Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 AM

In celebration of Menewsha's birthday Aloysius and I went shopping for what he calls "plaything". Of course my dear couldn't be satisfied with just one plush. Every time I said no to more plushies he happily toddled over and grabbed another from the shelf and put in the cart. :( So, I ended up purchasing many yumeh plushies. They are currently being held hostage in his room. While he chews through the seams and happily pours Cheerios and milk over one plaything to feed it. There is an opportunity for you to rescue one for yourself. :) You will have to perform a few deeds to travel through the tunnel that will lead you to Aloysius' room.

At present, only 3 kitties are available for rescue. Depending on the success of this there may be more yumeh prizes. A maximum of Ten plushies are available! I'm not adverse to giving out bonus prizes as well. I kindly ask that you only pursue this if you have no other way of obtaining one.

Image found on the interweb and then my terrible attempt to edit for the contest. Pardon the fail. >,>

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 02-01-2012 at 07:54 AM..

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 04:38 AM

The Tunnel!
The Tasks:
1. Create and post your own written work in the Literature Spot Whether it be a poem, short story, or other written work. The subject and content must abide by the ToS and follow the Lit Spot rules. It must be your own work. Previously submitted works are not eligible for this contest. Everyone has an imagination, you just need to tap into it and give yourself time. Also, provide two critiques to any two literary works. Please know that critique involves helpful advice and not scathing criticism.

2. After being distracted and running for your lives from were-moles wander north and to the west where Fresh Meat Forum lies. Welcome at least two new faces. Bonus points for interaction. ;)

3. You're almost there, just a little further. Find a forum that you don't frequent and post in or create a topic (following the guidelines) that interests you. Only one post or topic is necessary.

Last edited by Snowberry; 01-21-2012 at 04:57 AM..

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 04:55 AM

Submissions!

Provide links to the posts involving your journey. Feedback is also appreciated! c:

FORM

Username:
Written Work:
Critique 1:
Critique 2:
Welcome 1:
Welcome 2:
Uncharted Territory:

List of Adventurers:

Dystopia
- Successfully completed the journey! One less plaything for Aloysius to terrorize!
Seito for Iroase Delschatten - Poor Iro suffered a concussion from falling rocks, but Seito continued on! Al was dazzled by the blinding light of friendship bursting into his room and is dazed.
Rozalyne - Bravely tackled the course and swiped her plushie! >3 Al feels something is off, but is not sure what. He clings and babbles to the tormented plaything named Octavius.
Death_to_the_reaper - Arrrrrgghh! Hooked a plushie on her totally legal cave boat. A plushie has been dragged with her to Davey Jones locker and his Cthulhu backup dancers. Al smells something feeshie!
mynanaflirts - Grabs a plushie and runs full throttle in the other direction. Al toddles and tumbles through the room to count the playthings mummy bought him. He becomes distracted by a shiny bottle cap and loses count.
fairywaif-flutters in and spirits away a plushie! Yan is displeased that the tooth fairy did not grant him pizza and shiny coins to save in his belly button. He begins to throw a tantrum.
Crowfeather -quietly sneaks in to swipe a plush and scoots out just as Al's mom comes to put him down for a nap.
Akio Shentoshi- has no trouble securing a yumeh plush while Al sleeps. There is no hope for Octavius. Will the last 2 plushies be rescued in time?

Last edited by Snowberry; 01-26-2012 at 07:34 AM..

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 04:55 AM

Donators to the Cause!

A lovely banner made by Liztress! Yay! Spread the word! Code knowledge from CK. :3

Code:

[url=http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193620][img]http://www.menewsha.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5391&pictureid=51923[/img][/url]

Woot! Roachi has donated two plushies to the cause. Now ten are available for new homes. As of this update there are 7 remaining.

Last edited by Snowberry; 01-23-2012 at 06:04 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-21-2012, 04:59 AM

Gasp 8D <3

I spy a contest!!

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 AM

Yesh, you should try for one. :'3 Hopefully people will enter. Since it's pushing people out of their comfort zone.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-21-2012, 05:27 AM

xD If I have the time I think I will. :3 (But I'm comfortable in all the forums! xD *had at one point or another at least one thread in every forum*)

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 05:37 AM

Really? o': Every nook and cranny? Well, in that case you could always visit the forum you frequent the least.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 AM

Pretty sure. xD <3 Or at least the main ones. Not sure if I ever made a specific thread for media/music section though. xD But yes can. Cause it's been awhile since I've been there xD

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 05:52 AM

Sounds like a plan! :3

How have you been?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-21-2012, 06:02 AM

Swamped with school D: too many assignments and stuffies. Just want to sit and play on mene D:

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 AM

I know what you mean! my classes are all sorted out. What are you taking this semester?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-21-2012, 06:16 AM

Why must school be so hard? D:

I'm actually not sure... xD *just knows the class number not what the actual class is about*

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM

I really think this contest idea is a good one. :)

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-21-2012, 04:25 PM

I wouldn't mind the challenge, but I have a Yumeh plushie already. :) Anyways I hope you have plenty of entries. :D!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-21-2012, 11:15 PM

hummy supports everything Snowie ♥ does!
*goes back to read what she has supported*

your signature still makes me giggle and want to spank something!

