Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:41 AM

If you would like to join the Planning Committee, PM Goblin Maiden!!!
Title it "Plan Slammer" and list when you joined Menewsha (GM won't consider you unless you've been a member for AT LEAST three weeks), the amount of time you spend on Menewsha, and why you think you are qualified to help us plan\organize\run\maintain this contest! You may link to anything you think would help you join our planning\organizing ranks (your Mene item and\or art shop; quest thread; a picture of your insanely organized closet, etc).
Think of this as a job application. Dedication of effort and time is a MUST!!!

Don't post in this thread unless you're on the Planning Committee. =D
---

Planning Committee Members (list will grow as more are recruited)

Goblin Maiden\Chilly Down (Head Organizer; Chilly's her mule\Prize Vault Guardian\Audio Entry Receiver)
Kai La Morte (Assistant Organizer\Contest Artist\Recruiter)
briannamal (AO\Recruiter\Video Entry Receiver)
oHsoDemandinG (AO)
Emma Corrin (AO\Prize Vault Guardian's Assistant)
Stormy1 (AO)

Jobs:

1. Receiving\posting links to video entries--briannamal
2. Receiving\posting links to audio entries--Goblin Maiden
3. Receiving\giving out prizes, Head-- Chilly Down (GM's mule)
4. Receiving\giving out prizes, Assistant-- Emma Corrin
5. Setting up the "official" parts of the contest thread itself--Goblin Maiden
6. Making banners\signatures--Kai La Morte
7. Keeping the contest thread orderly and non-confusing--all of PC

---

CONTEST TITLE: Menewshan Idol (for sure naos!)

THEME: Karaoke Contest

WHAT: 1. Menewshans either video-tape or use a computer microphone to record themselves singing their favorite song, then upload it onto a video\audio hosting site and link to the file in a post\PM (whom will be PMed will be decided later in this thread). Links to certain video\audio hosting sites will be provided in the “official” contest thread.

2. The link to the file then gets added to the front page of the thread (with notification of the update), and at the end of the allotted time for entries (which will most likely be one to two weeks), other Menewshans are allowed to vote on their favorite singers.

3. The votes must be sent by PM so that cheating can (hopefully) be minimized, and people aren’t voting for themselves or some such. Votes will be organized in an Excel spreadsheet.

4. There are multiple categories for Entrants to be voted into (Most Emotion, etc.). The prizes will be either bought or\and donated. This is in the VERY early planning stages, so at this point the exact prizes are unknown. Prizes might be given in the form of items or gold--either way, a mule for sadrain (Prize Keeper) will most likely be created to hold the prizes. Rainy has requested an assistant to help her gather\give out prizes!

5. I and people on the Planning Committee may enter as well, for fun, and may garner votes, but we are not eligible to win prizes.

6. Taking the above note into consideration, all voters may cast their votes for 1 Menewshan Entrant per Category, and they may not vote for the same person more than once. PC members get 1 vote per voter, as well. The PC member who gets the most votes will, instead of gold\items, get a super-snazzy signature so that they can show off.

7. The Entrants will also receive signatures, basically saying "I entered Menewshan Idol, please vote for me!"

8. There will be different categories for each genre entered... For instance, Rock, Pop, Folk, etc. That will make it easier for people to vote, and for us Planning Committee members to keep track of entries.

9. Entries may be in any language.

10. No original songs--they have to be copyrighted by someone other than the Entrant.

11. All songs must have a sung melody. No rapping, no purely instrumental pieces.

12. Entries must be singing lead vocals only! No entering and only singing back-ground!

13. When submitting video\audio links, Entrants must be wearing a name-tag with their Menewshan user-name (video), or have their Menewshan username somewhere on the page\in the audio their file's on (audio).

WHEN: Since we’re in the early planning stages, the exact date is unknown. It will probably take place later in the Fall, unless this is forbidden because of corresponding Official Events.

WHERE: The Community Contests sub forum (unless the Media\Music forum would be better). As this is only one contest, a sub-forum will not be required.

---

POTENTIAL RULES:

1) All entries must be audio OR video-with-audio only.
2) Entries may not contain profanity, sexual themes or anything we wouldn’t want our children to hear (or see, if you're submitting a video).
3) Entries must be under 5 minutes. Please don't make us all sit through Freebird or Bohemian Rhapsody.
4) Be considerate and kind. If you are rude, you will be asked to leave.
5) Abide by Menewsha's TOS.
6) Send your votes and submissions via PM. We will post all submissions on the first page in the post labeled "Submissions."

