Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 AM

This is a private Role Play between:
PapillonCameo and Faded Beauty.

The year is 2012, the school year just began, teens slowly start to pour into the school on the first day.

.: Faded's Character Profile :.X

Name Matthew Addams
Race Half Greek and half American.
Gender Male
Age Seventeen years of age.
Height 5'7
Weight 160 lbs.

Character Bio
Matt is a distant young man, not cause he wants to be but because he is deaf. He can speak and read lips, where people can not even tell he is. He speaks with a strong accent cause of it. He was born with a hearing disorder, at the age of six he went completely deaf; which was fine with him. He know sign language but prefers to speak, and has a passion for motorcycles. His love is what made him learn everything he could about motorcycle mechanics, out of boredom he learnt about cars as well. At the age of sixteen his family gave him a Kawasaki ninja, which he loves and rides all the time. He works at a local restaurant as a bust boy.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-20-2012, 01:37 AM

Papillon's CharacterX

Felix Tregarde
Short Bio: He's part of the more popular crowd at the school and tends to avoid shop classes like the plague. Give him english over that any day" If he isn't outside handing out with friends, he's inside the theater helping out with lights or on stage in the school's newest musical production.

((And who starts off?))

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-20-2012, 02:29 AM

The day was half way over as the time frame was now for lunch, most of the classes were just describing what they would be learning; however his favorite class was next fallowed by a free period. He opened his locker, it was near the special ed class, which his family tried to get him to take but he refused. He looked at the other deaf kid who was going to be sharing a locker with him. He signed to her since she couldn't speak or read lip, their locker was the last of the row for the 'Special' children as everyone called them. She invited him to eat lunch with her but refused politely, he wanted to see the newly remodeled workshop shop. The girl smiled and signed her 'goodbye' to her locker mate before running off to eat lunch. He looked at the locker wondering what to do now, he was debating on if he wanted to go eat then go to the workshop or skip eating and play around in the work shop.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-20-2012, 05:32 PM

Feli his heavy backpack with a sigh. He hated shop class, especially the next one coming up. The brunette had gone to see the roster pasted on the door, just in case he had friends there, but sadly not. So now he was sneaking away, or at least trying to.

His mind was so full with stage lights and the cheers of an audience that he paid no attention to his surroundings. The dark eyed boy stumbled and dropped his things as he bumped into another student. "Hey, watch it!" Felix didn't really care that it was his fault, he was too embarrassed and afraid that this other teen might try and figure out why he was wandering around just when classes were going to start again.

He couldn't remember having seen the dark haired young man in any of his classes before. Then again, the school was rather large.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-20-2012, 07:03 PM

He was snapped from thought when someone bumped into him, he was forced into the door of his locker and stopped it from coming back to hitting him. He turned to see a brunette teen with a irritated look upon his face, due to his back being turned when the man yelled he didn't know he said anything. He just looked at him, "You should pay attention to where you're going." He said with his heavy accent to the young man. He would ask if he was okay but the look on his face said he was, he turned to close his locker door and started to walk off afterwards. He knew the guy would probably said something but it most likely wouldn't be good, that was when he was happy he couldn't hear anything.

He made his way to the workshop after the accident with the brunette. The large garage doors were pure glass which he loved, the sun lit up most of the class and the rest was from the lights. The teacher looked at the teenage boy, he knew him for a long time. Matt's mother was a retired teacher and she worked here a while back, when she brought him hear on days she worked he would be here. "Hi Mr. Stevens." He told the man who just smiled at him. He was looking at the new tool chest when the teacher tapped his should and let him know he would be off for lunch but he was leaving the doors open. He nodded to the man before he left and turned his attention back to the new tools with delight.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 PM

He frowned at the comment and opened his mouth to reply ... But the other guy walked away like nothing at all had happened! Angered, Felix moved to follow the stranger and sighed once he saw they were in the place he'd been avoiding. He nodded as the teacher walked away, then slipped into the classroom.

