p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 05:19 PM

((Esmme! :hug: All my favorite RPs have one thing in common... Esmme! :eager:))

After a few minutes, Devin decided she best make her presence more known, before she ended up on the bad side of the captain. She sighed contently, staring out at the ocean for a moment longer, this was truly her home, the only place that ever welcomed her. As she made her way to the main area of the ship, she glanced around at others, giving slight nods here and there instead of hellos. She knew she wasn't dressed much like a pirate, but she also dared someone to say something. This dress had been her lifeline, and until she could get her hands on something else that suited her, she would continue wearing it. Besides, despite it's slightly rugged appearance, it was quite enchanting, to her at least.

Standing in almost the center of the deck, Devin looked around, familiarizing herself with the ship. Ships were all pretty much the same, but if this was going to be her home for a while, and she was going to be of any help, she might as well take a look around. Devin wasn't the strongest person on the ship, nor was she the biggest. In fact, she was quite dainty. She had curves, but not overly so, and muscle, but, not really. The only reason she'd probably even been accepted for the job was the fact that she spoke almost any language familiar to the caribbean, from Spanish, to French, to Portuguese, among others. Her father had taught her in their travels, anything she hadn't picked up from her life as a pirate, she was taught. Devin also knew any and everything there was to know about a ship and how to run it, which was a plus for anyone looking for a crew.

Brushing a strand of blonde hair from her face, she wondered what her shipmates were going to be like and if she was going to get along with any of them. Devin seemed quiet, standoffish and almost cold. But it was only a front. Her attitude was the only thing that she had in a pirate's life, especially since she was a female, a small and beautiful one at that.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 12-29-2011 at 05:21 PM..

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 12-29-2011, 06:56 PM

((D'aw. . . . :oops: Flattery! LOL!! So true, though! My favorite rps have Scarlett and Kya. :D lolz))

With a smile that matched Codette's, Laiden shrugged. It was true: he was rarely seen away from Fenris' side. When the woman asked if she could do anything for him, the youth shook his head. Finding a place to sit and continue watching her, Laiden kept his smile. It was then that he pointed to one of the mapping tools, confusion filling his gaze. Looking to Codette for clarification, he seemed to be asking what it was.
-

((Fenris is wandering about on deck again. :lol: Not really sure what to post with him, since he isn't the kind of guy who would talk to anyone. He's happy enough being on his own.))

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 PM

((Hmm I could have Marquet talk to Fenris if you'd like (: And thanks Esmme my favorite Rps have you in them as well! ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM

Codette glanced over following Laiden's finger. "Oh! My tools." She dug out one of her maps, and some tools. She set them on the table where Laiden could see them. "Alright, here we have a map the Carribean." She pointed to approxamtely their current location. "We're here, and destination is here." she pointed to Santo Domingo. "Now using the sextent and the compass, I can give a rough estimate of how long it will take us to reach our destination. It's a rough estimation because the weather can throw all sorts of fun little tricks. Now if we follow this course here-" Codette dipped the end of her quill into the small bottle of ink she kept in her bag, and dotted a path onto a piece of transparent paper that she held over the map. "-We'll arrive at Santo Domingo in three days, with fair weather that is. Rough weather can either blow us further on our course or completely off of it." She was happy explaining her trade to Laiden.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 PM

((Heyyy after a ffew more posts im gonna have them start heading for port Principe so once your characters have their stuff on a cot have em go on the main deck ^^))

Esmme

Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 AM

((Alrighty!))

Fenris slowly made his way back to where Marquet stood. His scowl darkened as he approached with a question weighing heavily on his mind. "Why are there so many women on the ship, captain?" The dark-skinned male still had his fists clenched, and he glared at the boy that had been bothering Codette below deck. When they met gazes, the youth turned tail and headed to the other end of the ship. "It's a distraction for the crew."
-

As he listened, Laiden leaned forward to look at the dotted line that Codette drew. A slight smile graced his lips, and he nodded in understanding. Pointing to their destination, the youth tilted his head. Looking ready for a story (perhaps one what she knew of what was going to happen once they got there), the dark-haired male sat on a nearby cot and watched the woman with an uncanny interest.
Once again, he looked more interested in how the woman spoke than the actual words she was saying. His light blue eyes filled with curiosity as he perched on the edge of the cot, his bare feet keeping him steady against the rocking of the ship. As long as he was occupied, he didn't have to worry about getting sick. Hopefully.

