View Poll Results: What should the next 5 of 5 theme be?
Open-ended, like this one 2 11.76%
Character Themes 6 35.29%
Humor 8 47.06%
Poignance (moving; serious in nature) 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2009, 08:35 AM

WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR MUSIC, ANIME, AND POSSIBLY MANGA! YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED.

Alright, with all the spoiler warning out of the way, on to the main event! I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen someone else with a similar thread, yet, what with the tantalizing YouTube tag option available. I'm probably just missing it. :3 I'll be sure to link you if you have one, or make one of your own, just drop me a PM (there's a chance I might miss a post).

To begin with, I shall start out with a few definitions to keep in mind. This is for AMVs only. That stands for 'Anime Music Video'. Not slideshows. Not videogames. Not American style cartoons (it's fine if it originates in America, if it's made in an anime style). This is not to say that the occasional manga insert of the equivalent anime will disqualify your submission, just don't overdo it. xD

This below is a hilarious (to me) video, but it is not an AMV. I like it, but it would be disqualified instantly because it uses video game clips and no anime of any kind.

(It's also very poor in graphics, but that only loses rating points, not qualification. xD)

This one is also unacceptable; it contains only an anime clip, and no music:

This would be an example of an acceptable submission:

It contains anime, and music, which are the main points of acceptance.

AMVs will be rated by the following criteria:

Quote:
Kitten Disaster's Grading Method: Each category receives 0 - 5 points, then the sum total of all categories together is divided by 5
Quote:
Graphic Quality [5]
--- Image pixelatization, or sufferance from compression and decompression (2)
--- Over 50% still shots or image clips (2)
--- Overuse of a single clip or scene, where not necessary (1)

Sound Quality [5]
--- Volume unpredictable; too soft in places, too loud in others (1)
--- Comprehension; I only speak English. I know it's a large failing in me, but that's how it goes. If I can't understand what they're singing or saying or rapping, then I cannot judge it fairly. (3)
--- Vocals; musical pieces are beautiful, it's true, but it's the inclusion of the words that make it worth watching. (1)

Synchronization [5]
--- Action/Situations; did what the characters were doing/where they were match up with what the singers were talking about? (2)
--- Lip Synching; did it look like the characters were actually singing the song? (2)
--- Effects; did visual effects (emo gloom, storm of anger, etc) match up with musical riffs? (1)

On Topic [5]
--- Did it follow a single theme overall without deviations? (3)
--- Did it follow the stated topic of the contest/posted theme? (2)

Personal Appeal [5]
This one is admittedly a little more subjective; this part will be judged first before overanalyzing sucks all the charm out (it can happen, and I want to give you the best possible chance). Your points in this category will be ONE of the following:
--- I wish I had that time back to waste on something else. (0)
--- I've seen much better. (1)
--- Not best ever, but better than doing nothing. (2)
--- I'm probably going to mention this to someone else. (3)
--- I'm sooo adding this to my playlist!! xD (4)
--- It was the most beautiful/funniest/creepiest/etc thing I've seen in a very long time. (5)
If you intend to rate in this thread, you must use the above criteria, as well, OR submit me your own method so I can post it up here.

==================================================
CONTESTS

-----------------------------------
Five of Five (free, no prize)

Every group of five AMVs are put together and judged, once twenty-five have entered. The top in each category moves on to the next round, where the final winner is chosen.

Five of Five (10g to enter, win up to 125g)

Every group of five AMVs are put together and judged, once twenty-five have entered. The top in each category wins 25g and moves on to the next round, where the final winner is chosen and awarded an additional 100g.

TOP FIVE of FIVE of FIVE ( @x@;; That made me a little dizzy... )
(The top five of five winners according to Kitten (prize contest), then according to the poll (free contest).)

Last edited by Kitten Disaster; 09-04-2009 at 04:45 AM..

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 AM

For a YouTube post, simply place (youtube) and (/youtube) on either side of the video's link, only use [ and ] instead of ( and ).

