Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-17-2015, 01:32 AM

Arthur couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't be alright for Francis to accompany him. He did deserve to hear everything, after all. He took a quick shower and dressed, going to find the other after. "You ready to go?" He asking, as right day as he himself would ever be in this situation.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-17-2015, 01:38 AM

Francis nodded and ran a hand through his hair one more time before he walked toward the front door to get his shoes. "So what's your brother like? Did you tell him much about me?" he asked as he led the way outside. The sunshine felt too bright and he just stood there for a second, shielding his eyes.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-17-2015, 01:58 AM

Arthur was silent for a moment, thinking. What was Alistair like? "He's alright... I suppose." he eventually said, deciding to just be neutral about what was said. "There wasn't much to tell about you when I spoke to him. I didn't really know you much then. Or now really." He added, leading the way to his car and getting in.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-17-2015, 03:19 AM

Francis got into the passenger side as he pondered that. It was true that it hadn't been many days yet and they didn't know each other that well. It felt like they did though and that counted for something right? He sighed and stared out the window the entire drive, not having anything to say.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-17-2015, 03:30 AM

Arthur was silent as well as he drove to Alistair's house. His mind was on what was to come and how he would react to it. With is thought so distracted, he was slightly surprised to see they arrived without an accident. Not that he doubted his driving skills. Upon arriving, he parked and exited the vehicle, going up to the door and knocking lightly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-17-2015, 05:42 PM

Francis followed Arthur to the door, trying not to be nervous. Alistair had been waiting, his eye on the window so just as Arthur knocked, he was already swinging the door open. "You're hear!" he exclaimed as he motioned for his brother to enter. Only then did he notice the blonde man at Arthur's side. So he brought the spell with him? Oh well, it couldn't be helped even if his presence almost ruined Alistair's serious mood.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-17-2015, 07:22 PM

Arthur moved past Alistair into the house, stopping just inside and turning to face his brother. "So. I have a few questions about the spell. But first, I would like to know what you found out about it." he said. While he wanted to know the truth, he wanted to put off asking as long as he could.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-17-2015, 08:39 PM

"Sure. I was going to show you the books I found," Alistair said as he headed down into his basement where all of his magic stuff was set up. He glanced back at Francis before he shrugged. "I guess he can come too."

"I have a name you know..." Francis muttered as they went down the wooden steps. Alistair didn't actually ask for his name, so he just did so without being prompted. "It's Francis okay."

Alistair just hummed and flipped on the basement lights before he led the way to a wall of bookshelves. Three books had been set aside on a small reading table. "Here we are."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-17-2015, 09:13 PM

Arthur nodded slightly and followed Alistair down to the basement. He immediately went over to the books and picked up the first one, instantly beginning to flip through it. He was excited to be reading about magic. It was always an interesting experience. He hoped the books would have the answers to his questions so he wouldn't have to actually ask them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-17-2015, 09:52 PM

Francis stood by the wall and just watched them. He didn't have much to say. Alistair sat and picked up one of the other books. "The spell itself is here in an older edition. There's a few more notes on it. Apparently you can pick gender, but if you don't, the spell just picks for you. So you might have just done the wrong version. Which ingredients did you use?" he asked, all of his attention of Arthur.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-18-2015, 06:54 PM

"Uhh..." Arthur thought hard back to the other day when he cast the spell. He focused specifically on what he had put in the cauldron. "There was one eye of newt, three porcupine quills, a dash of blood, dandelion root, and a teaspoon of honeywater." He eventually said. He was pretty sure that was everything the book had said he needed to use.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-23-2015, 03:53 AM

Alistair read over the spell recipe as Arthur listed off his ingredients. His eyebrows knitted together and he read over the list again. "Are you sure it was honeywater and lot salt?" he asked. "This isn't like the time you forgot to check and used flour instead of powdered sugar is it?" That had been cooking, but it amounted to the same thing. If what Arthur said was true though, he didn't mess up the spell or use the wrong version. The spell just decided on its own that Arthur needed a man. How utterly strange.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-23-2015, 04:10 AM

"That only happened once!" Arthur exclaimed, blushing lightly. Alistair was never going to let that go, now was he? "I'm completely positive I used the right ingredients. I tripled checked everything thoroughly before even attempting the spell." Though there was only a tiny part of his mind that disagreed with that and said he messed up somewhere. How else was he supposed to explain Francis?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-23-2015, 04:28 AM

Alistair rolled his eyes. He figured he could come up with more instances of Arthur mixing up ingredients, but at the moment, only that example came to mind. Not that he overly minded his brother's cooking. They'd been cut from the same stock after all and Alistair's was only the less burnt version of Arthur's. After a second, he managed to put his face into a serious expression. Very solemn, he laid one hand on his brother's shoulder. "I'm sorry, lil bro. You just might have to accept that you're gay." His lips twitched. Oh god, he wanted to laugh so bad. He kept it together though. "I am so sorry."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-23-2015, 04:39 AM