((:XD Joseph isn't going to be talking to Codette anytime soon . . . hopefully she's good at reading the intentions of his questions! LOL))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 PM

Marquet rolled his eyes. "Fenris, there's only about 6 women in a 87 people crew, filled with men." He said, grinning. "Then don't let them distract you." He said, watching him walk off. The man leaned against the rudder, waiting for everyone to come to the main deck. Hopefully Fenris' little purse of a boy could handle feeding Scarlett. If not he'd give the job to Fenris . . who wasn't so caring. If she gave Fenris any crap she'd be out of food for weeks. He smirked lightly and glanced down at his crew.

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-01-2012, 12:40 AM

((sorry for not replying sooner!! just to inform you all, I work 4-5 days a week, 12hour shifts.... i try to post when I can, and when i can't, it's usually because I'm passed out. ANYWAYS, typing a post now!!!)

Sitting in some bushes a few yards away from the ship that many were boarding and held the blood line of Blackbeard, Jack watched the scene pondering his move. "Alright, here's the plan. We board the ship, take the girl related to Blackbeard and leave without being noticed.... wait, that may be a little difficult. OH! I know! we can wait for the ship to set sail, climb aboard unnoticed, pretend to have been there all along, and when the time is right, take the girl related to Blackbeard and get away." He looked to his right, almost like he was expecting someone to be there next to him. A look of disappointment came over him as he remembered no one was with him and he stood up and walked out of the bushes and over to a dock with a one man boat tied up to it. Jack looked around, not seeing anyone that looked as if they would claim the boat. He untied it and stepped in, pushing it away from the dock with a foot and "setting sail" to get somewhat ahead of the ship he was planning to board in the near future.

He opened his compass, looking at the needle that pointed in the direction the treasure laid. Jack then opened the sail of the boat and got out of sight of land in no time. When he was satisfied with his location, he pulled the sail up and dropped the few sandbags tied to the boat overboard so that he would stay in the general area.

Last edited by TearRose; 01-01-2012 at 01:30 AM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-01-2012, 01:00 AM

((Kay (: Just jump in however it easiest for you. Would you like an update?))

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 AM

((i got it. i've read everything and even posted!!!))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-01-2012, 01:44 AM

((Kay (: Good first post. I forgot you were playing Jack :3 ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 03:22 PM

(I'm so sorry! I had one hell of a weekend ^.^')

Codettes eyes were soft as Laiden, she tried to read him, what he may be asking. "Thats Santo Domingo... Oh! You want to know what will happen in Santo Domingo?" Codette sat down next to the boy, and played with her compass. "Well when we reach Domingo, we'll... pursuade the Miss Scarlett to give us the next direction of the puzzle. See she's our map. Without her the treasure is lost, never to be found."
The girl sighed and put down the tool. "I don't even care about the treasure." she gave a little laugh. "Don't tell anyone-" she winked at Laiden "-but I'm here for the adventure and freedom. Gold and jewels mean nothing to me." Codette cleaned up her tools, and put them away.

Esmme

Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM

Fenris narrowed his eyes again, shaking his head. "They don't bother me," he said, and then silenced. Sounding defensive would do nothing to help his current situation. The tall male sighed, leaning against the railing beside Marquet. "It's been a long time since we've sailed together, captain." Indeed, it had been years. The two had been good friends a few years back, and Fenris recalled when he had last boarded a ship with Marquet. It had been quite the wild ride.
"I don't see any of your old crew. Did you manage to lose them all?"

-

When the woman seemed to figure out what he was asking, Joseph smiled a bit. Listening to Codette speak of the treasure, Laiden's eyes seemed to light up. His blue gaze was wide, almost childish, for a few moments. But then he nodded solemnly when she got to the part about Scarlett. The Blackbeard was the key, and he knew that that meant (or, he thought he did). The teen's smile widened when Codette laughed and shared her secret. Freedom and adventure were her current motivations. They were almost the same as Fenris'. The thought made the youth laugh quietly before returning to silence.
As Codette put the tools away, Laiden observed quietly. The treasure was a great motivation to most of the crew, and even Joseph felt that. With the earnings of this particular trip, he knew that Fenris could buy a new home somewhere instead of living off the streets. That would mean no more cold floors and wet blankets; it would supply a better stage of life. Laiden thought about this for a few moments before reaching up to the thin cord about his neck. Pulling a small blue stone out from under his loose-fitting shirt, the youth waited until Codette was close again to show her. It was a valuable thing, that little stone, and it was a mystery as to how such a teen had attained it.

As always, Joseph didn't speak. Instead, he held a finger to his lips. Codette shared a "secret" with Laiden, and in return he trusted her with his. He'd always found women more easy to trust, anyway. The glint of the lamp sparkled deep within the rough-hewn crystal. It was the same pale blue as the youth's eyes. This small object was his world: the last remnants of his family.

