Especially role play wise. :yes:

I think I may be broken. D:

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 PM

Lol it's okay Smores, I'm broken, too. :hug:

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 05:12 PM ----------

Thank you, Katie! I've added your nominee to the list!

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 PM

:ninja: I need to go back through my threads/posts to pic peeps to nominate...

I would do it now, but I seriously don't feel all the best at the moment. Too much heat. :gonk: I hate being heat sensitive, living in central Florida. >.<

Hows the thread going, the Darkness Falls one? Should I make a pro to play? What about the question I left on your page?

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 06:21 PM ----------

Can I even nominate multiple peeps in the same post?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 PM

Amani! :hug: Hey, yeah sorry I forgot to reply to that. I've been sick and busy on top of it and then I randomly decided to start this thread.

You can totally join. All I ask is that you read the thread from top to bottom. Things have changed, as have rules. This is the third time I've started that vampire play so if you feel like it's even a possibility that you'll stop posting at some point, please don't join. Also, we have more females than males at the moment, so I'm not accepting females until we have at least one more male join, preferably a human, since we have no human males, and only two humans at all.

I'd die if the thread failed again. I'm not making exceptions for people this go 'round since that's what caused my leaving Mene a while back to begin with. I require that you post at least once every other day, I think Smores: over-looked that rule. :illgetu: Lol with the exception of life related things; going out of town, being sick, etc.

I may make another role-play in the next day or so that's a lot more relaxed, where characters and posting time don't matter. Other than that, if you're up for making a male and a female and are able to post every other day ( I guess I'll give a day or two ;) ) then I'd love to have you! I miss you terribly and you're one of my favorite role-players!!!

Oh, and of course you can nominate as many people as you want in one post. It don't mattuh!

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 PM

Well I was thinking of making non-human/non-vampire anyway...Well at least one. I could pull a regular human tho....Or a regular human with powers...I'm not sure at the moment. I'm gonna find pics and plan it all out.

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 07:14 PM ----------

I shouldn't have any problems with posting, unless something major happens, like my comp breaking down. I will try to post every night tho. And if I dont, then one of two things may have happened; I've overworked myself, or Aries distracted me. -.- The perv. Lol.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 PM

Username of nominee: Tachigami:
Nominated by: maidenroseheart
Literacy level (choose one): Literate
How long have you been writing with this player?: about a month I think
Response time when it's their turn (choose one): Same day
Pros to writing with this player: creative, fun, always prompt, pays attention to detail, is very descriptive, interacts with my character, helps carry the story, is willing to talk out plot ideas and twists,
Cons to writing with this player: is better than me ;)
Insert a quoted paragraph of this player's writing (optional):
Quote:
He pulled her farther into the water. “Stop!” He growled. “I’m not trying to hurt you, I just want an answer!” He grabbed her other wrist as she flailed around to attempt another escape. “If you haven’t done anything, I won’t have a reason to stay here.” He twisted her around so she would have to look at him. From experience he knew the eyes told all their secrets, regardless of how trained one was in hiding their most prominent emotion. Despite age, practice, and ability, the eyes always told the absolute truth. And hers seemed terribly desperate, possibly fearful. But it didn’t say much more. They could be fearing absolute capture. Their desperation could mirror her desire to get away and vanish to commit more crimes, had she done so. But then, perhaps it was him. His look, his status, the impression he had made. Sudden and angry. Not like Alden at all.

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 06-29-2012 at 12:14 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 PM

Sounds great Amani! I'm super excited to see what you come up with! :hug: :hug: :hug: Lol I'm too happy to have you back. :)

Thank you Maiden, I'll add Tachi now!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 PM

Username of nominee: Kry:
Nominated by: PapillonCameo
How long have you been writing with this player?: Nine months, give or take a few
Response time when it's their turn (choose one): Same day or within a day or two
Pros to writing with this player: Creative, fun and friendly
Cons to writing with this player:
Quote:
The library would darken for a few moments, what looked like a swirling grey cloud appeared close to the ceiling, a bit of a breeze seemed to have picked up. Inside the library. Causing pages of open books to flutter and turn gently, the cloud seemed to open up a bit, a pit of hollow darkness in it's center. But something seemed to be falling through that hollow darkness. Whatever it was came tumbling out in a flurry of white and blue but mostly white until it landed with a soft 'ow' on it's butt.

