Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 PM

name: Jake

----------

Jake looked at himself in the mirror. This was his old body, the fifteen year old temporary cell that his mind was in...if it could be called a mind. He knew that he was getting a new body, an adult one, but it didn't really matter as far as he was concerned. He would be the same even if different on the outside. He heard his name and walked into the room where he knew his 'father' would be. "Yes sir?" He asked blandly, staring at another body. This one was so much different than any other that he'd had. It was developed, and instead of the normally dark brown hair, this one's hair was black. The eyes were a deeper brown than his smaller body as well. He watched closely as his father added some last touched and put the nerves in the skin of the body, allowing him the ability to feel pain and pleasure. He laid down, knowing what was next. His head was opened with a scalpel, making him scream in pain. He hated having human nerves, but the father had insisted on making him as human as possible. The only thing that seemed unfair was that he wasn't given the ability to have emotions. He couldn't understand why he wasn't given that right. The only thing that confused him even more was the fact that he had somehow acquired these emotions. He had feelings and he thought he wasn't supposed to. He winced as the source of his memory and identity was ripped from his body. The next time he woke up he felt heavier and taller. He stood and almost fell, not able to get his balance at first. He walked to the room that was his and his 'brother's' and his. He saw boxes, lots of boxes. Some had his own belongings in them and he wondered where he was going to be going. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned around. "Father, where an I going? Are you sending me away?" He asked, a small frown on his face. "No, well, yes." His father sighed. "You're going with your brother. He's thinking of starting his own little shop. You've both become adults and it's time you go into the real world. "Very well." He said, trying to seem indifferent about the entire situation. Conveying emotion could get him in a bit of trouble. He was supposed to be a doll, a puppet. He smoothed down his clothes and began to pack his boxes in the truck outside per his father's order. He wasn't really all that upset about leaving father. After all, he was the one who had created him, used him as a plaything. For that he hated the man, but his mother. Well, he would miss her a lot. Even though he hadn't been able to love her back. He wasn't sure what had changed now, but he now felt that strong feeling..that..love as humans called it. Or at least he thought that was what it might be...maybe. He was so confused. "Jake...baby, where is your brother?" His mother asked. "I'm not sure, and he's not my brother. I am of inorganic origin and therefore have no sibling or family whatsoever." He said blandly, walking off to find his master. The one that he had always called his brother.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 AM

((Let's just say his eyes are ... Grey instead of pink shall we?))
Name: Darrell

--------------

Darrell shoved and pushed until the box was closed. He'd never thought packing could be such a chore, but it truly was. With a sigh the teal haired man scrambled out of the truck to walk into his home. He wanted to look at his room one last time, but ended up stopping in the living room. Seeing his parents, he stopped to grin at them for a few moments. "Got all my tools packed and into the truck." When tears started falling from his mother's eyes, he went to wrap his arms around her and pat her back lightly

. "Oh, I'm going to miss you both so much!" said the tearful woman while hugging her son. With a small laugh Darrell pulled away. Of course she said she would miss him! His father on the other hand, he wasn't so sure about. Everything had always been about creating puppets and finding ways to infuse them with life. Which reminded him about someone that he was definitely not leaving without.

After hearing his father's goodbyes Darrell wandered off to his room. The grey eyed man glanced fondly at the place before turning around to find Jake nearby. Or at least, he thought it was him. "Hey there, that you Jake? I have to say ... You had a real sudden growth spurt!" Darrell tried to hide the fact that he was angry at his father for changing his friend's appearance without telling him anything about it. Of course, he knew that Jake couldn't very well stay in a fifteen year old body when he was much older then that. For some reason though, he'd hoped to have some say in how the other would look. Maybe so he didn't feel like he was talking to a stranger. Turning away to cross his arms and stare into his room once more, Darrell realized that he was more upset about this change then he was about the thought of leaving his parents.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 AM

