Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:55 PM

Raman hovered where he was bid to stay, his face drawn in thought. Finally, he spoke up.

"My Lieges, I do not remember any suspicious activity when I first entered the castle. But that may be because I was late and in a hurry, and did not yet know of the danger Lady Dawn had been in."

Pausing, he looked over at Dawn, a barely perceptible forgiving smile on his face. Then he frowned again as he heard the crowd around them murmuring quietly.

"A fairy..."

"The goblins have never been on wonderful terms with that sort..."

"Aren't they the pests you see around gardens?"

"They don't look powerful, but they might have done something like this out of spite..."

Though he tried to ignore the voices, it was clear that Raman heard.

"It WOULD be a fairy you all are suspicious of, of course. Wouldn't that be the perfect cover, and the perfect irony: a garden pest turned assassin?"

"Ah, Lady Philoma, you are feeling well again?"

"I heard you were indisposed. I'm glad it was not that serious."

Jareth straightened as he heard the well-intentioned words. Leaning over to the nearest guard, he murmured something that only the royals near him could hear:

"Go apprehend that woman. We will question her in a different room; the small sitting room at the East end of the ballroom."

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 05-18-2013 at 01:14 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-18-2013, 12:40 AM

The guards were soon on their way to Lady Philoma's side after a small, hardly noticeable nod from Hathion.

With a curt bow, the Captain of the Royal Guard approached Lady Philoma with a stern frown on his face. "Lady Philoma, it is the Royal Courts' request that you accompany me into this side room," said Captain Jakarth as he gestured towards a dark oak door no more than ten feet away. "Their majesties would like to have a private audience with her ladyship."

As the Captain addressed the Lady Philoma, Aliye and Twidlerie were whispering amongst themselves.

"..do you.."

"..maybe she.."

"..could it be.."

"..didn't she.."

Hearing bits of the conversation, Hathion looked at the twins sternly as he quietly asked, "Would you care to involve the rest of the Royal Court in your discussion, Princess Aliye, Prince Twidlerie?"

Aliye and Twidlerie both stopped talking at once, leaned over in their chairs, and peered around their parents at Hathion with a big grin.

"If we involved the whole court..." began Aliye in a delicate whisper, so that no one outside of their family could hear.

"How would our conversation remain private?" finished Twidlerie in the same quiet tone.

"We just remembered some very... incriminating details..."

"About a certain noble's daughter... and her love for our dear brother."

"An advantageous match was surely in the working..."

"Had it not been for our beloved sister Dawn. Who would have the most concern.."

"For whether she lived or died? Intriguing, isn't it?"

"A family we have not seen in decades, turning up out of the blue..."

"With a scorned daughter in tow? Isn't it curious..."

"That this happens not long after they arrive in our ballroom?"

"Arriving conveniently just in time to be inside the doors.."

"But with plenty of time to have set a trap? That beam looks familiar...."

"Like a crystal that traps memories. Wouldn't it be convenient for Dawn to forget everything..."

"And Jareth fall into a despair, with someone close to him to comfort him in his time of tragedy?"

When the twins were finished, they grinned at Hathion and their brother Jareth, knowing that each of them would know whom exactly they were talking about.

Dawn looked at Jareth, completely flabbergasted with the twins eery tale. Was the Lady Philoma involved? Did this mean she was not involved? Who was this old love of Jareth's, a love that was so strong it was hinted at an attachment? What exactly was Dawn missing in this strange, strange situation?

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-18-2013 at 01:00 AM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-18-2013, 03:09 AM

"Excuse me, where are you taking my daughter?"

An older man wearing an elaborate dark green jacket spoke up, his brow creased with worry.

"I am afraid that, while you daughter was resting in an alcove during the attack, she is still a suspect, Lord Propar," Jareth told him in a respectful tone. While it might have had a hint of haughtiness added to it before, now he was just a Lord like the other man, not Goblin King, and had to address him as such.

"But she took ill so suddenly earlier in the evening, soon after we arrived! She should be resting, not undergoing interro--"

"Father," came a sudden, lilting voice. "It's all right."

