Tom Hiddleston
Adorably Profound

Old 12-28-2016, 10:18 PM

Would it not be creepy if you found out that Tom Hiddleston was drooling over pictures of you? O_O

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-28-2016, 11:59 PM

Nope. Not at all. I'd be flattered

Pirate Booty
Damia's prize mule

Old 12-29-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Imma just sit here and drool, mkay
I'll sit beside you & we can drool together.

* passes over a fresh towel *

marnie

Old 12-30-2016, 07:07 AM

*thinks of Thor* Loki says, 'damn!'

Pirate Booty
Damia's prize mule

Old 12-31-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnie View Post

*thinks of Thor* Loki says, 'damn!'
Either one of them is nice to look at.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-03-2017, 09:10 PM

More pictures of Thomas in the snow.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 01-03-2017, 11:01 PM

So... this is more corpses than Partridges in trees of the Rosaceae family? :/

Kory

Old 01-03-2017, 11:26 PM

I guess so? :D

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 01-03-2017, 11:30 PM

I mean... to each his own I guess :P I really have been loving the twelve days of christmas concept the past few years, in part because all that energy spent on preparation for one day of celebration? Hell no. So I've been dragging it out. I'm still watching christmas movies, listening to my medieval carol cds, lighting my candles and plugging in my lights. And I plan to make something big for the 6th, the "last" day. Maybe a homemade cheese fondue?

Kory

Old 01-04-2017, 12:22 AM

The 12 Days of Christmas is a very fun concept that hopefully can extend that holiday cheer, hopefully prevent some of the after-holiday depression some people get into.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 01-04-2017, 12:41 AM

Yeah, and it was a concept for so long, until fairly recently I wonder what made it drop off? 20th century consumerism? Like the quest to blow all your money on big gifts, whereas before smaller gifts were the norm... Holidays can change so fast. Halloween wasn't really associated with children until after the 1930s, I think it was? Though I think it's starting to swing back the other way more and more. The "adult" factor is more prominent that it was when I was younger, for sure.

Kory

Old 01-04-2017, 12:48 AM

Yeah, Halloween is starting to become more spooky and adult orientated nowadays.
I always thought Halloween was more fun for adults than children, but that is probably because Halloween is one of my all-time favorite holidays.

Christmas is alright, but not one of my top favorites.

My family always believed in small gifts that last over a few days. We celebrate Hanukkah also, so we get gifts everyday for eight days. We didn't always do that, but we thought it would be better than celebrating one day for Christmas, which we don't really celebrate anyway...

My mom's birthday is in December, mine is in January and my dad's is in February, so it's a never ending wave of gifts in the winter. :)

I don't ever feel the need to overspend for one day, then do nothing the next day.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 01-04-2017, 12:55 AM

Thanksgiving was my favorite as a kid -parades and blanket forts! - but it's being swallowed by Christmas... I really fight not to do anything Christmasy until December (and then draw it out until january... I'm going against the tide and it's tiring :/)

I am so about small gifts now. Socks, plants, baking something or giving imported candy. A book if you really want to go big. And not a lot of gifts. I find it so meaningful. I'm personally against giving electronics at christmas. They have no warmth to them! Plus they go obsolete so soon. For a birthday it's okay I guess, if you explicitly ask for it. It's your day. Christmas has more thought to it. I really like how Hanukkah operates, from what I know of it. It's a grounded and again, meaningful.

My mom's birthday is a few days after mine, and mine's a few days after valentine's day. It ends up being a festive period.

Kory

Old 01-04-2017, 12:59 AM

It's always nice when birthdays come right after major holidays so you get to be extra festive for a while longer than usual.

Ever since high school my Hanukkah gifts have mostly been, two days of something "big" and the rest of the days I'd get socks or a book or something. But we stopped giving "big" gifts for a while now, it just ruins the spirit of it to expect a big gift. We are not religious by any means, but I find that it's the perfect time to just relax, enjoy your family and friends' company and just relish in the fact that another year has gone by and we're not dead yet.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 01-04-2017, 01:20 AM

Yeah, I'm not religious either so I've crafted my own meaning to christmas, a lot like yours, especially over the past few years. I like it to be about community, lights, and nature, with a little bit of historical tradition as well.