Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2017, 05:01 PM

So I haven't seen the movie yet, I might see it today if I have time, but after the reviews I'm super excited. Especially because it might create a new genre that's currently being labeled "social thrillers."

From what I understand, Jordan Peele is going to be making several more movies under this tenative description. To me it's, like, movies about real topics that society refuses to acknowledge. Things that could happen, do happen, and, even when exaggerated are horrifying because we have to ash ourselves if this could happen, usually because things like this have happened before.

Now I don't know how accurate this is since, as stated, I haven't seen the movie, but you get the gist from commercials, and reviews have been good about not spilling the plot.

Question: Are you excited about a new genre that runs on going after society's sore spots and taps into inner fears? Have you seen "Get Out" or, if not, will you?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-14-2017, 10:00 AM

I don't really watch horror movies but I do study film and I'm super excited about the whole idea of Get Out even if I never watch it.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2017, 01:25 PM

I'm so mad I forgot to see it yesterday but I'm checking movie times so I can go today. I'm going to come back here and freak out after I do, lol

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 03-15-2017, 01:50 PM

I got the chance to see it a couple weeks ago.
I think it is a fantastic piece.

It takes a lot to unsettle me, and it shook me to the core. I highly recommend it, especially if you're black/nb person of color.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 PM

On my way noooooow! I shall report back in like 3 hours

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2017, 02:14 PM

Oh... my... goodness... guys, this movie is everything and more. You need to see it, preferrably in theaters for the full skin-crawling experience.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-21-2017, 10:04 PM

I watched this movie and it's great. I recommended it to people and they all liked it. Very nice indeed

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 05-16-2017, 04:37 AM

I could get down with the concept of Social Thrillers, especially if they deliver as well as this movie.

I've always been a fan of horror that is more atmospheric and this movie had that in spades. The writing, the performances, the cinematography... it all worked together so wonderfully. The social commentary was so on point and it's just all around an enjoyable watch.

Vela
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2017, 09:40 PM

I need to see it. When I first saw the trailer I misjudged it and was like, "who made this!! *angery face*" which was so dumb lol. I'm absolutely here for "social thrillers" though. Maybe it can help some of these sleep people in the world wake up. :U

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 AM

Is it on Netflix