Quote:
You may submit YouTube videos you have not made PROVIDED you make sure to credit the original artists.

A hyperlink to the original page on YouTube is required in addition to the tag. If it says in the description that they found it somewhere else and forgot who, it will be disqualified, so check.

If you see one of your videos being submitted in a contest that you wanted to submit yourself, first POLITELY discuss it with person that entered it. If no agreement can be arranged, it will go to the original artist, but also pulled from this particular contest. Their property, ladies and gentlemen, their rules, their rights.

If you claim originality of a particular video, you must comment my GummyHorde profile on YouTube and include your Menewsha username.

{There will be contests in the future for original artists only, so be prepared!}

Last edited by Kitten Disaster; 09-03-2009 at 08:55 AM..

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 AM

reserved for past contests

Last edited by Kitten Disaster; 09-03-2009 at 08:53 AM..

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 AM

you may post now

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Omg! The kyouya one is amazing. I make amvs, though definately not as good as that take a look at my pokemon/dn angel one?
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bD2O...e=channel_page

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 04:38 AM

Would you mind adding another link with a YouTube tag around it? Not everyone can handle the YouTube site itself. (I can, but I want everyone to see your lovely vid! xD)

The overall rating of your AMV is: 3.6 out of 5

It was a great choice, over all, but you could probably have handled the graphics part a little better.

Last edited by Kitten Disaster; 09-04-2009 at 09:19 AM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Disaster View Post
Would you mind adding another link with a YouTube tag around it? Not everyone can handle the YouTube site itself. (I can, but I want everyone to see your lovely vid! xD)

The overall rating of your AMV is: 3.6 out of 5

It was a great choice, over all, but you could probably have handled the graphics part a little better.

double-post reported, sorry... ^^;;;
I don;t know how to do that.
ANd I could really have done the graphic any better because it;s really hard to get good quality clips anywhere. Did you watch in HQ?

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 09:21 AM

Yes'm! I always watch in HQ.

That's what I meant, finding better quality clips. I have good results at Cartoon World. You should try that, they even have non-subtitled eps.

EDIT: you just put (youtube) and (/youtube) around it, only with [] instead of ()

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 09:39 AM

Yeah but it;s finding the space on my hard drive too. And getting the time. Lol.
Did you make the kyouya one?

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 AM

Oh, no, no, no. xD I wish! -_-;; I haven't made a single AMV I like enough to actually save.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 AM

You should put your money where your mouth is! Tee hee. ^^

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM

Yeah, but my problem is the only thing I can get my hands on is WMM. >< I hates it! It hates us, precioussss!

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 AM

It does it does! It'sd the freezyest thing ever. I;d say the amv I;m most proud of would be my f inal fantasy one, but i canlt upload it because of copyright...>.>

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 AM

That's not true! As long as you say you don't make any profit, and neither soundtrack nor clips belong to you, you shouldn't get in trouble. You just have to make sure to put the disclaimer there.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 AM

I did. I do everytime. Youtube took it down. Yet theres load of vids that have used the samne song and similar clips as me.

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 AM

How odd... Maybe they did so for a different reason? Perhaps you need to word it differently.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Well I canlt re upload it. So yeah. </3

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 10:30 AM

You could try throwing it up on another site, like Veoh. I don't they're as strict.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 AM

I tryed that! And they wouldn't let me, they gave me a severe warning xD LOL

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 AM

._. Wow. You just have the worstest luck, huh?

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 10:49 AM

Yup, and it really was brilliant! (not bragging) xD

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 AM

...Would you send it to me over mail as an attachment? :3 I could try for you!

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 01:40 PM

Wouldn't it be too big to send as an attachment?

Kitten Disaster
*^_^*

Old 09-04-2009, 02:20 PM

I don't think so.... O.o

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 09-04-2009, 02:32 PM

I'll sne dit later, I canlt be bothered tbh.