Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-18-2013, 10:09 PM

Ceri giggled softly. She swayed her head softly as to tickle to other girl with her long hair. "Summer was a boring dull like every year. Too much sunlight makes wonderful shadows, but also makes it difficult to go anywhere in said shadows!" Ceri rolled her eyes. She hated summer. Days were too long and often bright- hurting her eyes.

Rini moved happily until Talka rested her head on Ceri's shoulder. The Shade girls body belonged to the snake- or so she believed. If it was physically possible for a snake to make a face resembling a pout, Rini was doing it.

"Rini, you can share." Ceri thought it was odd to tell a snake to share her with others, but she didn't mind. "So how bad was your summer? You totally should've visited, I could've used the distraction." She giggled.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Talka 'Tay' Aruzhan
"Terrible, people kept telling me to mind my manners as usual. Oooh maybe we should arrange another party, that should liven things up again! A freshmen mixer. Yeah.. I can get that by hope." Tay responded excitedly, changing the subject as the other woman brought up a visit. She usually did, which was odd considering she was normally so open about everything. She also didn't talk about her family very much or even home. She preferred talking about school and parties and the like. She just had more fun doing so. She had little interest in those back home, and they had even less interest in her. It wasn't that they hated each other. They just had little use for her, the child of her father's first marriage to a now deceased mixed blood woman and she had no use for their secretive nature. Still, her father loved her and after her mother's death had become hopelessly over protective of her. It was just too difficult to explain along with other issues...

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-18-2013, 10:56 PM

Ceri looked at her friend. "Because you have no manners Tay. Thats why they keep telling you to mind them. Do what
I do. Play nice when your at home, then do whatever you want when they're away."
Ceri stopped short at the mention of a party. "That would be pretty sweet, maybe show the other Day students that us Night kids aren't to scary." The girl laughed. "Oh please, like you can't weasel whatever you want out of the teachers. We both know if theres anyone on campus that gets what they want its you. Simply because you wouldn't accept less." Ceri understood that there was no use in trying to pry into Tays home life. Not that she would, Ceri also had secrets from home, better left locked inside. Making sure her parasol was still covering her, she jogged the few steps she fell behind from Tay.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Talka 'Tay' Aruzhan
"What do you mean? I'm an angel" She responded innocently as she batted her long dark lashes at the other woman. She grinned within a moment, but let the remark about home pass. She was a good actress, it was one of her main activities. She was in the acting club at school in fact, and studied ballet, dancing, and kick boxing so there were few roles she could not pull off. Outside of a play, however, she just had little interest in pretending to be someone she wasn't. If it was so terrible they could just send her away, some of her siblings might have preferred it. It was hard to say, just like her step mother most of them were distant and polite, all well trailed little pure-bloods except for a step brother of hers. She would be herself, no matter what. And Tay was more interested with parties then manners at the moment, though she did pause as the other girl tried to fall behind her. She'd still been holding onto her shoulders so the sudden stop made her almost fall, which caused her tail to wrap around the other woman for balance.

"What's up? You don't want to party dear? I can do it another night, might as well give Ms. Hope an opportunity to beat me to it for once if my best gal can't be there." She asked curiously, with a bit of teasing in her voice. She turned those keen blue eyes on the other woman in thought. It wasn't like her to just stop. Still she had a point, though Tay doubted her will had anything to do with it. Her father was friends with Ms. Hope from what she understood.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 PM

Audran smiled as he began to lead the way to the dojo, finding Iri's company pleasurable. She certainly had a strange ability to take away the tension in almost any situation merely by being there. "That's okay, Iri. I wouldn't know how to put my thoughts into words to be honest," he said, walking up to the doors of the dojo. "And you're not dumb; just innocent. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. It's a blessing, not a curse." At the end of his little rant, he blushed, feeling a tad self-conscious. He really hadn't meant to say anything like that. Oh well, he thought, opening the door and holding it for Iri to enter first.

Perhaps a tad surprisingly, the lights were already on, revealing the various straw dummies sitting around, some with buckets on their heads or wearing other pieces of makeshift armor. Overall, the place was far from elaborate. The school was supposed to be teaching the kids about peace after all, right? Well, they still thought that students should be able to protect themselves, even if they didn't actively maintain that stance or support the program in the school itself. So long as they had a place to exercise the body and purify the mind, Audran didn't particularly care how fancy it was.

"Have you been waiting long, Tali?" he called out, heading over to the rack of practice swords before choosing his favorite. He had practiced with it every time the year before, the sword having been the perfect weight and balance for him. "I hope you haven't gotten rusty over the summer. This is Iri by the way. I offered to let her watch."

Immediately after she had passed Iri and Adela, Tali had made her way to the dojo, feeling that it would be the perfect place to wait for the school to actually start. Hardly anybody ever actually went over to the dojo after all. She had figured that Audran would have made his way over, and so she had begun reading a sinister-looking book while she waited. It contained several spells, as well as some more advanced magical techniques. Her master had given it to her at the end of the summer, instructing her to study it well during the school year. Honestly, it meant a lot to her that he trusted her well enough to give her such a thing.

