whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 01:41 AM

Jono nodded, "Yes sir. Thank you for showing me about. I'll---It was very kind of you." The blond was grateful yes but he wouldn't blurt out that the silence between them got on his nerves a little now.

The blond ran a hand through his hair, still quite unable to fully grasp this new world he had been thrusted to. It was so different from where he last walked in and yet the boy felt he wouldn't have any difficulty settling in. This Seth person despite his scowling face was quite a good guy.

Well at least that's how he took it.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kyoki_Hinote Send a message via MSN to Kyoki_Hinote

Old 10-21-2007, 08:21 PM

Seth nodded. "I'll show you the way to the main temple tomorrow. We're going back now, this time you lead the way."

Seth decided to test the man, to make sure he wouldn't get lost when he actually had to go by himself. Seth did not tolerate insufficiency in any of his subjects.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 08:43 PM

Jono nodded and did as he was told. It was only normal that the priest would try to test out his sense of direction really. It was going to be his best friend in the sandy corridors of the palace. If the blond had plans of actually keeping himself alive, he had to know where to go.

Confidently, he lead the way back to Seth's chamber. Along the way, he hummed a tune in his head. The boy's mouth was moving slowly and slightly as if singing softly but with no sound. The other man couldn't see him anyway. What was the loss in doing so?

Despite the circumstances he had been forced to, song and dance were comforts for Jono.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 PM

Seth smirked to himself as Jono led the way. It seemed the blonde knew where he was going, indicating that he was a fast learner. Or at the very least, good at memorization.

They reached his chambers quickly, and Seth waited for the man to open the door for him, raising an eyebrow expectantly.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 08:56 PM

The blond opened the door immediately once they arrived and waited once the priest was inside his room after following suit. After which he made his way to him, making sure he was able to keep some sizeable distance.

Some nobles have this thing about proximity and their slaves. They feel dirty when the slave is too near them or something to that extent. Depends. He was curious of Seth's opinion though.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 PM

Seth seemed to neither notice nor care. He simply sat in his chair, crossing his arms elegantly.

"You will be introduced to Moku at dinner time, when you will fetch both my meal and his. Do you feel you need to know anything else to do your job correctly, Jono? I prefer that all those who work for me be well-informed." His sharp blue eyes looked up and down the man's body, taking in the rags he had for clothing. He'd have to get more suitable clothing for the man, something that told of the status of his master.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 09:12 PM

"Sir during the meal times, would you two be dining together or separately in your rooms?"

There was no harm in asking now right?

Jono started to feel self conscious over the man's sizing up and felt the weight of the tattered dancing clothes on his body. They were matted with mud and sweat that you could no longer make out that the cloth was once a vibrant green.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 09:15 PM

"If I am not too busy, we dine together. Tonight we will both eat in here. I will tell you ahead of time for five days, but once that time is passed, you will be expected to know on your own wether we will be eating together or apart." He replied sternly, reaching up to take off his hat of the high priest.

"Tomorrow you will be fitted for new clothes. Come here." He waved the man closer, holding up a golden anklet with his personal insignia on it.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 09:25 PM

The blond nodded. That was good enough for him. He was a perceptive sort of guy after all. He could easily learn their moods in five days or so. Or at least get himself used to it a bit enough that he could survive.

"Thank you sir," he prompted himself to say after being told he would have new clothes.

Upon the command, Jono approached him and looked up at the anklet and suddenly felt branded. But hey... this was how it was wasn't it? At least he would only get to serve Seth now. He blanched a little though.

The memory of his other friends getting traded off from one person to another or getting fought over flashed in his mind. Jono shuddered and nodded, this was better.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 09:34 PM

Seth attatched the anklet to the blonde's leg. It was kept on with a magic seal he had carved himself.

"This magic seal will keep it from ever coming off. If I die, the anklet will fall off, only I can take it off, and only willingly. No one has the authority to order you to do anything other than myself, the pharoh, and any future pharoh. If you try to run away, the anklet will sever your foot." The blue-eyed man explained, his blue eyes narrowed, scrutinizing the blonde's expression.