"Philoma, darling?"

The lovely woman turned to the royals and curtsied, perhaps not as deeply as she could have, as she was still a bit unsteady on her feet. "Forgive my father, Your Majesties, he's just worried about my health... But I agree that getting to the bottom of this matter is of the utmost importance... for everyone's sake."

Her eyes glanced at Jareth briefly, then demurely turned away. Turning to the guard at her side, she nodded, and allowed him to lead her away.

Emilie caught a glimpse of Lady Philoma's sister standing nearby, looking torn. She thought she could understand; Philoma still looked pale, and her sister must be wanting to be with her, but could not because of the interrogation that was soon to occur.

Sighing so slightly that only those nearest to her could tell, the Goblin Queen rose from her seat and, accompanied by two bodyguards, made her way to the room along with the other royals.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-18-2013, 03:26 AM

"Lady Philoma," spoke Hathion gently as he addressed the young lady, "Forgive us, but given our circumstances, we much ask everyone for their utmost cooperation in the matter at hand. With your history with Lord Jareth, there is no reason to beat around the bush as to the reason behind this private interrogation. We simply would like to get to the bottom of this attempt on Lady Dawn's life."

"History?" Dawn asked quietly as she looked at Jareth.

"Lady Philoma, the Lord Jareth courted you for roughly a decade, did he not? And this courtship was leading up to an advantageous marriage on your family's part, yes? However, this courtship came to a halt around the time in which Jareth discovered the Lady Dawn in the moral realm. This must have left you and your family with ill feelings towards the child Dawn," continued Hathion with the most respectful tone one could ask for from the newly appointed Goblin King.

Dawn stared in disbelief at Hathion as he spoke. Keeping her composure, Dawn clasped her hands upon her lap, squeezing them tightly as she held back the questions that filled her head.

Who was this woman?

Was she and Jareth in love? After all, they courted for nearly 10 years. There must have been a deep connection between the two..

Was it true what Hathion said, was she the reason behind Jareth calling the relationship off?

That poor girl... She must have felt so rejected, being pushed aside and replaced by a mere child in the mortal realm..

Dawn couldn't find it in her heart to despise the woman, but more felt pity for her and her situation. She wondered if the feelings were still there between them, if that is why a private audience was requested and the interrogation happened away from prying eyes. It was at that moment that Dawn's stomach began to feel queasy. It wasn't that she believed that Jareth would leave her for Philoma. No... It was that she felt guilty for breaking the two apart, when there was such a strong connection between them. With so many thoughts running through her head, Dawn was startled back to the present as Philoma began to speak.

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-19-2013, 09:34 AM

"I too wish to know who attacked the Lady Dawn and why," Philoma said, her voice clear and steady even as her eyes started to show faint signs of exhaustion. Still, she sat upright and regal as befitted her status and the situation; privately, Emilie admired her for that, though the Goblin Queen kept her expression impartial.

"It is as you say, King Hathion," Philoma continued, lowering her eyes to the floor for a moment before raising them back up to meet Hathion's once more. "Jareth and I were courting for a little over ten years, as the custom in my land is to court for ten years before a marriage is arranged. Any shorter would be considered hasty, unwise.

"It's true that our courtship ended shortly before the Lady Dawn came to the realm of the Labyrinth, but that was a mutual agreement between Lord Jareth and myself. We parted on amicable terms, and agreed to keep the friendship between both our kingdoms and ourselves intact.

"Actually, it was I who wanted to end our romantic relationship." She glanced over at Jareth, as if for confirmation, and he nodded at her, smiling slightly. Taking a breath, Philoma went on, "I noticed that in the last five years of our courtship, he had become distant, distracted. I could tell that he had something on his mind, and that something was neither myself or matters concerning his kingdom. So I asked him... and he confessed that he had taken to looking upon the human realm, and one girl's heart, shining brightly with a wish and love for her family, had captured his attention and his devotion.