Jake was really good at reading human behavior and could clearly see the anger in Darrell's face. He could only figure it was because of the recent changes made to his personal appearances. "Perhaps you would be much happier if I was to have your opinion master. I could go and have myself reformed if this body displeases you." He said, trying not to convey the disappointment that was caused by his master's distaste for him. If there was one person that he wanted to please, it was Darrell. This boy...well man, had been his best friend forever. In fact, he wouldn't have even been created if he hadn't come along. "You know that I exist for your pleasure and your pleasure only. Perhaps the father could create a better Jake for you? Would you like that master?" He was confused, emotions were still new to him, and though it was easy to read his master's displeasure, finding the reason for it was a more complicated task. "The father has created a female puppet if you so choose to take her. He name is Jocyln. I find that based on your desires, maybe she would be more to your taste. I'll go and fetch her." Jake found himself running from the room as fast as he could, not wanting to show just how pained he was. He ran into the small shop that was made for creating the dolls such as himself. He gripped his chest, slumping into the flor with a thud. "Jake?" It was the father speaking. "Make it stop..." Jake hissed, and a look of puzzlement crossed his father's features. "Make what stop? My god! What have you gone and dine to yourself Jake?" He looked as the red liquid that filled Jake's porcelain body flowed out from his eyes. It was kind of like the puppet's blood, or at least made to make him more realistic. "You're not made to cry...your body has used your blood as a substitution. I must make some adjustments to you and then we may speak about all of this." Jake felt his awareness fade and everything was blurry. This always happened when a major opperation was given to him. He could feel the immense, horrifying pain, but he knew he'd only forget it when he woke up fully again.

Darrell's father brought a small woman fill to see his son, hoping to maybe find his child a perfect soul mate that would be absolutely without fault. After all, by checking his memory that was apparently what Jake had been about to do. "Hello Darrell. Jake was bringing this girl up to you. Perhaps you can speak to her until he wales up again. He needed some minor tweaking." He walked back out to find his wife. It was becoming evident to him that Jake may be a bit to dangerous to give to Darrell. His wife looked at him and smiled. "Hello love, why do you seem so worried?" She asked and he shook his head. "Jake...the doll..he's become a threat. He's developed human attributes that he was never meant to have. He had a sort of emotional break down in my lab a few moments ago. His body isn't made to accept the consequences of the emotional pain he's experiencing. If he's developing like this, that very well could mean he'd become completly free to do as he pleases with no one that had absolute control over him...I'm afraid we don't need to expose Darrell to that kind of instable experiment. I'm sure I could make his body and mind stronger and able to deal with the emotions, but I'm not positive I should.." His wife smiled. "I think you should ask your son. After all, it's his puppet. Let him choose the things verdict." She walked away and the father sighed deeply, reentering his son's room. "Son...Jake is..well, I may have to terminate him. He's debolped to fast and become much to human for my taste. I'm afraid...that maybe he's a bit to dangerous for you to keep as your pet anymore. Your mother however, said I should leave it up to you. So do you wish to keep the boy, or be rid of him. Choose wisely...he's very capable or bad things if his emotions develop wrong.." He had to admit he himself was afraid of what the creature might do if he as able to do as a human. "He would have the ability of disobeying you as well." He murmured. "If you want him, perhaps you should come to my lab and learn how to maintain him and keep him healthy. If not you may have another, much safer one." he offered, honestly wishing to simply terminate the malfunctioned doll.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 AM

For a few moments Darrell remained silent. After closing his eyes and listening to this man, he sighed a little. Though the body was different this was still the same old Jake. It had been a shock, seeing the transformation his friend had gone trough but now that the emotions had passed he was elated. Or at least, Darrell would have been if Jake hadn't run off without letting him explain the truth behind his disappointment. The teal haired man tried to think of how to make sure that Jake would understand, while wondering why the puppet had actually sounded upset.

He'd wished for years that something like this might happen, but had never breathed a word of it to anyone. Plunged within his thoughts, he only glanced at the newest doll his father brought before him with a frown. This was not who he wanted to bring with him, he wanted to bring Jake to his new home. "I'm sorry," stated Darrell simply as he moved gently past the doll.

Meeting his father in the doorway, he let out an angry sound and broke into a run towards the lab. Footsteps rang loudly trough the air as the young man rushed to find his friend. Darrell slowed only when he had reached the strangely sterile lab his father called his. Panting, he moved to the table where Jake lay and sighed. Placing a hand on the puppet's shoulder, he smiled sadly. "I went and upset you didn't I? Don't worry, I'll try not to do that again." Turning around to see his father entering the lab, he raised an eyebrow as if to say that his choice was obvious.