---

COLOR SCHEME\THREAD DESIGN:

-Bright, yet not eye-bleeding colors
-2 original characters for the banners: Rocker Girl and Coffee-house Guy
-At least 3 main colors for fonts, banner backgrounds, etc?
-SPOTLIGHTS. 8D

---

Possible Voting Categories:

-Most Emotion
-Best Imitation of Song's Original Singer
-Most Humorous (would probably only apply for videos)
-Most Sorrowful
-Made Me Want to Dance
-Best Dance Routine Accompaniment (would also apply only to videos)
-Got the Song Stuck in My Head
-SUGGEST MOAR PLZ. =P

---

That's what we've got so far... So let's get cracking with the planning, people! =D Thoughts? Ideas? Potential persons to recruit to our Army of Planning (haha)?

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 08-08-2009 at 06:30 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 AM

Well, if they're allowed to post their karaoke as videos, too, then rule #1 can be deleted. :]
I was just thinking it would be easier/fairer to judge/perform if it was all audio.

I like the idea of Menewshan Idol! :D *goes to check if the name's been taken* (If it has, we could always call it: "Mene's Got Talent!")

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Oooohoooh, I liketh the idea. <3

We could manage to gather nice prizes and stuff for 3 winners and maybe... We could buy something, like I don't know, single red rose for each participant? XD Like a badge that you particiapted. =P

I like idea of siggies. <3 I think we should get banners and stuff to put in siggies to we gather more folks and such. C: Andannnd. I wanted to say something but I forgot to say what.

ALSO HELLO MY LUFFLY DAUGHTERS. <3 Thank you for including meh. 8D

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 PM

okay i'm going to be making the art for signatures and stuff like that, i took three years of graphic design so i know how to make something interesting to the eye. Sound good to everyone?

right now though i'm currently in class so i will be working on signatures after then it'll be about two hours until i'm able to start on making anything on photoshop, sorry! being a full-time student is hard :sweat:

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 05:29 PM

Don't sweat it, Kai! =D Do you think it would be better to wait to make the signatures\banners\etc until we've got everything (or mostly everything) planned out? Or do you want to get started with "drafting" (sorry, can't think of a better word, and I am an English major) different banners so we can get a feel for what we're going for?

Also, guys, what about a color scheme, mood, etc? I and Kai (hee hee, that rhymes) were thinking that we could have two original characters on the banners--one would be a girl, one would be a guy. One would exude more of a "coffee-house" feel, and one would be more of a "rocker." Does that sound good to you? Any other suggestions?

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 PM

I like that idea. x3 But characters makes me always want to cosplay. D8 In threads as well, lol. x3 But like I said, i will probably stick to the prize pool gathering.

Also, I won't vote. My computer has got no sound and I don't think I will get it any time soon.

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 PM

It's okay... Planning Committee members probably shouldn't be allowed to vote anyways. ^__^;; Yeah, that wouldn't really be fair, right?

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:44 PM

the girl will be a rocker and the guy will be the coffe-house dude, they'll be doing a duet, the girl will be probably in mid air while the guy is sitting on the stage legs hanging off looking like he's blurting out a melodious tune lol

and i think the scheme should be something new-age something relating to attracting the eye, like a blue and green type of thing.. oooo or menewshan colours. Neon colours tend to attract the eye more though because they're so different.

Ohh and mai i'll be drafting the banners soon lol i just have to look up the appropriate sizes

committee members shouldnt be allowed to vote that would be totally unfair, we should appoint people to the position, like having a judges table type of thing :D

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Won't there will be just regular voting by memebers and stuff, so no judge table or anything? XD

And I like the idea, Kai. It would make really awesome banner.
Buut I don't like neoon colors. D: They eat my eyes away so if possible, could they be some calmer tones? As long as it doesn't take away some publicity from us or something. x3

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 05:57 PM

I agree with Mommy on this; neon colors make my eyes bleed. O___O;;; I want my eyes to stay pretty and intact so I can help y'all plan. XD Something calmer would be good. It can still be "pop-y" or whatever, but just not... not neon. ;__;

Oh, and guys! For when it's time for non-Entrants and non-PC-ers to vote, how about instead of the "top 3", we have categories? That will make it easier for people to get prizes, and more prizes to boot.

I was thinking like:

-Most Emotion
-Best Imitation of Song's Original Singer
-Most Humorous (would probably only apply for videos)
-Most Sorrowful
-Made Me Want to Dance
-Best Dancer (would also apply only to videos)
-etc.

What do you think? We would probably have to have video-only categories and audio-only categories, too.

