Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-24-2008, 01:11 PM

Hello my friends :)

I'm here to talk to you today about something that is hopefully close to all of our hearts, Menewsha itself. I love this place, it is my home, and I hope that many of you love it just as much.

If you do, how would you like to share it with like-minded people that you know? Maybe you have friends elsewhere who you think might appreciate what we have to offer; the spam-free environment, the friendly, welcoming atmosphere and intelligent conversation, the lovely items..

If you do, we have a little incentive for you.

We've decided to run a referral contest to try and encourage you, our members, to find other would-be Menewshans, to come and visit us and see if they'd like to join us :) The more people who join Menewsha and stick around, the greater the likelihood of additional funds coming in and us being able to provide you with fun new features, to make the time you spend on here all the more enjoyable!

But this is no ordinary referral system, there will be no instant gold gain from random people signing up, that's not how this is going to work.
Let me lay it out for you..

This system will reward the people who bring in users who actually benefit the site, so if you get a bunch of strangers to sign up who never post once, then you yourself will not profit at all. BUT, if the people that you bring in like it and stick around and actually post and remain active, then you will reap the benefits :)

We have some nice banners for you to use, but only in places where it's allowed of course!

Every person that uses your link goes onto a list under your name, with their post count too, so we will know just how many people you have introduced to Menewsha, and whether any of them become active members of the community.

And in case any of you are worried about people abusing the system and maybe creating extra accounts themselves to gain some reward for the main account..every referred account will have its IP checked (jurupamae already has her ban hammer ready), so we will know if people are being dishonest and they will be dealt with accordingly, so there's no need to worry about that :)

Last edited by Mr. Mayor; 09-25-2008 at 08:32 AM..

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-24-2008, 03:02 PM

The contest itself..

Yes, we will be rewarding the users who succeed in gaining us some active new members. But we will be checking these people out ;) For example, if an account signs up, makes a few hundred posts in the word games forum over a couple of days then is never seen again, well we're likely to disregard them I'm afraid :lol:

We shall check on your people, after a week, after two weeks, and again after four weeks. Then you will receive a gold amount at that four week stage, and the amount will depend apon how active they have been/still are, and their post count :)

This is how it will work:-
If they were active for 1 week then didn't come back you will receive 100 gold
If they were active for 2 weeks then didn't come back you will receive 200 gold
If they're still active after 4 weeks you will receive 400 gold

For those who are still active at the four week stage, we will then check their post count, and you will receive the gold equivalent of that, on top of the flat 400 activity reward :)
So, if your referral buddy makes 750 posts over that 4 week period, you'll get 750 gold, as well as the 400 for them sticking around for 4 weeks.

And, you will receive these benefits for every new account that you're responsible for.

Grand Prize!

As an extra special thank you to the person who brings in the most active new users, they will receive a Gold Clover Hairpin!

This contest will run from now until at least after the Hallowe'en Event, then, depending on how well it is doing, we may extend it :)

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by Mr. Mayor; 09-25-2008 at 04:19 PM..

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 AM

Banners!

More of these will be coming, small buttons and so on for places like MySpace.

Your personal referral link is in your USER CP, up there under the MY AVATAR tab, simply delete the text that says PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE, and do as it says!

These have all been hosted through Tinypic, so you don't need to host them yourselves, and to keep the code as short as possible for you all.

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/zwz6th.gif[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/f522c9.gif[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ywc12a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/4djl0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/2mwfd4h.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/71u54h.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/a5nx0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="PASTE YOUR REFERRAL LINK HERE"][IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/BrainyBrian90210/referralbannercomplete.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by CK; 10-03-2008 at 12:19 AM.. Reason: Adding King's Mr. Mayor banner...

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Leader Board

Who's referred the most active poster(highest post count first)

1. Roachi ~ 1,285
2. Iroase Delschatten ~ 921
3. Intoxicate ~ 517
4. Yamapi-Ttun ~ 169
5. Majinkoz ~ 130
6. t ~ 127
7. Toky0Vampir3 ~ 100
8. Rad Lionheart ~ 91
9. Vempire ~ 79
10. Ethereal Lullaby ~ 68

Everyone who has referred ~ THANK YOU!

