Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 PM

Name: Aden Kelly
Description: If there is one thing he portrays well, it isn't a tough guy. With spindly, toothpick arms and legs with little to no muscle tone, he's not going to be joining any pro-wrestling team anytime soon. His hair is pretty much light brown, or dark blonde, depending on how the light catches it. His eyes are deep green, but he's often up late and sleeps fitfully, giving him insomnia rings under his eyes. He stands about 5'2".

[[Hope this is alright? Sorry about the wait!]]

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Name: Mercutio Emerson
Description: Mercutio is a very tough guy, he is the captain on the wrestling team, he has a strong build but he doesn't look like the Hulk, his hair is shaggy, a pure black with bright red streaks in it. His eyes are a light lavender color, a dark purple in the shadows, making him look demented. He is usually in a very competitive mood and doesn't let anyone at the school mess with him, but he does have a slightly troubled home life. He is around 6' even.

(that's fine lol)

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2012, 12:00 AM

[[Would you like me to start? Yes or no, should we start during a regular school day?]]

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 03:04 AM

(Sure dear go ahead, and that is up to you :3)

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 PM

[[Alrighty!]]

Aden Kelly, running his hand through his light brown hair, shifted his bag to his other shoulder. He hated this bag - bright red with black zippers and painfully thin straps. But it got the job done, and in any case, even if the bottom were to fall out, his cheap parents would stitch it up and send him on his merry way.

He sighed. First period algebra was never a fun thing. And it wasn't as if Mercutio made it any easier.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 09:44 PM

Mercutio walked through the halls, making his way towards his first period class. He was wearing his signature white wife beater which accented his nice muscled body, a pair of black baggy pants that were held up by a belt made out of handcuffs, a pair of red and black tennis shoes that he has had ever since he could remember. But the thing that nobody had ever seen him remove was a red bandanna scarf that covered his neck and shoulders.

"Move out of my way toothpick." He nearly growled as he pushed Aden roughly to the lockers and kept walking.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 PM

Speaking of the devil, the jerk that wore stereotypical d'bag attire and bashed him into the lockers was also the aforementioned Mercutio that made Aden's life a living hell. He rubbed his shoulder and set to picking up his bag. For all it was worth, that bag was still kicking. The bell rang just as Aden slipped into his seat. The teacher, Mrs. Collins, started yammering on about trigonometric functions. Sine, cosine, tangent, cosecant, secant, and cotangent, all that wonderful stuff. Letting his mind wander a bit, he started on the classwork and ignored her. It wasn't as if he didn't care, he just didn't need three classes for it to get through his skull.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM

Mercutio yawned as he watched the teacher before he decided that he was going to bug Aden like he did every day. Mercutio started to tear pieces of paper up and chewed them up a bit, before he placed them inside of an old pen casing and sent it flying. The spit ball hit Aden in the back of the neck and Mercutio grinned, his "friends" all snickering and patting him on the back.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 PM

Annoying and brutal, Mercutio was. Mature and intelligent, well, it seemed not. As wadded ball of paper and spit landed on the back of his neck, Aden clenched his pencil. As Mercutio and his gang giggled like a gaggle of school girls, he just put his head down and focused solely on the work. Ignore them. Ignore them.

Mrs. Collins droned on for a few more minutes before stopping, fifteen minutes before the bell, to set up her 'I really don't want to be here' camp at her desk. "Do your work" was all she mumbled before dissolving into the world of solitaire.

"Would you quit it?" He snapped, spinning around.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 PM

Mercutio grinned as Aden finally got mad. "And if I don't? What are you going to do? Call for your poor little mommy and daddy?" He asked casually as he watched the skinnier teenager fume.

"I'm captain of the wrestling team for a reason squirt. I fought my way to the top, and I'm pretty sure that you can't knock me down. Hell I'm pretty sure you can't even throw a decent punch." He laughed.

"If you want me to stop, toothpick. I believe that you're going to have to make me." He said and smirked, like the degenerate that everyone assumed he was.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM

Don't comment on his skull headedness. Don't comment on his skull headedness. For the love of all that is holy and fully functioning lungs, DON'T comment on his skull headedness!

"So, just because you managed to bite and claw your way to the top of a pyramid made of dumb jocks, you think that you can order me around?" Aden mentally kicked himself for the terrible comeback. In his defense, it did sound a lot better in his head. "I can throw a punch- I'd just rather prove my superiority in an intellectual and sophisticated manner." Unlike you.
Aden huffed a bit, knuckles turning white as he clenched his pencil. Maybe it'd be best to focus on your work? That calm, rational part of his brain. No. Shut up. Are you going to take that? And now the largely irrational part of his brain. The one that he listened to most. "Why don't you do something useful and stick that old pen up your azzzzz-rear?"
Nice save. Sarcastic part of brain- front and center.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Mercutio grinned slightly and leaned forward in his seat. "Well well, the nerd finally stands up to me for something." He said and laced his fingers together, making him seem like he was thinking about something. "You just impressed me. So I'll cut you a deal, since you impressed me, for the rest of the day, I won't give you any trouble. Each day that you impress me, is a day that you won't get hurt by me." He said and chuckled.