Her reading was interrupted by the arrival of Audran, who went over to the swords almost immediately upon entering. "Not really," she said, frowning a bit as she noticed the fairy girl. Tali wasn't one for socializing, and she didn't particularly care for having an audience, but it was no matter. "I've stayed in practice." With that, she closed her book and set it aside, casting a ward over it to keep anyone from stealing it, before heading down to grab her own practice sword. They were all roughly the same, at least in design. The only differences between any two were the weight and balance of the swords. She grabbed hers, automatically gravitating towards it like Audran had to his and went to the circle in the middle of the room, directly opposite Audran.

Ceremoniously, they bowed to each other before adopting their stances. They circled each other, eyes rapidly scanning each other for a flaw in their defense. Suddenly, Audran shot forward, swinging his sword upwards with graceful lethality. Tali blocked it with her own sword, the clash of steel on steel resounding the dojo. They continued to exchange strikes for a few seconds before breaking and circling each other again, sweat dripping down off of their faces. The first set had been a test, both combatants checking to see if the other was as good as they remembered. Unanimously, they concluded that, yes, the other was just as good.

The next time they clashed, it was Tali who initiated the engagement, swinging her sword downward with just as much strength and grace as Audran had done, though her movement had a more... savage feel to it. He blocked and parried, setting them into the flurry of attack and counterattack that they had been in before. This one lasted longer though, both sides giving just as much as they got as they watched for the one mistake that would give them victory. Eventually, it happened: Tali's blade hit Audran's at the wrong angle, staggering her and giving him an opening. As he swung for the kill, she managed to get her sword out and strike him at the same moment that he struck her, resulting in a tie.

The duo broke, both leaning on their swords as they recovered, breathing heavily and sweating freely. "I had you there you know," he said, shaking his head slightly. Tali just shrugged in response, a smirk on her delicate face. In real combat, he would be right, but it wasn't really combat, so it didn't matter. It was a draw, fair-and-square. "So, Iri, how was the show? Good, I hope."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-19-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Iris 'Iri' Tien
"Hehe... It's kinda weird ... to hear you and Adela say something so alike. You're so different, but she doesn't like when I call myself dumb either. She say's i'm just naive and she wishes she could be too, whatever that means. Anyway, If you do figure out how to put it into words or just want to talk about nothing at all the offer will stand." She responded cheerfully after a small very girlish giggle. Iri was indeed such a classic fairy, even her bell like laugh seemed to be like old stories of them though that wasn't always the case. It helped that it made her happy to find something good in everyone, but with Audran it was easy. He was so cute and sweet, though she had never seen him blush before. She briefly wondered why but soon they were at the dojo. Tali's darker air didn't seem to bother her at all.

"Hello Tali! I can't wait to watch." She greeted the other woman and gave her one of her warm smiles. She really did enjoy the idea of watching them and spending time with them both. She wanted to know Tali too, simply because of all the times she'd seen the other woman look like she wanted to talk to others. It made Iri's heart hurt to see that lonely look in any one's eyes... She'd been told it was dangerous how much abuse she'd put up with to try and erase that lonely look. Maybe they were right... but that never stopped her stubbornness. She was a simple woman but a determined one whose dream happened to be to fill every area she went to with smiles and flowers. Still, the fight had been fun to watch too. They seemed so elegant... Like dancers. They equaled Talka's dance and theater performances in grace and that was no easy task. Iri herself had always been a bit of a klutz herself so always admired people who could move like that.

"Oh it was a lot of fun! Watching you both was breathtaking. I wish i was even half as graceful." She responded honestly with deep admiration filling her voice. She smiled warmly at them then, unable to keep her warmth from her voice. She let herself fall into a thought a moment. She had an idea but wasn't sure if they would like it. Still it was something she would like to do... and it was kinda a tradition with her. She did something similiar for all the performers of a show too.

"Um.... I like to give winners and performers a bouquet of flowers. Since you two tied.. would it be okay if I gave you both one? I mean... if either of you are allergic I can play with some plant magic to make sure they won't bother you. It's the one thing I'm actually good at."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-20-2013, 06:45 AM

Lune moved gracefully across the school grounds, each step was taken with perfect poise as she moved, her dress made a soft swishing sound as the hem brushed against the grass. The elegantly dressed therian was barefoot beneath that dress though. She had been in her room, putting things away in their proper places, making sure everything was nice and neatly organized when the text message had come through on her phone. A quick read, and then Lune had grabbed the parasol that matched her dress and was out the door in a matter of moments. She had slowed her pace once she was in the public eye. Well, where others could openly see her. Her posture was straight, and she moved almost as if she knew exactly where she was going. She figured the person she was looking for might be in the garden, but she wasn't to sure. A bit of relief filled Lune when she finally spotted Adela in the garden. Delicately, Lune moved to sit on the bench next to Adela, those lips parting slightly, Lune hesitated a moment, before that feminine voice left those lips. "Is everything alright?" Those eyes were slightly downcast and her hands were clasped gently around her cell phone.