Majinkoz 19
Roachi 14
St Branny 6
monstahh` 6
Zoomerce 5
Yume` 5
Rad Lionheart 4
Enzeru 3
Ayreiya 3
AomiArmster 3
Kazzlise 3
Kerrieberrie 2
Seriah 2
Vixen 2
Mikhail 2
Chichi baby b 2
Sera 2
DeviSama 2
sushi_mew 2
Intoxicate 2
Silver Crusnik 2
jade_temptress 2
Suina 2
XxRainbows 2
tentenpuff 2
PlatinumChild 2
Valendra 2
Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda 1
Hadsvich 1
Black Kat 1
Kuki Rew 1
Amiiu 1
Dreamii 1
[]ImYourGimmick[] 1
Haru` 1
AkashaHeartilly 1
Translucent Lotus 1
Bishielurfer 1
.Simplicity. 1
Knerd 1
x-cutie-x-pie-x 1
General Lee Outrageous 1
/2 y n x 1
SangALee 1
Harmonia 1
Pyro neko jess 1
Strawberri Candy 1
Avardien 1
GeminiKizzy 1
Valcaryangel 1
Merrow 1
Prozehn 1
Rylynne 1
Leela 1
[.Miss Bat.] 1
Dimitri Bloodbane 1
Master Mind Monkey 1
Gary Stargazer 1
Me 1
Vappor1 1
Squid 1
GeekLolita 1
No 1
Moxie123 1
chelsiespixies 1
Okkuu 1
absentmindedAlice 1
Colours 1
XxTheJoe 1
Templen 1
Estrella_Faylinn 1
HatoriTheAmazing99 1
Dystopia 1
Yume_no_Yume 1
Nick 1
kairi princess o heart 1
ElectricEclipse 1
siaasgn 1
Sisely 1
kemii 1
IRK3N 1
Archbow 1
Simatar 1
Ethereal Lullaby 1
eliechan 1
Sedda 1
Toky0Vampir3 1
Detarra 1
Iroase Delschatten 1
Hobos Moon 1
CirceNix 1
Aranel 1
Mysticalpchan 1
dragoness129 1
Porcelain 1
Xxgerald_supernovaxX 1
meilin 1
Sweetcooky 1
Cassidy Rose 1
Bound Birdie 1
Anna_Crackers 1
Ebil 1
Indy Lyon 1
Alexis Durem 1
Dev 1
Skykittykat 1
Vempire 1
Lucian Tubal 1
kilingspre 1
xlightwingx 1
Yamapi-Ttun 1
angel~1993 1
xSagey 1
lavalem 1
iAnkoFan 1
Glitter Golgotha 1
Lilac 1
Lilith the Ill 1
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ 1
Aramaic_Princess 1
Seiu 1
Clair Voyant 1
emo_holocaust 1
ShatteredAngel 1
Glitter =] 1
foggyday 1
Rhyme 1
cannibal n i n j a 1
Eloquence 1
purplejesseh 1
My Cup Of Chai 1
Kultura 1
Google 1
Silver Magi 1
DuZo 1
Aerin of the Bow 1
Elwing 1
Zombie Pixie 1
Laila 1
StrawberryOctopus 1
Luumi 1
t 1
junkyard god 1
Turtle Pirate 1
Dark_Sparklez312 1
roocee 1
litefoot13 1
Kara Eto 1
Oracle12 1
Keisume_Katori 1
Kita 1
`Destie Frisson. 1
Seito 1
Poop 1
Ryko 1
black rain 1
Spanish Leek Squared 1
Intoxicating Envy 1
Pontouf 1
xsakurahanax 1

Do bear in mind, that this is just the count of referred users, if people who you refer never sign in again then you're going to miss out.

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-25-2008, 04:17 PM

Well, I think I've covered everything. But I'm sure that the questions that people ask will prove otherwise!

But that's what this thread is for :)

Ask any questions you may have, someone on the staff will be able to answer them for you.

Chat about the referral process in general; swap ideas for places to find new users, tell us how many you've got to give us a try.