"I just hope that brain of yours allows you to keep up your strong act." He said and grinned, sitting back in his seat when the teacher cleared her throat.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-07-2012, 10:50 PM

Oh that was real successful, Aden. "Brilliant," he sighed. Giving another shake of his head, Aden returned to his class work. What did he do that made Mercutio so willing to attack him? Was it just because of him being scrawny? Well that'd be crappy. Girls bullied to become thin, guy bullied because they were thin? Cuz that made sense!

Alright, triiiiig... The rest of the class went by quickly. When one focuses solely on cutting through the busy work that the teacher gives when she doesn't give a care, the time goes by quickly. Aden, when the bell rang, hurried to collect his stuff and transition to his next period.

[[I hope this is alright. ^^']]

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-07-2012, 11:02 PM

(It's perfectly fine.)

Mercutio kept to his promise for the rest of the day, not pushing him into the lockers, hitting him, and he didn't even demand Aden's lunch money like he usually did. They had no contact what-so-ever after that first class period.

Mercutio rode his motorcycle home, refusing to ride the bus because of all the noise, and he was met with all hell breaking loose once he walked into his broken down shack of a house.

His step-father was throwing things at his mother and she screamed when a broken piece of bottle hit her in the arm. Mercutio jumped in between the two bravely.

"What the hell are you doing to my mother, Scott?!" He demanded but was ultimately rewarded with the drunk pushing him into the wall, and beating him until he blacked out.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM

Yep. The other male was definitely a dick, but he did have some sense of honor. Aden really didn't expect the bully to keep his word, if he was being honest. The rest of the day went off without a hitch. Hey, maybe it wasn't so bad. A bit of a sting, but he was physically safe. That was worth a hit to his pride.

Aden stepped onto the bus, wishing that he could gather the guts to ask his parents for permission to drive the car. He had a driver's license, but not the car to drive. He braved the storm of freshmen and grade schoolers yelling and laughing until his stop. Then, homeward bound.

His mom had been home for a bit and she waved at him from the kitchen. "Hey, how was school?"
He smiled and, for once, told the truth. "Pretty good."
She mumbled something positive but he really didn't care. Aden went into his bedroom and did his homework, came out for dinner, etc. Eventually, at some point in all that, his father came home, smelling strongly like paint and dust.

From the other side of the wall, he could hear his mom and dad talking about him. How Aden was doing, how his grades were falling, how sometimes he came home with a couple scrapes and bruises. It was ten when Aden flopped onto his bed and fell asleep.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 AM

Mercutio showed up late to school the next day, trying his best to hide the pain that he felt. He knew that his step father had definitely broken a rib or two, and bruised multiple parts of his body.

He didn't care about the fact that he had a black eye, and his lip was busted on the right side, all he cared about was the fact that he wasn't strong enough to keep his mother from the asshole that she married six years ago.

Scott used to be the greatest person in the world to Mercutio, back when his mom first got with him, but gradually, Scott began drinking. He came home later, and later every night, smelling of perfume and booze. And eventually he had just snapped one night, beating his mother while all Mercutio could do was watch.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 AM

Aden slept relatively wonderful. That is, other than the occasional shock when his mother tried to sneak into his room to check up on him, but he was getting more and more used to it. He got ready, standing under the hot water while he thought about the schedule ahead of him. What could he think of to look forward to? Tonight he had soccer practice. "Okay, that'll work." Aden dried off and finished prepping for the day.

Soon he was stepping onto the bus, even shortly after, he was stepping off and walking through the doors. Hey, today seemed like it would be a good day. Not only that, but Mercutio was either absent or late. Oh, hey wait. Did he really just chalk up someone's absence as an omen towards a good day? Maybe he should rethink his morals a bit. Actually, maybe later.

As Mercutio came in late, Aden sighed a bit. Wonderful. He couldn't think of anything witty and or pathetic enough to get him of his back and he doubted he would be able to.

But what was this? Mercutio, with an ugly shiner and a busted lip? SCORE! Alright, that moral thing? Definitely needs work. His eyes trained on the bully, Aden watched him hawk-like.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 AM

Mercutio practically snarled at anyone that looked at him the wrong way, and he was too distracted by the pain of his ribs to even think about messing with Aden.

