FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 05-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Welcome to the Oakwood Wiccan School for the Magically Exceptional
Here you will learn not only about Wiccan life and Wiccan practices but you will also learn about magic, both combat and practical. You will learn how to harness your powers and use them within the Rede and the Threefold Law. Get unpacked, set up your sacred space and meet your dorm mates because this evening will be the welcoming ritual because tonight is the Full Moon Esbat.
Please do not forget that there is no technology of any form, other than those that are medically required, permitted within the grounds of Oakwood.
Merry Meet students and Blessed Be

Dorm Assignments
Dorms are apartment style so each student has their own room but they share common living space, there is no kitchen because there's a cafeteria/dining hall.

North:
Moira Ravenwood (user: FaePinkfyre)
Thyme Salvo (user: HarukiAi)
Valan (user: InsiDoubt)

East:
Angus Conall (user: Borys Wolvinov)

South:
Finx Sunfara (user: finx15)

West:
Davina Tate (user: Mehimaru)
Glyn Blair: (user: Another Mad Bloke)
Rue Pennelope Nacht (user: nimh)

OOC: Welcome aboard, so, all Menewsha rules apply here of course but I'd also like to suggest that if you don't know much about Wiccan practice to at least Wiki it or check out a few websites because I will correct you if something is obviously inaccurate to me. I'll get the ball rolling. Hope everyone has fun. if you are new to this roleplay and would like to join, please PM me your profile and what dorm you would like to be in and we'll go from there

Moira stepped out of the black sedan from the car service and stopped in her tracks, she knew the Oakwood Wiccan School was old but she never knew it would be so beautiful. A castle in the middle of the Irish countryside surrounded by beautiful green forest. The school was smaller than she would have imagined, but with so few students she supposed it would be more than enough room.

As she stared at the building the driver placed her bags beside her. "Oh, thank you so much" she said as she handed the man a large tip. He smiled broadly "You enjoy your school year miss, goodbye"
"Goodbye" Moira muttered as she stared longingly at the school. She could hardly imagine a place like this existing, a place where she could not only learn about the Great Ones and the beautiful practice of Wicca, but she could develop her magical skills. She could not wait to get everything settled and begin this wonderful journey.

Moira bushed her auburn hair out of her eyes, buttoned up her black cloak, picked up her bags and walked eagerly down the dirt path lined by tress which lead to the main entrance of the school.

She could only imagine what this school year would bring

Last edited by FaePinkfyre; 06-22-2011 at 07:14 PM..

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-30-2011, 06:26 PM

"Mother, I'll be fine." Thyme told her Mother for about the twelfth time since they had left. It was embarrassing enough that her mother had insisted on going with her, but she couldn't stop her from doing it. She sighed and looked out the window at the rolling country side. It was beautiful out here and she couldn't wait to see her new school. She had originally been frightened to get away from her parents home schooling. What if the kids didn't like her? She had thought to herself multiply times, but that was a silly thought. As long as she was polite and respectful to the others then surely they would like her. The car came to a halt as Thyme was deep in thought and when she finally came to and looked out the window at the school she was in utter shock. It was so big and beautiful. She had seen anything like this. It would be like a fairy tale to live in such a castle for her school year. Thyme pushed the door open and pulled her bag onto her lap before turning back to her mother. "Blessed be, Mother. I'll miss you." She reached out and gave her mother a hug and then she jumped out of the car. She closed the door behind her and waved good-bye as the car rolled away. It took some effort to control the tears that were beginning to form in Thyme's eyes, but she managed to control them. Thyme picked up her bags and turned to face the large school and she took a deep breathe to prepare herself. She began to walk up to the school, but stopped before entering and looked up at the huge building. "It's so big, how ever will I get around?" She thought to herself aloud.

InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-31-2011, 01:43 AM

Valan sighs and walks up to the front gates. He takes a look around at the others arriving. School of Wiccas hmmm...? he thinks, examining the girl in the black cloak. Whatever, it isn't like he'd had anything better to do this year. Or, for that matter, any other schools to go to. He sighs again and continues to walk up the path, following with his eyes the girl in the cloak. Out of habit he pulls out a cigarette and places it into his mouth. A headache starts to form. Focusing his energies, Valan ignites the cigarette using his magic and takes a quick drag, continuing up the path.

FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 AM

Moira got more and more excited as other people began to arrive behind her, she wondered who would be in her dorm. North dorm. North corresponded to the earth and Moira could tell it would be easy to connect with the earth in this place.
Moira felt someone's eyes on her so she looked behind her and saw that the eyes belonged to a boy smoking a cigarette. He didn't seem too pleased to be at Oakwood, although she couldn't understand why. She smiled at him before hefting her bag back up on her shoulder and walking up the stairs to the main door. She noticed that another student had arrived at the main doors before her, this girl seemed to be marveling in the beauty of it all just as much as she was.

She opened the heavy wooden door and walked into the Oakwood Wiccan school completely amazed at what she saw. It was the stereotype of an old Irish castle, but everything looked to be in perfect condition. It was like she had stepped back in time. Dark wood floors, marble counters, winding stair cases, beautiful red walls and floor to ceiling windows.

"I don't suppose there could be a better place to connect with the Great Ones" she said aloud to herself "Now, where is North dorm?"

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-31-2011, 02:11 AM

Thyme began to notice that more and more students began to pour into the school. She must have looked stupid standing there in complete awe. She pulled herself together and set her bag down on the ground to straighten out her white sun dress. She picked her bags up and began to move forward through the castle or school, she couldn't decide which it was. She walked up behind a girl in a black cloak as she opened a set of heavy doors. Thyme hadn't heard what the girl in front of her had said at the beginning because she was awe stuck by the sight. "Umm...Are you in the North Dorm too?" Thyme replied to the girls question out of instinct. "Oh! Sorry! Please forgive me." She said as she noticed the girl wasn't talking to her. She began to blush at her foolish mistake.

FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 05-31-2011, 02:16 AM

Moira turned around to face the girl she had noticed earlier, she smiled as she pushed back the hood of her cloak revealing short spikey auburn hair and starling green eyes. "Yes I am actually, although I'm not sure which direction it's in. North I'd assume but I packed my compass away" She smiled at herself, she was such a nerd "I'm Moira, Merry Meet". She put down her bag and offered a hand shake to her new dorm mate

InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-31-2011, 02:20 AM

Valan wondered exactly where the north dorm was. Deciding that he wasn't in a hurry to find it, he walked over to the girl in the cloak and her companion, and, unable to tell where they were in their conversation, asked "Do either of you know where the north dorm is?" After saying this, he noticed the girl, Merry Meet or something, holding out her hand to the other girl. Oh. So the conversation just started. Great. I'll have to introduce myself, he thought.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-31-2011, 02:26 AM

Thyme felt a little bit of weight leave her shoulders. She seemed nice. Thyme placed her bag on the ground and reached out to shake Moira's hand. "Merry meet, Moira." She said smiling at her faintly. "My name is Thyme Slavo. Umm....Well, I'm not sure where it is either, but North does seem like a logical direction." She said as she reached up with her hand and brushed her snow white hair away from her eyes. She turned her head to look at the boy, who had just walked up to them. She looked at him for a moment before averting her sapphire eyes. She was beginning to feel nervous again around so many new people. "Well, no. We are both trying to find it though. If you would like to join us, that would be okay with me." She said softly.

InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-31-2011, 02:39 AM

Valan shrugs. "Sure," He says, noting how quickly she had looked away from him. He scratches his head. "You'd think somebody would tells us where the dorms are located, huh?" Valan notices that his cigarette is now burning at the filter, and uses his magic to extinguish it. He goes for his pack, finds another, and places it in his mouth without lighting it. Hmm... This school seems swell enough. Maybe it won't be so bad after all, he thinks, optimistically. "Oh." he says, "My name's Valan."

FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 05-31-2011, 02:46 AM

As Valan and Thyme greeted each other, Moira was digging in the bottom of her bag. After pulling out candles, pentacles, matches and a statue of the Goddess she pulled out her trusty compass. She stood up, examining the direction that the needle pointed in. "Merry Meet Valan, I'm Moira Ravenwood" she chirped as she pointed down the hall "it looks like north is down this hall here. Shall we?" She gestured down the hallway before she knelt back down to throw her stuff haphazardly in her bag, except for the statue which she placed on top very gingerly. She looked at Valan again, he was an interesting character she could tell. She doubted that their dorm would be boring.