After a few more moments of playing, Keri's song soon came to an end. He leaned back against the tree he sat under, eyes open and on the nymph before him. He offered a slight smile. "Well, did you like it, did you hate it? Tell me how you honestly feel about it." He was rather direct, but he didn't sound eager, in fact he almost sounded like he really didn't care one way or the other if she had liked his music or not. He cared a little bit, but really the important thing was that he liked it and it was his song.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-20-2013, 08:30 AM

Ryota didn't let her correction of her name bother him, after all he only stuck to formalities when in front of others, like the staff, students, and parents, much like he did with his human form. His long ear twitched a bit, as did his nose, he could feel that something was off, this caused him to shift slightly in his seat, clearly not focusing on his book anymore. "What is wrong, CeCe?" he asked her, of course his calculating eyes did not miss a beat or a look on the female's face as he sat up to take his files from her. He skimmed them over easily before it seemed as if his black fur went grey, he had heard that there was a student in the school that was his complete opposite but he had not ever thought he would be face to face with her. "A Felicasso.....is this some sort of joke?" he asked her as he held up the file, giving her a look as if to say, really, your trying to kill me aren't you. He soon stupid up and moved over towards her after setting the files back onto her desk, smiling down at her softly. "Celia...you should take a break. Get some air, maybe go to a club with me. I know a great one that my cousins own if you want." he said to her with a smile, slipping back into his human form before he brushed the hair away from her face. He was always fond of her, after all she didn't try to kill him or treat him different just because of the fact that he unlike most others, came from an animal instead of a human.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM

Ceri shook her head laughing. "No we totally should have a party! Let the Day and Night students mingle more." The Shade wrapped her arm around her friends waist.
Rini slithered her way down Ceri's arm and up Tay's body to rest across her shoulders.
"Oh thank the darkness. You're getting heavy Rini! Maybe you need to diet instead of me." Ceri rolled her eyes, and looked at Tay again. "You should plan this party. If you do everyone will come and it will be amazing!"

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-20-2013, 06:09 PM

"Well... we are feykin after all," Audran replied, taking a deep breath. "Typically, all creatures of the fey have a naturally inhuman grace about them. Even you move with more grace than a human." Tali nodded a bit as if to confirm what he had said, though she didn't say anything herself. She was at least tolerating the social interaction though, so he guessed that was a plus. Normally, she would have vanished into the shadows, metaphorically of course. The drow were certainly good at using the shadows to put on an air of mystery though.

"I don't see that there would be a problem with that, Iri. It's a fantastic idea," he replied, nodding. It certainly was typical of her to do something kind like that for someone else, so he didn't really want to dampen her good mood. Tali tensed up like she was surprised before managing a shaky nod of her own. She wasn't really talkative at all, was she? Oh well, he supposed that was to be expected of someone who belonged to a race known for their cruelty and their savage grace. They weren't looked the most kindly upon to put it mildly.

He looked around for a moment while he waited for a response, his sharp eyes picking out the book that Tali had been reading as a tome of magic. That was interesting, and he couldn't help the smile that formed on his face as a brilliant idea occurred to him. "Tali, we should try to have a magic duel at some point," he said, smiling even wider. "It would be great practice, don't you think?" Again, she only nodded in response, though she did look vaguely surprised, and pleased, at the idea.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-21-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Adela Talonn
"Of course little dove, The dear prince just left me a message is all." She responded to the therian as she turned an absent gaze from the butterflies now around the honey heart to the pink princess. That perceiving gaze met the other's gray blue eyes without hiding the panther therians predatory nature, a simple honest acknowledgement of the dove. Most found the look intimidating as their instincts felt her beast peeking out at them, which of course just made the weaker ones at court hate Adela all the more. Still it was quickly replaced with the rather emotionless look that Adela usually wore. She had no interest in scaring her pretty little bird right now.

She was not surprised she had been the one to come... as a dove the other woman had few ways to protect herself so would likely be most afraid. In fact Adela was certain that's why they were 'friends' so had expected the girl to come. She would not be much use in this fight but the princess had other uses as well as a good promise of loyalty. It helped that Adela knew the other woman's secret and biggest fear not that Adela had told her. She would save it for when she had a use for it, as to her the other woman was still just a pawn though she never refused a good pawn in the chess match otherwise known as her life. It was a simple business like exchange and she saw no reason to pretend otherwise, she would protect the ...woman for her obedience as she did any other therian pawn in exchange.

Of course, Adela being adela she would likely never believe the girl more then another using her for her connections and power.... or at least attempting to. Many had found out through experience that it often ended up the other way around. She was sure that this little game would end the same way and that made her smile slightly as her gaze slipped back to the colorful butterflies. It appeared she was watching them for fun but the dove would likely know by now that Adela did nothing without purpose.

Quote:
Instructor Ciela Hope
"Magilupus and Felicasso need to learn peace with each other as much as anyone else does. Their personal war as is foolish as the main war was. Peace is the point of this school after all. Besides... Aruzhan keeps the other Felicasso pretty cooperative, I believe she thinks that's why I let her hold all her parties and so on." She responded with a distant wave of her hand to his remark of concern. Her father's family had been friends with the Aruzhan's for some time so she knew Talka's father well. He had requested she be gentle with Talka. Normally such personal favors were not in her nature but it had turned out such leniency worked out for her and the school. The girl seemed very good at organizing events and it made the students feel more in control which made them be more emotionally invested in the schools success. So she let Talka have her parties as long as she made sure students respected curfew and kept fights from breaking out. Ms. Hope knew letting Talka think she was getting away with something, however, sparked more fire in the girl so would generally give her a little resistance. She half smiled at the thought but returned to the man in front of her. He had a question after all.

