SouLSuRv1vER
Menewsha's Devil
Send a message via AIM to SouLSuRv1vER

Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 PM

Wait, it is not Buffy the vampire slayer is it? And lmao @ the ducks :p.

Quote:
5: Name this 1990s darkly-toned TV series that was named after the mythical creatures that it starred.

Darkeyes
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Darkeyes

Old 11-16-2009, 11:05 PM

No, though good guess.

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 AM

I'll be back on the 11th of January from vacation (leaving Dec. 21st at the latest). At that point I'll hold a bonus lottery equal to 5g * the total number of posts made since I was gone, of which each poster of 5 or more posts will have an equal chance of winning (1 entry at 1 post, 5 at 5+, so any poster in the meantime will get a chance). These posts may contain anything, and so can qualify for the other bonuses available. I will likely be holding many of the other bonus contests shortly after.

If there still isn't much interest by the time I get back I'll likely just similarly distribute the remainder of the funds and items among the lottery entrants.

Edit: Speaking of lotteries, I just won a game (Runebound) expansion (7 - 8$ retail value). It's not the biggest prize, and I had to spend (virtual) money to enter the lottery, but it's still awesome.

Next person that posts gets 150g, to share in my victory. ^_^

Last edited by Darkeyes; 12-03-2009 at 06:03 AM..

Briar Rose
Professional Procrastinator
Send a message via MSN to Briar Rose

Old 12-01-2009, 06:43 PM

POST! XD

Have a good vacay!

Kristal
Next time i'm beating him for a ...

Old 12-03-2009, 01:22 AM

So was everyones turkey day? mine was pure chaos lol, now i'm on a 2 week business trip that sucks. yay me. :/

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 12-03-2009, 06:02 AM

Nice avatars, you three.
Thanksgiving was short, rushed, but good. It always was the only holiday I celebrated/enjoyed.. (could be the emphasis on food, mmm). I'm killing myself trying to get my term papers finished- I haven't even had time to start studying for finals next week x_x

Briar Rose

Old 12-03-2009, 10:51 PM

Thank you :D

Mine was...odd. First spent it with half of my family *More like in-laws (Well, brother's in-laws...)* And the "Mom" burnt the turkey under the excuse of "Well the little temperature thing in the turkey didn't pop up!" So not only was it burnt, but it was dry and really really chewy. Everyone loved my pies though, so that was nice...
And then after that, we went to my real families thanksgiving at my aunt's house, and omg, that turkey was soooo delicious. Maybe it was just nice to actually taste it...
So yeah...now I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut-off trying to get everyone to agree to a Secret Santa or White Elephant this year for Christmas.

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 12-04-2009, 08:12 AM

White Elephant > Secret Santa :)
I'd jump in on that- are long distance entries allowed? Hell, I have some great items I could throw in, as well, for either one (sadly moreso the secret santa than the white elephant- I need to restock on gag gifts ;P).

I can't stand turkey, which is good, since I can't eat it either- it makes me ill, intensely so. My grandma doesn't eat it either, so she made turkey for everyone else and ham for us two- of course, I wasn't up to eating much and didn't consume but a third of my plate, then things got rushed and I forgot the plate when I left, and so I didn't eat much thanksgiving food. :/

Also, I've cleaned up the first post- from now on you'll always be able to use it to navigate the thread :)
I'll be using the second post to detail contest statuses, once any of you get credit towards any.
You may also note that I've implemented an RPG element to the thread- awards that can unlock permanent bonuses to the lottery/contests.
Thank Kristal for giving the impetus for the idea. I'll be throwing in a new award to acquire when I get back from vacation.

Last edited by Darkeyes; 12-04-2009 at 08:47 AM..

Kristal

Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 AM

o.0 what did i give??? lol confused. Yeah chad fried our turkeys and fried one of them with the gibblet bag still in there so part of the turkey didnt cook so we couldnt eat that part lol. oh well. good turkey though! Never had it fried. Whats the white elephant? i know what secret santa is.

Oh and thank you XD

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 12-05-2009, 03:44 AM

White Elephant is.. well, Secret Santa you get given a name and pick a present for that person. In White Elephant, you throw a bunch of presents (usually only metaphorically) into a pile and then take a random gift and see what it is. Quite often White Elephants are based off of gag gifts, while other times they are theme-based.

You donated 1000g to the lottery: That made me give you an award for it, which led to the formation of a whole system of awards- hence, you were the origination point for the award system.

Briar Rose

Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 PM

I would allow long-distance White Elephant entries...although, I'm not sure how well that would work out xD

Most White Elephants I've done are more game-ish. You draw a number, and if you draw #1, then obviously, you go first. You open your gift while everyone watches. Then it's #2s turn. If they like your gift, they can steal it, then #1 has to choose a different gift to open. But gifts can only be stolen a max of three times.

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 12-10-2009, 08:38 AM

Voice conference? :P

I steal that present! That one right there! THREE TIMES. AT ONCE.
Then I give it away.

Time to open a new present!

o_O Mornings.
Anyway, games are good.
Let me know when this'll be, if I'm back from vacation I may actually enter. Depends how good you assure me the other items'll be :P

Kristal

Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 PM

Haha

sounds like a fun game for real.

Oh ok I get it now.

gloomythebear
i would rather be hated for who ...

Old 12-22-2009, 03:01 AM

is this still an open contest??? well ill donate anyways, darkeyes avatar just looks so darn amazing.

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 12-23-2009, 05:00 AM

Gloomy, flattery will get you nowhere! At least, in regards to the Lottery. Your Christmas present will be larger, however. :P

Seems I'll have infrequent internet access up here, so I'll keep checking in every few days. Meanwhile, there are plenty of ongoing contests in the thread to explore, and as soon as I return from vacation (about the 11th) I'll see to running a plethora of additional contests. :)

Remember that an easy way to get additional lottery entries is to get other people involved in the thread..

As always, see the first post for all the information you'll need :)
(As far as the holiday bonus contest goes, Gloomy has made the first valid post, and my posts will not count (since I'm not officially here =O))

Can't be a holiday without a new contest for you to consider:
(And 200g to anyone that can tell me how to do a strikethrough in Mene)
Secret Leprechaun, Green Elephant
Rules: Donate an item to the 'Pot', receive another one in return! Items must be worth at least 200g market value. All entrants will additionally receive their choice of a prize for entering: 50g, 8 tickets into the next lottery, or +100g bonus added to the current lottery.
This contest ends at the latter of January 3rd or when at least two items have been entered.
While this contest is running, all rewards for bringing new people to the thread are doubled.

Last edited by Darkeyes; 12-24-2009 at 08:35 AM..

Darkeyes
*^_^*

Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Back in the states. Given that this thread has gone on ice, and that my free time from now on will be non-existent, I will go ahead and run the lottery and close up my threads.

Holiday Vacation Bonus Contest Winner: gloomythebear (55g)
Main Lottery:
  • Lottery $: 1620
    • +$200 bonus
Total Tickets: 114 | .88% chance to win per ticket
  • (42) Kristal: 20 + 20 bonus + 2 award
  • (12) shinigami no kokoro: 6 + 6 bonus
  • ( 6) SouLSuRv1vER: 3 + 3 bonus
  • (10) souldragon28 : 5 + 5 bonus
  • (36) ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn: 20 + 16 bonus
  • ( 8) gloomythebear: 8

Winner:ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn (32% to win)
Entry: 200 gold ($1820 lottery - $182 lottery fee: $1638 lottery total: $1438 lottery winnings above entry; 819% increase to entry.)

Congrats~

Last edited by Darkeyes; 01-13-2010 at 09:43 PM..