It if could even be called that. "Hey you, what's the big idea!" Felix moved to crouch down in front of the annoying guy with a frustrated expression. "Hey, aren't you listening? Don't just ignore me like that!" He wasn't used to being ignored or dismissed. Felix was spoiled that way.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 PM

It was only a few minutes he was alone in the classed room but he was distracted by the tools, he picked up a brand new wrench and touched the tip with the other hand. He never held brand new tools before, his family couldn't afford them, they barely could afford the bike they got him. He caught movement to his left and looked at the guy who seemed more angered then before as he crouched down in front of him. He read his lips and tried not to laugh, he obvious didn't know he was deaf; guess he didn't pay attention to his locker. "Calm down, you'll pop the vain forming on your forehead." He told the young brunette, "If you want a apology, that will not happen. You bumped into me." He figured he wouldn't tell the man, most just felt sorry or picked on him for it.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 PM

The truth made Felix redden, and his blustering anger fade away into embarrassment. With a slight cough the young man turned his face away and mumbled an apology. It wasn't very loud, so if this time the other man didn't hear he was determined not to get angry about it.

All of this had started because of him after all. It was an unfortunate situation, and one Felix didn't relish one bit as he leaned back against his heels.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 09-20-2012 at 09:08 PM..

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-20-2012, 09:20 PM

He smiled seeing him apologize, it was obvious he never had done it that much. "No harm done." He told the young man, his demeanor slightly changed from his conscience hitting him for laughing and not telling the guy. He placed the wrench back up before turning the guy, "I wasn't ignoring you, just so you know." He told the man quietly, he started to sign as he spoke. "I'm deaf, I have been since I was six years old." He told him smiling still, if the man picked on him then he did. Granted he was use to it but it still hurt, he tried to never let it bother him and it didn't for the most part.

He stood up and scratched his head lightly before he continued to speak, and sign. "I thought you knew since my locker is in the Special area. I read lip and learnt to talk with practiced, but still can't hear. I hope that doesn't bother you." He told the easily tempered man as he waited for a reply.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 PM

He titled his head to the side when the other boy began explaining. Felix couldn't help it, he started laughing a bit at the situation and shook his head. With one smooth motion he was standing and peering about before breaking into a wide grin. "I've been avoiding the shop classes since the ninth grade, it's not all that surprising I didn't know." It was more surprising that he was still there.

In fact the way things were going he'd probably end up actually attending class. The thought made him wince a little. He didn't really want to let everyone in the class know how clumsy he was with his hands. Acting was a whole different thing, but trying to make something with his hands? Felix didn't want to embarrass himself with his clumsiness.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-21-2012, 01:48 AM

He looked at the man who was laughing, that was the first. He had been avoiding shop classes, why, it was the best thing for him but then again everyone was different. "Really, I personally love shop. Different reaction then I was expecting." He told the brunette, it was more awkward to him that he was talking to a obvious popular kid without him picking on him more then anything but things could change quickly at anytime.

He held out his hand for the man to shake, he had quit signing after he told him he could read lip. "My name is Matthew, but most call me Matt." He told the man, he was very friendly but most people avoided him cause of his condition; except the other special kids.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 AM

The dark eyed boy reached out to shake Matt's hand with a firm grip. "Felix. Don't tell anyone, but I'm really clumsy when it comes to doing things with my hands. That's why I've been avoiding shop. I don't want to embarrass myself." He wondered why he was so suddenly explaining himself to Matt. It wasn't very normal at all for him to do such a thing.

Nervously he tugged at his shirt, then slipped his hands into his jean pockets. Maybe .... it was easier to admit to his faults around Matt, because he was going to understand, or so it seemed to him. "Don't tell anyone, alright?" As he spoke, Felix lifted his head to make sure Matt could see what he was saying, even if he couldn't hear his words.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 AM

He smiled at the man named Felix, "It is nice to meet you." He chuckled at him when he told him his secret to why he hated shop. "You have it next? If so I can help you if you want." He offered the man, he would enjoy actually having someone to help out in this class; one that wouldn't freak out about his disorder. He hated helping out the girls that took this class just to meet guys, they always freaked when they found out he couldn't hear.

He watched his mouth and smiled before he signed once again just for fun, "Your secret is safe with me, but please don't tell people about me being deaf. They act weird around me." He told Felix hoping he would agree, it took him a long time to get a job just cause of that fact. "If people ask about my accent, I just tell them I'm Greek." He told the man seriously but somewhat jokingly.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-21-2012, 03:04 AM

Silently he nodded with a funny face. "I'd like that. Just don't yell at me if I make the car drop on you by accident or something, I'm warning you!" Felix lapsed into a bout of laughter at the imagery. Though in truth, he really hoped that didn't happen. Matt seemed like a nice enough guy, and something like that happening ... Well Felix wouldn't have wished it even on his worst enemies.