"Truth be told... I was somewhat relieved to hear about it. I had noticed my own feelings towards Jareth not advancing towards considering him as any more than a wonderful friend and companion. I just... had not known how to approach him about it until he told me about Lady Dawn. I fear I was terribly unfair to him by not telling him sooner, but after hearing about her of course I couldn't keep him bound in courtship with me.

"I still consider Jareth a great friend," she continued, her voice deepening slightly with emotion. "Though we agreed that we did not love each other enough after all to consider marriage, I am so happy that he found someone else whom he could share his life with in love."

Philoma stopped speaking to smile at Dawn, before wiping away a tear from a corner of her eye.

"I'm sorry, I know this emotional state of mine is unbecoming of the situation--"

Personally, Emilie thought she was exercising remarkable self-control.

"--but I truly would not want to hurt Jareth or anyone he loved. How could I ruin his happiness like that? It is... unthinkable. Even now, he's one of the few that I trust the most."

Her voice trailed off in a murmur, clearly done speaking for the moment. Emilie and Jareth exchanged glances.

"What think you, My Lord Hathion?" Emilie asked after a brief pause.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Dawn let out a quiet sigh of relief. So it had been mutual. She did not love him after all!

Although she did feel the young woman's pain, Dawn couldn't help but feel a sense of relief over Lady Philoma's words. To hear that she was not so much in love with Jareth as she had thought, to know that she wasn't entirely the cause of their detachment, but merely the catalyst for them expressing it openly, caused great excitement in Dawn's heart.

Looking up at Jareth with a tender smile, although his face was turned away from her towards Emilie, Dawn couldn't help but wonder how he had come to notice her, and how she could possibly be so lucky as to have caught his eye.

"I believe the young woman is telling the truth, my darling Queen. But I must inquire, Lady Philoma," Hathion, the interim Goblin King, continued gently, "Does anyone else, aside from those of us in this room, know the full disclosure of the situation surrounding the end of your relationship with the Goblin King? Is there anyone you could think of, who could have misunderstood the situation, or not have known the full extent of your feelings about it. Perhaps felt slighted by Jareth, or wounded that the relationship was called off. Someone with the means necessary to create such an attack on the Lady Dawn."

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-03-2013, 06:17 AM

Philoma was quiet, obviously thinking hard, her head bowed slightly to gaze at the hands folded in her lap. Finally, she looked up, her expression pained.

"My... father," she admitted quietly. "When I told him about ending the courtship, even though I tried to convince him it was amicable on both sides... He was furious." Her voice grew even softer. "He didn't believe me when I said I still considered Lord Jareth a friend. He felt I must have been... threatened somehow into saying such a thing."

"My father is quick to jump to conclusions sometimes, especially when it comes to those he loves. I can't believe that my father would do such a thing, though." Philoma looked around at the gathered persons. "He would never stoop to murder."

Her eyes were pleading, trying to be convincing... though privately, Emilie did not know if it was to convince them or herself.

Jareth looked over at the young woman he cared for like a niece, his eyebrow raised almost imperceptibly in a questioning manner. She nodded and looked over at Hathion.

"Well then, I believe we have someone else to question... Thank you, Lady Philoma," she added, turning to the lady who was sitting before her. "You may rest in the small room next to this one, for it seems that the questioning has been hard on you. We won't be able to accommodate you as we would like until this whole... incident is resolved, but please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything, regardless."

Philoma nodded regally; it was apparent to all who were present as to why she did not stand and curtsy. If she had, she would have been in danger of collapsing. "I thank you, Queen Emilie. I will accept your generosity and rest here then, if I may."

Helped by a guard, she slowly, but ever lady-like, made her way through a small, unremarkable door, which the guard shut behind them. Obviously, as she was still a suspect, at least on the surface, they could not leave her completely unattended.

"Bring in Lord Propar," Emilie said to the guards next to the door. They nodded and left, returning soon after with Philoma's father.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded. "Where is my daughter? Where have you taken her?"

