Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-20-2019, 03:02 AM

They had *some* lolita programming in the past. I'm friends with a lot of people in the DC/Baltimore lolita community, so I've heard a lot about the struggles they've had with it. Mainly, they had fashion shows, but most of the programming came from people submitting panels and then hosting our own swap meets. Of course those were always on the DL and we were just pretending to hang out with dresses and trade, and then secretly just send money via paypal. :p And then for a number of years, people would organize a fancy tea party in a nearby hotel. It wasn't run or organized by Otakon, but it was something the community in general wanted to do since there were so many of us there at one time for the con.

Kinda sucks that they had to put it on hold again. They don't really seem to take that area of programming seriously, and well honestly, they aren't obligated to. It's an anime con. But it just feels shitty when they do have something up and then "well nope sorry it's cancelled"

But then much smaller cons can have full j-fashion tracks in their programming. Even at the con I staff, I single-handedly handle most of the lolita programming except for panels that aren't mine. IDK.

That said, I'll probably just wear the fashion rather than cosplay. I got back into cosplay for a little bit, but all my cosplays right now are dudes in tight pants and I'm not down with wearing a full binder and tight pants all day in the heat. But somehow a frilly dress with lots of layers is ok? IDK. logic what is it. XD

...As a completely different sidenote, the active user list has dipped under 160. There's now .14% of all users still active here. I know this number goes up and down and some might be mules (with no events, no sense in getting on your mule I guess?) :(

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 06-20-2019 at 03:12 AM..

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 06-22-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion Uzuki View Post
They had *some* lolita programming in the past. I'm friends with a lot of people in the DC/Baltimore lolita community, so I've heard a lot about the struggles they've had with it. Mainly, they had fashion shows, but most of the programming came from people submitting panels and then hosting our own swap meets. Of course those were always on the DL and we were just pretending to hang out with dresses and trade, and then secretly just send money via paypal. :p And then for a number of years, people would organize a fancy tea party in a nearby hotel. It wasn't run or organized by Otakon, but it was something the community in general wanted to do since there were so many of us there at one time for the con.

Kinda sucks that they had to put it on hold again. They don't really seem to take that area of programming seriously, and well honestly, they aren't obligated to. It's an anime con. But it just feels shitty when they do have something up and then "well nope sorry it's cancelled"

But then much smaller cons can have full j-fashion tracks in their programming. Even at the con I staff, I single-handedly handle most of the lolita programming except for panels that aren't mine. IDK.

That said, I'll probably just wear the fashion rather than cosplay. I got back into cosplay for a little bit, but all my cosplays right now are dudes in tight pants and I'm not down with wearing a full binder and tight pants all day in the heat. But somehow a frilly dress with lots of layers is ok? IDK. logic what is it. XD

...As a completely different sidenote, the active user list has dipped under 160. There's now .14% of all users still active here. I know this number goes up and down and some might be mules (with no events, no sense in getting on your mule I guess?) :(
Yeah, it kinda sucks that Ota's kinda dropped the ball on lolita/j-fashion programming this year -- but some cons are picking up the slack *coughNekoconcough*

And at least you're not thinking of wearing a kigurumi as cosplay. But it'll be neat if I find a Hululu cosplayer as Grape-kun, lol.

I wish I could dedicate more time to Mene, but I have so many other things to do right now... *farms more lightning shards in FF XIV*

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-27-2019, 04:24 AM

Aaah a Kigu would be miserable holy crap. lol. I will wear them at night sometimes at cons or Sundays when I'm doing artist alley and just done and don't feel like putting on lolita or a cosplay. :B

I check every few days but go around to various different sites.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-10-2019, 01:34 AM

Bumping up my old thread!

I've been pretty busy lately. I've been logging in but not posting too much. ;A;

How has everyone been? I know it's been slow here. Is there anywhere else where people are hanging out?

I recently have been moving all of my websites over to cloud hosting! I've never set up a web server before, and I've had to do that with this. It's hosted by a company, but you are pretty much in charge of your server environment, what OS it will use, how things are installed, and you can scale up or down based on activity levels. So it's a good sandbox for me to play in. I'm finally getting the last of my sites moved over. Avariciarpg was completed today, and I'm moving over Avalyss today and tomorrow. After that, I think I just have a few small personal sites and then I want to set up some online shops and a blog of sorts for j-fashion.

I've had my websites scattered over several different hosting companies for a long time, so it's really nice to have it all in one place again.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-16-2019, 12:15 AM

congratulations on getting them all moved!
what is your site's name again?

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-17-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

congratulations on getting them all moved!
what is your site's name again?
I have a bunch!

Avalyss Is my WIP avatar community but it will also be a browser-based rpg game as the primary focus. (Having elements like dress up forums but will be very story heavy and world-exploration based)

Avaricia was my old avatar site, but I'm keeping it around until Avalyss is ready to open. But the programming that runs the avatar system is what Avalyss will be using, but I'm changing how things function a great deal since we're starting fresh. :3

Quicksilver is my old video game character shrine and fanlisting collective. So there's a lot of those kinds of sites there.

And I have some others that I need to make things for:
- Mintness.org: probably something j-fashion related
- Tehrinny.com: Going to be an art and design portfolio
- alpaca-snack.com: Going to be my new shop for art and accessories.
- december-rain.org: It's a blog right now that I never update, but I've had this domain name since 2002 and I'm not getting rid of it. I just need to figure out what I want to do with it. It was a personal site, then housed all the sites now at Quicksilver. So Idk.