He watched in fascination as the young man signed along with his words. "I won't tell. You know, that's kind of cool .. The signing I mean. Kind of like a code or something." It really was. Felix had never seen a person's hands move like that before.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-21-2012, 03:32 AM

He smiled softly at him, "I can't yell, it's hard to keep my voice like this as it is; but lets hope you don't drop a car on me." He said in a amusement, though he really hope that didn't happen; that would be really bad. However that would be his luck, he had really bad luck with some things. "You do know the basic tools at least, right?" He asked curious, even if he didn't know them all it was fine even he didn't know all the correct names.

"Thank you." He told him, he was glad he wouldn't tell about his disorder. "Really? It's just like all the other languages but with your hands, I could teach you if you like. I have a free period next but I sadly have to work today during it. Tomorrow is my day off though." He told Felix with excitement slightly hinting in his voice.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM

elix shook his head emphatically. "Not at all actually. I'm a dunce when it comes to this kind of stuff." That was an understatement. He knew next to nothing about cars. It was nearly as embarrassing as his clumsiness.

A smile bloomed over his face at the offer. "Cool, I'd like that!" It'd be like learning a whole new language without having to worry about writing it down. This was turning out to be an alright day after all.

He turned about, looking at people beginning to gather around. The once empty halls weren't so echoing now. "Looks like lunch is almost over."

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 PM

He lightly chuckled at Felix's reply, "You should study up on them then, it will help you in the long run." He said smiling, "Everyone has to start somewhere." He told the man trying to encourage him to learning about them, it was a skill that came in handy, great scholarships in it as well; that would be the only way he could get into college is by one.

"Then I will bring my books over here tomorrow for you barrow, I suck at teaching but I'm good for practice." He told him smiling with sweet smile, "It's not that hard, I promise." He signed as he told to the man happily. He was excited he might actually make a friend for once in his life, at least he was hoping.

He fallowed his glaze to see the halls began to crowd, he just watched him walk around outside. Unfortunately he wasn't looking at the boy to know he said something, so he never replied. It was time for him to stop signing so no one would know, he looked at the clock to see they only had a few more minutes before others came in. "We should go find a seat before their isn't any." He told Felix, the actually seating area was allot smaller then the working space.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-21-2012, 11:37 PM

The young man made a face at the thought of studying about things he really didn't understand. Boy was he glad he'd found a tutor for shop class! Otherwise it would have ended up the very first of failures. It was, of course, a graduation requirement to have a class form the trade area of things.

At the mention of even more books, Felix let a dramatic groan escape his lips. Soon he was pretending to collapse upon the floor while erupting into riotous laughter. Most people laughed along, or waved at him with indulgent smiles. They all knew of him, or knew him, at least enough to remember that he had been in every play produced since coming to secondary school. Soon enough he was brushing himself off with a cocky grin, and turning to meet Matt's eyes.

"Sounds like a good idea to me." He didn't mention that he'd said something earlier. It didn't matter all that much anyway. Felix motioned for Matt to follow him inside the class, then moved to the seating area. He usually sat way in the back .... But that could possibly cause trouble for Matt. With that in mind, he chose a seat by the wall, but closer to the teacher then usual, for him anyway.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-23-2012, 12:16 AM

He laughed at the guy who plainly didn't like studying, he didn't like laughing at people but he couldn't help it with the facial expression he made. He was obvious one of the popular kids but how he acted, this would prove to be a interested year at this rate; however he was looking forward to it.
He didn't understand what he did, he wasn't good with moans or groans. He just looked at Felix confused about what he just said or did. He just watched him, his confusion written all over his face. When he burst with laughter just made him more confused about what just happened. He didn't know what to say or do, that was a awkward situation that he never had been through before. He looked around as trying to figure out what to actually do, then he was looking at him with a cocky as he dust himself. He decided to keep his mouth shut, it was weird how he acted just then.
"Okay." Was his only reply, he just walked over to the seating area and found a spot to sit. It was near Felix only a chair away, he didn't like sitting close to people. Made him feel uncomfortable really. He covered his mouth as he yawn, he was tired from everything he did today, mostly from working the night shift the night before coming to school. "Excuse me." He said out of habit, yawning was more bothersome then anything.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-23-2012, 01:26 AM

He had noticed Matt's confusion, but rather then try to explain had let it fall off to the side. Felix eyed the empty seat between them curiously, as if silently asking why. This space wasn't something the dark eyed man was used to. It seemed like there were a lot of things to do with Matt he needed to adjust to. Even so, he thought they could be great friends.