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 06-04-2013 at 06:17 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 PM

"She is safe, Lord Propar," Hathion assured the worried father as he approached him, "She is resting in a nearby room, the questioning exhausted her. However, her words were enlightening."

"Lord Propar, were you aware of the circumstances of the mutual ending of the engagement between your daughter and King Jareth?" Hathion inquired as he paced back and forth in front of the man, his hands clasped behind his back. Not giving him a chance to respond, Hathion continued with an inquisitive brow, "Of course you were. You are Lady Philoma's father, after all. So of course you knew how your daughter had fallen out of love with King Jareth years before they had agreed to remain simply friends, and not advance towards the sanctity of marriage. That King Jareth only advanced upon his inclinations for Lady Dawn long after he and Philoma had broken off their union. That there was no fowl play on either part, and both were very happy with their new-found friendship that had become stronger than before."

"Therefore, it should come as a shock when I tell you of Lady Philoma's confession," Hathion added as he paused his pacing and stood before Lord Propar, his stature looming over the man as a King's should. "She feels that you have misunderstood her inclinations towards the Labyrinth King, and misunderstood their parting. Could she be mistaken? Or have our suspicions been confirmed by the look on your face."

"If you confess now to the Lady Dawn, your punishment will be less severe," Hathion added gently.

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 AM

Lord Propar stood there, his face working furiously. Finally, he bowed his head, shoulders shaking.

"Lord Jareth, my daughter loved you so much... and yet you threw her away for another woman! A human woman, no less! What was wrong with my daughter, that you would stoop to such a thing?" He looked up, his face drawn in fury.

"You stole from my daughter yourself, the man she loved. Why then should I not avenge her by stealing the one you love now? A fitting punishment! Death would be too good for you... but living life tortured by the knowledge of what you did and what you could never have again?"

Emilie's face paled. Raman stared, and Jareth's own face grew stormy.

"Do you listen to your daughter whom you claim to love, actually listen?" He asked. "Or are you blinded by your so-called sense of parental duty? Your daughter is a wise and compassionate woman; she knows her own mind, and so should you know hers if your affection for her runs as deep as you say! I know we have never been on the best of terms, Lord Propar... your daughter and yourself are too different for that. She is gentle in her humble nature, but you have never been able to understand that, you with your overblown pride!"

"No! You are the one who can't understand!" Propar finally exploded, his face terrible in its rage. "My daughter is weak! She always has been, always been sickly! Who would want her for a wife when she can barely recover from one illness before another takes her? You tossed her aside like trash! You doomed her! Who would want her after seeing her shamed in that way! You... Yes, death would be too good for you.... So...!"

Before anyone could react, Propar had moved in a flash, wrapped an arm around Dawn's neck, and was squeezing hard while he stared around wildly.

"Let us go! Me and my daughters. Or else this human woman dies, and you'll have that on your hands, as well!"

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 06-19-2013 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: More dramaaaa!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-19-2013, 05:45 AM

Aliye and Twidlerie stood from their seats with a flash as they gasped in unison, "Dawn!"

In moments, the guards were in position, ready to attack and protect the Lady Dawn given Hathion's command.

Dawn pulled at the arm choking her neck as she struggled to whisper, "Please... ungh.. Don't.. do this.."

Hathion paled slightly as he clasped his hands together at the base of his back. This was his Kingdom at present, and he was it's King. It was not up to their High Majesties to handle the situation; it fell on the shoulders of Hathion, and Hathion alone. Motioning for the guards to hold their positions for the time being, Hathion prepared himself to speak with the clearing of his throat.

"My Lord Propar, your hostility and impulsiveness has gotten you into quite a bit of trouble already. This is the second threat on the Lady Dawn's life. Have you not sense enough to understand the situation at hand? Have you not heard the suitors asking as to where your eldest daughter was? Do you have such a small opinion of her as to think her weak, and not marriage material? Lord Porpar, you have been very mistaken about your daughter," Hathion continued as he slowly approached Lord Propar, "Your daughter has a strong heart and is strong willed. No one belittles her or pities her for her health as you have just done. No one standing in this Kingdom at this very moment has ever thought less of your daughter, nor ever shall, despite the scorn you have just thrust upon her. How do you think her life will be now, once your lands are taken from you, you are stripped of your title, and you are cast into an oubliette for the next one hundred years, or perhaps even two hundred years. Do you think she will be more sought after, or less?"