----------

hummy loves this idea, Snowie!
would we be able to try for one for our give-away threads, perhaps, Snowie?

*pets her little Yumeh*
since i have one, but know a few people who would love one.....i shall ping some people here to enjoy your deranged creative mind.
*cough, cough*
maybe a combination of both!

Nuruhanj:, @Dami Flagg;~~would you guys like to try Snowie's contest?

Nuruhanj
The Pings Goddess

Old 01-21-2012, 11:58 PM

I dunno, I've to think but I subscribe and maybe enter ^^
ty hummy:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 12:00 AM

you're very welcome, bella♥.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-22-2012, 06:02 AM

Subscribed. :3

Do you have a signature banner people could use? I'd toss it in my signature if I had one. :3 (Please ping me if you make one. I've subscribed, but haven't been managing to get to my subscribed posts lately before logging off for the night. D: )

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 06:45 AM

Aww how cute! What a great idea :)

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 AM

FORM

Username: Dystopia
Written Work:
Critique 1:
Critique 2:
Welcome 1:
Welcome 2:
Uncharted Territory:
Feedback: Thank you for this contest. I think it was a really good idea. If something like this was hosted every time a cash shop item was released, I think people would be a little more supportive about the idea of the cash shop. The cash shop was a bit of a slap in my face, but this eased the red palmprint. I also like that it encourages activity in the lesser known parts of the forums. I especially support more activity in the literature forum.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 PM

*plays catch up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
Why must school be so hard? D:

I'm actually not sure... xD *just knows the class number not what the actual class is about*
Really? That would drive me crazy. I like to be prepared! I have art history and women's studies in literature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
I really think this contest idea is a good one. :)
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
I wouldn't mind the challenge, but I have a Yumeh plushie already. :) Anyways I hope you have plenty of entries. :D!
Thank you! Mention it to anyone you know would like to obtain one. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

hummy supports everything Snowie ♥ does!
*goes back to read what she has supported*

your signature still makes me giggle and want to spank something!

----------

hummy loves this idea, Snowie!
would we be able to try for one for our give-away threads, perhaps, Snowie?

*pets her little Yumeh*
since i have one, but know a few people who would love one.....i shall ping some people here to enjoy your deranged creative mind.
*cough, cough*
maybe a combination of both!

Nuruhanj:, @DamiFlagg;~~would you guys like to try Snowie's contest?
hummy~Thank you! Hmm... I'm on the fence. I don't object to giveaway threads trying, but I know there was at least a handful of people wanting a way to get it for "free". This is sort of a win/win for them and unloved forum spots. If I had more than I would open it up to charity threads. How about if there are any left, I'll donate them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuruhanj View Post
I dunno, I've to think but I subscribe and maybe enter ^^
ty hummy:
It never hurts to try! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Subscribed. :3

Do you have a signature banner people could use? I'd toss it in my signature if I had one. :3 (Please ping me if you make one. I've subscribed, but haven't been managing to get to my subscribed posts lately before logging off for the night. D: )
CK: I have no clue on how to even make one. D': I'm relying on word of mouth. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Aww how cute! What a great idea :)
Thank you! Pass it along! c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
FORM

Username: Dystopia
Written Work:
Critique 1:
Critique 2:
Welcome 1:
Welcome 2:
Uncharted Territory:
Feedback: Thank you for this contest. I think it was a really good idea. If something like this was hosted every time a cash shop item was released, I think people would be a little more supportive about the idea of the cash shop. The cash shop was a bit of a slap in my face, but this eased the red palmprint. I also like that it encourages activity in the lesser known parts of the forums. I especially support more activity in the literature forum.

Dystopia: Wonderful! I love the poem. Your critiques were well rounded with good advice. I think if more people commented on what they read and created a little discussion it wouldn't be a hit-and-run forum. I'm glad that you support the idea of getting out of the comfort zone. I understand, depending on funds/time I might do something like this again for another cash item. You've completed the journey and rescued your own Yumeh plush! He/she is coming to you with a little something extra. :)

Last edited by Snowberry; 01-22-2012 at 02:20 PM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 01-22-2012, 03:06 PM

-approves of contest- :eager:
I hope you get more entries!
Going to put this in my siggy~

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM

I made a small banner for it. Not sure if you'd like it though.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM

Ooo. I clicked Iku's link.
:ninja:
This looks so interesting. I just might do it! :D

Edit:
I love the banner idea Liz!