Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 PM

sounds very good actually :) Hmmmm i better be getting to work on drawing them -.- holy wowz

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Don't stress yourself, now, Kai. ^__^;;;;; Should I make the planning signatures instead of you? I don't want you taking on more than you're willing to.

Oh, and a question came up from someone else.

For entries, are songs in foreign languages allowed? Or should we only allow English? There are people on here for whom English is not their first language, so...

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 PM

it should be open to all languages, sorry for the late reply i got distracted :gonk:

honestly if they cant sing in english let them do it in their language, they could have an amazing voice and we dont want to turn anyone away, right?

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM

That sounds reasonable. ^__^ Hmm... I wonder where Rainy is. O__O;;;

*Mai gets out a Rainy-call whistle and begins to blow it*

So... What other things need to be discussed, thought of, etc?

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 08:03 PM

hmm... *sips on soda* not quite sure, other than ooo how about original songs, we can accept them but the lyrics must be approved of first, no swearing (like saying the F word or anything like that) you can say ass, mild things like that.

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 PM

I think that we should ban all "bad words", insunuitave language, etc. We want this contest to be open and friendly to everyone, you know? And everyone has a different opinion of what's okay and what's not, so we should keep it on the safe side. =)

But yeah, original songs should be acceptable as well. ^__^ But the lyrics have to be submitted along with the song, right?

Hmmm, on second thought let's see what Anna and Rainy have to say about this one.

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 PM

agreed but i do agree with keeping it pure with NO swearing what so ever, lets keep these ideas in mind but we do need to discuss it with the others before making any decisions.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 PM

I agree on no cursing stuff. I mean, there are toooonsss of GREAT songs that doesn't include any of it. x3 Like... -enterrantofallherfavoritesongshereXD-

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 08-06-2009, 09:08 PM

I'M SO BEHIND! *dies*
I like Menewshan Idol, because that implies singing alone. :3
I love your banner idea, Kai. <3
I like the idea of Purple, White and Green?... but I can't really think of anything good without blue. >.>;
I also like the Categories idea.
Although, I think allowing them to submit their own songs would defeat the purpose of Karaoke... but it doesn't sound like a bad idea... :3

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:14 PM

lol sometimes letting people submit their own songs make them comfortable, i know if they're anything like my friend courtney, they'll make their songs absolutely magnificant XD

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Hmm... Yeah, I think Anna has a point. It might sway people's vote simply if people have their own original songs... So maybe we should keep this contest strictly for karaoke. Thoughts?

Oh, we've got a new Planning Committee member, guys. Please say hi to oHsoDemandinG... When she gets here. ^__^ I just call her Ohso for short, though. :3

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:22 PM

lol sounds good and very true.. hmmm.. okay no original songs, strictly copyrighted ones! okay gotcha, no rap though because no matter how you do it anyone can rap. The songs HAVE to have a melody to them.

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 PM

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm late.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Ohso is everywhere. XD
And, hey, guys, I need opinion on prizes. owo It should be something neat, right?
How about something for every participant? Maybe flowers? The big rose boquotes (SP..?) are rather expensive, though... Single red rose? Any other ideas? XD

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 PM

hi osho!

and Rainy i think it should be some magnificant like a glass rose ^_^ hehehe :drool: yes glass rose mmm i like that, or does it have to be an item that already exists?

oHsoDemandinG

Old 08-06-2009, 09:33 PM

Hey Rain and Kai!!

I think that's a cool idea about the bouquets. However some people might want something a little more "valuable". It takes a lot of courage to post of video of yourself singing for the internet to see.

Also about the banner. I think yellow should possible be included. You know like lights or maybe star or something.

Just thought I 'd jump in. :sweat:

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 PM

OMG SPOT LIGHTS! the type you see for car sales and stuff! osho you're a genious!!! :glomp:

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 PM

But if everybody gets something regardless, that takes away some of the fun of striving for a goal (in this case to be voted into a category). If that makes any sense... I just don't see the point in entering a contest if you're going to be guaranteed something regardless. You know?

I was thinking that since you're in charge of handling the obtaining and holding onto and giving of prizes, Rainy, that you could make it blaringly apparent (without being spammy--in your signature or something?) that we need donations in order to give as prizes for the different voting categories. You'd be collecting items and gold, and the gold that you get as donations for this contest you could use to buy the rarer items. Does that make sense?

Uhhh... Now that I think about it, how ARE we going to be able to get donations without being "donate items\gold to our contest plz kthxbai"; I think that's against the rules somewhere. O__o;;

Oooh, spotlights. 8D I'll add that to the design elements then, Kai?

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:36 PM

okay! sounds good!!! *rushes to photoshop*

oHsoDemandinG

Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 PM

Aww thanks. I try. Lol. Oh Kai your doing the banners right. I was messing around with this font generator thingy and I saw some really cool ones. Your don't have to use it but I thought it might help with the brainstorming. Click here. It's just and idea.

About what Mai said I agree. There wouldnt be any point to join if everyone gets something. On the otherhand, peoplee might join just because everyone gets something. So the entries might not have much effort put into them.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM

But I mean, the rela winners would get bigger stuff, the won nothing people would only get the boquets... And they're better than nothing, I think. D:
And I would see point... I would find it sweet if someone gifted me something, even if it's cheap, with note "Thank you for entering. <3" But maybe it's just me.

I just remember it was so with avatar contest in circus. I ddin't win anything but I ha really hoped. I was sad and then Ivvy sent me a yumeh pin and was all 'Hey, thanks for entering' and I was sooo very happy. ><

And, uhm, I am taking too much on my hands,s eriosuly. <y own charity, Rainbow Fest, then this and helping friends with quests... But it's too late. OH WELL. XD I will add it to my siggy, like "Questing: Chaor Armor, Gold & Items for Charity and Karaoke (-insert link to this thread-)"

Sounds good, right? x3 Some people are just generous enough to donate when they see someone trying to do something. ^^

Kai La Morte
Married to Daemosa!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Thank you so much! :glomp: again hehehe

the link didnt take me anywhere *cries* oh well i'll find something on my photoshop, uhm... i have a chaos armor >_> ^_^

Last edited by Kai La Morte; 08-06-2009 at 09:49 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-06-2009, 09:47 PM

Well, the categories would just be all "Made Me Want to Dance" and everything. There wouldn't be all "OMG THIS PERSON IS THE BESTEST SINGER AND THIS OTHER PERSON SUCKS." And besides, it IS a competition. Gotta draw the line on being nice somewhere. XD

Uhm... Okay. O__o;; Wish you'd told me that sooner when you agreed to be the Prize Vault Keeper, but yeah. Maybe I didn't make the "job requirements" clear. =P

Should I make the "position" up for grabs, then? I don't want you to have too much on your hands.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-06-2009, 09:49 PM

No, no, I will do fine, if only I am not only one dealing with it... Like, if you would help me with some bits of gold now and then, if you can spare. XD If not, I will try to deal. I don't care if I ever get anything for my self that much anyway.

AND I KNOW!!! I figured out the x I needed. I mean, they would not KNOW they would get something. Only after the contest ended, I would send everyone something. Does that sound better. Suprise luff gift for participating. x3

oHsoDemandinG

Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Oh question. Is the judging based on singing ability or how they presented their video or self. Sorry if it's a confusing question. It sounded better in my head.

:D