He seemed slightly fearful, but quietly defiant. It intrigued the priest.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM

Jono tested out the weight of the accessory on his leg and found it comfortable enough. As long as it didn't restrain movement it was good. He tapped the floor lithely and twisted about, almost tempted to break out into dance already.

Upon hearing the anklet's abilities, he stopped to look at the priest and then back at the anklet. Jono blinked and then nodded.

...There was no way he would want his foot damaged. It was JUST his means of living after all. Or at least one of the ways he could if he was still... But who knew?

The blond then settled for a somewhat boring stance, standing up and awaiting Seth's command. He wouldn't admit it but the piece of gold now attached to his ankle afforded him some form of vanity.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 09:46 PM

"You're free to do whatever you wish." Seth waved his hand dismissively, turning to his scroll. "Take a nap, stare at the wall... I don't care what you do... Just don't leave the room and don't make any noise."

He continued writing on the papyrus, his elegant fingers wrapping around the brush.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 09:52 PM

"Thank you, sir."

It seemed like the most polite thing to say then. He coupled the statement with a quiet bow before the boy turned on his heel and took off towards the priest's windows and looked out.

Egypt was truly different. In so many ways that his fingers and toes would count. Jono was careful not to lean against the walls or the banisters and simply peeked through, letting his curiosity get the best of him.

Everything was made of yellow and shined. Somehow he got the feeling that things would look more beautiful when the moon took over. Someone has once told him the moon was exceptionally beautiful here.

He could not wait to see it with his own eyes.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 09:55 PM

Seth lost track of time, completely focused on his work. The hours passed by in what felt like mere minutes and it was pitch black before he knew it.

His hand was cramping up horribly and his eyes felt like they were permanently squinted by the time he finished the day's work.

"Go get dinner, Jono." He muttered softly, flexing his wrist in an attempt to work out the cramp.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 10:02 PM

The blond sprang to action from the cold floor. He stretched his long legs a little as he stood up and nodded.

"In a while!"

He smiled before leaving and darted off as quietly as possible towards the kitchen.

On his way, Jono noted his master's muscle pains and wondered if he would offer and say he could work it out if the man wanted to.

Hmm... he mused. Wait. Dinner first.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 10:07 PM

Seth stood, his long legs aching from having to stand after hours of neglect. He ignored the dull ache and walked to Moku's room, knocking on the young teen's door once before walking in.

Moku lifted his head up, his eyes brightening upon seeing his brother. "Seth!" He cheered, hopping up from his bed.

"Is it time for dinner, brother?"

Seth nodded, his eyes softening as they gazed upon his little brother. "Yes. We'll be eating in my room. I must introduce my new slave to you. He will be telling you stories and serving your food."

"Okay!" Moku grinned, darting past Seth into the priest's chambers and sitting at the small eating table, his legs swinging back and forth impatiently.

Seth chuckled to himself, following the boy back at a much more subdued pace.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 PM

Jono announced his arrival with the trays of food with a happy voice. "Greetings your graces... Your dinner is served."

The blond set the food on the eating table and after which he turned to the priest. He opened his mouth to speak but found himself unable to say anything. The dancer looked to the side and gritted his teeth.

Then noticed the appearance of a smaller child.

"Hello there... My name is Jono and you must be the Master's little brother."

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 PM

Moku laughed, nodding. "Yes! I'm Moku. Thanks for getting the food, Jono." He dug in to the food, only minding his table manners when Seth gave him a look of glarey-death.

Seth ate at a slower pace, setting some bread and meat on a separate plate for Jono. "Eat." He commanded softly. The blonde was far too skinny to be healthy, not that he was much better himself.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 10:40 PM

"No big deal. It's my job from now on," he replied light heartedly to the child. He was surprised by the offer of food and gave a questioning look. Jono looked at the food that had been set aside and hesitantly took at it.