The older man was upset, and clearly so. "Are you sure about this? You've heard what I've said." Darrell ignored his words to turn his grey eyes to his friend once more.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 AM

Jake looked at Darrell and then to the father, and then back again. "I'm not sure if it was upsetness that I gelt master. After all. I am merely a doll, not really a person. I don't have the ability of harboring emotions, but you already know that master." He said, still wondering if maybe that was what he felt. He was so afraid that if he had emotions, he'd be terminated. The thing was, the very fact that he was afraid conveyed emotion in itself. The father stepped forward towards him, and he jumped up, running for the door. He Cpuld see the mild surprise on his father's face as he tried to escape, but the surprised lasted only a moment before Jake was roughly yanked back to the lab table by his waist. "Where are you going?" He was asked and then screamed. "Leave me alone! Let me go! Nooo! I won't be deactivated! You can't kill me! I'm a living person!" His voice was shrill and he was horrified that his father was laughing. He was shivering and still attempting escape. "You poor child. We're not going to exterminate you. I need to fox you so you can handle the strain these emotions are having on your body. After all, do you really think Darrell would ever let me do that?" Jake calmed a little, appearing only a bit distrusting. He laid on the table willingingly and his shirt was unbuttoned much to his surprise. He felt the chisel that was made to sculpt him come down on the left side of his stomach, making him howel. "Ow..." He cried. Then something else happened. The father gave him the best gift in the world. A liquid was rubbed over every inch of his body and the porcilin that had once been there softened into a material that was an exact replica of human skin. It was soft and flexible. "It has regenerating capabilities." The father explainer to Jake, then turned to Darrell. "You're going to have to work hard to keep your Jake from dying. He's like any pet, and needs care to survive. No food is required, but daily use, cleaning, and oiling are extremly important." He handed Darrell the liquid that softened Jake's skin and made it more human. He also handed him a evelope. "The evelope contained the recipe to make that stuff on your own when you run out." He pulled Darrell aside for only a second. "Please son, this thing may be unstable and it has no idea what it's feeling. It may be dangerous, but I trust you can kill it if needed." He went back and took Jake's hand, leading him to Darrell. "Very well. I'd say the two of you are ready to go." He practically shoved the two boys out the door.

Jake looked at Darrell. "I must say I do not understand." Jake said with a small look of puzzlement. "I have great feelings for you master...but I've never had feelings before now..at all. Perhaps you and I could be friends?" He asked. He knew that he'd been made to be Darrell's friend in the first place, but now he really had the real desire to have friendship. "Where are we going anyway? No one has informed me of where we are relocating.." He knew his speech patterns seemed odd for a human being and he'd have to make them sound more human the next time he slept. After all, the only reason he slept was to repair and change data. He went to the car and then looked at Darrell, a big grin on his face. "Perhaps it would suit you if I drove?" He asked, knowing he had no license, but feeling slight recklessness and rebellion in his system. He wanted to have fun, to live like a normal man. To do things without caring about the outcome. "Master...I think I like these..emotions.." He said and then smiled.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 PM

Everything happened so quickly that he didn't even have the time to react. One moment he was speaking to his friend and the next a bottle was handed to him. Darrell held it tightly and nodded at his father's words. Jake's life was quite literally in his hands. A nearly overwhelming feeling of nervousness filled with determination filled the young man as he watched his father. When he was pulled aside by his father the teal haired man shook his head slightly. The thought of harming Jake was the furthest thing from Darrell's mind. Saying so though might mean that the elder of the two men would take matters into his own hands, and immediately so.

After being so rudely shoved outside, Darrell glanced angrily at the door before turning to his friend with a smile. He could feel a swelling in is heart at the thought that Jake could actually feel. "Call me Darrell, please. Especially now that we can really be friends." Letting out a laugh as Jake went on, he shook his head and went to stand beside his friend. Reaching out, the grey eyed man let his hand slip over Jake's cheek. It felt so real ... If he hadn't known any better Darrell would have thought the puppet was truly human. If only he was! "You can't drive, sorry about that but I don't think they give out licenses to people like you." Pausing for a moment in though, Darrell continued. "I'm glad... I've wanted you to have feelings for a very long time." Darrell knew that though he was happy, he sounded sad too. There was a reason for that of course, but he'd not utter a word about it. This wasn't the time or place.