"No, Lord Propar, you have only thought of yourself, your own vanity, and your own misfortune at the loss of gaining a King for a son-in-law. Thankfully, your daughters are not as pompous as you are, and do not care as much about obtaining the highest title they can for lowly reasons such as yourself. And luckily, your daughters will bounce back from this. But you, Lord Propar, you never shall. This will haunt you to your grave; not only what you have done to this family, but for what you have done to your daughters and the fate they are now to have due to your treachery. Now, let go of the Lady Dawn. Continuing this will only add to your sentence," Hathion finished as he held out his hand for Dawn, having stopped walking no more than a few feet away from where she and Lord Propar were standing.

As Hathion spoke, Dawn could feel the pressure on her neck tighten, the grip worsening the more Hathion spoke and the more he upset Lord Propar. Beginning to feel faint, Dawn tugged at arm that held her neck. She was a factory girl, growing up in the poorest part of town, struggling to work from a young age. She was stronger than this, wasn't she? Was this truly how her life would end? In a room filled with her loved ones, strangled by an obvious mad-man from another realm? No.. Not this.. Not now, not this way. Dawn refused to believe that everything she had fought for was for nothing, that she would lose Jareth forever because of a Fae lunatic. This wasn't how it was supposed to end. She and Jareth were supposed to survive this wondrous Ball, marry, and have little ones running around their feet and tugging at their hems. Who was this Fae to decide that he should be the one to take this life away from her? Hadn't the Labyrinth already tried this attempt and failed? What made him believe that he could succeed at what the Labyrinth could not?

The more these thoughts raced through Dawn's head, the angrier she got. No. It wouldn't end like this. She wouldn't give everything up, not when she just finally got it all back. Despite the flow of blood to her brain slowing, and her body feeling weak, Dawn mustered up all of her courage and strength and elbowed Lord Propar in the stomach before stomping on his right foot with her burgundy healed satin slippers.

'Maybe, just maybe.. it will be enough,' Dawn thought before fainting, not knowing whether she was free of the man's grasp, or if she has simply passed out from the strangling. Still, she had made her last attempt to get free, and that alone said volumes.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-19-2013 at 06:34 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM

"Stop it... stop it!" Propar yelled. Dark energy flared out from him in waves, striking out seemingly at random as the man lost control even further. Some of the guards were forced to shield themselves with Fae magic; others deflected or absorbed the wild energy with enchanted shields and weapons.

"How dare you lecture me on my children... Who knows what is best for them besides I, their father? I've raised them with my own two hands ever since their mother died... I have lived only for them. And now you tell me that I am ruining their futures?"

Then, he felt an elbow in the pit of his stomach.

"Ungh!" Lord Propar grunted in surprise, loosening his hold on Dawn. He looked at her as she fell, no longer held upright by his arm, horror making his features turn a waxy shade of ivory as he gazed upon her unconscious face.

He looked around the room, suddenly seeming to come to his senses, looking like a frightened child. Jareth, however, walked over to Dawn with a calmly stern face, gathering her prone form in his arms.

"Are you satisfied, Lord Propar?" He asked. "The harm you could have wrought upon my Dawn could have been far worse, yes... but who knows what your treatment of her thus has done?" His voice shook with carefully restrained rage.

"My children... I... just wanted Philoma especially to be secure and safe..." Propar seemed to not have even heard Jareth, as his eyes darted around the room, finally stopping at his hands raised up before him.

"Now I will have ruined them. No one will care for them as I have. A father's love is paramount! At least I can spare them the shame of me continuing to exist while their names are so tarnished..."

His features were set now, oddly serene given the situation.