"Thank you sir." The blond ate it and felt like crying. He hadn't had food that actually had taste in days. This was such a blessing for him. As he sunk his teeth in the bread, tears threatened to leave his eyes. This was so weird.

After he finished the meal, Jono wondered if that was really all for supper. He wanted to ask but felt insolent for doing so.

"So... I heard you like stories?"

Of course this was addressed to Moku.

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 10:44 PM

"Yeah!" Moku cheered, looking up at Jono eagerly. "I love stories! Seth doesn't have time to tell me any anymore, he's always too busy." The boy pouted up at his brother.

Seth ruffled the child's hair. "I've run out of stories to tell you."

Moku pouted some more. "Yeah right!" His attention was immediately turned back to Jono. "Are you good at telling stories?"

The boy split his dessert in half, smiling. "If you are, I'll give you half of my dessert."

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 PM

"Whoa! That's too kind of you!," replied Jono rather surprised. Were Egyptians naturally generous or what?

The blond closed his eyes and sifted through his mental library of stories. He wanted to make a good impression on the child so he had to pick a story that was catchy. Moku seemed to the enthusiastic sort. So perhaps an adventure story would be good.

He was noble so Jono supposed if it were a story of kings and princesses he could relate.

"Have you heard about the story of the Wooden Horse?"

Exotic lands such as Persia and past the Roman Empire were always a good pick.

---

Are you familiar with that story? It's the one where this prince was sold this horse that was actually mechanical and wooden but looked real. It picked the fancy of a prince who soon had his own set of adventures because of it. :3

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 11:02 PM

Moku shrugged. "I'm almost full anyway."

Seth was impressed. Jono must have had a big effect on Moku to make the boy offer up his dessert. He smirked. This only proved that he had made the right choice picking Jono.

"No, we haven't heard that tale." Seth answered for his brother. "Do tell."

---
No, I haven't heard it. xD

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-21-2007, 11:10 PM

Jono cleared his throat and started his tale.

"This story happens in a far away land, Moku... It's a place like you've never seen.It's made of white stone and the air is always cool to the skin. It's filled with plants large and small and the waters are always clear. The clothes are vibrant and colorful, rimmmed with gold and glitters in the light. This kingdom if I must say exists with an energy like no other!"

As a story teller, it was his duty to set the pace and paint a clear picture of the area. He had to make his audience see and feel the place as he'd had.

It was also good to accompany these with hand gestures, change of voice and other ways of emphasis.

"Now, in this kingdom, was a Sultan. You see... If Egypt has it's Pharaoh, Rome has it's Emperor, this place has a Sultan, Moku... And he was growing old already. Hence all the attention came upon his young son who was to suceed him..."

---

It's from the 1,001 Nights. :3

Let me tell you about it along the way as well. xD Hee hee!

Kyoki_Hinote
*^_^*

Old 10-22-2007, 09:45 AM

Moku was enraptured in the tale in an instant, his young eyes wide with wonder and curiousity. His face brightened with a large grin.

"You mean the prince?" He asked excitedly, practically bouncing in joy.

Seth was listening too, but with more amusement than excitement. The blonde man was a good story teller, after all.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 AM

The blond nodded. He jumped up from where he sat and started to use himself as a prop. "He was well versed with the martial arts and was a scholar as well. He could wield the sword like no other and aim even with a blindfold! Ah yes this prince was truly like no other. He was also very smart and read a lot too!"

Jono was one very animated story teller though. A little too much but when he was telling stories to his audience ---often little children it amused them a lot. Especially when he grabbed stuff from random and did makeshift costumes out of them.

"Now one day... There was a merchant who visited them! He was short -Jono leaned a little- with a dark black moustache he liked to play with -He did pretended he had one and twirled his fingers giving off a most snide smile- This merchant as he boasted had gone to many places: China...India. Troy and now he found himself in the beautiful Fertile Crescent. The prince being the prince was allowed private audience and saw the goods. Gold, cloth, food, spices... These did not interest him. Instead he saw something else."

Then he paused and took a deep breath. He really needed to learn how to breath in intervals.