Instead the young man shook his head and moved to the driver's side. He was looking forward to moving to Moonvale, a quaint little town very far from his previous home. People didn't know him there and they accepted the strange and bizarre everyday of their lives. Witches lived in the area, so he knew that at least they would want some of his strange dolls. Seeing Jake walking around wouldn't surprise anyone either even if they could feel the magic animating him. It was one of the main reasons why Darrell had chosen Moonvale as their new home. He wanted it to be a surprise for his friend though, telling him that he would be able to walk trough the streets without worrying about what anyone thought.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM

Jake paused as a hand was placed on his cheek. It made him feel odd, like someone really cared for him. he guessed that if anyone really did then it would be Darrell. They'd grown up together and were always friends, even before Jake could return the friendship. He smiled and reached out to mimic the touch he'd revived, now touching Darrell's cheek. "We feel the same...soft and warm." He was simply delighted by the fact that he could be like Darrell. He then heard Darrell's request to be called by his name instead of 'master' "I think I can do that if it is what you wish." He said, smiling with his eyes closed. He climbed into the car and started thinking. "Darrell. Would you like me better if I was your real brother? He asked, looking out the window sadly. "I hate the father for making me. I never wanted to be created. I just...I want to be normal!" He cried. And held his hands in his head. He shivered and tried to calm himself. He was feeling so torn up. It was the worst thing ever and he didn't know how to control his emotions.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 AM

Gathering all his thoughts and feelings close, Darrell turned is grey eyes to his friend. How could he explain how he felt without giving anything away? Perhaps he would have to in order to make Jake feel better about himself. But he couldn't do that here, not in his parent's driveway where they could see everything. The teal haired man started the truck and pulled out of the driveway. Buildings flew by until they were replaced by forests spreading forward as far as the eye could see. Spotting the dirt road he'd been looking for, Darrell pulled onto it with the ease of practice and stopped the truck once he was sure no one could see them.

Reaching out after unbuckling himself, he pulled Jake close. "If you had been my real brother, I never would have been able to feel what I truly do for you." Darrell's heart thumped loudly against his chest as he bent his head down to lean it against Jake. "Please don't say that, I would never have had a friend if my father hadn't created you!" One thing was certain, if he could do nothing else Darrell would do his best to find a way to make Jake truly human. No matter what it took. The seed of such an idea had already been buried deep within the young man's mind. Now that he knew his friend wanted this, there was nothing that would stop him from finding a way.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 AM

Jake watched as the area they were in got more and more remote, deserted. Soon enough they were all alone and on an old dirt road. Darrell pulled over the truck and Jake could only try to imagine what might happen now. The very next thing he knew he was in Darrell's arms, snuggled against him. He listened to the thud of Darrell's heartbeat, saddened by the sound in Darrell's chest that wasn't in his own empty shell of a body. He couldn't understand what was learn when he was told that he wouldn't be as cared for if he were a real brother. It didn't make an sense to him that Darrell cared more for him because he wasn't his relative. He felt his own chest flutter, wishing it could make the same thudding noise that Darrell's did. Perhaps he'd have to update himself the next time he slept so that he did that as well. He wanted to have that rythmithic thud that sounded so soothing and lively. It was like a little drum that beT over an over, never stopping it's steady pace. He curled up in a little ball, getting as close to Darrell as possible, seeking warmth and comfort. He felt alone in this world. He was not human, but now that he'd developed these emotions he wasn't a doll either. It seemed so unfair.

He sighed as he was suddenly disagreed with. "I'm sure you would've had another friend, you're a nice man and the kids at your highschool would've liked you surely right?" He asked. It had seemed that Darrell had been social enough, but then, he didn't even really know how a human was meant to behave. "I think I love you.." He said. "I'm not sure though..whatever it is, I just want to be your bestfriend forever and never leave your side." He said, not really knowing the definition for love. He'd meant in a friendly way and could only hope that Darrell understood.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 AM

Running a soothing hand over Jake's back, Darrell let out a soft sigh. Friends, was he cursed to be only that to him? Pressing his lips against his friend's dark hair Darrell went on to murmur soft words into his ear. "I wouldn't have learned how to have friends without you." Crushing Jake against his chest Darrell then closed his dark grey eyes with a sound half caught between a laugh and a sob. It was such a crazy thing to love a being created by man, who was supposed to be nothing more then a puppet. A doll who'd just discovered he had feelings, and who had no idea how close he'd come to saying what Darrell had wanted to hear for so long.