((^_^ Delays aren't terrible! :lol: We all do it. *blush*))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-03-2012, 01:36 PM

Marquet glared. "My crew's here somewhere!" He chuckled, taking a swig of rum from the canteen at his side. "CREWWWWWWWWW." He yelled, watching as a few of them started to come up from the bottom of the ship. He sighed. "Were about to set sail. Someone pull up the anchor." He said, waiting until one of the crew members did as such. Then he commanded them to let the sails down, and BAM. They were on their way. He pulled out what he had so far of his map and pointed the ship in the direction his compass told him was the right way to Puerto Principe. It was to the north east, so that was a start. Now all they had to do was feed Scarlett, and get her to discuss the map with them.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Codette had a soft smile on her lips. She enjoyed spending time with the boy. Laiden may not speak, but some how his eyes told stories. When she was done packing her belongings, she looked back at Joseph and noticed him holding something.
The girl moved closer, brushing errant curls off her face. "What is that?" she asked, sitting down beside him. "It's beautiful. Is it your treasure? Oh, it's a secret? I told you mine so you're sharing yours with me?" Her caramel eyes softened to almost a honey colour. "Thank you-for sharing with me." On impulse, she kissed the top of the boys head, and giggled softly. She was confused as to why she felt like taking care of the boy. Perhaps because he reminded her of her little brother, even though he would only be 17 by now.

Codette looked up with a start when the Marquet hollered. "Come on, we should get on deck." she rolled her eyes. There really wasn't much she could do on deck. Perhaps tying down the sails, she was a decent climber.

Last edited by Codette; 01-16-2012 at 06:59 PM..

Esmme

Old 01-03-2012, 10:12 PM

Joseph took to Codette faster than he took to most women. She didn't sit there just to fondle his hair and say how strange he acted, or point out that he didn't speak and how "he should act his age!" Laiden found that the woman was easy to get along with, and pleasant on the eyes. When she kissed his his, the teen laughed again. She was nice.
When he heard the captain call for the crew, Joseph stood and slid the crystal back under his shirt. It was moments before they were both headed for the main deck. His blue eyes flickered to Marquet and Fenris before he nudged Codette's hand. With a genuine smile, he stepped over to Fenris' side and sat nearby.

Fenris smiled wryly as the crew came out of the wood-works. He sent a glance toward Laiden as he moved beside Codette, a frown marring his brow. When the teen sat beside him, Fenris nudged him with his boot. "I thought I told you to stay away from her, boy."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 PM

Marquet stared at his crew weakly. He rolled his eyes a t their appearances and then sucked in a deep breath of sea air. "Okay here's how things go. Do as I say at all times. Mock me and your thrown overboard, and NEVER assume anything while your on my ship." He said, staring at a few pirates that had been playing with a little monkey. "Oh, and I know most of you weren't educated.. but please, have a little sense." He said, smirking when the man stopped playing with the monkey.

"Okay. Now once were close to Puerto Principe i'll be needing someone to go down to the hold and get the rest of the map out of this girls mouth. Do whatever is needed. Your chance at being rich beyond belief depends on this girl! Do not trust her! And never let her get to you. Shes a temptress." He spat. "Threaten to kill someone on the ship if you must but we have to figure out the rest of the map. But whoever does it make sure your easily trusted." He said, his eyes glancing around. "So who thinks they can get the girl to speak?" He asked, eyes narrowed. He already knew the girl wanted him dead. But who on this ship had the appearance of someone easily trusted? Definitely not Fenris. He'd probably just piss her off..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Devin had been leaning against the mast when Marquet called everyone to hear him speak. Her curiosity about this Blackbeard was killing her. Slipping quickly behind the crowd, she intended on meeting the girl and seeing who she was, maybe striking a deal with her, information, to help her escape. But Devin needed to hurry. She knew someone would be coming down soon to talk to the girl, and she didn't want to be caught down there when they did.

Moments later, Devin was standing in front of the cell that held the ships prisoner. She watched her for a moment, feeling bad, but quickly shrugged it off. Better her than you, she thought to herself. "Scarlett?" she started, not offering her own name in return, to be sure she wouldn't know who to rat on, should she decide to rat. "I overheard them talking about you on deck." She wasn't looking for a response, she was merely stating a fact. "You should eat. If you kill yourself in here, you'll never have a chance to escape." Devin shrugged again, at least that's how she saw it.