After she was ready she took off her cloak revealing a curved figure dressed in a black dress with pink stitching around the edges. It was a knee length dress which revealing her knee high pink leather boots. "Let the adventure begin, eh?"

OOC: My avatar kinda looks like Moira now, at least for the time being lol. Off to bed with me, I'll post in the AM

InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 AM

"A pleasure," Valan says, watching Moira pull her things out. He narrows his eyes as he sees the statue, but chooses not to say anything. He doesn't want to cause much trouble on the first day. When she removes her cloak, he smiles slightly. Not bad at all. Moira mentions adventures, stirring him from his thoughts. "I suppose so," he says and reaches out his hand in a courtly manner. "Princess, shall we?" he inquires, with a bit of sarcasm on the princess and excitement on the we.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 PM

Thyme watched as Moira began to dig through her bag. The statue that she had of the Goddess wasn't not too different from the one she had herself. She bent down and picked up her bag and placed it on her shoulder. She had to readjust her hair again because it had fallen into her face. She pushed back her white hair and tucked it behind her ear. "An Adventure does sound fun." Thyme said as she watched Valan extend his hand out for Moira.

FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 PM

Moira gave Valan a great big fake smile and chuckled a little as she looked at Thyme and rolled her eyes a bit. Interesting dorm mates, that was for sure. She figured she could handle Valan's bad boy routine well enough, just fight fire with fire if necessary and take it all in stride. As they walked down the hall that she hoped would hold their dorm she looked at both of them "I'm third gen Wiccan on my mothers side. My grandmother was the first Wiccan in our family. What about you two?"
She wanted to learn as much as possible about these two, since she would be bunking with them she wanted to make a good first impression and be good friends. If nothing else, getting along with your dorm mates makes things a lot more bareable.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 PM

Thyme giggled a little when she saw Moira roll her eyes towards her. She covered her mouth with her free hand to cover up some of the sound of her giggling. She followed behind Moira as she led the way in the direction the dorm should have been in. "Both my father and mother come from Pagan families. My mother's family has about four generations of Pagans, while my fathers is three." Thyme said. She could remember all the family gathers they had. They were all so much fun, but she had to admit that her Great-Grandmother did scare her sometimes.

InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-31-2011, 10:36 PM

Valan saw the eye rolling he got from Moira and grinned to himself. Indeed, he also noticed Thyme's giggling and figured that he had passed off as "funny".
"I'm a self-taught Sata... erm, Wiccan." Valan corrects himself. He remembers his unlit cigarette and ignites it with his magick. Taking a puff, he starts to walk down the hallway.

FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 PM

Walking down the hallway the rest of Oakwood school was very similar to the entrance, all rich wood, high ceilings and large windows that let in lots of light and made you feel like you were walking through the woods. The three began to walk past other students, each looking unique in their own way like many Wiccans do. She noticed what Valan began to say, but figured she was hearing things. "Wow, two different extremes. I bet we'll be able to learn a lot from each other. I've never really met a lot of Wiccans outside of my Gran and my Mom, I'm looking forward to doing rituals with other people".
About half way down the hall they walked across a set up steps with a sign pointing up them North Dormitory upstairs "Looks like this might be us"

InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 PM

Neither of the girls seems to notice his slip up, but Valan kicks himself mentally for screwing up like that. These people are nice. Maybe this year could be a good opportunity to start over. He isn't paying much attention to where they're going, or any of the scenery, but the Moira girl seems to know where she's headed. "What? It says North Dormitory but I'm not so sure this is our stop. I mean, it could be a trap" Valan says sarcastically. He realizes that he has dropped his necklace somewhere, and looks around frantically to find it. [COLOR="blue"]"Shit,"[/COLOR he says,"Have either of you seen my necklace?"

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 AM

Thyme looked up at the sign with some relief. They had found it quite easily. Thyme was about to continue up the steps when she heard Valan. "What?...Why would some set a trap?" She said a little frantically. She was scared easily and and the thought of someone trying to harm them made her panic. When Valan asked if either of them had seen his necklace her level of panic went down a little. "Uh...I haven't seen it. I can help you look for it, if you like?" She turned to look at him with her wide sapphire eyes.

FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 AM

Moira scoffed slightly "Thyme, it's alright, we're in a school not a POW camp. There's no trap." She looked up the stairs again and then glanced up and down the hallway. "Sorry Valan, no necklace. I can drag your stuff upstairs if you want to go trace your steps for it. I want to get my sacred space set up before the Esbat ritual tonight"

Moira was getting slightly impatient, she so badly wanted to get herself ready for the ritual and she had a lot of prep yet to do; meditation, honoring the Great Ones and getting in her ritual clothes. She would let Thyme go all around the school with Valan.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-01-2011, 02:30 AM

Thyme felt a weight lift from her shoulders. "You're right....I'm sorry I over-reacted." She said softly it was embarrassing that she had over-reacted, but she couldn't help it. She had been like this since she was little. Her heart just couldn't take much of the thought of danger. She had to admit that she was getting a little better. She could stand the sight of blood now, but not a lot, which made her a horrible healer in her opinion. How could she heal someone when she is passed out on the ground? "Blessed Be, Moira." She said to Moira as she waved slightly to her. She couldn't stay out long to help Valan either or she would be ill prepared for the Esbat Ritual.

Mehimaru
Hey, peoples. I know I have been...

Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 AM

A sleek black limo with darkly tinted rear windows pulled up in front of Oakwood. A tall, stately looking man stepped out of the driver side door. He quickly, quietly walked around the car to the rear passenger side of the car. Openly the door, he spoke in a sophisticated manner.

"Young Mistress, we have arrived," he said as he opened the door to allow the passenger out. Out of the vehicle stepped a young looking girl with hair so fair it had a blue sheen. She opened her lightly shut eyes reveiling shimmering blue eyes. As she stepped away from the limo, the hem of her dress gently swept across the ground.

"Thank you, Joseph," she replied in a delicate voice. She lightly tugged on the wrist of the sleeve on her dress.

"You as well, Madam Siren," Joseph called into the limo. He reached into the darkness and quickly pulled back. Now in his arms was a black feline. The cat sat in his arms with her head held high in a posh manner. The driver placed the cat on the ground. The disgusted look that the cat gave him spoke volumes of her contempt towards him for placing her on the "dirty" ground. Davina looked at the cat with gentle eyes.

"Now, Siren, there is no need for that. Come. Let's explore our new home," Davina said in the same soft voice, this time with a hint of excitement and nervousness. Siren answered by turning her tail up and walking down the path towards the school. Davina sighed as she turned back to Joseph, who had pulled her luggage from the limo. A rolling suitcase and three garmet bags were all that she brought. She took the garmet bags from oseph, folded them over her arm, and grabbed the handle of the suitcase. She looked at Joseph with tears in her eyes.

"Goodbye, Joseph. Please ask Mother and Father to write to me. Although I doubt they will," she said to her driver.

"I will, Mistress. Goodbye and take care, Little Miss," Joseph said before walking back around the car, sliding into the driver seat, and driving away.

"I guess this is it. Save Siren, I am all alone," Davina said to herself, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She forced the tears back as she started toward the school entrance, determined to start anew in this strange place.

InsiDoubt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 AM

OOC: my character is going to show contempt for Wicca. I do not mean to offend anyone :)

Dammit dammit dammit Valan thinks while admiring the blue eyes of the Thyme girl. "It's alright, Moira, I'll just get my stuff up on my own. I've only got my backpack anyway." Valan starts off in the direction that they came from, looking along the floor impatiently for his necklace. If someone else found it, he didn't know what he'd do. Probably just claim that somebody made it wrong. What hell is an Esbat ritual? Valan wonders angrily. Perhaps coming to a Wicca school wasn't such a hot idea after all. He comes to the place where he had first seen the two girls, and it still isn't there. Aghast, he looks up at the front gate. There's another girl arriving there, with... A cat? Valan tries examine her from afar, but can't really tell. Furrowing his eyebrows, he steps out onto the path and keeps looking for the necklace.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 AM

Thyme followed after Valan after she had set her bag down beside the stair case. She walked down the hall searching for any signs of a necklace. She had managed to get clear down the hall and still there was nothing. Thyme gave a little sigh and walked up behind Valan and looked at the new girl with a black cat in her arms. 'Awe! What a beautiful cat!' She thought to herself. She examined them for a few seconds then set out looking for the necklace again. "Uh, Valan...What does your necklace look like?" She asked as she searched around a little. Of course if she spotted a necklace on the ground the chances of it being his would be greater than someone else, but she still didn't want to take someone else mistakingly.