"I would like that, and I'll hold you to it!" Darrell eased the sadness from his face to grin down at Jake. "No changing your mind, you hear? But ... If you ever do, promise me you'll tell me." He didn't want to keep Jake by his side if he wasn't happy. They were friends, and to Darrell they had been that in truth since he couldn't remember. He knew it was different for Jake. Thoughts crowded into his mind as they always did when he thought of his longtime friend. He couldn't think about it anymore. Gently moving away from his friend Darrell buckled himself in again and waited for Jake to do the same before pressing on the gas and moving the candy apple red truck back onto the highway.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM

Jake stared at Darrell, his eyes traveling down him, studying him with confusion. What was this feeling? The want to press his lips on Darrell's, to be held and loved. He shook his head. That was far to big of a risk. So bad he wanted to ask what these feelings really meant, but judging human behavior in the past, he really already knew. The thing was, he thought that only women humans could fall for men. For some reason he just wanted Darrell. Women or even other men didn't even sound interesting to him. "D-Darrell...would you be mad if.." He just clamped his mouth shut and turned to the window. What was wrong with him? Why was he acting like this? He had no right to ask his master for the favor he'd come so close to actully saying. He just wanted one kiss...just one, and if he needed an excuse, he could always say that he wanted to know what it felt like. He glanced over at Darrell, thinking. Was it worth it? Should he ask or just do it? What if Darrell hated him for it and called him a fag? But then, he really wasn't male if he wasn't a person even if he had male genitalia, he wasn't either because he didn't really even have a life of his own. It was magic only that kept him alive. He decided that he couldn't take this anymore. It was ripping at him and he'd regret it later either way this went. He leaned over and put his foot on the break, stopping the truck.

At first Jake just sat there, silent and still with fear. He knew he couldn't chicken out now! He'd already done something that would need an explanation, so why not do exactlly what he'd stopped the truck to do? He unbuckled, hands shaking slightly and leaned closer and closer, staring at Darrell's lips, the target. He was starting to want to back out, but he was so close now. He could feel the warm breath that came from his friend, it was soft and also had a sort of rhythm to it, just like his heart only differant. This was it, the moment. He really did it. He just leaned forward a little more and kissed him. It was a gentle kiss and since he had no idea how to do this he didn't try to make it long or deep. He just basically pecked Darrell's lips, turned a shade of bright red, and sat back in his car seat wishing he'd never even done that. "I-I'm...so sorry..I shouldn't have done that. You're my master and I shouldn't be harassing you..it won't happen again...just don't be mad.." He felt like he might cry. His nose stung and his eyes burned as watery tears formed inthe corners of his eyes. "I know it wrong...I know that you'll find some girl one day and settle down, but...I just feel so strongly for you... I couldn't help but at least hope that maybe it could be me." He just turned away, humiliated, embarrassed, and feeling stupid.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 PM

He'd been immersed in his thoughts. The shop was a rather quaint little thing with a myriad of shelves and an old fashioned charm that seemed like it would fit Darrell's creations perfectly. Planning where to put each item to make it shine was a rather difficult task. At the sound of Jake's voice those thoughts flitted away. Grey eyes turned to survey the other occupant of the car for a brief moment before returning to the road. He couldn't afford to be distracted for both their sakes. An accident could very well kill them both.

Suddenly the truck came to a screeching halt. Darrell could only stare at Jake in confusion as his friend leaned towards him. Soon enough his eyes had closed so he could savor what the other offered for the brief moment their lips met. Opening them again to see Jake, Darrell smiled lightly and reached out after unbuckling himself. He was glad now to have chosen the least traveled route to their new home. Stopping where they had wouldn't inconvenience anyone.

Pulling Jake close, he tilted the other's face up. With a small hum of pleasure he captured his friend's lips with his own. His kiss was filled with all the jumbled thoughts and pent up emotion that Darrell had held close to his heart for years. What had he been, fifteen, sixteen? It seemed like such a long time ago since he'd begun to dream and wish for a moment such as this one.

Pulling away slightly, Darrell tilted his head so that his lips brushed Jake's ear as he spoke. "Do you know how long I've wished that you would do something like this? I hoped and dreamed that someday you could feel." Tightening his hold on his friend he went on."I'm so happy I don't even know what to say anymore," said Darrell with a laugh as he pulled back to look at his friend with a sparkle in his merry grey eyes.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 PM

Jake gasped as his face was tilted up and Darrell's lips touched his in a wonderful kiss. "Mm..You've wanted this too then?" He said, a smile forming on his lips. "I dodnt think you'd feel this way for me..I thought I was just your friend." He had never expected Darrell to live him the same way he loved Darrell. He stayed close to Darrell, laying a hand lightly on his chest. "We might want to be going to our new home." He buckled his seat belt and slipped his hand into his friends.