She waited to see if Scarlett would say anything before offering up her plan. If she would tell Devin what she knew, she would help her to escape as soon as they docked next. But if the girl seemed untrustworthy, Devin would have to go about this a different way, but she hoped not. The two of them teaming up would be a lot more beneficial in the long run.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-03-2012, 11:37 PM

Scarlett looked over at the girl. Her vision of the girl had black lines running through her from the bars. "But if I kill myself my blood will run cold before you get to the end of the map. Without me you can't even get to the treasure." She said, a sad smile on her face. "Besides. The food Marquet brings me is already spoiled. He knows how much I dislike him.. So he waits for my food to rot until he brings it to me. So I just leave it sit where he lays it." She said, her emerald eyes glancing to the pile of food in the corner.

"To escape someone would have to let me out." She said, her thin eye brows going up slightly as if to question the girl. She glanced to the keys that were hanging on a hook behind the girl. "I knew they'd be talking about me soon.. they'll be trying to get the map out of me soon enough. It's a shame for them that I don't know it by heart." She said, looking down at herself. She had never seen the map completely because the map was tattooed on her body. When she was fourteen her grandfather came to Santo Domingo in hopes of giving her the map. But when she refused to take it, knowing it would put her in danger.. he kidnapped her and had it tattooed to her body. All along her back and right side was a treasure map. Luckily her attire hid it. For she wasn't going to tell them anytime soon that she was a living, breathing map to the largest treasure in the world.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 11:54 PM

Devin's eyes followed Scarlett's to the plate of rotten food in the corner. It was disgusting and made her scrunch her nose, she wouldn't have eaten it either. "But if you live, maybe someone can help you get out of this place," Devin said. Her eyes darted towards the door as if to make sure no one had entered before she spoke again. "What if I said I'd make sure you received good food, and helped you escape once we dock? In return, you tell me what you know about where the treasure is located, maybe even work with me to get there."

For her plan to work, Scarlett would have to lie to the others about the location, or at least about what she knew of it, but that was obvious. For now, Devin said nothing else, she knew she was already crossing a line, being on someone else's ship, doing things behind their back. It wasn't like she planned to kill the captain or anything, at least that wasn't in the plan yet.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 AM

((Omg I love your signature!! (: ))

"Hmm." Scarlett said, her eyes staring intensely at the girl. "I'll consider your offer. Come back sometime tomorrow and i'll tell you my decision." She said, knowing this could very well be a trap. She ran her hand through her dark, wavy hair and let her emerald eyes fall once again to the floor. "Don't worry, I won't be telling anyone where the treasure is." She said, to reassure the girl that even if she hadn't agreed to an alliance with her yet, she wouldn't be telling the crew about the treasures whereabouts anyways.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 AM

((It's on a random loop of my favorites, lol which one was it?))

Devin nodded in compliance to Scarlett. She would be back later in the evening, once everyone was asleep to bring the girl something to eat, knowing she must be starving, weather she wanted to kill herself or not. If she didn't have an answer for her then, Devin would allow her until tomorrow like she'd asked before pursuing her. Without another word, Devin turned on her heel and left before she found herself caught down there. She made her way back on deck, her eyes darting around to see if anyone had noticed her slip away.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-04-2012, 03:04 AM

(The: My mom always told me you are what you eat. Funny but I haven't eaten any smexi beasts lately Lol ))

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 AM

As the larger ship drew closer to his, Jack hoisted the sandbags out of the water and grabbed the rope used to tie the boat to the dock. The man tied a knot at the end of it and swung the rope around to the side of him. at the right moment, he tossed it towards a piece of decoration, catching it and pulling it snug. Jack then climbed up the rope and into a small window on the lower level of the ship. When he stood up after falling to the floor, he brushed himself and his hat off before placing his hat upon his head once more. The Captain looked around at the luggage and then the cell. He walked towards it looking at the girl inside. "You must be the blood of Blackbeard," he stated, looking her over. The man almost had to bite his tongue to keep from saying she was absolutely gorgeous. Mainly because he didn't want to scare her.
"Do you know the captain of the ship and anyone that may be somewhat of an issue when I rescue you?" he then asked, playing like he was there only to rescue her and not just take her to get the treasure for himself.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-04-2012, 03:51 AM

"Everyone on this ship is bound to have a problem if you take me." She said, a smirk on her ruby red lips. "But you can try. Though I might as well tell you now. I have no treasure map." She lied. But of course this man wouldn't know she had the map tattooed all along the right side of her body. Her long black eye lashes fluttered a few times. "But alas, you've come through the window thats in my cell. And the keys to my chains are outside of the cell.. So it looks like you'll have to climb up to the main deck to come back down and grab the keys from over there." She said, nodding her head in the direction of the keys on the hook.