LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-31-2013, 02:09 AM

So I finally finished watching season 1 of game of thrones. I have really been enjoying the storyline, and can't wait to watch season 2 tomorrow. That last episode of season 1 was the best on out of all of them. I loved everything that happened from Ed Starks death to the very end of the episode. is anyone else on menewsha a game of thrones fan? This is here to discuss anything about the show.

Last edited by LonelyOtaku97; 06-07-2013 at 12:44 AM..

punkzilla
Cupcake Eater
Send a message via ICQ to punkzilla Send a message via AIM to punkzilla Send a message via MSN to punkzilla Send a message via Yahoo to punkzilla

Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 PM

I'm definitely a fan as well. It's a good show. I've been keeping up with the series. I do not however read the books. I'm not much a book reader.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-01-2013, 02:40 AM

Thats good you have been keeping up with the series, I would love to read the books, but the show works for now. I started watching episode one of season two today.

Daenerys

Old 06-02-2013, 12:46 AM

Just wait till you get to season 3 LonelyOtaku it blew me away how amazing it is!! I love Danny she is my all time fav Charrie on the whole show lol! I actually cried when Ed Died lol.

It restarts tomorrow after being off for the Holiday I am SO SO HAPPY!!! cant wait lmao

punkzilla
Cupcake Eater
Send a message via ICQ to punkzilla Send a message via AIM to punkzilla Send a message via MSN to punkzilla Send a message via Yahoo to punkzilla

Old 06-02-2013, 05:54 AM

Damn you Memorial Day for screwing up Game of Thrones not airing. Actually I think that was the show/channels decision. Either way, damn you!

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-03-2013, 01:28 AM

That sucks that they held off game of thrones, well I can't wait till season 3 that episode were they killed all the children in King's Landing was horrible.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 AM

Season 3 is almost over...

Anyway. Anyone catch the most recent episode that aired today/last night? That was...I don't even...

Catherine

Old 06-03-2013, 05:58 AM

I had been an avid watcher of game of thrones, until recently. Does the degree of nudity and adult content bother you? I would try to skip ahead on my player but it seems like every episode has at least one scene

punkzilla
Cupcake Eater

Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 AM

The nudity doesn't bother me. I agree, the show as of late seems to be having a bit more boobies.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM

I don't watch, just popping in to say that I sympathise with you on this day of the Red Wedding.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Hm I am going to have to get caught up, and the nudity doesn't bother me at all, considering I watch true blood and that has alot of nudity to. Its just that killing the children was disturbing especially that baby.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 AM

You might want to put "spoiler warning" in the title since you have some important plot developments right in your first post.

Game of Thrones is definitely one of my favorite TV series of all time. The quality of the story and characters is so wonderful. I've recently started re-watching the show from the beginning in between waiting for new episodes and it's still just as enjoyable since there are so many details I'd forgotten and I notice more things now that I know future events.

I have to say, the newest episode (season 3, episode 9) was really shocking. I saw Facebook comments hinting something terrible was going to happen, but I really didn't expect that at all. What a tragedy. I'm really interested to see how things progress from here.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 06-04-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
I don't watch, just popping in to say that I sympathise with you on this day of the Red Wedding.
Thank you.

Ahha.

I am a huuuge game of thrones fan. I read the books before the show started - when I heard they were making a show I literally fell on the floor because I was so overjoyed!

Season three has started to shift a bit from the books, but most of it is really close. I wasn't a fan of the latest episode (well, I loved it..but I had some issues) - I feel as if they didn't do the red wedding justice...in particular the scene at the end with Cat.

Mostly the look on persons face when person asked for the other person. >>;; No spoilers here. Ahha.

Favorite ships people?

SanSan all the way for me. I ship them so hard it hurts. My babies~!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 06-04-2013, 03:00 AM

SanSan? That's shipping Sansa with... who?

Personally, this is one of the few times where I've decided to watch the show first before reading the books. Mostly because I do think they're doing a very good job of it and I like being surprised. I want to read the books later so I can get a fuller picture of what's going on. It will be like rediscovering the whole all over again.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 AM

Oh god, everybody is talking about that last episode. Sometimes you start thinking that George R. R. Martin isn't that serious about wanting his fantasy series to be as far from cliche as possible... and then episodes like this remind you that yes, he is.

SanSan probably refers to Sansa and Sandor Clegane. And while we're talking about relationships, it appears that my favorite couple became separated in the last episode. </3 I actually found that part a lot harder to take than the final scene of the episode.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 06-04-2013, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
SanSan? That's shipping Sansa with... who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox View Post
Oh god, everybody is talking about that last episode. Sometimes you start thinking that George R. R. Martin isn't that serious about wanting his fantasy series to be as far from cliche as possible... and then episodes like this remind you that yes, he is.

SanSan probably refers to Sansa and Sandor Clegane. And while we're talking about relationships, it appears that my favorite couple became separated in the last episode. </3 I actually found that part a lot harder to take than the final scene of the episode.

Yes, Vox has it! Sansa and Sandor - Aka the Hound.

Also - Vox, that ship is quite tragic! [I wont let it sink! I wont!] I wonder how much more of it they're going to show in the series - I hope they add a bit more than what's in the books at this point.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 AM

Ah, well I don't know who you're talking about but I don't want to ask since I don't want it spoiled.