"So, does this mean were more than friends?" He asked, hoping that they'd be dating from now on or something. He wasn't sure if Darell would want to go out in public with a puppet as a date. He very well might be embarresed by something like that. After all, if the place they were going was anything like their old home, people would look at them funny. "Hey...Darrell? I do love you...more than you even could imagine." He admitted, now admitting those feelings not only to Darrell, but to himself as well.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-06-2012, 10:59 PM

Squeezing Jake's hand lightly, the teal haired young man pressed his foot on the gas. "Let's just say that I dreamed about it and got a little too caught up watching an old Disney movie." Swerving a little, he shook his head. This was too good to be true. Darrell had a hard time believing everything that had happened so quickly. Still, there was no use doubting it so much that he pushed Jake away.

"Of course that's what it means Jake." Driving with one hand was not necessarily the safest thing to do but Darrell didn't care. His mind was wholly upon the new place they would live. "I should probably tell you that Moonvale is brimming with magic, and that you won't be seen as all that unusual." Smiling a little he chance a glance at Jake. Time fly by along with the surrounding forests and soon enough they caught their first sight of the village nestled within a valley.

The whole place looked like it came from another time. In truth it also exuded magic form every stone. There was even a witch flying about upon her broom. As he pulled into the town he noticed a wolf becoming a man, a talking cat shouting out advertisements and a few different shops lined the streets that made him grin. A place for potions, and apothecary and an exotic pet shop all lay side by side. Tucked away between two much taller buildings was the stone house with two wide shop windows in front which would be both home and business for Darrell and Jake.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 03-06-2012 at 11:21 PM..

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2012, 11:30 PM

Jake was smiling, extremly excited about their new home. "This sounds like it'll be a great place for us. I've been feeling out of place lately, but now I think I'll be fine here." He could see the village in the distance and gasped with excitement. "It's there! I can see it Darrell!" He said with a large grin. He bounced up and down in his seat as his excitment peaked. He seriously couldn't wait to get to their home. "Mmm..this will be great!" He hummed. "What's our place like?" He asked, wondering where they'd stay. He was sure it would be a good home, knowing that if Darrell liked it it must be great. He was still bouncing I'm his seat when pulled up at the town.

Jake's mouth hung open as he saw the town. Everything here seemed magic and he couldn't believe how many odd people where here. His was smiling and wanted to squeal with happiness. "This place is fantastic!" He said, leaning over and kissing Darrell's cheek. "You're do wonderful!" He gushed. The house was even more wonderful than he'd imagined. "O my goodness! It's sooo pretty!" this whole town seemed kind of old and elegant. It was homely and he felt welcome here. He hadn't even know that places like this existed.

Jake got out of the car and ran up to the front door of the house, staring at the brick place and looking in a window. This would be a great place, not only for them to live, but for Darrell's doll shop to. He wondered if the dolls would be popular here like they were in the big places. This was an awful small place to be selling somthing like this, but then, a lot of traveling wizards would probably be interested.

"Come one Darrell! Let's go on in!" He said, really wanting to go in and see what lay on the other side of the front door. He hadn't ever been so happy and he wondered what 'mom' was doing back at their old home. He hoped she was happy back there. He knew he and Darrell would be here.

Last edited by Monte Gray; 03-06-2012 at 11:43 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 AM

All the words his puppet spoke had Darrell grinning. What a wonderful sight to see Jake so incredibly happy! It was the first time the doll acted like this, and his friend was glad to be there for it. Actually being the cause of such emotion was heartwarming. Shifting from the leather seat to place his sneakered feet upon the gravel driveway, Darrell then moved forward to press a warm hand upon Jake's shoulder.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out an old skeleton key and slipped it into the elegant lock of the sturdy, elegant, wood door to their new home. Pushing it open with a flourish, Darrel then bowed with a laugh and waved Jake inside. Dark wood floors extended into the back of the home. It was obvious that this level was all for the business part of it's use. A long counter, like the ones in old general stores, took up a good part of the back wall. Everywhere else were shelves from floor to ceiling and small round tables of different shapes and sizes with amazing designs.