"Don't you fucking dare laugh." Arthur responded, glaring slightly at his brother. He could tell Alistair wanted to laugh at him. Though he was glad that he didn't. He'd probably punch him. At what was said, his mind went back to the one and only time he had ever dated a man. The whole experience had been so awful that he had sworn off men for life. From then on, he had only dated women. "I am not gay. If anything, I'm bi." he responded. It was the only thing he could think of to say.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-23-2015, 06:02 PM

Alistair stared at his brother when he admitted such things with that kind of ease. "Wait, just like that? You're bi? Since when!?" he exclaimed. No one ever told him about Arthur's one attempt to date a guy so he couldn't help but be surprised. "Man, no wonder your spell came out like that." He glanced over at Francis who watched everything with a half interested, half bored expression. They'd been doing a good job of pretending he wasn't there and it wounded him a bit. This did explain a lot of Arthur's initial reaction to him though.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-23-2015, 06:07 PM

"Since high school. But that isn't important right now." Arthur said. "I've always leaned more towards girls though." Especially since 'the incident'. "That doesn't explain why the spell came out like this. And speaking of the spell, I do have one question about it that wasn't explained in my book. Does it create someone out of nothing, or take them from somewhere else in the world?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-23-2015, 11:33 PM

Even if Arthur said he leaned more toward girl's, the spell seemed to be say something different. Alistair opened his mouth, ready to point that out, then gave up. He could discuss his brother's sexuality at another date, possibly when their other brothers were around so he didn't have to repeat this stuff to them. He scratched his head, musing up his red hair. "That's an odd question. Where did you come up with that?" He shifted his attention to another book, not sure he had the answer to it right then. Honestly he called because he found something else worth sharing.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-23-2015, 11:46 PM

"It just sort of came up last night during dinner." Arthur said. He was hoping that one of Alistair's books would be able to answer the question. That's really the only thing he needed to know for whether or not he'd want to send Francis away. His gaze dropped to the book he was still holding that he had been going through. Maybe the answer was in here?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2015, 01:45 AM

"I'll check just to make sure. In the meantime, would you like some tea?" Alistair asked with an abrupt change of topic. Without waiting for an answer, he nodded his head. "Perfect, me too. Frenchie, will you go make us some tea?" He turned to Francis, eyes narrowed like he didn't really ask a question. Honestly though, Francis was more than grateful for a reason to leave.

"Sure. I'll be back in a minute," Francis muttered before he headed for the stairs.

Alistair turned back to Arthur. "I think it'll be easier on him if he doesn't hear all the stuff I found." Even Frenchmen summoned by spells deserved that decency.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-24-2015, 02:03 AM

Arthur certainly wasn't going to turn down a cup of tea. Though he felt Alistair was being rude by demanding Francis to go do it. And that is what he had done, despite phrasing it like a question. He watched the other go before turning his attention to his brother at his words. "What did you find out?" he asked. What could be so awful that it would be best if Francis didn't hear it? He wasn't sure if wanted to hear it if it was that bad.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2015, 03:09 AM

Once they were alone again, Alistair let out a sigh. "I lost sleep over this, or a little at least. Honestly, what you were saying about the spell displacing a person might make a lot of sense though. See here, I found a diary of some way distant ancestor who used this spell," he explained. He pushed an old, leather-bound book across the table, the yellowed pages open toward the end. "It's very simple to retract the spell, but what's been materialized so easily is not torn apart so simple." He shook his head. "Or to say...the act of dematerializing looks excruciatingly painful. If you want to do this, It'd be best if he didn't know in advance."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-24-2015, 03:18 AM

Arthur took the book Alistair passed over to him and looked it over. He couldn't suppress a grimace at the thought of dematerializing. He certainly didn't want to do that to Francis. Not if the picture was anything to go by. The man didn't deserve that, after all. "The process seems a bit cruel..." he said. If Francis had been displaced, wouldn't it be easier to just get him a plane ticket to where he needed to go? It would certainly be less painful for him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2015, 03:26 AM

"It does," Alistair admitted. "But we both know magic isn't always fair or kind. The rules that govern its physics works on its own system of fair." He leaned back in his chair and sighed again. "Anyway, I saw more than one account of pain being involved, so it's probably true. This ancestor though...he writes for multiple entries about how guilty he felt after. Then, after two weeks, he saw the woman he summoned again. When he called her name though, she had no memory of him, no feelings at all. It was like meeting an entirely different person? So was it the same woman or was he just so guilt-ridden that he found her face in other's?" Even he could not answer that.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-24-2015, 03:34 AM

Arthur was silent for a while, thinking. He didn't think he'd be able to live with the guilt of causing that much pain to someone; to get rid of them like that. Sure, Francis hadn't been what he had been expecting. But he was here now, and he couldn't just do that to him. "I can't reverse the spell... I can't do that to him..." he eventually said.