"I'm alright... Just a little tired. Some parents of a couple new pure blood students made a little bit of a fuss and required some personal attention." She answered quietly with a sigh. The therian student and his family had thought they were loyalty.... and then a minor scuffle had broken out, then she'd had to clear up the hurt feelings. It had been a pain and she'd barely arrived back home in time. She may have once again fell into thought but she found herself.. distracted. The ice queen almost blushed at the unexpected touch and gazed up at his now handsome human form. He really wasn't playing fair to suddenly shift like that she thought absently as she tilted her head towards the simple touch absently. When you expect to see a rabbit, suddenly finding a handsome man touching you was a little hard to get use to. She still hadn't yet, despite being perfectly comfortable to him. Still she recovered herself and cleared her throat softly.

"Thank you for your offer but it's probably not a good idea. I would not want to give the other teachers or the students any sort of impression that I may be providing.... favoritism to any of the teachers." She responded crisply, her business like tone returning. She was always a little afraid to get to close to someone considering the political tensions she was always trying to handle. There was a reason that during the school year she spent most of her time locked up in her office or conferencing. She didn't really have a social life outside of that... except maybe with the man before her who insisted on treating her so carefully. She did appreciate it really and she offered him a brief smile to show it.

Quote:
Talka 'Tay' Aruzhan
"You really do flatter me, little vixen" She teased softly in response as she let out a warm laugh. The shade really was fun to hang with, and she took all of Tay's sexual teasing in stride. Tay could not deny her accuracy either, her parties had become rather well known. The only real difficulty was beating out her other parties, though that might not be needed now. The freshmen mixer this would essentially be, a party to introduce everyone, would need to be fairly tame. She didn't want to startle someone and end up starting a fight. You never could predict people's family situations or what they'd want to fight... but she tended to be able to make it a nice comfortable party.

"Wait? Are you thinking of going on a diet? You can't! I want to prepare some of your favorite foods for the party! Besides you're sexy as is." She added as she noticed what the other woman said and pouted at the other woman. She only glanced at the snake as it climbed on her shoulders. She winked at it as she leaned into the other womans embrace before she returned her gaze to her. She wasn't much of a cook but she did like organizing the food so generally found out various peoples allergies and likes. She even always made sure that none of the utensils had silver or iron to make sure the therians and fay would be safe. She was as obsessive over her parties as she was over her performances. It was just her nature to do things perfectly or not do the at all.

"That reminds me, I wonder if Ms. Hope has all the food allergies yet?" She murmured, briefly looking serious. It was a rare sight to see, except when she was dancing. Her face was still expressive and passion filled but there was also a focus and precision in the back of her eyes that showed her love of it. Releasing energy through the motions always made her feel better and that was what it had started as but now mixing her various dance styles and kick boxing to form her own style had become her passion. It was one of the few solitary activities she truly enjoyed.

Quote:
Iris 'Iri' Tien
"Me graceful? Nahhh..... I'm a kluts most of the time. I'm not a pure blood though so maybe that's why? Who knows." She responded with another laugh. Unlike many others from such strong families she had no problem admitting she wasn't a pure blood despite being close enough to 'pass'. Iri was just as happy to have the small bits of distant human blood and even smaller bits of nymph blood in her family as the fairy. As far as she was concerned every race was special and important to the balance of the earth. So she mentioned her lack of purity with a smile and even a sense of pride. Still the smile became a positively beaming one as the two confirmed she could make them some.

"Oh, that should be wonderful! Would you like to look at some flowers with me? Then it'll be really easy to find the ones that match you." She exclaimed to the other two as she clapped her hands. She was truly very happy that she could have fun with the elves. They both seemed really nice, though to be fair she thought most people were nice. She even thought Adela was nice even if there were times it felt like the therian didn't want her too. She wasn't really thinking of Adela right now though, more the flowers... There was some really pretty purple flowers she thought would suit Tali.

She would have to look closer though, each flower had it's own look and magic, its own soul... at least to Iri. Each flower enchanted her, each seemed to have it's own name. She would have to find just the right vases too! Hmm maybe some pretty scrolling over it, the delicate curves of which always seemed so elven to her. She was musing about this as she waited for her answer. Oh perhaps that one with the sword like design... It was very abstract and elegant so she was never certain but it felt like a sword to her somehow.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-21-2013, 12:51 AM

Lune nodded slightly, and let her own gaze fall on the butterflies. She watched them for a few moments before looking down at her lap again. Her parasol rested gently against one shoulder, the end of it's handle nestled in her lap between one hand and the cell phone that both hands were clasped lightly around. Something hovered just behind her eyes, it was hard to read the truth behind Lune's eyes, she had been raised to hide how she truly felt about things and situations. After all everything was beyond her control, and the things she did had to be done for the good of the family. Her posture straightened the slightest bit, and she brought her eyes to Adela, though still slightly downcast, then that gaze jumped back to the butterflies. They were pretty little things, and so free. Lune often felt like she was nothing more than a caged bird. "Surely, he wouldn't start any trouble at the school?" There was a bit nervousness in her tone, Lune liked the school, and didn't like the idea of anything bad happening to it or at it. It was the only place she could go that was far from her family.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM

"Celia. I am a rabbit she is a cat. We are naturally enemies. So tell me how in the world are we suppose to get along when it is her instinct to kill me and mine is to run." Ryota said to her as he sighed heavily, shaking his head, the only reason that he was doing any of this, or willing to tolerate his natural enemy was for her. He listened to what she had to say, of course he was not happy about it but for his dear friend he would do it for her. "You really shouldn't have to deal with that alone. You know i could have helped with the pure bloods, after all I am one." he said to her as he gave a charming smile, tucking her hair behind her ear as she leaned closer to her face. She knew that he was a flirt, though the only thing was that no one ever knew if he was serious or not. He chuckled before kissing the top of her head before standing up, stretching some before he looked out her window. "CeCe.....your favoring this Aruzhan over other students by letting her have her parties. As for the other teachers they know we are friends and go way back. So what is a little relax time between friends?" he said to her, he was containing his feelings at that moment, sure he was ticked off that she would do more for a cat then her own friend even if it was just at school. "Thanks for the files." he said to her as he smiled some, waving to her with a smile on his face as he placed his glasses back onto his face, moving to leave her alone.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM

Mina smiled when the male asked her if she liked the song. "I thought it was lovely! it was very calming and nice. Perfect for a day like this. Did you write it?", she said as she tilted her head to the side. Mina thought the man was very good at playing the guitar. It was great being able to sit down and listen to him play. It felt like the perfect day to do so. She was intrigued to know if the man wrote this song, or was simply playing a cover of one. Either way, it was still wonderful.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-22-2013, 04:18 AM

Hunter Miyuzaki strode through the gardens of the night class dorms.As usual,the Kitsuyako was holding his sketch pad,though for once he wasn't wearing earbuds.He wasn't going anywhere specifically,he just wanted to find a place to sit and draw.Hunter was never one for social interaction-although he would show up at a party,if invited.Since he was young,and somewhat new at the school,Hunter rather doubted that he would be invited anywhere with anyone.Reflecting on this thought,the dark fox spirit found a nice patch of grass to sit in,and commenced opening his sketchbook.Turning to a blank page,he took out a charcoal pencil and started drawing absently.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-22-2013, 04:19 PM

Lacy, unlike the others was in her fox form bounding around. If a fox could smile, she would be, as the blonde fox ran around the garden's chasing after butterflies. She maybe a sixteen year old girl and have no reason to act like a child but she couldn't help it if it was fun acting like a kid. She soon skid to a stop in front of another kitsune, cocking her head to the side as she watched what he was doing. Not saying a word or moving an inch, after all she could be very patient, and it felt like she was interrupting something if she moved, shifted or said anything to the male at all. So all she could do was sit there and stare at him with her blue grey eyes.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-22-2013, 04:52 PM

"That probably has something to do with it, I'd imagine," Audran replied with a smile. Tali merely remained silent as was her usual. Frankly, it could be rather depressing being around her, though he doubted that she meant to be that way. He figured that anyone growing up like she had would turn out much the same way. The Drow weren't known for being good parents after all. They put a lot of pressure on their children to succeed and be the best. Honestly, it woudl be exhausting.

"That sounds like a great idea, Iri!" Audran exclaimed, grinning broadly. "What do you think, Tali?" As expected, she merely shrugged, heading over to go pick up her book before rejoining the group. Audran was barely able to keep from letting out a sigh in frustration. Couldn't she see that he was trying to help her be more sociable? It was like she didn't even really notice or care about the interaction. Oh well, at least she wasn't opposed to the idea of going with them to pick flowers. Iri would love that.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 AM

Hunter paused in his drawing to look up when he heard rustling and breathing. He spotted another fox sitting there, staring at him. Frowning, he put his pencil down. "What is it? Staring is rude." He said quietly. His voice was naturally quiet, but also somehow musical. His ear twitched slightly and he glanced up, noticing the clouds for the first time. He hoped it didn't rain quite yet, or his drawing would be ruined.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Lacy easily shifted into her more human form, her ear twitching as she moved to a sitting position, pulling her extremely fluffy tail around her as she cocked her head to the side. "Oh nothing.....just what are you doing? Sorry for staring. Are you a Zenkosune like me? Oh!!!!! Did you see the butterfly that came through here? Hey do you smell that? OH!!!! OH!!!! Want to be friends?" she asked him all in one breath, as she was clearly distracted, having jumped all over the place with her words. She seemed to be buzzing with energy, though she still sitting in one spot and seemed almost impossible. What people did not because of her smile, was the depression that she felt completely drowned in. She twitched slightly as she reached a hand up to her wild blonde hair, scratching the scar that was hidden there. Blue-grey eyes looked around the area, taking in all the dark plants and the dreary atmosphere that fit how she really felt on the inside.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-23-2013, 04:49 PM

Ceri smiled. Tay really did throw the best parties. They were always entertaining.
"Oh, just a little diet, more working out mostly. Less soda." The Shade had a horrible addiction to the sugary drink. "My favorite foods are still good." mmm cake lolipops....wait are those worse for me than soda? Ceri thought to herself. "Hey Tay are cake lolipops worse than Soda?" She asked out loud after rolling the idea around in her head.
"I'm not sure. You'd have to ask Hope herself." Ceri tossed her hair off her shoulder, and looked up at he clouds. She swore she saw some of them thinning, but it could just be her paranoia of sunlight. "Oh, could I DJ this party too?" She loved sound and reading peoples moods to play the perfect music.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Adela Talonn
"In a heartbeat my sweet little bird." She responded as she glanced towards the woman with a slight raised eyebrow. The fact someone could seem so innocent growing up in their world, it always surprised her no matter how often she saw it. For a moment her gaze seemed slightly less intense as she couldn't help but be reminded of someone she knew long ago. Another who had been too innocent to live in the therian world where dining on a family's flesh for power was frowned upon but not exactly unheard of for a reason. oh well, those two were gone and now only therian pawns or food for power such as this arrogant honeyed prince remained. Adela would never allow herself to be weak like that, not again.