Overwhelming, that's what it was. Drawing in a shaky breath, Darrell stepped in behind Jake after closing the door. Once he'd drawn the dark chocolate colored curtains closed and turned on the light, he went to wrap an arm around his friend, his boyfriend, to pull him close. "What do you think?" Darrell knew that he would need his help. If only to make sure that the pressure of keeping his business afloat didn't make him go insane.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-09-2012, 02:54 AM

Jake found himself staring at the place in awe. It was even nicer inside than it had been out. He smiled and kissed Darrell's cheek, leaning into the arm that was wrapped around him, still taking in the splendor of a place like this. It was a grand house in a grand town and with a ton of magic. He decided that he might even pick up some magic of his own sometime. "I love it here, so much!" He said and looked at Darrell. "This is going to be a great life for us to start together."

he knew he'd need to help run the shop, and that was fine by him. He really in truth enjoyed making other dolls. It was fun to make them with differant sizes and hair colors. He could be the chooser of the puppet's every feature, down to the shape of thief nose. He made all of his creations as beautiful as he could manage and wondered if maybe they too, like he, would develop feelings. He wondered if he was the only doll that had changed in that way, having human feelings and all. It seemed that the rest of the old master's dolls had never gotten emotions and it was kind of sad. They just lived as empty shells until they broke or weren't wanted anymore. He sighed and wondered if Darrell would ever discard him like that. "You're never going to leave me are you?" He asked, his voice quiet.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Rolling his eyes at Jake's question, Darrell moved so that he faced the doll with a grin. Leaning in to capture his friend's lips with his own in a fierce kiss, Darrell pulled back with a sigh only to tug Jake close. "I'm more worried about you leaving me when I get old and frail. But that's not for a long while so let's not worry about it." He found himself marveling at how lifelike Jake's skin had become. It was so soft and unexpectedly filled with warmth. If only there had been a heart beating beneath it all, then things would have been perfect. Darrell wouldn't have had to worry about what might happen if something ever ended his life and Jake was left alone in the world.

But as he'd mentioned, it wasn't the time for this to bother either of them. Instead his eyes slipped to the door as it's handle jiggled insistently until the person managed to open it. Darrell had been fairly certain that he'd locked it. Even so, he pulled away from Jake reluctantly and moved towards this person who'd managed to find their way into his shop before it was ready to welcome any customers.

Gemma walked into the store after unlocking the door with a simple spell. She sensed something quite magical on the other side, and was filled with a need to own this thing when she set eyes upon it. Or at least, she wanted something very much like it and more to her taste. This one looked like he was all too happy to obey orders and seemed quite like something quite needy.

"I want one like him. Price isn't an object, as long as you can make me a living doll." The witch needed a companion who could keep up with her, and so far had no luck at all on that front. Curiosity had perhaps drawn her to the only solution.

Darrell listened helplessly as the blond woman with the strange eyes made her request. He couldn't really refuse, but he'd never accomplished such a feat before. "I'll try my best." With a nod in his direction the woman exited the store to return to her home upon the crest of a hill overlooking the town. In her wake, Darrell turned to Jake with a crestfallen expression. He'd no idea how Jake had been created, nor did he have any clue how to duplicate the effect.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-10-2012, 06:11 PM

Jake smiled. "You don't have to worry about me ever leaving you, I love you.." He also frowned as the door handle jiggled an then opened. He looked at an odd looking girl that seemed kind of overly amazed by him. She seemed pretty bossy, demanding to have one like Jake to stay by her side. He wasn't sure how Darrell would manage to make somthing like Jake. In fact, the doll didn't even have a small idea of how he'd been made himself. It would be a difficult job and Darrell might have to even dissect Jake to find out the secret. As much as he wanted his lover to be happy and successful, he didn't want to be killed either.

As the girl left, Jake looked at Darrell. "What are we going to do? I don't have any idea what magic your father used to make me this way...I'm not sure anyone knows.." He shook his head. "She was awful bossy about it..can't you just tell her no? I mean, I really didn't like her attitude." Jake moved closer to Darrell, seeking his embrace. "Hmp. She was sooo rude!" He kissed Darrell and smiled. "I love you, you know that right?" He whispered.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-10-2012, 08:55 PM

Letting out a sigh, Darrell pursed his lips. Floundering under the weight of what he'd said he would do, the young man turned shocked eyes to Jake. The suggestion that he back off from something he'd already said he would do without even attempting it was unthinkable to him. "Horrible attitude or not, I already said I would try." That was the last he would say upon the matter.

Instead of answering Jake, Darrell kissed his cheek lightly and moved away to unlock the door. It was past time to start pulling things inside, especially since an impossible seeming task had been thrust upon the young doll maker. "I need to get started Jake, would you mind helping me move everything inside?" Donning a distracted expression Darrell moved outside with half-eager steps to open the back door of his truck and expose the treasure trove inside. Reaching in and pulling out dull looking cardboard boxes one after the other should have seemed like a dull boring task, but somehow Darrell managed to make it look like a dance.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 01:31 AM

Jake sighed and helped Darrell get the boxes. "So, what are you going to tell her if you can't make it? Something tells me she'll just keep bugging you forever if you can't do as she asks." Jake wasn't sure why, but that girl really made him nervous. He pulled off his shirt really quickly, feeling way to warm. "Hey, is it normal to be leaking like this?" He asked, looking at the stains on his shirt. He didn't quite understand what sweat was. He wiped the stuff from his forehead. "Ew..it's salty.." He complained.