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 PM

absolutely, not neon neon colours just bright enough for you to say "oh wow look at that" like the different colour names that the mods get, you see a sea of blue names and then oh wow there's red, or yellow, pink and my fav purple. So if we could make the banners like a sky blue or mauve we should be fine :D

ooo i'm glad you like the idea :D i'm going to need to get started on these banners soon i have one idea that's been buggin me all day :D

oooo i like that idea mai!!!! :) oooooo *gushes over it* i really really really like it!!

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 06:07 PM

Omg you love Purple? D8 I DO TOO. So, if it includes it, I will love it. XD AHAHA. ^^;;;
If they'e not eyebleedingly bright then I'm fine with anything, actually. I don't mind some contrast. x3

I liketh the idea, too, Mai. *snuggles* It would be really awesome. <3! I love this idea altogether, actually. =P

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:15 PM

mai came up with it lol we're just along for the ride XD *flutters off to work on the banners*

EDIT:
are we going with the name "menewsha's got talent?"

Last edited by Kai La Morte; 08-06-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 06:29 PM

Okay, so that's something we need to consider.

Let's have a vote, people!

1. MENEWSHAN IDOL

or

2. MENE'S GOT TALENT

I think I like Menewshan Idol, because they just have singing (okay, so I've never watched it, but that's what I've gathered over the years). And Mene's Got Talent suggests that we're allowing entries other than just singing (like dancing, juggling, etc? Granted, I've never watched that show, either). So yeah. That's my vote. ^__^;;;

Also, I'm thinking that at least 3 main colors should be chosen for the thread. What colors? I think I saw a definite leaning towards purple... XD We should try making them sorta unisex colors, right?

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Menewshan idol!! *jumps around squeeling*

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 PM

Menewhsan Idol. <3_<3

And I like that suggested thing, Mai. XD *too lazy to reply in profile messages XD*

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 06:46 PM

Menewshan Idol it is! =D *Mai edits first post which shall henceforth contain the fruits of our planning labors*

Soooo. NEXT.

Color scheme! =D Choose 3 colors that you think would appeal to the rest of your fellow Menewshans, and choose them well. O__O;;

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 PM

bright colours.. hmm.. i'd say something like my profile, blue, green and a pink/purple or yellow

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 PM

We might want to stay away from blue... Just because it's so prominent in Menewsha anyways, and the Menewshan Jeopardy game going on right now has blue for its main color.

Just my thoughts on that. ^__^

Also, whenever you have thoughts about what could go into the Voting Categories, just throw them out! We want as many categories as possible. Moar categories = moar prizes = moar entrants (if Mai's math skillz are correct).

:3

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 PM

lol very true people want prizes, they dont want to be reminded of how horrible they may be or if they loose could make them cry, everyone should at least get a prize for entering lol

okay no blue.. hmm ooo orange!!!! :D orange is VERY eye catching lol sweet!!

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Oooh, orange sounds good. Orange, purple, and maybe a more neutral color to even it out? Brown? I'm thinking if we throw in black with orange, it will look too Halloween-y. =P

Orange, purple, and brown, or orange, red and brown? If we're going to hold this in the Fall (I'll be contacting mods about that later on in the planning process), that might work with the colors of the season. :3 And we could use the latter color combo to be both coffee-house-y AND sorta grunge-y.

Okay, so that's me. Anything else?

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:10 PM

ooo i'll make three colour templates and post them up here and ask for you to vote on which ones and the winner will go in our signatures if you want to put them there :)

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 PM

That sounds like a good idea to me, Kai. Thanks. ^__^

Ooooh. I know. Once we get the banners for the "official" contest thread figured out, how about one of us makes signatures for the Planning Committee? They can say all "MENEWSHAN IDOL PLANNING COMMITTEE", and then for each of us there can be our roles on the committee. =D And they can link to this thread so people can check it out. What do you guys think?

Should we hunt down people to be on the PC on our own, or be all like "Okay, we're accepting applications"? If you guys think it should be the latter, then we really should have like a form and everything, right? Would I be handling that since I'm "Head Organizer?"

Thoughts plz. :3

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:19 PM

yes i love that idea, it could have the face of each of our avi's and our name, then what role we're playing in this all lol i really like that, we should hold off until we are ready to completely get the event started, we should have more people hunting down menewshan's asking them if they like to sing---- a thread! we can make a thread, when the time is riht of course, asking people if they like to sing, if so then enter the contest!!!! oooo!!!!

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 PM

I read the rules on user-events and such, and they don't allow things like that. The rules are all

"Your planning thread IS your advertising thread."

So yeah. ^__^;; We have to use our signatures to get people's interest. According to the tips they gave, there should be:

1 signature for the early planning stages
1 signature for the wrapping-up stages
1 signature for the actual contest

And link them all to this planning thread, and later to the contest thread itself. Sound good?