"A letter found it's way to me this summer, I think he expected it to scare me and for... capturing my heart to be easy once we were away from court." She said simply as she smiled softly. Of course to most it would seem a rather random comment but any of her therian pawns such as Lune would know better. She had been expecting something so there was already plans and preparation in place since the letter had arrived. She would not allow such a warning to go without it's use, it wasn't her nature. She took every opportunity given and turned every intimidation back onto those who attempted it. Her followers depended on this calculating nature to protect them even more then they feared it.

Assured that Lune would likely know she was alright now she was aware of the entrance of one of the fox races to join the one who had been playing in fox form. She glanced at the two out of the corner of her eyes, simply to check if they were going to fight. It was not unusual for the race of light and the race of dark to find themselves at opposing ends. They seemed calm enough, with just a little bit of negative temperament and a little false bouncing around. Two lonely souls doing their best to pretend otherwise, one through unpleasantness and another with energy. Oh well, that was common in a school such as this were people often left broken homes and lives behind to put on a fake smile and learn. Nothing that she had to worry about for now, she simply needed to wait to see if the prince would show himself. She was sure he would likely be waiting to see if she would be afraid and take advantage of it. Foolish, when she was genuinely afraid of something she was simply all the more interested in killing it, not running from it!

Quote:
Instructor Ciela Hope
"Instinct... natural enemies..... so many races use those terms but as long as we have reason we have choice, this school exists to teach that above all else. As long as we keep on about instinct and enemies nothing will change even if the fighting stops." She responded in a tired tone, as if she'd heard it from many. She had in fact, so many pure blood parents going on about as a fear about the school or an excuse for their child's behavior when rules were attempted to be disobeyed. It was time to shake off their ancestors commands and live their lives on their own choices. Of course, some would call that a naive dream and had. Oh well, she had other things she needed to straighten out as it seemed he was uncertain. Her dear friend, he was kind even if sometimes she wasn't sure they'd ever agree on the issues of instinct and choice.

She started to say something but he was touching her hair. For a moment she leaned back into her chair and her eyes fluttered closed out of sheer exhaustion. She did not pamper herself so it was nice to be pampered. The beginning of the school year, however, was not a time she really could pamper herself anyway. Still, she couldn't bring herself to do anything to stop him. She could only shiver as he leaned close and her eyes fluttered open. She flushed faintly at the kiss but dismissed it as his usual flirting so simply cleared her throat. She was going to clear up some things wasn't she? Oh yes, back to that.

"I don't really favor her. They are all events that were already held and planned on before her arrival, she simply saves on me having to do so and gives the students a feeling of involvement. It fosters student friendship more then feeling they are doing it because Ms. Hope is forcing them too." She explained softly, a chuckle escaping her. For a moment the mischief he had known in her as a girl would be visible and the ice mask around everyone else slipped. She could easily have explained to Aruzhan that the events the cat held were already planned but she didn't. She could have explained that the plan had always been to eventually get a student council to handle the events once she felt the students were ready to work together but she didn't do that either. She knew a teenage girl's heart well enough to know that it just felt better to think she was getting away with it and would result in a much better job. She said nothing more about hanging out, it was too tempting even though she knew things were too tense at the beginning of the year to be 'safe'.

Quote:
Talka 'Tay' Aruzhan
"Short term, probably. Still, long term you eat a lot less of those then you drink of soda on a daily basis so i imagine it's better since they are a just every once and a while food. Besides you know how i love your curves." She responded with a flirtatious grin and a wink as the other woman's question brought her from her moment of thought. She really wasn't sure but it seemed logical to her. She never really worried as her kind were prone to being too thin which combined to her near constant physical activity made it so that Tay had never really done the dieting thing. She didn't really think of calories and things accordingly.

"And of course! Hope always lets me do what I want with music and I'd love that! We could do the party together then." She responded with genuine excitement as her thoughts turned to that. She always arranged some kind of entertainment and occasionally even participated. In thought she did a simple twirl on her toes, her other leg tucked close to keep from entangling herself with the other woman further as she continued prancing at the other woman's side as they made their way finally into the garden. She hoped they could hang out there for a while instead being they'd have to separate at the dorms. As she finished her random excited twirl with one arm raised and the other holding the corn snake still she would lean back towards the other woman. She wrapped her arm back over Ceri's shoulders and continued to chat, her mind already on the party.

"What type of music do you want to play? Maybe we could do a theme!" She asked with a bright smile, her blue eyes already dancing with that same energy and excitement. She hadn't done a theme party in a while, that might be fun. The last theme party she'd done was probably around Halloween. It was a costume party and the theme was something like tragic love? Crazy love? Oh she couldn't remember... but it was fun. She had dressed as romeo if she recalled, often cross dressing in her work despite her curves making her gender very clear. It definitely got people's attention!

