Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM

Emma Corrin: I will accept the entry if a picture of the kitchen/place it was made is included with your username. I won't require that everything be lined up exactly as it was in the picture, just that it's recognizable as the same place that the pictures of the drink were taken. :3 And remember your username! lol.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM

Definitely!
I'll go take a pic now and set it up!
I really appreciate that <3
Do you want the cup in the picture? Because that's at home and it'll have to wait until I can bring it in tomorrow -- I can get the rest of the stuff into the picture, though :3
Aka -- the cinnamon, whipped cream, the powder for the hot chocolate that i have (I brought a portion of it from home so I'd have it at work), I can add another piece of chocolate to the picture (as the peanut cluster is already eaten), but that's it :3
Is that okay or do you want me to wait until tomorrow for the cup?

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM

I don't need the cup in the picture. The event is ending today anyway I'd rather have all entries in by the time the event ends. It makes judging a wee bit easier. ^^;;

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 PM

Lol Alrighty!
I'll submit the entry in just a sec!
Thank you so much! <3

----------

Quote:
Mellie Mellie I made a...
Category: Drinks
Item pic:

Description: Caramel Turtle Hot Chocolate with a peanut cluster decoration and a whipped cream, cinnamon sprinkle topping. Warmed me and my frozen fingers up at work! At the end is the additional picture with my username since frozen me wasn't thinking and totally forgot to add it to the other images :gonk:

Thank you again for letting me add the last photo!! I took it from a sort of far away angle so you could see the microwave and the table stuff that you see in the other pictures (like the applesauce packages) :3

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
Aww thank you!! *-* It was supposed to make 24 cupcakes but somehow I ended up with only 22, and some of the cups were 1/2 full only! @___@;;

and congrats on mod!
that is really odd, wish, but still super cute none the less... and i tried making mochi once and it was so gross, the texture was like a slab of human flesh :lol: it didn't taste bad but it was so weird lol yours is beautiful!
and thank you! :)

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 AM

Mellie! Do you have a strong north carolina accent? I stopped in a foody place late last night and the waitresses accent was just adorable, and then I realised you're from NC and might have the accent! :P I never expect people to have such strong accents, but I love them. :)

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 AM

Everything looks so good... :drool:
I'm so glad I eat soon!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM

Lol. Springy. I lived in NC I wasn't from there. I was born/grew up in California. So I don't really have an accent, but I can talk like a Valley girl if I want to!

My kids didn't get the accent either. I was kinda worried they would, since it's got a bit of a slow drawl to it...but they all sound pretty Californian as well.

So far my favorite accent is Wisconsin. There's something about the "dontcha knows" that I find both giggle worthy and endearing. xD

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 AM

I never really thought I had an accent. XD

I get pretty random sometimes.
Once a friend said I sounded Irish. I just stared and was all, 'wha? How the heck did I sound Irish??'

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 01:45 AM

My memory sucks, Mel, so I apologise if you've told me that before. xD

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 AM

lol. It's cool Springy. I can't remember if we ever talked about where I was from before. But I knew I'd told you I was living in NC. (:

I think Georgia accents are really cute too.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 AM

MMMM that looks delicious emma!

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-04-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Xyelle View Post
Lol. Springy. I lived in NC I wasn't from there. I was born/grew up in California. So I don't really have an accent, but I can talk like a Valley girl if I want to!

My kids didn't get the accent either. I was kinda worried they would, since it's got a bit of a slow drawl to it...but they all sound pretty Californian as well.

So far my favorite accent is Wisconsin. There's something about the "dontcha knows" that I find both giggle worthy and endearing. xD
lol you're really good at that valley girl accent.

steve has a bit of the wisconsin accent lol. it's funny.

I so want hot chocolate. I still haven't gone to buy any.

wish

Old 01-04-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
that is really odd, wish, but still super cute none the less... and i tried making mochi once and it was so gross, the texture was like a slab of human flesh :lol: it didn't taste bad but it was so weird lol yours is beautiful!
and thank you! :)
i know right?! Odd! i followed the instructions too. Hah.

How did you make your mochi? : D I made my recipe up according to online websites and my uncle who makes mochi for fun. Thank you for your compliments!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-04-2012, 04:24 AM

Sankyuu Roachi!
It was really yummy!!
Cinnamon on hot chocolate - who knew??
I got it from Once Upon A Time - that new series that's on ABC that remakes all of the fairy tales into this huge elaborate story line - such an amazing show haha
Love it <33
Anywho - I saw it on there and tried it on regular hot chocolate, and it was to die for - so I tried it on the caramel turtle hot chocolate and it was even more amazing!
It gives it a nice kick to it and gives it that extra something you always seem to be missing with just regular hot chocolate :3

wish

Old 01-04-2012, 04:26 AM

Mellie~ Mochi is uhm... yeah i don't know how to explain it. xD but here's a link! Mochi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

those mochi in the picture don't look delicious. :(

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 04:31 AM

xD I think I made those on Cooking Mama! lol.

So uh...I still need to finish this "update your entries" thing. I'll get on that since the event is about to end and all. >.>

wish

Old 01-04-2012, 04:35 AM

LOL! Mellie I think I made them on cooking mama too. The balls on a stick right? Haha. Those are mochi but was a different way to make it, same base ingredient though. Kind of like the different ways you can cook ribs: steaming, baking, boiling, etc.

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-04-2012, 04:35 AM

I'm surprised the event is still going. I thought it would be over by now.

I've always been curious on how mochi tastes and how to make it, but at the same time the appearance is kinda a turnoff. And I haven't been able to find glutinous rice anywhere. It took me forever just to find japanese sticky rice.

wish

Old 01-04-2012, 04:38 AM

cloudwalker; i think the texture is what makes some people like it and other not like it. it's definitely different, being all mushy/sticky and all. do you have a china town or an asian supermarket near you? You can find some there. ^^

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-04-2012, 04:43 AM

Our Wegman's has a small (but well supplied variety) section in the far back corner with foreign stuff. That is where I got the sticky rice but they didn't have the glutinous rice.

Other than that there are no stores that supply that kind of stuff.