"Tell my girls I love them."

He raised his hands above his head, and dark magic began to seep from them directly towards his body.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 AM

Hathion sighed as he sank into a nearby chair, rubbing his temples methodically as he closed his eyes. It was far too late for anything to be done; it had all happened so fast. Within moments Lord Propar was lost, and their beloved Dawn was unconscious, her circumstances unbeknownst to them all. Everything seemed to be going from bad to worse, and Hathion was clearly taking it the hardest of the entire room. After all, this was his Kingdom now, and already he has had two attempted murders, a death, and a Fae Court in a complete uproar.

He was losing control of the Kingdom quickly, and he was becoming more and more burdened by the weight of being King. As a temporary solution to a problem, his reign had already cost lives, and he couldn't bare it if Dawn were lost to them as well. After all, it would have happened under his rule, his guidance, his presence... and he could do nothing but stand there and watch as he tried to battle the Lord with common sense and reason, to which he miserably lost.

Unfortunately for Dawn, Lord Propar's anger hurt her quite considerably. Not only had she been strangled unconscious, but she was hit full blast by Lord Propar's emanating dark magic. To make matters worse, Dawn was a human. A simple human. No fae blood coursing through her veins. Humans were very susceptible to magic, especially that of the dark nature. Having been hit at such a close range with such an angry blast, it would be luck if Dawn came out of it unscathed, and this Hathion knew above all else.

"The Lady Dawn... What are we going to do when she wakes up and is not the same...." Hathion whispered.

"But Dawnie is a strong one.." said Aliye softly.

"She can't possibly fall prey to the magic, can she Father?" asked Twidlerie as he took Aliye's hand in his and looked over at King Oberon.

"She will be alright, won't she Mother? We can fix her if something should happen, can't we?" Aliye asked as she looked over at Queen Titania.

"I fear we should not get our hopes up, your majesties," Hathion said with a sigh before rubbing his eyes and looking over at Jareth, "I've seen this before, when a Fae visited the human world for a.. bit of fun on an Autumn night. And.. it did not end well for the human.."

Meanwhile, Dawn was having a battle within her own mind. A force was trying to take over and suppress Dawn's soul, and it was unclear who would succeed in the battle as her face twisted with pain and discomfort.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-28-2013, 01:55 AM

Oberon shook his head, his features grave as he walked over to where Jareth sat, cradling Dawn's unconscious form in his arms. With a look at Jareth, who nodded, he knelt and placed a hand over Dawn's closed eyes.

His own eyes seemed to lose focus for a moment, before he started and looked down at her once more. He did not look optimistic.

"This magic... Propar was a powerful Fae in his own right, and his magic ran wild in his last moments. Wild magic is one of the most dangerous forms, as you all know, being that it calls no Fae its master. Now... I'm afraid it has settled within Dawn's mind."

"You mean she's trapped in her own dreams... or nightmares." Jareth's face was now openly concerned as he gripped Dawn tighter in his arms.

High Queen Titania swept over, elegant and graceful even in her obvious concern for her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. "My magic was always more prone to healing and purifying... Emilie, darling." Now was not the time for formalities, not anymore. "Come here. Now that you are Queen of the Labyrinth and have been granted its Fae powers, it is time you learned this aspect of using them."

Emilie immediately rushed over, falling to her knees beside Dawn. She tried not to look at Propar's prone form... there was nothing they could do about it at the moment. Dawn's mind and life were their main concern.

"What do I need to do?" She demanded.

In answer, Titania took Emilie's hand, her eyes losing focus. Emilie could feel a sudden rush of power flow into her. And... something else.

Can you hear me? Good. It was the High Queen's voice. We will need to communicate like this from now on. Our physical bodies are no use in trying to regain Dawn's mind... Now that our own minds are linked, you will be able to follow me more easily. Do as I do.

Almost as if in a trance, Emilie and Titania simultaneously took each of Dawn's hands, squeezing them tight. Jareth looked down at his beloved's face.