The young man frowned upon seeing his new friend yawning. "Hey, why are you so tired?" The mumbling of students entering the room began to demonstrate just how crowded the room was becoming. "It doesn't bother me, but even I know falling asleep in class is bad." Which was an understatement.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-23-2012, 02:21 AM

He just looked at Felix when he saw him looking at the empty seat, "I'm uncomfortable sitting right up near people, I can't see them clearly as I can one seat away." He told him trying to assure it him it wasn't a bad thing on why he did sit one away. He smiled at him trying to explain his weird little fetish, well not really a fetish just a precaution more like it.

"I'm sorry, I worked night shift last night. Running on three hours of sleep and allot of coffee, and don't worry I don't sleep in class." He told him, "I'm trying not to yawn, it's harder then it looks." He said as people started to fill in the room, and of course the same girls where back and whispered about him when they saw him. "Those girls we only here for a boyfriend, they are huge tarts." He told Felix as they glared at him for calling them tarts, granted it was a old slang but still meant the same thing.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-23-2012, 02:30 AM

Now it made sense. It still made him uncomfortable, but the brunette could understand why. With a glance for everyone else in the room, he slung his bag onto the chair and pretended innocence. Felix wanted no one between him and his tutor. Otherwise .... Failing the class was a certainty.

"You should have napped during lunch." Lifting an eyebrow, Felix turned to smile and wave at the girls. "There's no need to insult them, at least not where they can hear." He'd always dislike girls like that. They mooned over him and made eyes at him. It made him sick to his stomach even thinking of it. Not once had Felix ever thought it strange ... Though perhaps he should have.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-23-2012, 03:15 AM

He chuckle at him, "I would have but I bumped into someone." He told him jokingly, he found it funny and hoped he did at least found it amusing. "Can't help it, last year they complete abused the fact I'm deaf. Told every one I was lacking certain size in parts and that I was gay cause I refused to date one of them." He told Felix, they were horrible girls and they knew it. "They even got me fired from my last job, told my boss I was deaf and that was all she needed to know before she got rid of me." He told him sadly, he always hid it from the interviews, which was a bad thing but he needed the jobs.

He watched the girls, bat their lashes at Felix. He wanted to throw up at that site, they were on the 'aren't we cute phase' which wasn't working very well. He never turned back to see if Felix would reply, he could see him through the corner of his eyes. The class was rather empty this year, the clock shown it was about to ring the bell to started and the teacher would be arriving soon.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-23-2012, 03:39 AM

He joined in on the laughter, but fell silent quick enough. For some reason unknown to himself he blushed at the rest of Matt's words. "Well if it makes you feel any better I don't think they were right at all." A sudden embarrassing image involving Matt and himself leaped to mind with far too much clarity for Felix's comfort. Coughing and hiccuping at the image with a furious blush, he hid his face behind his arms. But that wasn't the good thing to do, considering that Matt needed to see his lips.

That brought a furious tinge to his cheeks. Felix really couldn't understand what was wrong with him. "I'm sure you could do any job. Well maybe not tuning instruments ... But you know what I mean." Embarrassed to the core, he hid his face again in a very unusual bout of shyness. The girls kept tittering away, but he ignored them without a second thought.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-23-2012, 04:19 AM

He looked at Felix with concern, "Are you okay?" He asked hoping that maybe he just swallowed wrong or nothing serious. "If it was cause of the 'gay' comment, I'm not." He said in his accent, though he never dated so he didn't know. He normally didn't bother to check people out, most wanted nothing to do with him cause of him being deaf. He looked Felix's red face, "Did you swallow wrong?" He ask with the same concern as before, he watched as he covered his face hoping he was alright.

Matt just sat there watching Felix's reaction to a unknown problem, he didn't really understand what brought the teenage boy to act so oddly. "Why not, Beethoven was deaf. Look at what he did." He told the teen who was blushing, just cause he couldn't hear doesn't mean he couldn't tune instruments. "But I know what you mean, most people are just uncomfortable around me." He said smiling, it was why his father left. His mom struggled with his raising with the help of his grandparents, so he understood why they did what they did.