Quote:
Iris 'Iri' Tien
"Thank you! I love finding flowers with people! You can see which flowers suit even better! Let's go! I know a place in the forest that has some wild flowers that will really suit you two. Come with me! I'll get my vases later. Do either of you have any allergies? I can change the flowers to not bother you, its one of the few things I'm good at." She said with a laugh as she gripped the hands of both. She didn't seem to be put off by Tali's air and in fact held her hand just as warmly and lovingly as she did Audran or anyone else's. She tugged the two along and would head to the forest unless they stopped her. She didn't think about the fact that she hadn't asked permission for it to be now.

She could already see the area of forest she intended to bring them too in her minds eye. It was a place where a small pond sat, likely a result of one of the students in a past year. It seemed to be fed by an underground spring of some sort and was always crystal clear. A type of white water lily grew in the bond, the silver tinge of which reminded her of the drow's hair ironically. Around it grew other flowers as well, forming a sort of wild garden. She nurtured it to keep it alive, as she secretly hoped others would in time. Every flower was unique and beautiful and free, often growing in vines up trees. At night it was often even more beautiful as various fireflies would form there at night which reminded her of something.

"You should visit it by yourselves at night some times. The forest animals are attracted to it because of a pond there and there's some unique fireflies i've only seen there that show up at night." She added with a blissful sigh as if remembering it. She adored the sight of it and couldn't help but walk a little faster. She knew the purple flowers there would suit the dark elf, and she couldn't wait to show someone her 'secret' garden. It wasn't ordered and frequently seen like the gardens in front of the school, it was more like the tangled grove back home. Would they love it as much as she did? She hoped so... the only other person she'd taken to it recently was Adela because Adela'd made a comment about wanting a peaceful place to be. Of course it had been near a full moon and likely been sarcastic but 'ela had gone with her anyway and even said thank you!

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 AM

Hunter's eyes narrowed.He shifted positions so that he was sitting cross-legged facing the girl. "I am Kitsuyako, your opposite." He said. He was a bit unnerved by her apparent energy, but he could sense the negative emotions underneath. "To answer your questions, I was drawing. I did see the butterfly, no I don't smell that, and...friends? Is that even possible?" He asked. He had never met a Zenkosune before, but he knew the never mixed with his kind. His ear twitched again as the butterfly flew past it. Glancing down at his sketch, he realized that he had been drawing that very butterfly. He wondered if it meant something.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 AM

Lune paled slightly, her head turned away and tilted down so that she was looking at the ground beside her feet. She really didn't like the idea of trouble being started at the school. Especially trouble that involved therians. They were so brutal, certainly everything would be left to ruin in their wake. She trembled slightly, tears started to gather at the corners of her eyes and she raised her head to look at Adela fully. It wasn't often that Lune would meet someone's eyes. It wasn't just the idea of something bad happening at the school or to the others in this place that had her eyes so watery. It was more the idea that something bad might happen to Adela.

Suddenly Lune was on her feet, cell phone and parasol went falling to the ground in different directions from the sudden movement. Hands clasped tightly in front of her small chest. "Oh please, I couldn't bear it if something dreadful were to happen to you." Those hands moved to grasp one of Adela's between both, and Lune clung almost desperately to that hand. As if it were a last lifeline for her, and in many ways it very much was. "Please be careful!" She knew Adela was strong, more than capable of handling herself, but that didn't mean accidents couldn't happen. One slip and everything could crumble. Her bottom lip trembled and she bit down onto it lightly to stop it.

Adela would probably think Lune was more worried about self preservation, if something happened to Adela, who would protect Lune? It wasn't that though, she didn't care what happened to her at all, she truly did want Adela to be safe and alright and out of danger. Lune truly wanted to be friends, but there was no doubt in her mind that Adela merely saw her as another pawn. Another toy to use until it broke, it was much the same way her own family saw her. Lune was growing tired of such things, but she would never retaliate against being used. It was her place, as a weaker, submissive creature to do all that was expected of her. Even if she didn't agree with those expectations. She was so caught up in worry and concern for Adela, that she didn't even notice the foxes nearby.

Kerian ran his hands almost lovingly over his guitar as the girl answered his questions and asked some of her own. He gave a slight shrug, raising his eyes to meet her's for a few moments. "It's just something I put together. It isn't finished quite yet." He was somewhat glad she had liked it, though even if she hadn't it wouldn't have bothered him much if at all. Still it was nice to be appreciated. He smiled slightly at her, and then looked down at the guitar, running his hands over it one more time, as if gently caressing a lover. "Real music come's from the heart. An instrument can sound good in skilled hands, but there's always a difference between skilled hands, and skilled hands whose heart is in it." He glanced up at her from his guitar, wondering if she agree with such a sentiment.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 AM

Skylark (Hex) Manson

The limo door closed behind him, gaining a sigh from the youngest son within the Manson family. In total, there were three of them, one the age of twenty, the second the age of seventeen and then Skylark of sixteen. He had a sister of fifteen as well and of all of them, she was the most spoiled. She had their mother and father wrapped around her finger, perfection in the form of a young woman as they saw it. All of his siblings were reguarded very highly by their parents. His eldest brother by the name of Maxamillion, was following in his father's footsteps, as the next head of the family buisiness. The second eldest by the name of Drez was at the top of his class and expected to gain a full scholorship when he went away to college. The sister Rose was at the top of her class as well, a prodigy and thought very highly of by anyone who got sucked in by her facade, which was usually...everyone.