Ah! Never would have guessed that's what SanSan meant since I always remember him as "The Hound". It's harder to learn the real names of characters, especially the spelling, when you're only watching the show. I still can't spell Daenerys without looking it up. I have to admit, The Hound is an interesting character. Sansa, in the TV show at least, is lacking in personality, so I hope she matures more in the show.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM

Yeah I will put up that there will be spoilers in the thread, I just didn't think this thread would be so popular. It looks like I have alot to look forward to.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 06-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Augh, that's like a dagger in my chest.

Granted, you don't get all her inner monologue in the show - and they change some key points of her character development... Show Sansa at the moment seems to be close to where she was in book one as far as development..but that should be all changing shortly (Hopefully, most of the fandom seems to hate her - so HBO might keep using her as a sort of scapegoat.)

Personally, as far as the series go - I think she's up there as one of the strongest characters, she just doesn't wield a sword to do so. :P

Vox
*^_^*

Old 06-04-2013, 05:01 PM

Haha I mostly remember characters' real names from playing the Game of Thrones board game. xD Also because my partner is reading the series and occasionally reminds me. There are a lot of people to remember. o_o

Yeah, I don't know... I want to believe they'll be reunited at some point, but like most people, I am feeling pretty cynical about the series at the moment. George R. R. Martin seems to derive pleasure from giving the reader nice things, letting them grow attached, and then abruptly taking them away. What fun would it be if he gave them back? Don't get me wrong - I love that about Game of Thrones. I just need to take care not to expect good things to happen because they rarely will.

And yeah, I'm trying not to spoil things because I hate it when things get spoiled for me. ><

I didn't Sansa much at the beginning. She was probably the most naive of the Starks (which is saying something!) and she acted like a spoiled little brat. The first few bad things that happen to her, you think maybe she was asking for it, but bad things just keep happening and there comes a point where you can't help but feel very sorry for her. I agree that physical strength is not the only valuable kind of strength, and Sansa's definitely strong in that she is getting some of the worst psychological treatment out of anyone in the series and has managed not to go mad, so I can't argue with you there.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-04-2013, 11:48 PM

Yeah I haven't had seen to much on Sansa, I really liked the younger sister better. She was alot better behaved than Sansa.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 06-05-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyOtaku97 View Post
Yeah I haven't had seen to much on Sansa, I really liked the younger sister better. She was a lot better behaved than Sansa.
...Better behaved? Sansa is like... the epitome of well-behaved. xD

Arya is a little shit disturber. (In the best way of course, Love Arry!)

I think one of my biggest peeves about the fandom is people comparing the two. But, since they're sisters it's bound to happen.

Arya wouldn't last a minute in Sansa's place, and Sansa probably wouldn't last in Arya's. Comes back to the different kinds of strength. I much prefer Sansa though - Arya is too vengeful for me to really enjoy her character on anything but a superficial 'Ahh! You're so badass level!"

Vox
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2013, 06:08 PM

Haha I freaking love Arya. She is so creepy and horrifying in the best way possible. xD

In the beginning of the series, Arya is comparing herself to Sansa, so it's kind of natural for the reader to compare them, isn't it? By now, of course, there isn't really much to compare though.

I think Arya would "last" in Sansa's position just fine. But she definitely wouldn't be doing what Sansa is doing, if that's what you mean. Sansa is really good at sitting there and just taking it. Arya would not be able to. She would be fighting back and actively trying to escape.

And I can't even picture Sansa in Arya's position. That makes no sense. I'm pretty sure Sansa would never last on her own.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-06-2013, 02:08 AM

Yeah I mean I'm at the point were Arya is traveling with the men to the nights watch and there is no way Sansa would tolerate the men she's traveling with, but Sansa does have to put up with Geoffrey crap as well which Arya would not tolerate. They are sisters just completely opposite. I do like both sister, but I feel so bad for Sansa being trapped in King's Landing.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 06-06-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox View Post
Haha I freaking love Arya. She is so creepy and horrifying in the best way possible. xD

In the beginning of the series, Arya is comparing herself to Sansa, so it's kind of natural for the reader to compare them, isn't it? By now, of course, there isn't really much to compare though.

I think Arya would "last" in Sansa's position just fine. But she definitely wouldn't be doing what Sansa is doing, if that's what you mean. Sansa is really good at sitting there and just taking it. Arya would not be able to. She would be fighting back and actively trying to escape.

And I can't even picture Sansa in Arya's position. That makes no sense. I'm pretty sure Sansa would never last on her own.
I disagree, Arya wouldn't last a second.

If Arya was in Sansa's position she would probably have her head on a spike by now because she would lash out and not take the shit being handed to her. It's Sansa's ability to take it that is letting her survive. The moment she acts out she'd just be done.

She is literally surrounded by enemies where the wrong phrasing of things gets her a smack in the face, or a punch in the gut - Arya is not eloquent at all, and has zero court etiquette. She wouldn't have wrote the letter, and would most defiantly be dead or in a dungeon.

The one comparable note that I love of both the sisters though is their ability to take on a new identity. They do so in very different ways of course, and for different reasons - but it seems to be a theme throughout the story - indentity changes that is. You see it with Sansa, Theon, Jenne, and Arya alike.