Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 PM

A brave new world on the gaming frontier has arisen, with the highly-anticipated Sword Art Online Virtual MMORPG's upcoming release. Hundreds line up to play the game, but plug in to a deadly trap... What do you do? Will you rise to meet the challenge the game developers set before you, or will you rest in the safety of our towns? Will you pass bravely into death, or survive the trials of the online world?

. _ . ________________________________________________ . _ .

Welcome to Sword Art Online

RP Link

Welcome! This is the OOC thread for A Game of Dreams (*shot*), an SAO RP!

Those who choose to make characters to enter this brave new world of ours can all chatter here, about the RP or otherwise!

IMPORTANT

All characters will be for players going into the game itself, no AI strangeness (like with Yui) unless we discuss it first. We will begin on release day, with all players' initial jump into the game, and go from there on.

Canons may be included briefly in posts, but not played, because I'd like our original characters to come up with a new solution to the catastrophe of needing to get to the 100th floor of Aincrad (the floating castle) and defeat the ultimate boss (which we will discuss later on). Kayaba (the game developer) will be played briefly by me as he makes his first announcement to the players that they are trapped, but he will not otherwise be involved, as the other Canons.

If you would like to have a beta-tester, you may, but I wish to keep their numbers somewhat limited. There may be one beta-tester per person, but keep in mind that their skills will have been reset since the beta is over. They just have extra knowledge of the game.

Your character cannot be released from the game unless they die, or we create a solution together. In other words, no deciding on your own when everyone is released from the game. We can talk about that here.

Let's have at it!

Character Profiles

Please PM me these so I can add them!

Quote:
[B]Appearance :[/B] (picture)

[B]Name :[/B] (first, 'username', last)

[B]Age : [/B] (real age)

[B]Gender : [/B] (male/female)

[B]Personality :[/B] (you can be as detailed or brief as you'd like)

[B]Personal Bio : [/B] (optional)

Accepted Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapefruit Wannabe

Quote:
Older Brother

Name : Haru 'Edenguard' Bishop

Personality : Very competitive and hyper. Likes to goof around. He's very friendly and does better in groups then alone.
Is straight, but gets red and awkward around girls.

Personal Bio : Haru is the older brother. Haru and Makoto have different father's so they don't see each other very often but when Haru does see his little brother he bugs him to play games.
Haru lives alone with his father.
Quote:
Younger Brother

Name : Makoto 'Wylore' Ashikaga

Personality : Doesn't express his emotions very well but is very attached to his older brother. Is not very good around other people.

Personal Bio : Is the heir to his fathers company so he is treated like a prince. He has never gone to school instead he has home tutors. He doesn't really see his parents often as his mother travels a lot and his father is always working.
He enjoys it when his Haru comes over for surprise visits to play.
Is this okay? Did I do it right or no good try again?
I assumed this was in japan like SAO was.
I drew the outfits based on the starter clothing seen in episode one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKasumi
Appearance :

Name : Britannia "Kitten" Birch

Personality : She can seem shy at first, but once you get to know her you will notice she has a loud and outgoing personality. Which will make you wonder why she comes off as shy in the first place. She seems like a genuinely kind gal, but beneath that surface of doll like innocence is a dangerous volcano waiting to erupt at the perfect moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKasumi
Appearance :

Name : Alexander "Shin" Cross

Personality : He likes to keep to himself half the time. Usually he will tell someone what he is thinking and how he feels about a situation or about them. He may be either shy or just anti-social. Either way he comes off as loner to those he doesn't know, probably even stuck up. Despite this he longs for social interaction, that's one of the reasons he plays video games.. specifically MMOs.

Personal Bio : Background: He still lives with his parents but he is looking for a place to call his own. His parent's are just your average parents, though his older sister and younger brother are another story. She's off running the streets, while the youngest is into being gothic/emo he never could tell what he was, just thought he loved wearing black and doing crazy things with his hair. To their parents Alexander seemed like the normal one more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra
Appearance :

Name : Trinity "Florina" Belltower

Personality : Interfering, Competitive, Serious, & Gullible.

Personal Bio : Trinity is an A- student, and is committed to her future. She has aspirations of graduating college, having a successful career, and doesn't leave time for making friends or hanging out with others. She's more family oriented.

Though Trinity's step brother and her don't get along, he was able to acquire 2 copies of Sword Art Online. She doesn't really play any MMO's, but her parents encouraged her try do something with him, so she accepted his offer of playing the game with him. On the day when the game was open for playing, her step brother had fallen ill, he said he would join her the next day, and just to get a feel for the game until then.
Appearance :

Name : Eloise “Elly” Ventura

Personality : She’s a friendly, open person with a lot of compassion for others. While she likes having company around, she often daydreams and drifts away into her thoughts mid-conversation. She has an adventurous spirit and a strong will when she’s determined, enabling her to keep her composure under pressure. However, she can sometimes be a tad oversensitive and her mood can plummet quickly based on those around her.

Personal Bio : Eloise has always been a sweet girl, artistic and curious, but she always grew rather lonely without the company of others. She has no siblings and her parents are not often around, leaving her alone for several hours a day so that she needed to find her own entertainment. This is what first got her into gaming— there was no shortage of people, an infinite number of things to do, and best of all, she got to adventure to her heart’s desire! This lead her to be one of the first to experience virtual gaming when SAO began with beta-testing, and she loved every second she spent in-game.

