Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Bellinda

Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 PM

Has anyone seen the new episode of Toddlers & Tiaras last night? I know they get crap about their daughters being dressed up like adults. But I wonder what that mother of that girl was thinking that she made her daughter that got dress like a prositute in the movie that Julie Roberts play in 'Pretty Woman'. I just want to hear other people's oppion on this issue and should this show be canceled because of it?

Last edited by Bellinda; 09-08-2011 at 09:21 PM..

xX-Vampire-Lord-Xx
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-18-2011, 03:35 AM

Those moms are crazy putting their daughters or sons which is even crazier in something like that. Dressing them like they are 17 or older..just think the wrong idea they putting in their child's mind. That child won't think he/she isn't beautiful enought when they get older. they should really stop all of that.

Slide
Music soothes the savage beast ;...

Old 09-18-2011, 11:07 PM

I dont like how the mothers put them in there just to fulfill a dream they didn't get to. The children might end up with either a huge ego or very low self esteem. It's honestly really sad when your hear some kids say something like "But mooom! I want to be a doctor!" That's something you don't often hear from a child that grew up in a world where people either want to be famous or a preformer of some sort. They should let their children choose what they want to do.

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Bellinda

Old 09-19-2011, 03:35 AM

Yea especialy at a toddler age like around 2,3, or 4..I mean they don't know how to read so they don't understand why their moms do it. And what is worst is they are getting boys into it..that is nuts. And like last week that crazy mother tossing that baby on the bed like an doll. She needs to be arrested for that.

Slide

Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM

LOLL, a mother tossed her baby? Woww. And boys? I think they might end up being metrosexuals. Beauty pageants are for GIRLS. XDD

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-20-2011, 01:45 PM

I would have to disagree with pageants being "for girls". =/ I know men that are very into fashion and pull off looks better than some of the women I know. Since that isn't the topic of the thread, I won't go on with my explanations.

As for the show, I find it pathetic that any parent would yell at their young child for not wanting to have all that make up and clothing on. I mean really, they're 3 or 4 years old let the kid be a kid and save the make up and shut for later if life if they want to do it. I find it selfish on the parents' part to force the kids to do things they don't want to when it does nothing for their well being. It's one thing to let your kid be in a pageant and have fun with it but it's another when the parents go to extremes. Extremists are never good.

Cancelling the show won't put an end to the behavior. Not saying that it's a good show or anything but maybe some of the parents will see how much they put their kids through after seeing episodes of the show and stop.

Last edited by Mystic; 09-20-2011 at 01:48 PM..

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 09-22-2011, 06:12 PM

I agree with Mystic. I've seen a few episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras that were about boy pageants. And thats just the show and not other fashion industry examples.

Everytime I'm channel flipping and I see T&T, I look over at my mom and I thank her for not doing that to me or my older siblings.

Most of the kids in those pageants, end up growing up with this warped sense of beauty, and low self esteem. But not all. (Thank you TLC) On an episode of Say Yes to the Dress, there was a 24-ish old woman, and she's been doing pageants since she was 2-3. Her mom wanted an extravagant dress, the ultamate dress, and she wanted something sleek and simple. Something that wouldn't be mistaken for a pageant dress. She got her way after a heated battle with her mother.

Now not all pageants are bad either. The mostly negative ones are the Glam Pageants, there are also the Natural Pageants, which showcase the girls natural beauty. Those are alright. The girls wear cuter dresses than they'd normally, but no make up, no hair extensions/wigs/pieces, no fake teeth, or tans. I like those ones, they really show people that natural cuteness is good.

Slide

Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM

I was kidding with that 'Girls only' comment. I already stated my opinion about the pageant stuff.

In a sense, couldn't some girls get a little bit of low self esteem from the natural ones too? Like, if they lose, they would probably think that it's because their outer looks-- even at a natural state-- isn't pretty enough.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 AM

Well, what if you think about it from the kids' who actually enjoy it? Then again..
Seeing that one episode where that little girl was so excited to be tanned... and even had a tantrum just because of a toy her sister was using. :C DESPICABLE, THE WAY THE PARENTS ACTED. I was spanked with the wooden spatula when I pulled that crap! X.x
-cough- I'm really against that idea, unless the kid themself said, "LEMME DO THHAT." :l Then let the kid have a ball with that. o_o Meh, whatever. It doesn't matter to me whether they keep running the show or not, so yeah.. Besides, those kids? Yeah, they ain't mine, so I have no reason to really worry about them. XP However, I do agree with a lot of the opinions here.