Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-21-2016, 04:32 AM

This sweet banner was brought to you by the notorious Nephila!

Last edited by Linnea; 12-22-2016 at 04:12 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-22-2016, 02:16 AM

So I was looking back and I realized that there really hasn't been a lot of these types of contests lately, and that made me sad! For all you crafty and photo-friendly users out there, your event prayers have been heard, and I am here to deliver! There are a couple different categories so find one, or all!, that suits you and get to work! You can enter up to TWO TIMES for each contest! You got that? TWO ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR EACH CONTEST! The entries will be accepted until the end of the event, so don't hesitate!

CONCERNING ALL ENTRIES
-> You will need to prove that you made the craft/took the photo, so you MUST include your user name, handwritten in the photo. It can not be edited in and it will not be accepted if it is. <-

-> Entries should be made specifically by you for this specific holiday season. It is preferable if it's not used in other craft contests for this event AND please do not submit something you submitted in any previous Menewshan Event. That's just tacky <-

-> You can edit your entry until it's updated to the front, and don't worry, I'll take me time.<-

And of course, you will be rewarded for your efforts in each contest.

Prizes:
First: Both contribution items for December + 4,000 gold + full set of FoWN 2017 event rares
Second: 4,000 gold + full set of FoWN 2017 event rares
Third: Full set of FoWN 2017 event rares

Find a Recruit!
OH! And I added a new element to this contest! The number of entrants are usually, and sadly, somewhat low, so if you can recruit fellow users to participate there will be something in it for you! 100 gold a pop! Make sure the person you recruit adds your username to their entry so you can get the credit and the reward!

Last edited by Linnea; 12-23-2016 at 02:21 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-22-2016, 02:20 AM

Sculptures

To sculpt is to ["create or represent (something) by carving, casting, or other shaping techniques".]

The sculpture category is for any craft that can be built or crafted into a... well, you guessed it, a sculpture described by the definition above. Many things fit into this category. Some fun ideas could be snowmen or anything else sculpted with snow, or if you don't have snow sculpt a sand castle. Use a more traditional medium like clay, you could use mud, edibles, paper mache, knit or crochet a plushie, I dunno, there are so many possibilities. If you can sculpt it, I'll probably accept it.

There is a theme though, it has to be either holiday or event related, so keep that in mind!

ENTRY FORM
Quote:
[COLOR="cyan"][B][SIZE="5"]LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[B]User name:[/B]
[B]Image:[/B]
[B]Where you recruited? If yes, who?:[/B]
Entries:

Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name:Shadami
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: Nope

I made this as a christmas present, I think that's holiday enough :3
Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name:Eastriel
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: myself!

I made these little charms for my mum for christmas. All of them are hand sculpted from polymer clay and are about the size of a quarter.

LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: eastriel
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: myself

I made these soaps using a mould. I formed them in layers and inset rosemary from the garden as well as cranberrys. It is scented with orange.

As they were made last month for christmas presents when I took a picture I didn't know this contest would be held so please accept this second picture as proof, sadly the soap has been used by this point, so please remember it as it was!

Proof:
Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: XoGIZMOoX
Image:

Creepy Clause was made from.... His body was a mixture of papermache and stuffing and cloth (Halloween eyeballs) and for his chimney I wrapped up a box in the white side of gift wrap and made construction paper red bricks

PROOF PHOTOS :
He was part of my patio decorations I did....

Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: Naisou
Image:

Where you recruited? If yes, who?:

Crocheted this GIANT Octopus for my grandmother, she might have meant it as a jest...but she got it lol. Finally just finished putting it all together....(for Christmas she saw it in pieces...) btw, it sees into your soul....
Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: R u b y
Image:

For size reference

His nose is crocheted and stuffed, and his body also has weight to him.
The blue underneath is just a mat for color matching and is not attached.
It is made out of Caron Simply Soft Party - White yarn, so it has sparkle to it just like snow.
The eyes are safety eyes (for shine)

Where you recruited? If yes, who?: No one other than myself.

Last edited by Linnea; 01-07-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-22-2016, 02:39 AM

Snowy Scenes

Firstly and most importantly, I've been watching a lot of Bob Ross lately, and let me tell ya, that man knows how to make a landscape, which is the inspiration for this idea!

Next, you should know that this particular contest is broken into two separate contests. Overall and for both, I want you to depict a snowy scene. I know this can get a bit redundant seeing as snow is "just one color" (but is it really though?!) anyways, be creative, think outside the box here and throw in an element of surprise, whatever it is, I just want to be wowed!

Part 1: For this category, you can accomplish the task by taking a real photo of a snowy scene out your window, a snowy mountain, on a walk or wherever. Don't have snow? Well, as an added bit of fun, you are allowed to do some photo shopping and editing to your image to help enhance your photo. That is how you could make it more interesting too by the way!

