SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 AM

Albinus rubbed the rope burn marks that glowed a bright red on his wrists, nodding a timid 'thank you' as Haydn untied the ropes.

"Has he done so well to keep his intentions secret?" Albinus spoke with the grace of someone who'd been well educated in rhetoric, among other things. Had it not been for his less than neat outward appearance, the dirt worked in deep beneath his nails, the tangled hair, and his stained attire, he could have been mistaken for the son of a wealthy man, sent to study far and wide. "The master likes to keep himself stocked with the company of cultured boys." He carried on as though he thought nothing of it. His world had, for a long time, been limited to the fields and the close quarters he slept in each night. Such high ceilings were something he hadn't seen since the time he'd spent at another man's home, studying.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 AM

"Your welcome." Haydn said with a small smile as the man thanked him for untying the ropes.

He thought about the next question, though he could tell that it was rhetorical. It was a bit hard to understand what it was that Livianus wanted from him. "But what has that have to do with me?" he asked, a bit confused. He wasn't very cultured. At least, he didn't think so. The first time he had gone anywhere away from his hometown was when he was taken to be sold. So that didn't make any sense.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2012, 03:31 AM

Albinus shrugged, again as though the idea of it wasn't at all odd and had no effect on him. Though, Haydn's confusion did bring about a tiny smirk. Among the rest of those bound to bear the burden of the land, he hadn't seen such a thing in a long time. They all moved around as though they had long since been sucked of life. No one ever had the energy for confusion. Even Albinus, with his proud voice, stood as though he was ready to fall asleep at any given time. His heavy metal collar certainly did nothing to help him.

"Then, my best guess would be that he picked you for the way you look," Albinus continued, growing less cryptic in his answers. "Though, for picking one so clueless, he really puts his blackened heart out for show."

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-16-2012, 03:37 AM

Haydn glared at him at what he said. "I am not clueless!" he exclaimed, shocked by the statement. He happened to be very smart, thank you very much. Just because he didn't know the exact reason he was brought here, doesn't make him clueless. "And what makes you think he has a blackened heart? I don't think that is really possible." he added. He knew hearts weren't black, so that just didn't make any sense.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 AM

"There's no need to take my words so seriously," Albinus quieted with the glare, a reaction that had long been programmed into him. "Remember that I am neither friend nor pet," he continued, almost convincing in his attempt to imitate Livianus, "But it's very well possible and he'll soon make it apparent."

Albinus slipped his hands beneath the collar to grant his neck temporary relief from the new numbing that spread across his shoulders. "I can be quiet. I still owe you for taking me in."

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-16-2012, 06:26 PM

Haydn was silent as he watched the man. He personally wouldn't mind being his friend. That would be fine. But, he wasn't sure if he should say something about it. A part of him didn't want to know what it was that Livianus had planned. But, the larger part of his mind was curious. And that is the part that won.

"You can start by telling me your name." he said, entering his new room and looking around.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2012, 01:36 AM

"I am Albinus, simply Albinus." He slowly shuffled to follow Haydn into the room. From what little he could see, it was a much finer room that he'd ever known before. The floor had the most intricate pattern of hues of brown made by tiny stones and in one corner lay something he'd once heard of in studying what lay beyond, to the east, a rug. It seemed to tease him, as if to say it could grant his feet relief, so he quickly removed his eyes from the floor to find the rest of the room had been just as grand, except for a small mess of a blanket off to the side, which he knew was to be his space. A bed, framed with what looked like gold and decorated with fine red cloths sat beside the bundle, cutting off what little space had been set aside for a personal slave.

"And how am I to refer to you?" Albinus continued, stopping half way into the room to await his first command.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-22-2012, 01:57 AM

Haydn looked around the room in awe. This room was way better than anything he has ever seen before. He was used to sharing the room with his brothers, so he wasn't sure if he would be used to this. He wasn't going to complain though. He knew better than that, after all.

He turned to look at Albinus when he heard him speak. "You can call me Haydn." he told him. It would be to weird to be referred as anything else.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 PM

Albinus responded with a small nod, “Just Haydn? Isn’t some sort of formal title in order?” There was a clear change in Albinus’s manner. All at once, he seemed to relax in the way one is only able to when no threats hung over head and they stood as proud as those around. It was something about the way Haydn had stood in awe of the room, as though he’d never seen such a wonder. In seeing the apparent humbleness of his new master’s origins, Albinus was again reminded that he was indeed in the presence of another slave.

Still cautious, Albinus continued forward to appease the curiosity that tingled in his fingers. He ran a dirt stained hand along the top of it, pressing down ever so lightly. The down filled mattress easily gave way to his touch and seemed to beg him to finish the nap he’d started in the hay. Albinus was half inclined to give in to such temptation and collapse right then, as suddenly, it felt as though he’d lost all strength to carry himself. But, he stopped himself before caving in and instead turned back to Haydn. “I apologize for such boldness, Master Haydn. Sleep has been eluding me these past few nights.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Haydn gave Albinus a small smile before continuing to look around the room. Though he did turn back to the man when he heard him speak again before nodding. "Go ahead. I'm just going to take a bath." He told him, giving him another smile. He went over to the door before stopping and turning to face him again. "Oh. And don't call me master. It's a bit weird since I am a slave here." With the said, he entered the room.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 AM

A warm smile found its way onto Albinus's face. It had been too long since he had been shown the tiniest hint of kindness and now that he saw it, he couldn't help but be overbearingly grateful. Albinus nodded to respond, but found his reaction had been too delayed by his shock to have been seen by Haydn, who'd already left for his bath.