Jake looked at Darrell and then laughed. It appeared as if his boyfriend was dancing. "Urm..Darrell..what are you doing love?" He asked, staring. It was certainly amusing. He stood in front of him and danced as well. "Hey! we should play a game later. You know, have a dance off or somthing!" He smiled a little closed eyed smile.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 AM

"I will make it! It's not just something she wants, I have to understand how ..." Trailing off suddenly his eyes widened. He had no idea that Jake could sweat, or that seeing him without a shirt would make his mind go blank. Shaking his head slightly and stopping in his tracks before the other man, he blinked. This was just so strange. Reaching out, Darrell let his fingers brush lightly against Jake's shoulder.

Glancing at the few boxes left in the truck, he shrugged lightly before closing the back door and locking it tight. Grabbing Jake's hand he pulled the doll into the shop once more. It seemed like he was closing a lot of doors lately. Once inside, Darrell smiled and pulled Jake close. Experimentally he let his hands touch gently while he moved his lips to the doll's neck. Placing small nips and kisses along the elegant column of once porcelain, Darrell smiled to himself.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 02:54 AM

Jake thought it was cute how Darrell had just frozen and stared like that. He shivered when fingers ran lightly against his skin. It was an odd sensation that he'd never felt before and he had to shake his head slightly to keep his mind focused. Once inside though, there was no way in hell he could keep his mind working. He squeaked in surprise as hands roamed over him, making him flush with shyness and slightly pleasure. Lips touched his neck, making his breath hitch, catching in his throat. Jake wasn't quite sure what was happening or what had very suddenly come over him, but only one thing was on his mind now, one goal was his main desire. His small hands slid up Darrell's shirt, feeling the soft skin in the very way he himself had been touched, gentle and soft. He heard an odd noise escape his own lips that he couldn't quite place. "D-Darrell.." He whined, unsure of what to do. "W-What...is this f-feeling.." He stammered. His mind was mush and even processing how to speak had become heard for the doll. His body was responding in the very way a human's body would respond in this sort of situation and it was uncomfortable. He felt needy and he was whimpering, shivering, and his eyes had closed. He was embarrassed to be like this. He felt like he must seem stupid for acting lIke he was, but then, maybe Darrell wouldn't think it looked al that dumb.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Hearing his name brought Darrell to his senses. Even if they'd known each other for all their lives, they had just confessed their feelings for each other. In fact, Jake had just discovered that he had feelings! Lifting his head to press a gentle kiss upon the other man's lips, Darrell then pulled away. The teal haired man shook his head to chase stray strands away from his eyes so he could peer down at Jake with warm grey eyes.

"I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry Jake," murmured Darrell with an apologetic demeanor. A flash of how his friend had looked only moments ago swept trough his mind making him blush, but was soon shaken off. This was far too important for Darrell to ruin things by moving too fast and damaging what the two of them had just begun to build. Which was why he squeezed his arms around Jake lightly for a few moments more before stepping back with a rather nervous smile.

He busied himself with thoughts of what still needed to be done to prepare the shop. Bringing in those last boxes, setting up all the displays ... It was going to take days! Especially because there was so much research to be done for that doll the woman had ordered. She'd not even left a name or told him what she wanted the doll to look like, but he would do his best. There was still time, time to move his things up to the rooms above and settle in there as well.

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Jake's eyes flew open as Darrell back away, a bit of disappointment clear on his face. He wondered if he'd done something wrong. He realized that Darrell was right. They couldn't be acting like they were in heat. He felt his breath begining to return to normal and he felt less hot. "You didn't do anything wrong Darrell. I love you, it's ok.." He smiled. "Maybe one day we can go further, but for now we should move slow. After all, we'll always have each other, no need to hurry." He leaned back into Darrell's arms as he squeezed him. "Mm..I love you.." He said, feeling slightly sleepy now.

"We should really start setting up so you can get the job done huh?" He said, seeing that Darrell was in thought. He started seeding stuff up where he thought It looked good. "Maybe if we get some done tonight we can get the rest tomorrow.." He said. "After all, there are two of us so we can get it done in half the time."