Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 05-18-2010, 12:51 AM

*shrug* That isn't what I said. I said if you believe, then remember that prayer can help. I couldn't be imposing on you regardless, because I wasn't talking to you. I was trying to help Kultura. If Kulti doesn't believe then I suppose she won't pray, ne? I will pray for her regardless. I'll pray for you too. ^_^

That example is extremely extreme, btw. Most Christians would never do that. We aren't supposed to shun people who don't believe. We are supposed to love them anyway and try to reach out to them. Frequently Christians (including me at times) tend to forget that fact. I've been working at remembering. It's hard to do when one is as naturally anti-social as I am. ^_^' It is interesting that the first time I reach out over the internet I get accused of imposing my faith on others. What are you doing by telling me not to share my faith? Isn't that sort of trying to impose your beliefs on me? O_o' I think we should just agree to disagree on this. I won't stop trying to be true to my beliefs. You may ignore me if you wish. It has been enlightening talking with you. I'm going to go play Everquest with my hubby for a bit. Feel free to PM me or leave me a profile message if you wish to continue this friendly theological debate. Since the thread will be closing tomorrow we can't continue it here, ne? Night Fox.

Last edited by Saravi Boo; 05-18-2010 at 12:57 AM..

[fox girl]
The Old Newbie
Send a message via MSN to [fox girl]

Old 05-18-2010, 12:58 AM

I know the example was very extremist. ._. I also know you weren't talking to me, but to Kultura. <_<
I was just talking about imposing religion. D:

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 AM

Well, your timing made it seem directed at me personally, rather than like you were just talking in general. *shrugs* Anyway, no big deal. Really leaving now. Norrath awaits me! ^_^ Nighty-night.

So long Newbie Closet. I will miss you. *pats thread*

[fox girl]
The Old Newbie
Send a message via MSN to [fox girl]

Old 05-18-2010, 01:10 AM

Sorry. T-T I know it sounded like it was directed at you, but it really wasn't. I also didn't mean for it to sound like you were imposing, because you weren't. I'm sorry. T-T Goodnight.

And bye Newbie Closet! D':

Reiryoku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 AM

well good luck kultura and thanks again before your gone =D really sorry to hear about your friend it's too bad people still think that way about someone. everyone is a person regardless of how they are its sad :(
will miss this thread i know ive been kinda absent but its the only one ive ever looked at

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 05-18-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultura View Post
It's a long story D:
He's gay and openly gay. Everyone knows except for his family.
He got a beating by two other boys during the weel because he's gay. He was ok with it htough.
Then when he got home, his older brother asked what happened, and he told him. And told him he was gay.
His brother then hit him.
And my friend decided he couldn't take any more :/
He tried hanging himself, was found just in time but he's done damage to his brain so now he's in intensive care on life support. I think they're waiting on one of his brothers to come home from the US before they turn everything off :(

And I have to. I don't have time to come onto Mene anymore :(
I even had to give up hosting/ planning the feast of fools event during the summer.
RL hates Mene with a vengance :(

I'll be having it close in about 24hrs though. So there's time for goodbyes and everything.
Kultura, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. *hugs* It irks me how violent people can get over something like one's sexuality.

While you are gone, you will be missed and I can only hope, along with everyone else, that you come back when the time is right. I know I haven't posted much here but I will miss this thread as much as everyone else. I do believe my first prize came from the Valentine's event of this year.

Also, RL is a big meanie. *nods*

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 AM

Kultara// I am terribly sorry for causing any unwanted and undignified violence/hatred on this thread. I love the Closet just like any other original Newbie. I was just very upset at what "that guy" was saying because I work with abused women and his "tip" comment pushed me overboard a bit. I am handling it now through PMs though, so no worrries.

I am horrified and greatly saddened by your loss. Two of my closest friends are unique in their sexuality and have to struggle with it because our community has not fully accepted it yet. How sad that violence ends in violence, when it could just be a beautiful thing and that boy wasn't protected in some way. Families should love and accept. I hate violence. I will keep him in my thoughts tonight and hope that all who were close to him will one day heal. Bless all.

And to the Newbie Closet itself, I hope all who posted frequently on this thread will venture out into other threads after it is locked down. I'm sure Kultura would love this :) I would be very sad not seeing you guys around, even though most of the time I was lurking here. I love you all and will miss this thread dearly. Let's all hope that it will reopen as soon as conveniently possible.

Goodbye Closet *hugs tightly*

Winged One
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Invictus View Post
I was just very upset at what "that guy" was saying because I work with abused women and his "tip" comment pushed me overboard a bit.
This is commonly called "comedy".

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 05-18-2010, 08:39 AM

Wow. Real life can really throw everyone some loops. I was homeless for a good couple of months but thankfully the demand on my thread was so low I was almost able to keep up, or keep people updated.

Kultura-sama- I am sincerely saddened to hear of that story. Crimes of hate for a superficial reason (skin color, sexual orientation, socio economic associations) sicken me. Your friend is a person, with hopes and dreams, a past, a childhood, struggles and achievements, and had a future to look forward to as well, where even if things were painful now, he still had a chance to recover... but for a member of his own family to turn against him, that is downright unforgivable. To deal, and struggle, then to be pushed over the edge by your own blood?

I've been suicidal in times that can be counted in the dozens but I've never made a serious "this WILL WORK" this time attempt because I'm afraid of intervention. I don't want to drink things beneath the kitchen sink because I don't want to go to the hospital and get my stomach pumped. I've been close to death, on the edge of pushing myself into the freezing water or laying against a freeway metal divider with the cars whizzing past my head at 80 miles per hour...

It's important that you do what you need to do, and of course in time maybe you can come back to Menewsha and re-open the closet.

I would like to thank you for providing such a place for new users, it's where I truly made my first Menewshan friends... not in fresh meat, but in here. I came for the clothes, but I stayed for the company.

God (in whichever form you like to see Divinity) be with you on your journey, and I hope we cross paths again.

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM

Thanks everyone, it means a lot. It's just a hard time I guess :(

And thanks for everything. I'm gonna minss it here <3