"Dawn... it will be all right." He murmured softly, but it was not clear whether the words were meant for her or for himself.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-10-2014, 02:01 AM

Darkness.

Chills.

Emptiness.

It was as if Dawn’s light had been extinguished by a thick darkness that amplified around her, consuming her in a feeling she was very unfamiliar with. When Dawn opened her eyes, everything was dark. The only light that was illuminating was originated from her very own skin. Looking at her hands and gown, glowing before her, Dawn slowly sat up and looked around the dark space before her. A sharp chill ran down her spine, causing a natural reaction of her hands gripping her arms tightly as if to shield them from the cold around her. Yet no breeze came to accompany the chill. It was as if the air stood still, save for Dawn’s own breath.

DAWN. Dawn. dawn.

The words encircled her like a prayer being whispered on the wind.

DAWN. Dawn. dawn.

Looking around with a muddled expression across her face, Dawn called out softly, “Hello? Is anyone there? I cannot see you… Please come out.”

DAWN. Dawn. dawn.

Her name continued to swirl around her head in an endless chaotic whisper. Her hands immediately swung to her ears, trying to press out the noise. Looking left, looking right, Dawn couldn’t find the source of the voice. She tried running towards the voice, but it always seemed to be out of her reach. There was nothing but endless darkness surrounding her, no matter what direction she chose. Then suddenly, there was a figure.

Forgotten.

Never loved you.

Better off gone.

A lone figure shown in the darkness: it wasn’t bright like Dawn; it was simply slightly lighter than the pure darkness that encompassed her. Seeing the figure, Dawn called out, trying to block out the dark thoughts now surrounding her, “Hello? Please. Where are we? What are we doing here?”

Staring at the figure intently, Dawn tried to reach her, not noticing that her own glow was beginning to fade, while the figure before her began to grow.

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-14-2014, 03:10 PM

Emilie felt herself sinking into the depths of Dawn's mind. It was a strange, disconcerting feeling, like flying and descending at the same time.

Keep alert, came Titania's command. There is no telling what the wild magic has already done here... and will do in the future.

Emilie felt Titania's concentration strengthen, and tried to firm up her own, as well.

That was when she saw a figure below.

"Dawn!" She cried out, but her words came out silent, and the figure did not react. And now that she looked closer, there were... two figures.

Two forms that both looked exactly like Dawn.

One of the forms was shrouded in a veil of darkness, however, and was beckoning to the second figure, who emitted a gentle glow of light.

What is this? Why are there two Dawns? Emilie sent the thought to Titania, who replied:

It seems that the magic has not only infiltrated Dawn's mind, but the very core of her being: her conscience and personality. It is trying to take over and make Dawn lose sight of the good within herself... This is bad. It would seem that we are unable to directly interfere.

What?! But then how are we supposed to save her?

I think... Titania hesitated. One or the other of us can not interfere. But... perhaps combined... Emilie, darling, lend me your strength!

-----------------------------------

A glow appeared between Dawn and the dark figure. A small glow, a quiet light, but strong in its own way.

Do you remember, Dawn?

Do you remember how you used to play, like this?

Remember all your dreams like this?

The small figure began to draw on the ground with colored chalk that took on the glow of its owner.

Your dreams can not come true if you stay here, Dawn.

Come back.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-14-2014, 11:30 PM

Dawn knelt beside the young child with a smile, her crimson ball gown neatly circling around her. Tucking a loose strand out of her face and back into her elegantly placed braids and bun, Dawn took her attention away from the darkened figure across the room and looked at the small child and her drawings that lay before her. “Dreams? What do you know of my dreams little bambina?” Dawn asked gently with a laugh. “Your mother must be very worried that you’ve wandered away from the party,” Dawn said with a warm smile as she brushed the hair out of the girl’s face.

The darkened figure was not pleased with this distraction. Reaching out her hand towards Dawn and the young child, the woman clouded in darkness flashed a toothy, wicked grin. Slowly, a hazy darkness spread across the floor towards the young child and her drawings. While Dawn was distracted with the young girl, the darkness turned the chalk drawings from beautiful dreams to darkened nightmares before Dawn could really study the images.