Just converse in general :)

And whilst we're trying to get the word out there about Menewsha, did you know that we're to be found in other places too?

We have a group on both Livejournal and Facebook

And we are also in the process of setting up a dA account where all the site's artwork, including the manga, can be seen, do visit us in these places!

yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM

First post harhar i win

Edit by jurubot: *deletes yan and steals first post*

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 09-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Will a myspace be in the works?

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 PM

0:
Smarticles!
And more benefits.
Neaterz.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 PM

I'm glad to see that the banners for the ads this time don't insult the people who would visit the spot where they are placed this time.

The tektek ads just had a bad slogan.

This time we will get people interested in a new community rather than those seeking to troll.

I will see if my best friend would like to join when she gets back from vacation.

Last edited by Angel Spirit Girl; 09-25-2008 at 10:50 PM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-25-2008, 10:50 PM

That was Josh, Angel, not us, we wouldn't be so dumb..

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
That was Josh, Angel, not us, we wouldn't be so dumb..

Ahhh! That explains it.

He didn't want to back up Kinsaki before the last server move because of the file's size.

He suddenly didn't have to worry about that problem after that. :o

Ithir
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 PM

Wow, Mene is on facebook...

And sadly, I already tried to kidnap all my Gaia friends over here, it never worked. : (

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 PM

So do people just post in this forum or the welcome forum who referred them?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-25-2008, 11:00 PM

They don't need to do either, Enzeru, we can see who people have referred :yes: But they are of course free to talk about it in here :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-25-2008, 11:02 PM

Make sure that when they sign up, they write down your username as the referral and that's how it works. :)

But it'd always be wonderful to hear who got referred by who! :)

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 09-25-2008, 11:03 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks.

L o g a n
hay

Old 09-25-2008, 11:41 PM

I'm not going to do this. So is there a system if there's someone who wants to abuse someone else's refer system.

Ex. User A doesn't like user B so A makes a bunch of same IP refers for user B. Would user B get in trouble?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 PM

Here's where it comes in that it really sucks that all of my friends are either from Mene, or internet-retarded. Any of my rl friends would just n00b the place up. xD
I've probably got a few who wouldn't, but I have to figure out who they are, and whether or not they'd even be interested.
I can think of one friend from Gaia, though. I can try her.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L o g a n View Post
I'm not going to do this. So is there a system if there's someone who wants to abuse someone else's refer system.

Ex. User A doesn't like user B so A makes a bunch of same IP refers for user B. Would user B get in trouble?
Why would User B get in trouble for that? It'd be User A's IP address, wouldn't it? User A would be more likely to get into trouble.

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Shrimp_Man Send a message via Yahoo to Shrimp_Man

Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 AM

I'd like to try this with my rp buddy, but I kinda wanted to use a Mr. Mayor banner, but there isn't one. Mr. Mayor is my favorite NPC, so much so that I wish I could choose him as my permanent header. ^^ Mr. Mayor dear, think you can do something about that? *sneakily hugs him*

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 09-26-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp_Man View Post
I'd like to try this with my rp buddy, but I kinda wanted to use a Mr. Mayor banner, but there isn't one. Mr. Mayor is my favorite NPC, so much so that I wish I could choose him as my permanent header. ^^ Mr. Mayor dear, think you can do something about that? *sneakily hugs him*

I agree with this. What about it dear Mayor... think you can fix us a little pixel of yourself? -batseyelashes-

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-26-2008, 03:40 AM

You guys could always save the Menewsha header with Mr. Mayor on it and use that as your referral picture... if you upload it to tinypic yourself, it'd be the same thing, yes? XD We'll see if we can't dig up another Mr. Mayor (or other favorite NPC) banner to add here soon...

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 AM

Yay for CK! If I were a decent artist I'd make my own banner... might try a userbar.

kemii

Old 09-26-2008, 04:33 AM

Aw.

Ive already persuaded most of my friends to join and they're fairly active.

I guess I can try and get some other people, too. <3

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 AM

None of my friends are on here. I'm kinda different on here than in real life and on other sites... I'm not sure if I am ready for them to witness this side of me but I'll try to get them on here. My godbrother might join but I don't think he will be active.