Albinus looked back down at the bed again, almost as though it was some terrifying creature that threatened to eat him if he dare lay upon it. Again hesitating, Albinus glanced once more around the room before he quietly crawled onto the soft mattress and dropped his head onto the pillow. It was all very much unreal. His weary body ached for sleep and quickly his eyelids grew heavier. Within a short moment or so, Albinus was pulled into a deep sleep.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-25-2012, 02:21 PM

Haydn made himself a hot bath. He undressed and slipped into the water, instantly relaxing. It felt so good after the past couple of days. He spent a few minutes just relaxing before washing off. Once he was clean, he relaxed just a bit more, until the water started getting cold. Then he slipped out.

He returned to his room and noticed Albinus was asleep. That made him smile a bit. He could tell them man was exhausted. He found some clothes and pulled them on before slipping out of the room. He decided that he was going to take a quick look around before waking the man.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 AM

Albinus’s sleep had begun oddly calm. For the first time in quite a while, he didn’t immediately begin tossing and turning with such fury that he woke himself up after only a short rest. Instead, he lay still and peaceful in a sleep that didn’t even truly feel like sleep. His mind wasn’t instantly pulled into the strange world of dream and instead seemed to float in a dark, conscious unconscious until dreams finally succeeded in slowly coaxing him near enough to be taken by the ankles and dragged. Even then, he didn’t appear outwardly to be in much turmoil. He continued to lay still, the only sign of dreaming his unintelligible muttering and a slight tensing of his face to convey either fear or confusion.

Meanwhile, in another part of the estate, Livianus busied himself barking orders at an already stressed kitchen staff that hustled under such pressure. Again he'd shed the joy that could light up a room when he allowed it to. Older slaves rushed about the kitchen, cursing the man in their heads as they worked to quickly cut apart a freshly slaughtered pig, bake small cakes, or wash newly picked vegetables.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 AM

Haydn ended up by the kitchen. He stopped in the doorway to see what was going on. He didn't like the way Livianus was treating the staff, but he knew that he couldn't say anything. It really wasn't his place. Plus, he didn't want to make the man mad at him. It probably wouldn't end up well. So, he just stood and watched for a while before turning and heading off to look around some more.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 AM

A sudden noise from within his own dream awoke Albinus with a start. His heart raced and his eyes popped open as in one swift moment, he’d been dragged back from sleep. The strangest thing about it was that he remembered nothing of the dream itself, just the overwhelming fear that for a moment lingered after awaking, only to be replaced by the mixture of disbelief, relief, and gloom that had hung over his head prior to his short nap. He didn’t sit up or make any motion other than his tiny gasp and opening his eyes. Albinus had long learned to overcome that reflex, after learning it disturbed those around him when in tight quarters.

“The great earth’s mountain peaks do not hold him back, nor the tireless sea’s rough tossing waves…” Albinus, taking a large bunch of the covers in his hand and squeezing tightly as he buried his face amongst the soft fabrics, muttered in strict meter. Most of his words were lost in the tight closing of distance between his face and the mattress as he soon found himself unable to breath and lifting his head to take a deep breath and finish his recitation, “So now for me too countless paths extend in all directions..” With that, Albinus sat up with newfound energy. Although his feet were again tempted to run now that he was left unsupervised, a subconscious fear of backlash kept him in place as he simply sat on the bed to await the return of Haydn.

Livianus, too caught up in his giving orders, didn’t even notice the lingering presence in the doorway. The hobbling old woman who’d earlier been seen clearly just pretending to work had her attention caught by Haydn, but she only glanced for a moment, unable to help but wonder why he was so able to freely walk around. In her shock, her glance was made obvious enough for Livianus to follow. He only caught a retreating figure before turning back to the woman to scold her for dabbling in matters that were not hers.

((Sorry I took so long to reply. I was very insanely busy yesterday))

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM

Haydn walked around for a while longer. Long enough for him to get completely lost. He tried backtracking, but it just made everything worse. This really sucked. He didn't know what he was going to do. He wished someone was nearby so that he could call for help, but he couldn't hear anybody. With a sigh, he backed against a wall and slid to the floor, pulling his knees to his chest. He crossed his arms on the top of his knees and laid his head down on them. And he ended up falling asleep there, like that.