“Dawn… That child is not real… I’m real and your only safety… She is trying to keep you in the darkness. Look down and see her for what she truly is… Her drawings do not lie!!” hissed the darkened figure as the darkness continued to ooze out of her hand like a ghastly fog.

Dawn’s eyes shot up as she looked at the figure curiously, “She… what? I don’t understand…”

Soon the nightmare fog reached the hem of Dawn’s gown, completely covering the beautiful images the child was drawing with dark figures that didn’t belong. Dawn felt a sudden chill as she looked at the darkening area around her, bringing her hands to her arms as she stood, becoming more and more frightened.

“Perhaps you should return to the party, bambina. It’s getting dark out and it’s not a time for a young child to be outside,” said Dawn to the young child before her as voices swirled inside Dawn’s head, creating a constant hum that just wouldn’t get out of her ear. Looking down at the young child, Dawn felt something she had never felt before. As the dark fog started to go near the young child, Dawn instinctively pulled the young girl up from her drawings, causing the girl to drop the chalk into the fog.

Something felt strange as she touched the young child. She didn’t feel dark… she felt, familiar… Her darker skin, her light brown hair… her drawings… Though the drawings were dark, she didn’t feel the same darkness from the child… Soon her head began to hurt from the voices and the confusing thoughts swarming in her head. Falling to her knees, Dawn pressed her palms against her ears, trying to block it out, but the darkness continued to call.

*bambina = child

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-14-2014 at 11:32 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-09-2014, 08:54 PM

Remember your dreams like this, Dawnnie?

The voice seemed to echo from the child herself... Then, it seemed that there were multiple, sing-songy voices all around. Like starlit butterflies... like sun-sparkling ripples in a pond... like the memories of something awaited in the future...

Mommy. Faint, soothing, endearing...

Dawn. A man's voice, warm and familiar and strong.

My little bambina! And... was that... Dawn's own voice just then? Older, laced with laughter and pride.

Emilie and Queen Titania gripped each other's hands tighter, seeking strength from one another.

The darkness is determined, Titania's thoughts drifted to Emilie.

Dawn! Dawn, please! Emilie called out, hoping somehow, someway, Dawn would hear. We love you. Come back to us. To Jareth, to your friends and family. Please...

The child in Dawn's arms turned her face up towards Dawn, though the young one's features were somewhat blurred by that quiet, yet brilliant light. A wide, hopeful smile could be made out, however.

Dawnnie... Mommy... Dawn...

The voices continued to call and cajole and sing and soothe...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2014, 09:17 PM

"Too many voices... There are too many voices..." Dawn whispered as she clenched her ears tighter. "I do not understand... Why is this happening?" What was supposed to be soothing merely had the opposite effect on Dawn's mind. Already being confused and disoriented, the dark voices having already taken over, the new voices were just mumbled words that collided with the darkness in a battle over Dawn's thoughts.

Outside of her mind, Dawn's face contorted in discomfort. The situation very much taking its toll on her body and mind. Her breathing became heavy and deep, as if she were trying to catch her breath but couldn't quite do so. Her eyes flickered beneath her eyelids, as if she were almost on the verge of waking but couldn't quite make it.

The Darkness within her mind took the opportunity of her frightened state and ended the dark voices. Now the only voices to consume her were the ones that Queen Emilie and Queen Titania were pushing on her. Their words were more confusing than the darkened thoughts, and the Darkness knew how to manipulate it.

"Come child. Come to me. Come away from those voices. Let me protect you. Let me save you from the voices that seek to destroy you and your happiness!" hissed the darkened figure across the room as she opened her arms wide for Dawn.

Looking up, Dawn absentmindedly rose from her feet and started stumbling towards the darkened figure. "Yes... the voices... Please... make them stop... My head.. it hurts so much... Please help me.." Dawn pleaded quietly as moved towards the figure, her light growing dimmer with every step she took.