A person, it looked more like a girl than a boy, had landed. The dark cloud was gone, the wind stopped and the library had lightened back up again. The cloud the person had fallen out of was gone, but suddenly a black hard bound book fell out of the air and landed on the person's head. Another 'oww' escaped those lips as the book bounced off the head of white hair and landed on the feminine boy's lap. He picked the book up with one hand, and slowly stood. With his free hand he straightened and smoothed out his skirt and then took a look around. People were staring at him. They seemed confused and unsure of what to do. And he seemed to be in a library of sorts. Well that was good. Libraries were good, no doubt a book with the return spell in it would be here.

"Where are the ritual books located?" The voice that left his lips sounded more feminine than masculine. No doubt everyone thought a girl had just dropped from the sky. That was alright, Alai didn't mind too much that people couldn't immediately tell he was a boy. Besides it was very fun to play along. Of course that did often make others angry when they did eventually find out the truth. Blue eyes just watched the few people that were watching him. They really didn't seem to know what to do. He didn't understand why they looked so confused. It had just been a bit of magic. Magic that had gone wrong, as he obviously was not where he had intended to go.
I couldn't resist!! lol

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-28-2012, 11:51 PM

I hope I can live up to your expectations! :D I'm working on it now I've narrowed to two pics too;

pic 1

Pic 2

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-28-2012, 11:55 PM

Mani they're both guys from Yugioh!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 AM

I've never seen Yugio, but I like both of the pictures!

I'll add Kry now Papillon!

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 AM

I know that. :squee: But they kinda fit the idea I had forming; troubled late teen...Not sure where it it'll branch from there next tho.

maidenroseheart

Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 AM

Nomination Form:
Username of nominee: Fluttershy:
Nominated by: maidenroseheart
How long have you been writing with this player?: We roleplayed for a couple months a while ago.
Response time when it's their turn (choose one): within a day or two
Pros to writing with this player: very creative, good at description, carries the story really well, keeps the thread fresh and alive, good character background and development.
Cons to writing with this player: disappears from time to time,

Quote:
Carter made it to the garden without a moment to spare. All he saw was a black-haired man on the ground beside his gun, and the other kick Aquarius into the pond. Water. Salt water, by the smell. It would hurt her, though hurt was certainly an understatement. A fiery anger rose up inside him as the man stepped over the pond where she lay, seemingly frozen by what she felt. Gritting his sharp teeth, he flew across the garden, crushing some flowers in the process, and when the man turned around, he brought up his foot well above his own head, striking him in the forehead. He stumbled back, over a stray rock that probably came from the pond, and fell. Carter fell on top of him, rolling him onto his stomach and pressing his knee into his back. He slid the blade’s stainless metal across the assailant’s neck, letting blood stain the ground, and though he could have left the man to bleed out, twisted his head around so swiftly he clearly heard the snap.

Spinning around, he found the other man sitting up, reaching for his weapon. He leapt forward, kicking the gun away and letting it skitter under a bush, out of sight. The man shot up, grabbing Carter’s hair. He kneed the surviving stalker in the stomach and kicked him back, pulling off his belt and smacking him with the buckle as hard as he could in the jaw. It left a red mark, and sent the larger man over a bit. With a moment to spare, he twisted the belt around the man’s neck and, with the knife, dug a new hole into the leather and tightened it to where he couldn’t easily breathe. Pushing him into the tree behind, Carter took the knife and thrust it into the man’s shoulder, pinning him there and growling at the fool’s strangled cry of pain.

As the adrenaline wore off, rain started to fall. Instantly, he recalled the source of his anger. Aquarius’s pain. He rushed to the pond, using the remaining adrenaline-fueled strength to haul her up. He remembered her saying that pure water didn’t hurt as much as salt. It would help her regain movement, perhaps enough to where he could help her into the house. Taking the lightweight jacket from the dead man, he knelt at her side and wiped the water from her face. “Aqua? C’mon, you’re all right, you’re okay now. Can you hear me? We have to get out of the rain…” He bent close to her, listening for signs of response. But the scream she had let out was still ringing like an omen in his head.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 AM

Awwww, thank you! *purrs* I'm too tired to do anything with this right now, sadly. :/

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-29-2012, 12:46 AM

Me---I mean, I was nominated!? Thank you, thank you Maiden!
(But I wouldn't have thought I was better than you.)