Oh yea, I do not want an entire photo digitally created and please include a link to the original image!

ENTRY FORM
Quote:
[COLOR="deepskyblue"][B][SIZE="5"]LOOK! I PHOTOGRAPHED THIS![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[B]Final Image:[/B]
[B]Original Image:[/B]

Part 2: This category, while having the same Snowy Scene theme, allows for more creativity. Fabricate your own scene by painting a picture, make a snow globe or terrarium, use digital art, draw a picture, use the paint program on windows, pixel art it up, whatever medium you prefer, use your artistic abilities to show me a snowy scene.

ENTRY FORM
Quote:
[COLOR="deepskyblue"][B][SIZE="5"]LOOK! I ARTED THIS![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Entries:
PART 1:
Quote:
LOOK! I PHOTOGRAPHED THIS!
Final Image:

Original Image: I didn't edit my image!
Myself
A few words on my submission;
Here is my submission, which I have called "a fisherman's christmas", I live on the south west coast of the UK, surrounded by harbours and small fishing villages. I took this photo while beach combing on a near by estuary at low tide. I wanted to capture a winters day through my eyes, as due to the salt air from the sea, we don't have snow. I wanted to capture a beacon in the distance as you can see, as to me it looks like a christmas tree! I also love that a fisherman has decorated his boat with a tree too! As I don't have any photo editing skill or experience, I have used natural techniques to create this image, I made sure to position myself to create silhouttes in the foreground which I feel deepens and lengthens the image. I hope you enjoy my simple entry!

Please take the below image as proof I took the photo.
Proof:
PART 2:
Quote:
LOOK! I ARTED THIS!
User name:eastriel
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: myself

I made this snowman centre piece completely from scratch and with only recycled items. For example the buttons are pennies I painted, the arms are painted straws, and the hat is a toliet roll and scrap cardboard!

---------- Post added 12-26-2016 at 07:21 PM ----------

Here's a zoomed out one! I realised I cut off the hat in the last picture!

Quote:
LOOK! I ARTED THIS!
User name: Fishyfey
Image:

I had to borrow a phone to take this so the quality isn't so great. (Mine is officially dead. RIP phone.) All that weird green and yellow stuff at the top is just my scrap board so I had something to put my username on without covering up the painting.
Quote:
LOOK! I ARTED THIS!
User name:Nephila
Image:

Where you recruited? If yes, who?: nope
Quote:
LOOK! I ARTED THIS!
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: NOPE
I made tons of different ones of these little cards this year so I figured I'd enter into the contest too :D
Quote:
LOOK! I ARTED THIS!
Image:

Yay! I finished!!
Quote:
LOOK! I ARTED THIS!
User name:XoGIZMOoX
Image: My Dollie Snowflake
[/COLOR]Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited by Linnea; 01-07-2017 at 03:46 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-22-2016, 03:29 AM

Design a Spread

This time of year really promotes decorating, I mean some houses really go overboard... but it just so happens that I really love a good spread. A lot of people decorate fireplaces, tabletops, dining rooms, living rooms, trees, menorahs, or anything else, whatever and wherever. So show me how you decorate for the season! Remember that this is more of an interior design theme, so get decorating!

->Because you have to take a photo of your interior design, this contest also has a photography element and there will be a prize rewarded for particularly eye catching photos taken too, so make it count!<-

ENTRY FORM
Quote:
[COLOR="blue"][B][SIZE="5"]LOOK! I DECORATED THIS![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
Entries:
Quote:
LOOK! I DECORATED THIS!
User name:Woody
Image: My Christmas tree and fantastic sparkle sparkle nutcracker
Proofs
Quote:
LOOK! I DECORATED THIS!
User name: Eastriel
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: Myself

Here is my christmas tree! I'm really proud of it because 90% of the decorations I made myself!

The tree:

Close-ups:

Proof:

I'm having an issue with getting the images to post properly here are direct links:

tree:
http://imgur.com/AybT9cN

Close-ups:
http://imgur.com/tqwkZrY
http://imgur.com/40glYUc

proof:
http://imgur.com/GjGiAIA

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 10:33 AM ----------

and now I think I have entered every section xD
Quote:
LOOK! I DECORATED THIS!
User name:XoGIZMOoX
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: NOPE

YES THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE CANDY UNDER MY TREE IT'S NOT JUST THROWN THERE TO JUNK UP THE PHOTO LOL GIZZIE GIFTED THOSE TO HERSELF :D
CLOSE UP:

PROOF:
MY GIZMO PAPER IS ABOVE BOTTOM AUTOGRAPH PHOTO
Quote:
LOOK! I DECORATED THIS!
Image:

Annd, my Christmas tree. Short, raised on a table, and all non-breakable ornaments so my huge, clumsy, puppy wouldn't destroy them. :)

Last edited by Linnea; 01-07-2017 at 03:42 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-22-2016, 03:42 AM

ALL THE CRAFTS!