Appearance :

Name : Jasper “Destrian" Eveque

Personality : He’s a truly relaxed, calm person at heart. Few things ever do rile him up, but when he does lose his cool, he tends to remain determined on fixing whatever threw him off until the issue is solved. He can be quite a goofball when given the chance to speak at length with someone, but sometimes doesn’t know when he should be taking something more seriously until the situation becomes truly horrible.

Personal Bio : He grew up in a household with his father and older sister, both loving and tolerable of his goofy nature. He doesn’t get to spend a lot of time with them, they are all rather busy people, but he always looks forward to the few opportunities they do get. He never made a huge number of friends, but he cherished the ones he did make and often spent time with them after school. School was never something he took seriously, but he did what he needed to do to get by alright and get ready for graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose
Appearance :

Name : Layla "Noxaura" Collins

Personality : Shy at first, quiet, a loner, confident when it comes to her gaming abilities, strong, a bit naive, stubborn, patient and tolerant.

Personal Bio : Is the artsy type and very much a gamer. Layla uses the virtual world to escape the real one where she is misunderstood, under estimated and constantly compared to her twin sister. She would be playing SAO whether or not her sister had challenged her to see who could beat the game first.

Appearance :

Name : Dawndrea "Aruzhan" Collins

Personality : Confident, smart, stubborn, naive, childish, impatient and kind.

Personal Bio : Unlike Layla she isn't much of a gamer. She much prefers hangout with her friends in the real world. Dawndrea isn't sure when it happened, but at some point there became a rift between her and her twin sister. They use to be so close when they were little, but now it's like they are total opposites. Wanting to try to reconnect with her sister and also to prove which of them was the best at gaming she foolishly challenged Layla to play the new game SAO. The winner would be the one who finished the game first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoto
Appearance :

Name :
Hiero "Cress" Valentine

Personality :
Hiero is a fun loving and kind hearted goofball. He has the type of personality that naturally attracts others to him. Bold and blunt, he is warm and easygoing. He has a light disposition, and a self sacrificial nature for those he cares about. But do not be taken over completely by his pretty face. He can be colder and dark when he wants to be, a mystery at heart, who often likes to keep the subject off of himself.

Personal Bio :
Wouldn't you like to know...

---------- Post added 08-23-2014 at 07:31 PM ----------

blueblackrose:
PrincessKasumi:
Shadowgamer42:
Grapefruit Wannabe:

You can now chat in here and submit your characters! The RP can start once they're all up!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-08-2014 at 01:21 AM..

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 08-24-2014, 02:27 AM

First! lol. XD

Fun, fun....now to decide if I want my character to be a beater or not.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 08-24-2014, 04:08 PM

Yay :) time to do my favorite thing in making a profile. Picture hunting!

Arc Angel

Old 08-24-2014, 04:50 PM

Awesome! ^^ I look forward to seeing em!
I got a few from people already that I'll be posting a bit later ~

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 08-24-2014, 11:43 PM

Should the picture be of our character's real world self or their SAO avatar?

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 08-25-2014, 01:06 AM

oh yeah, shouldnt their be a section for real self pictures too?

Grapefruit Wannabe
One day I will be a grapefruit!

Old 08-25-2014, 01:07 AM

Well the avatars do go away rather quickly. So maybe just your real life face?

Arc Angel

Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 AM

I thought their real selves would be enough, but if you'd like to add their avatars you may. ^^

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 08-25-2014, 01:58 AM

Ok, I was just curious.

Arc Angel

Old 08-25-2014, 05:10 AM

It was a good question~

Accepted character are now updated!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-25-2014, 10:40 PM

Well hello everyone ^_^

Arc Angel

Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 PM

Hi! *waves*

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-25-2014, 11:42 PM

I wasn't planning on watching a bunch of episodes of SAO, but now I just can't stop >_>

Arc Angel

Old 08-26-2014, 12:01 AM

Awww... That happens. ^^;;

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-26-2014, 12:06 AM

I really should have cleaned my room today... oh well V_V

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 08-26-2014, 12:08 AM

Gonna try to have my character(s) in some time tonight.

Arc Angel

Old 08-26-2014, 12:58 AM

Aww, did SAO stop you, Libra?

Awesome! I'll get mine done, too. Once they're all in I'll get a thread ready for the RP~

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-26-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Aww, did SAO stop you, Libra?

Awesome! I'll get mine done, too. Once they're all in I'll get a thread ready for the RP~
It definitely did T.T so worth it though.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 08-26-2014, 01:22 AM

I see Libra got sucked into SAO. How do you like it? xD

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-26-2014, 01:37 AM

I mean, Ever since .hack I've loved the idea of mmo virtual reality animes, so naturally I love it. I'm on episode 7 I think?

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 08-26-2014, 03:40 AM

Hmmm...everyone is going teen for character age. Maybe I should rethink mine, lol.

Also Arc what do you think about having a pair of twins/siblings in the game who are extreme rivals? They don't necessarily hate each other. It's more that they are very competitive and want to prove which of them is the best once and for all.

Arc Angel

Old 08-26-2014, 11:43 AM

I can see why you would be sucked in xD

blueblackrose: I'm still trying to decide on ages for mine, too lol.

That sounds like it'd be fun! Competition makes things interesting ~

Grapefruit Wannabe
One day I will be a grapefruit!

Old 08-27-2014, 05:52 AM

Group photo. I'm pretty excited to start. c:

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-27-2014, 06:54 AM

That's super cute grape! :D

Arc Angel