{{Its alright. I understand.}}

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2012, 04:19 AM

As dinner was nearly finished, Livianus at last left the kitchen staff in peace. Giddy in eagerness to show off, he immediately went from violently harassing the older women to jogging down the halls with a smile on his face as he went to the room he'd set aside for Haydn to fetch his prize of the day. This good mood came quickly only to be broken as he threw the door open to find a lone Albinus, half asleep in a bed much too fine for such a lowly boy. For a second, as he again dragged Albinus to his feet by the collar and again began reopening fresh wounds, Livianus forgot about the missing Haydn in his anger at the small stain of dirt that Albinus had left upon such fine sheets.

After a thorough scolding and a tiny bit of tossing, Albinus was given strict orders to find his master and inform him that the meal was soon to be ready. Still in shock, Albinus sprinted from the room on shaky legs and after distancing himself a good way, found strength to call out as he finally calmed enough to walk through a mostly empty home, "... Haydn?"

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 AM

Haydn jolted awake when he heard his name being called. He stood and stretched before turning in the direction of the noise. He couldn't help but smile slightly when he saw Albinus. That was great! Now he wouldn't be lost anymore! He went over to the man. "Hey.. How did you find me?" he asked, so glad to see him.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 AM

Albinus shrugged. "Luck, I suppose. Someone must have decided to for once help my fortune," Albinus failed to feign apathy. He attempted to look as though he hadn't at all been flustered with his calm, smooth speaking, though betrayed himself in casting his eyes down and pulling his collar up to rub a very sore neck, which now gave him even greater trouble. Albinus too found himself glad to see Haydn. Already he felt a small tinge of gratitude at the tiny bits of kindness shown to him and already he found himself tasting the pangs of guilt that would come if Livianus ever took that kindness from Haydn. "It's almost time for your meal. Master Livianus would like to dine with you."

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 AM

Haydn frowned slightly. He hated seeing anybody in pain. Especially people that he knew. He swore to himself that he would do whatever it took to make the pain for the others stop. It just wasn't right for it to happen. He nodded when Albinus spoke again. "Alright. Lead the way." he told him with a smile. Sure, he wasn't very hungry. But he knew that he couldn't say no to Livianus. He was the master of the house and had to be obeyed. Especially since he's seen how he could get when he was angry. And he didn't want that anger directed at him.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-04-2012, 08:08 PM

That was at least the fourth smile directed toward him that Albinus had counted and it still shocked him to be given such a warm gesture. Although he should have felt joy in seeing it, the smile only brought guilt to full fruition and tore him up just a bit more than anything else ever had. Even after all of the tortures Livianus had tried to break him with, Albinus hadn’t ever given in to showing emotional weakness. In fact, proving he had the emotional range of a plank of driftwood had been one of the few things Albinus found he was able to take pride in and in that find meek strength. In that one smile, Haydn broke this cool, driftwood shield as Albinus stood quiet in what seemed to be shock.

It would have been much easier on both of them if Albinus could just drop the suddenly overwhelming misery that came from long suppressing a bleak past, ignoring an unbearable present, and denying an almost inescapable future. His body defied him as his feet refused to carry him so easily back down the hall and surely lead the other into his world that swallowed up joy and kindness as if all happy traits were no more than Livianus’s midday grapes.

Wildly shaking his head, Albinus lost what cool he’d managed to retain. “I’m afraid he may do something bad,” Albinus finally choked out; even, he found, his mouth and tongue betraying him, “You must give me permission to prevent this if he ever tries, please.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-05-2012, 12:41 AM

Haydn looked at Albinus when the man spoke, slightly confused. "What could he do to be that would be bad?" he asked, curious. He didn't want for the man to do something that could get him hurt. That would make him feel bad. So, there was no way he was going to let it happen. He knew that he would be able to handle whatever it was Livianus did to him. He knew that he had to, if only not to make him angry.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 AM

“He is a sick, sick man, Haydn,” Albinus began. Having quickly recomposed himself, what emotion his voice had earlier been filled with disappeared as again he attempted to look as though he felt nothing. Maybe, just maybe if he could convince himself of this, what guilt he felt would soon fade away as well. But, in the moment, it was so real and tangible. “In his loneliness, he’s made strange requests and tried to force his favorites to love him. If you cannot do it, he’ll use violence and make you suffer.” Albinus’s voice dropped to a hush, as though he was afraid of being heard in the long, empty hall.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-05-2012, 01:32 AM

Haydn was silent as he took that in. He really didn't want for Livianus to get violent with him. He wouldn't be able to handle that. But, if the man tried to force him to love him, it would just make him hate him. "I think I can handle him. I don't want you to do something that could get you hurt." he told him.He turned and started walking down the hall, hoping he was going in the right direction.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2012, 02:04 AM

Albinus chased after Haydn, taking his hand to tug him in the opposite direction. “The dining room is this way,” he still spoke in a hushed tone, “Master.” To add theatrics, the last word came with awful drops of venom as it rolled off of his tongue. It had suddenly become a battle of wills that could only be won with properly placed words and patience. With both so ready to take suffering upon himself, it came down simply to who would be the first to back down. “But all I want right now is your permission to take action, should I see it a necessary measure. If you grant me no other privileges, please just allow me this one hint of freedom.”