down to get blown into a giant mess. After she finished putting her hair up she double checked her schedule along and bag to make sure she wasn’t forgetting anything. “That should be it then,” she said putting her small wallet with her ID and room key into her pocket. She put her messenger bag on her shoulder and left heading towards Wise Hall for her first art class of the day.

princessofdarkness101
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-10-2011, 04:35 AM

Meilin looked over to her clock "Oh i am going to be late" she exclaimed when she realized she only had a few minutes before her class in Wise Hall started. She closed her computer and packed her bag. She ran to her closet and grabbed the jacket and flew out the door. She was in such a rush she forgot her umbrella and it was storming out. Aww crap! I am so going to get drenched she thought. It no longer mattered as she took off sprinting to class.

meilin jumped at the sound of thunder crashing. "Oh i hate storms" she whined as she arrived to her classroom. Just in time she thought with a heavy sigh. She always loses track of time when she is in her musical mood. Meilin had a tendency to be late a lot. She walked over to her favorite seat and sat down. There was another crash of thunder and Meilin winced.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Draka Nostrovv

"Hmmm. What nice weather we're having today." Draka's British accent lingered in the air, and then disappeared. Of course, it was a nice day for her. She was referring to the thundering storm outside. It looked absolutely dreadful. Putting her hand to her ear, she listened for footsteps. Draka found it perfectly hilarious when she scared the students from coming to Wise Hall ever again. Or, when they tried to find the beautiful singing voice that just kept avoiding them.

Draka's head snapped up as she heard a student's footsteps coming into Wise Hall. She debated over whether she should scare them or confuse them. It was a bit too early for frightening people, so she chose to confuse them. Stepping away from the main hall and slipping into a room, she closed the door and began singing, giggling to herself. Hmm, I wonder what their reactions will be...!

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:23 AM

Finx walked to class slowly. It would be an interesting year she was trying to get threw school and not get killed at the same time plus as an added bonus she needed to find her brother. Finally she got to her class and took a seat with a heavy sigh and took out her notebook. The notebook was more for her apservations around school but it also made her look like she was taking notes."

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 AM

Scarlett's faint image sat in the art room humming and singing as she painted a portrait of a beautiful swan on an even more beautiful lake. The swan had huge, wispy feathers and the head of the swan was curved perfectly. She stopped singing to admire her picture, frowning at the image. "It's a shame the swan can never find her love, for he's already dead." She whispered, sighing to herself and continuing to paint.

princessofdarkness101
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 AM

Meilin wasn't very good with school. She mostly concentrated on her music. As the classroom filled up with students she took out her note book and began composing a new song. Meilin was pretty good at composing music. She was always told she would make a good composer someday. Meilin started to dig for an eraser but could not find one. Meilin leaned over to the girl next to her who had a book out and asked "Hey do you have an eraser?"

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 PM

Alice was glad that she'd chosen to err on the side of caution and wear her rain boots. She always had a parasol or an umbrella with her, so that hadn't been an issue. Her pale hair was in twin braids hanging over her shoulders today, which kept it from becoming an untamable mess in the howling wind. She was on her way to her voice class, she'd only had time to warm up a little before leaving this morning.

The looming structure that was Klein hall appeared before her, and she paused for a brief moment to stare at it. It looked similar to the music building at her old campus, but something told her it wouldn't be the same inside at all. She exhaled a deep breath, and continued her walk into the building and out of the rain.

princessofdarkness101
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 PM

Yuuki could hear Draka trying to freak out another student. She didn't like that. She entered the room and floated straight up to draka "What are doing this time?" she asked her a bit angry. "You shouldn't frighten these poor students" she exclaimed. "ugh!" She hated the evil spirits around here. She disappeared shortly after yelling at Draka and went off into the music practice room that she spent most of her time peacefully.

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 PM

Her boots squeaked on the laminated floor of the hallway. She checked her favorite room, one in the very back of the building and a little away from the others, and found it to be empty. Alice hurried into the small room, and closed the door behind her. She took a few minutes to lay down her umbrella, unpack her bag, and get settled for her voice exercises.

Even though it was an elective, the choir class she was taking counted toward her minor. She was supposed to present a piece to sing a cappella. It was going to count as a fourth of her final grade this semester, or so she'd been told. She was contemplating which piece to do as she warmed up.

princessofdarkness101
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 AM

Yuuki saw a girl come into the room. She was looking at pieces of music to sing. One of the peices was familiar to her. Yes it was the very same piece she did when she was in College. She whispered into the girls ear "I'd pick that one" she said lifting the one up.

Meilin kept digging for an eraser. "Ah there you are." she said pulling out a small worn out eraser. "Never mind" she said to the girl next to her and she began on her music piece again.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 PM

Draka sighed after Yuuki left. "Ahh, spirits these days. No fun." Straightening the bow in her hair and walking slowly and dramatically towards the center of the room she had chosen, she spun around in a circle. Then, she opened her mouth, and a beautiful, yet eerie song came floating out of her mouth. Draka was quite gifted. She would've gone on to become a famous opera singer or something of the sort if she just hadn't been murdered...

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 AM

Alice thought she saw movement and when she look down one of the musical pieces she'd been contemplating was on the floor. She picked it up and looked it over. It was "Habanera" from "Carmen". She grinned it was a combination of music arranged by Oscar Hammerstein II, based on Georges Bizet's original. She grinned. She felt confident enough to do the piece.
She cleared her throat, took a drink of water, and warmed up once more before starting her practice of the piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwDAfXsOPg

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 AM

Finx sighed and followed her senses and went to the music room. She spotted a large grand piano and smiled happy. She sat done and listened well the other played. Soon she couldn't resist any longer and played along with the tune. She had loved trick and treat for a while now and played it easily.

((I love trick or treat. I have a version I like better beacause something happens. Its the reborn version its awsome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb6fSiMBbv4

Last edited by finx15; 04-13-2011 at 03:24 AM..

princessofdarkness101
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-14-2011, 02:01 AM

Yuuki sat back. She wanted to hear this girl sing the piece. It was one of her favorite songs. She remember back to her last night as a human she had performed this song. It made her happy to hear someone else to sing it.

((sorry i haven't post much and not at all yesterday. I am having some really big issues at home))

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-16-2011, 03:53 AM

((Sorry that I haven’t posted since last weekend. Things have been really busy at home for me and I really haven’t had the time to reply to all my rps or even be online. I should have more time to after Easter weekend. I’ll also work on a map so you guys will know the layout of the campus.))

Stormy entered Wise Hall. She jumped slightly at the loud crack of thunder that seemed to make the old stone building shake. “That is the only thing I hate about storms.” Ever since she was little she had always had sensitive hearing and loud noises always caused her to jump or cringe, covering her ears. She hurried up the stairs to go to her classroom on the third floor. Walking down the hall she passed the room where the painting classes were held. She stopped for a moment when she thought she heard a voice. Peeking in the room seemed to be empty even though there was a canvas setting on an easel. “Hello? Someone in here?”

Alana sat quietly and listened to the female music student warm up for her practice. “Such a lovely voice,” she mused as she watched the girl. Madeline would have loved this. The smile on her face faded at the thought of her daughter. Even though she was slightly frowning a look of determination was in her eyes. “Something like that will never happen again.” Her voice was louder then usually and almost anyone would have been able to hear it whether they were sensitive to the paranormal or not.

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 04-16-2011, 02:27 PM

((I will have a real RP post up here in a little later this afternoon, it's still early for me, but I'm still playing I promise))