Skylark had been in good terms with his parents for the longest time as well. His abilities were developing powerfully and nicely at first and he had been a straight A student for all of his educational carrer. With tallents outside of the mythological world as well, he had been the next one who his family believed would follow his brother and his father's footsteps. Things however had taken a turn for the worse however when his full powers began to come in. Although the Manson family was known throughout many circles as a powerful, wealthy and high classed family, it had its share of dirty secrets. Sometimes having bloodlines in the shadows was not always a good thing, sometimes it drove a person mad or corrupt. A few of his family members in the past had done just that, been driven into madness by their powers and the darkness.

Of course his family viewed this practically as a sin, disowning them almost immediatly and cutting off all contact with them. Being in this family, with greatness and perfection expectations, coupled with the weight of possibly going crazy on one's shoulders, it should be enough to make anyone a tad unnerved. Skylark had already been experiencing what some might call the curse of his family. Around him, bad things began to happen. People became accostomed to blaming this on his powers and his family, calling him bad luck and dangerous, hence where his nickname 'Hex' came from. He was a walking curse in some people's eyes and this had began to cause him to be teased or for people to keep away from him. A few students at his old school had began trying to drive him out, saying they did not need his kind around there.

It had been up on the observatory, overlooking the city. No one knew what happened really, but the glass floor had given out and four boys had been seriously injured and ended up in the hospital. One of them died, but Skylark had been found with not a scratch on him. After that, his family had thought keeping him out of school for a year would be a good idea, letting the trouble die down a bit and keeping him out of sight. He remembered the looks, from his parents and his siblings. It had been like their image of him had been shattered and now he was the problem child or something. He had spent that year in a practical hell, not allowed to leave the mansion much, kept inside where as he knew his parents described it behind his back, to keep him out of trouble or tarnishing the name further. It had been in the papers, the news, etc. His parents had paid good money to keep his name out of it.

However, rumors and stories always have a way of spreading, weather people like it or not. The nickname stuck and he came to accept it, as a reminder and something to make him work harder to gain full control and not end up like others. Now he was back at school, just a different one. This one was in his parent's eyes a fresh start, one where he could make a better name for himself and for others around him. His brother Drez went here and he suspected that it was to keep an eye on him more than to allow him this fresh start they spoke of. He cared little though, it was fine with him. He would prove them and anyone else who got in his way wrong, anyone who dared to think of him as weak or a failure. He would make a new name for himself, one that would even demand respect from his own family.

His father paused by the doors, turning to face him. "You will be alright here then?" he asked, his voice carrying its usual cold and stern tone. Skylark paused, slipping his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Tch, I'll be fine, I don't need a babysitter so you can let Drez know to back off. I will handle this on my own" he stepped forward, reaching for the door handle. "Skylark" his father said a bit more sternly, making the teen pause. "We are counting on you and placing our trust in you. We do not give second chances, but you are our son..use this wisely and rise to the occasion" with that he walked back to the car. "Lucky me" Skylark whispered more to himself, though his voice more sarchastic than even he expected.

Opening the doors, he stepped inside. He figured what he would need would be brought over in time, so he did not even bother to go check. Instead, he made his way down the corridor, not looking up as he passed a few students. Even now, cliques were forming, those of the same race or type were getting together and naturally, no light types with darks. Typical, this was an odd school in many ways, but the same as others in many other ways. He wondered what it would hold in store for him. "Yo bro! " a voice rang out. He froze with a sigh, turning to see his brother Drez walking towards him with a group of his friends. He was tall, six feet, with perfectly cut and styled black hair and their mother's dark jade eyes. He wore black pants, a white shirt with a loose tie and a dark green jacket.

Skylark knew it was for show, just in case their father had stuck around. Drez was like rose in many ways. He was perfection on the outside, but purly dark on the inside. He enjoyed making others squirm and feel his power or control over them. He had a place above many and he loved using it. Of course, their parents did not see the more rather jerkish side of their middle son. He glanced around, before speaking again. "Where's pops? " he asks, not bothering to use propper language while it was just his friends and Skylark. "He had buisiness" Skylark passed his brother, walking down the hall, though he knew it was futile to think getting rid of him would be that easy. An arm slid around his shoulders, "great, then it's just you and me. " He laughed a bit, "stick with me and I'll show you the ropes, you'll be running the place by my side in no time."

Skylark pushed his brother's arm off of him. "If you don't mind, I will find my own place, without your assistance" he spoke clearly. His brother shrugged, "suit yourself, but don't come runnin to me when things don't work out." With a laugh he and his goons walked away down the hall, leaving Skylark once more to himself. He shook his head, wondering how long it would be until the real Drez was found out. What would his parents do then? It was of little concern right now, he needed to take a look around, get his bearrings and prepare for the time ahead of him. This was a new year, a new start and he was going to make the most of it.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 06-26-2013, 03:00 AM

Mina giggled, "It's sounding really good so far. I hope to hear it one day when it's finished! If you don't mind.". She played with a piece of hair as she listened to the male talk. "You're right. I agree~ If you don't put your heart into it, or anything for the matter, it's not as good. It'll always pale in comparison if the person's heart wasn't in it." , she replied with a smile. "Oh, I just realized I haven't introduced myself! Silly me~ My name is Mina Miko~!", she said happily.