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 AM

You deserve to be nominated Es! (: I never think of the RPS we do. Lol You do.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-29-2012, 01:26 AM

Tachi! :hug: I'm so glad you were nominated! I need to enter in my noms, too. I didn't realize how fast this would blow up and it's more work than I anticipated. Lol But it's okay, I'm glad!

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:16 AM

I'm glad I was nominated as well! It's nice to be a good partner. Although I'd put up someone, they've already been nominated! Maiden, Es, Pap... nominated! I don't doubt its popularity, people love their RPs!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-29-2012, 04:23 AM

No, nominate who you want! The players nominated most will be our winners!

maidenroseheart

Old 06-29-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachigami View Post
Me---I mean, I was nominated!? Thank you, thank you Maiden!
(But I wouldn't have thought I was better than you.)
You are just being modest. I absolutely LOVE your roleplaying skills. And for some reason I get goosebumps when your character describes my character ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachigami View Post
I'm glad I was nominated as well! It's nice to be a good partner. Although I'd put up someone, they've already been nominated! Maiden, Es, Pap... nominated! I don't doubt its popularity, people love their RPs!
I was? *runs to go look* I don't think I was.

If we are RPing with someone in more than one thread, can we nominate them more than one time?

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 06-29-2012 at 04:28 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
You are just being modest. I absolutely LOVE your roleplaying skills. And for some reason I get goosebumps when your character describes my character ^_^
No I'm not. I'm just glad I'm seen in a good light by others, that's for sure. My meticulous study of each post is a good thing after all!
Hm? Maybe it's because you're seeing your character described through the eyes of another person. I always considered that, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
I was? *runs to go look* I don't think I was.

If we are RPing with someone in more than one thread, can we nominate them more than one time?
What!? But I was sure I saw your name listed! Let me go back and look! Otherwise you're up!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-29-2012, 04:49 AM

No, a player can be nominated multiple times, and it's encouraged, otherwise we won't have a contest. But they have to be nominated by different peeps. :yes:

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 AM

Ohh, I see! Well, first thing's first:

Nomination Form:
Username of nominee: maidenroseheart:
Nominated by: Tachigami
How long have you been writing with this player?: Oh, a few months. Possibly more, my timing's not all it's cracked up to be....
Response time when it's their turn (choose one): Same day or within a day or two.
Pros to writing with this player: She's a delight to work with, and is very timely. Her crystal-clear descriptions and ease with which she writes always wants me to come back to the RP and reread her posts, and anticipate each new reply she puts together. The scenes are so clear one could almost be there.
Cons to writing with this player: *crickets*
Insert a quoted paragraph of this player's writing:

Quote:
She casually leaned back with one hand on the cantle of the saddle behind her. Also a deceptively restful position, it gave her easy access to the pistol tucked in her shirt behind her. Just in case there was trouble. The warm air would only get warmer as they headed west. Western Kansas was notoriously for getting maybe an inch of rain a year. She would do well to preserve the water in her canteen until she reached a well, spring, or town. The towns along the railroad had to have water for more than the people. Trains were so predictable in their use of water now that the steam engine had emerged. You would think people would stop investing in expensive new weapons and work on improving their own daily lives for once.

She saw the dust cloud as the motorcycle came into view. It was an impressive machine. She couldn't make out the details of either it or it's rider yet, but she was fairly impressed by its size. It was no pansy of a bike, that was for sure. She tilted her head forward a little and waited.

maidenroseheart

Old 06-29-2012, 04:54 AM

Awesomeness! Thank you for the nom Tachi :)

Thank you Kya for getting back to me on that question :)

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-29-2012, 04:54 AM

I'm on my touch screen, so I'll have to add the late night sumbissions in the morning! But not to worry, I won't forget!