This category is pretty much a catch all for all the other things that you users have crafted this holiday season, as this is the best season for making things! Can you knit a hat? Cross stitch? Make a gingerbread house? An ornament? A winter dress for your cat, I dunno, but for all the other things you made, either as gifts for someone else or yourself, do enter!

ENTRY FORM
Quote:
[COLOR="navy"][B][SIZE="5"]LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
Entries:

Quote:
LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
User name: Kiari
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: No, I found you on my own.

LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
User name: Kiari
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: No, I found you on my own.
Quote:
LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: myself!

I think one of the best things about the holidays or winter is hot chocolate. Therefore, I have immortalised it in a hand sculpted candle, scented with vanilla, chocolate and winter spice. I gave this as a gift to my mum!
Quote:
And I just wire wrapped some labrodorite earrings for a gift now so, I'll add those!

LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
User name: Woody
Image:
Proof!
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: no
Quote:
LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
User name: Nephila
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: wut?

Snowflakes :D
Quote:
LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
Image:

Where you recruited? If yes, who?: Myself. xP
Crocheted this hat for my dad for Christmas upon request. :)
Quote:
LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
User name: For-Chan Cookie
Image:
Were you recruited? If yes, who?: No.
I made holiday scented bath bombs for my friends. The pink ones are cinnamon. The green ones are a failed batch of peppermint pine that got re-purposed into fizzy bath salts. The orange ones are orange and clove with orange zest and cloves in them.
Quote:
LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
Image: GIZZIE MADE DOGGIE HATS

Last edited by Linnea; 01-07-2017 at 03:46 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-22-2016, 03:44 AM

And that is it for this time around, my little frozen turnip heads! Get crafting and arting and photographing and recruit your friends! Good luck and I can't wait to see all your creations!

Kiari
XD

Old 12-22-2016, 09:18 PM

YAY!! I'm kind of ready for this. I was hoping there would be some kind of baking category so I snapped photos of a christmas cake I made with my username. Oh well, I'm still gonna do something.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-22-2016, 11:16 PM

oh i tottally have the sculpture one. I just finished making a plushie i'm about to send to a friend in the mail :D

Kiari
XD

Old 12-22-2016, 11:20 PM

Thats great Shadami! I won't have anything for that category, I'm no good at crafts like that.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-22-2016, 11:23 PM

LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name:Shadami
Image:

I made this as a christmas present, I think that's holiday enough :3

Kiari
XD

Old 12-22-2016, 11:24 PM

Thats so cute!!! I wish I could knit like that.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-22-2016, 11:41 PM

It's crochet :] and it was realyl fun.

i have a question. What if I drew a snowglobe for this event so i made it this year. can i use it?

LOOK! I CRAFTED THIS!
User name: Shadami
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: Nope ^-^

Angry owl had that I'm about to male out to the wife of the person i'm sending the moogle. xD

Last edited by Shadami; 12-22-2016 at 11:46 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 01:10 AM

I hope I have time to enter this those prizes are awesome!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 01:46 AM

SHADAMI MADE A MOOGLE! kupo, kupo!

---------- Post added 12-22-2016 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
It's crochet :] and it was realyl fun.

i have a question. What if I drew a snowglobe for this event so i made it this year. can i use it?
Shadami: so you made the snowglobe for this event right now? is it just an outline of a snow globe? if it is, then sure, you can fill it in for one of the categories, that's fine.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 01:58 AM

I made it for my charity thread for this event. i guess i could add something else to it before i submit it.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 02:13 AM

oh so it's not just an outline then? ok, yea, it should be specifically made for this. i'll add that to the top just so it's noted somewhere

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 02:15 AM

Oh my gosh. i forgot to put my name finger into the hat picture... i'm gonna have to take another picture. xD

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 02:19 AM

oh and you could definitely change what you made up a little bit and then enter it, i don't want to discourage creativity!

and you can edit until i update :P

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 02:56 AM

Yeah i just can't believe i forgot to put my username in. i refreshed the ink on my finger and everything before taking the picture. xD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 02:58 AM

If I did some nail art... would that accepted?

I'm feeling the "snow scene" on my nails.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 04:32 AM

YES!! i love nail art! i've been doing that a lot lately to stop my nail biting lol but yes! nail art!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 05:13 AM

Sweet! :D Now to find the time...XD

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 05:31 AM

you can do it!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-23-2016, 06:59 AM

'wants to cry' i wish i had a digital camera..