FaePinkfyre
Wiccan Princess

Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 PM

OOC: This is a long post but I'm getting all the descriptions of the dorms out of the way so I'm sure you'll forgive me. All the dormitories are going to be decorated the same and laid out the same, different views of course, but that is why I'm getting overly descriptive

Moira grabbed Thyme's bags and headed up the stairs, at the top of the stairs there was a door with North Dorm engraved on it. "Excellent" Moira opened the door and walked into the room. "Oh my Goddess, this is beautiful" The door opened into a large and spacious living area with walls painted the color of red autumn leaves and windows framed in luxurious brown draperies. The room had a view over through the tops of the trees and out to a serene body of water, she couldn't tell if it was a large pond or a small lake that shimmered in the distance.

She set the bags down and glanced at the old grandfather clock in the corner of the room, she still had a about two hours before the Esbat ritual began. "I guess I have time to look around a bit" she whispered to no one in particular as she walked slowly into the living room; the floor was the same hardwood as the rest of the castle but you could hardly see it because of the furniture that was laid out in a circle around the room. Two dark brown plush fabric couches and four matching chairs formed a complete circle in the living room and as she walked closer she noticed that they formed a circle around a beautiful pentagram carved into the floor. The pentagram's top point faced north (OOC: each dorm's pentagram will have the top point facing north accordingly)
"What a perfect place for us to perform rituals, I suppose they thought of that" Moira looked around a bit more and noticed that each of the other points on the pentagram pointed to four rooms that opened off the living room. "Someone put a lot of thought into this, or didn't have a life, either or"

Moira grabbed the bags, left Thyme's on one of the couches and took hers into one of the empty bed rooms. Instead of red, the walls in the bedrooms were painted a deep teal although everything else in the room was similar to the living room. Same large windows, same brown curtains, same wooden floors. There was even one of the brown fabric arm chairs in the corner with a lamp for reading. The bedroom was what one would imagine for a school dorm room; dark wooden desk and desk chair, reading chair and lamp and a double bed with plush brown bedding. "That looks too comfortable, I may never get out of bed"

The only thing that set this room apparent from dorm rooms at other schools was that the Oakwood Wiccan School provided their students with altar space on the north wall of the room, a beautiful wooden shelf for all things sacred. Moira put down her bag, opened it up and began to set up her altar.

OOC: Done! lol, I will never post anything that long again, but I think it will be helpful in the long run

Last edited by FaePinkfyre; 06-01-2011 at 02:48 PM..

Mehimaru
Hey, peoples. I know I have been...

Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Davina trailed after Siren up to the entrance of the school. It was a bit hard to keep up with her four legged companion when she was lugging around a suitcase and gramet bags. Suddenly she was glad she hadn't brought all of her possessions. She would have needed at least five attendants to carry everything. Siren stopped walking off to the side of the entrance and started to meow loudly.

"What is it, Siren?" Davina asked the cat. She let go of the handle of the suitcase and placed the garmet bags on top of it. She reached down and picked the cat up, cradling the feline in her arms.That was when she noticed what Siren had noticed. There was an object laying on the ground hidden in the shadows of the building.

"What is this, Siren?" Davina asked as she placed the cat back on the ground. She reached over and picked the object up. She then held the object in the light to get a good look at it. "A necklace? You found a necklace, Siren?" Davina questioned out loud. Well, certainly this was misplace. Someone must have been looking for it. "I think I will hold on to it and get it back to its rightful owner. What do you think, Siren?" The cat turned her tail up and started walking again. Davina sighed. That blasted cat was going to be the death of her one day. She placed the garmet bags back over her right arm, carrying the necklace in her right hand, and grabbed hold of the suit case handle once more with her left hand. "Might as well find my dorm," she thought to herself.