PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 AM

The characters are kind of driving me up the wall.... Soph is bossy, but in this she's not bossy because she's terrified of getting killed during a tournament to the death .. And Arkerril is an arrogant jerk who suddenly finds himself protecting her because she saved his life... ><

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 AM

haha, sounds fun. is it hard because your characters are being a little righteously ooc?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 AM

I don't think they're being ooc per say ... Their lives are on the line so their actions are different then they would be normally, and she only gets really bossy after being in the tournament ... Except I have no clue why that happens per say

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 AM

that's why I said righteously ooc. like, they have a reason to be, but it's not how you usually write them. sounds like you need to figure out just what about that tournament makes her really bossy. does she win? or maybe he takes to bossing people for they're own good, you know, to keep them alive. If she's got friends in it that is.

uooo, *shivers* creepy creepy creepy. My own writing is giving me the chills. After writing the final scene, I don't think I want to edit this anymore! T.T omg, story. That ending, omg, that evil character. I'm...a...going to go eat dinner now I think. I wanna take a shower to wash the creepiness away, but I'll just indulge in ice cream instead.
bye.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 AM

Hello guys! Thanks for the invite, Kat. :)
I haven't RP'd for quite a while, but it is something I've been thinking about getting back into. I hope that's alright...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 AM

oh how nice it is to see a Zea here! doesn't matter if you haven't rped in a while. you are still fun to talk writing with. how have you been?

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:37 AM

Aw, why thank you! :D
I've been good; the new school year starts on Wednesday so I'm kicking back and enjoying my freedom while I still can at the moment. Yourself?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 AM

lucky you. I'm already two weeks into my semester. I'm currently doing homework while online so you can guess how it is.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 AM

Ah, fair enough.
I just briefly read back over the thread: are you still working on that short story from before? How's that going.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 AM

I finished writing it. I still need to edit it though. I need to take a break though because the ending isn't very happy...

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 AM

That's understandable. It's good that you've finished the writing, though. :)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 AM

very good. I think I rather like it too. not sure what others in my class will think....
right now I'm critiquing some of my classmate's stories. it's real nice being in advanced fiction. the stories are quite good.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
that's why I said righteously ooc. like, they have a reason to be, but it's not how you usually write them. sounds like you need to figure out just what about that tournament makes her really bossy. does she win? or maybe he takes to bossing people for they're own good, you know, to keep them alive. If she's got friends in it that is.

uooo, *shivers* creepy creepy creepy. My own writing is giving me the chills. After writing the final scene, I don't think I want to edit this anymore! T.T omg, story. That ending, omg, that evil character. I'm...a...going to go eat dinner now I think. I wanna take a shower to wash the creepiness away, but I'll just indulge in ice cream instead.
bye.
Well see, Ark is kind of too much of an angry jerk for his own good, he gets himself into a world of trouble because he lets his anger speak for him so ... Soph's personality changes so she can boss him around and take care of him after he saves her life many times over during the tournament ... Though in truth she saves his life just as much, she just doesn't remember it because she went berserk and killed everyone except Ark, because of a bond they made after her first episode ...

What did you write that's so creepy?

Hello Pear!

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 AM

That sounds fun. I always enjoy reading other people's work; I feel like it shows a side of them that I haven't seen before, especially when it comes to close friends. :)

Hello Papillon!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 AM

How's it going?

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 AM

It's going pretty good. :) You?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 AM

I am actually working on a character profile at the moment for an rp with some friends. So pretty good

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 AM

I always enjoy writing up character profiles. :) If you don't mind me asking, what's your RP about?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 AM

It's about the Earth or Gaia calling out for help, and waking dragons, and getting the descendents of the supernatural beings which once populated it to help her .... It's more complicated then that, but I can't really explain it all that well. ^^'

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM

Well, it sounds fun and interesting so far. :D I think the last RP I did was a pretty mundane Hunger Games one with my school friends over the period of a few lunchtimes.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo View Post
Well see, Ark is kind of too much of an angry jerk for his own good, he gets himself into a world of trouble because he lets his anger speak for him so ... Soph's personality changes so she can boss him around and take care of him after he saves her life many times over during the tournament ... Though in truth she saves his life just as much, she just doesn't remember it because she went berserk and killed everyone except Ark, because of a bond they made after her first episode ...

What did you write that's so creepy?

Hello Pear!
ah, that makes sense. sounds like those two characters have a hell of bond between them. I love stuff like that.

oh you know, just a guy that loves someone so much he kills everyone important to that person. and then my main character found a reason to live through revenge. I can see the sadistic look on his face right now and it's most unpleasant.

profiles are fun to write!! I made a fun meme the other day and filled it out for my oc's.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 AM

Well he's bonded to her as Soph's guardian because she's a witch, but she ends up keeping him out of trouble more then anything else. Oh, really? It shows that much? lol

Oh my ... *shudders* And I thought Maldue cutting off the power in the city, making everyone crash and people in the hospital dying was bad .. This is a villain in an rp .. Yeah, I was testing him out for a story, and he ended up way overboard because he's a crazy corrupted fae.

Yes they are! Though it's also frustrating . ...

UserName: PapillonCameo
Name: Karlin Archer
Ancestry: Her ancestor was a fire fae of much renown who entertained the various courts of the time with his talent for manipulating fire in unusual ways. He could paint landscapes, create temporarily living creatures, and other such feats, all with nothing more then flickering flames.
Heirloom: A magical accident during practice with one of his friends caused the fire fae to capture a part of his earth mage friend's soul within a shapeless piece of glass. Though it might have seemed like nothing more then a lifeless lump, part rough and part smooth, and inner flame lights it depths for those who care to look. It was hung upon a silver chain, and passed down through the generations until it reached Karlin with the story that it was something precious that needed to be guarded.
Appearance: With hair the color of orange flames, Karlin's heritage doesn't very much shine through in any other aspect. She is curvaceous with bright green eyes and has a ready smile and prefers to wear corsets and jeans, with an optional jacket, and leather ankle boots, to anything else. She isn't very much one for frills, and so avoids them most of the time.

This is what I have so far, what do you guys think?

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:29 AM

This is more technical than anything else, but in you character profile in the last sentence of the 'ancestry' section I think you used the wrong form of 'than'.
Apart from that it sounds good to me. :)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 AM

oh nice, Papi. a bit like a guardian angel...except I'm not getting angelic vibes from what you say of this story.

that sounds very villian-y to me. power is really important. o.o

the profile looks good. I love that bit about capturing the friend's soul.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 AM

hm, Yeah I think you're right about that. I still get confused sometimes . ><

Nope, not guardian angel, more like bodyguard.

Yeah .... Maybe too villainy, I hate making hatable characters, they're so different from me ...

Well it was either that or he killed his friend over a woman, by accident during a duel.