Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Ok so how many of you are going to go see it when it comes out?

It looks spectacular, I think I may just break down and spend the 12 - 20 $ to go see it. I hope it's worth it and the story isn't lame.

The original with Chris O'Donnell was really good so it has a lot to contend with in my humble opinion. I just hope it isn't too campy or so full of action you miss the whole point of the story line.

It seems anymore these days original movies are harder and harder to come up with as more and more remake of old movies seem to be coming out of the flood gates.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-06-2011, 05:22 PM

I've seen every form of the 3 Musketeers and I have to say this one looks awesome.
Of course it doesn't look like they're trying to be historically accurate, but it looks pretty funny, and I love the previews with the girl kicking @$$.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette View Post
I've seen every form of the 3 Musketeers and I have to say this one looks awesome.
Of course it doesn't look like they're trying to be historically accurate, but it looks pretty funny, and I love the previews with the girl kicking @$$.
Actually I had that very same thought!! That is hillarious, she is a bad@$$!!! ehheheheheheheh!!! It kind of reminds me of how they filmed Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Junior and Jude Law being centered on being an action film -- rather than a suspense/mystery with some action... I did enjoy the Sherlock Holmes movie too... can't wait for the second one lol -- I'm definitely going to see this movie though since I love the Renaissance Era especially.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 AM

I'm really looking forward to the second Sherlock as well. I love Robert Downey Junior in roles that piss people off on purpose ^.^

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-07-2011, 03:13 AM

I saw the trailer and it looked pretty good, so I might go see it if someone invites me along.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette View Post
I'm really looking forward to the second Sherlock as well. I love Robert Downey Junior in roles that piss people off on purpose ^.^
Me too, I like Jude Law more though hehehhehehe Downey is pretty cool and hot as well -- I like them both really hehehhe :)
@Carzeebear ~ You should definitely go see it too then we will have to report back LOL

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Is it out at the theatres yet?

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 AM

I am afraid of this movie. The Disney one from 1993 was a questionable movie saved by an a-goddamn-mazing cast. I worry this one is just going to be another masturbatory aid for people who like to watch Milla Jovovich twirl around with a sword and Orlando Bloom wear period clothes.

I hope I'm wrong, because I really like Three Musketeer movies.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzeebear View Post
Is it out at the theatres yet?
No, I don't think so, I may take a walk over to the theatre to see when it is lol

@Saisei ~ Are you talking about the one with Chris O'Donnel in it?

Saisei
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 10-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Yup, that's the one I'm talking about. Chris O'Donnel, Keifer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt, and Tim Curry.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisei View Post
Yup, that's the one I'm talking about. Chris O'Donnel, Keifer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt, and Tim Curry.
I liked the soundtrak the song All for one and All for all, I can't remember the group who did it though. I thought Glen Close --- I'm not sure if that's how her name is spelled, but I thought she played an awesome role. The movie could have been better I'm sure -- but for what it was, I personally thought it was enjoyable, it was rated PG.

Saisei

Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 PM

Glenn Close was definitely not in that movie. Rebecca De Mornay (sooo hot) was Milady, and Gabrielle Anwar (I think she's made of leather now. Seriously, go watch an episode of Burn Notice.) was Queen Anne.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisei View Post
Glenn Close was definitely not in that movie. Rebecca De Mornay (sooo hot) was Milady, and Gabrielle Anwar (I think she's made of leather now. Seriously, go watch an episode of Burn Notice.) was Queen Anne.
Rebecca -- hmm maybe that was her -- did she play in the movie the Hand that Rocks the Cradle? I can't remember -- it was quite a while ago for me. Burn Notice? What is that?

By the way I went to the theatre yesterday and they said that the Three Musketeers won't be out until Thanksgiving?! I was kind of flabberghasted-- I hope they aren't right-- I have had enough hype, I want to see the movie already!! lol hehehehehehehhehehehe.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 10-12-2011 at 02:17 PM..

YamiSora
~

Old 10-25-2011, 10:33 PM

It looks like an awesome saucem movie....a very different approach to the story.
and it's already out around Sora's theaters.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 AM

My dad wasn't too thrilled to see the commercial, lol. He's getting tired of all the remakes they do with this story apparently.

Me: "Dad, it's how it works in entertainment. When you can't come up with an original idea, you either make a sequel or a remake." :lol:

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiSora View Post
It looks like an awesome saucem movie....a very different approach to the story.
and it's already out around Sora's theaters.
I will probably go see it although I'm starting to want to go see Anonymous too... not sure which one I may see first... lol

@Larxene ~ Yea, remakes are necessary evils in the industry unfortunately... most suck and only a few are worthy of attention...

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2011, 04:27 PM

if i have time to go see it then yes i would beucase it looks like a good moive

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Just from watching the advertisements I can tell I won't like it. Which is a bit unfortunate for me, since it does look like quite a bit of work has been put in to making it look good. I suppose I watched the previous versions too much when I was younger for this one to be very appealing to me. It's certainly likely to appeal to pretty much anyone who doesn't think about this the way I do. I hope I can get the chance to go see it just in case I'm pleasantly surprised though.