He did his best to participate in the class that he was in, which was athletics, but half way through he walked into the hall with the water fountains and started up a coughing fit, his body pushed to it's limit and he coughed up blood.

Mercutio sighed, and slid down the wall to sit on the floor, his hands covered in his blood and he sighed, not knowing how long he was going to make it in school until he was sent to the nurses office, who would probably send him to the hospital, which was one bill that his mother could afford because of Scott's drinking problem.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 AM

It did seem odd that the bully now came in with a couple bad hits to him and by design Aden was a rudely curious person. So, probably with a death wish, Aden waited a minute before following Mercutio to the bubbler. He was able to catch the last half of Mercutio's coughing fit.

Alright, even if I hated his guts, could I really turn my back and do nothing? The answer- he didn't really want to know because he had an inkling and he didn't like that inkling. Aden took a step forward and then another. "Uh..." he finally worked up the courage to cross the gap. "So, yeah. You okaaaaa-"

Blood was never a good sign. So, asking if he was okay, a bit stupid. It just wasted time. Blood should stay in the body, that much he knew. And when it started coming out there were problems. Plus, coming out of the lungs... "Y-You should stay here. I'll get a... Get something." Aden could really do well under pressure, normally, just not when someone else's life was in his hands and he couldn't count on his sense of right and wrong.

He rushed into the nearest bathroom and wet a couple paper towels. Wipe the blood, at least. Check for fever? Maybe, somehow, get the other male to his feet? Get him to the nurse?

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2012, 01:19 AM

Mercutio just grumbled slightly, not exactly in the best condition to start anything. So he sat there and watched the smaller male go into the restroom.

He sighed and decided that being on the floor wasn't the best thing for him, so his wiped his hands off onto his pants and struggled, getting up slowly, using the wall for support.

Mercutio groaned softly and held his side, his ribs plenty uncomfortable and he closed his eyes, waiting for Aden to come back.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 AM

He probably wasn't the most medicinally proficient and he probably would be better off not touching someone else's wounds, but Aden was going to try. He hurried back to where he'd left Mercutio. Oh, no way in Hell. Nobody moves without Nurse Aden's explicit permission!

He scrunched up his face into a displeased frown. "Come on! You try and move when you're coughing up blood? That blood bit alone is dangerous! Don't keep moving," he flailed his arms a bit. "Now hold still, will ya?" He started wiping off some blood from Mercutio's face, no doubt residue from the cough attack earlier and whatever busted his lip up.

Aden fought with himself some more. Tell nurse, don't tell nurse. Ask what happened, don't ask what happened. "Mer-" Aden decided against asking. If he did, the taller boy might just bash him to the ground, injured or not injured.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 AM

Mercutio smirked slightly. "I bet, you find it funny, seeing a jerk that picks on you in this shape." He said and chuckled slightly, which started up his coughing fit again.

"Just, go and get the nurse, or don't, either way I don't care anymore." He said and laid his head back and closing his eyes, trying to ignore everything. His life at home, this school, his so called friends, yeah, he knew that they talked about him behind his back, but he couldn't care less. The only real reason that he got onto the wrestling team was so he could get strong to protect his mother, but apparently that didn't help him at all.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 AM

Aden considered his companion's words. Yeah, he was right. It almost felt like karma was through being a bully to him and instead turned her glare to Mercutio. But he didn't say anything for quite some time, even when the other started coughing again. He just winced a little and turned his head away.

If, at the very least, he was going to bring him to the nurse, he'd at least have an excuse as to why he was late. That'll do it, keep telling yourself that. You just don't want to admit you'd willingly leave him to die. You just don't want to be a terrible person. He sighed.

Why did his brain have to over complicate things so much? "Do you ne-" No. Wrong wording. That sounds condescending. "Can you stand on your own, or would it be better for someone to help you support yourself?" Alright, a little better.

But as Aden stared at Mercutio, he knew that he wouldn't be much help if it came down to supporting the blood spurting male.

AlexandriaBrandt
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2012, 02:26 AM

Mercutio vision splotted slightly and he glared at the younger male. "Just forget it. I'll do it myself." He said and struggled back up to his feet, using the wall as support as he started shuffling down the hall.

His vision went darker this time and finally his body gave out on him, sending him crashing to the floor, splitting his lip open again and knocking him unconscious.

Joel Rayne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2012, 02:35 AM

"Stubborn numb skull!" Aden cursed his luck and took off. Even if Mercutio would later make sure Aden would never have a child of his own, he was going to get help. He couldn't carry him anywhere, for sure, and for what it's worth, Mercutio was probably not supposed to even be moved.

Chewing his lip, Aden ran to the nurse's office. He didn't care if she asked where his pass was - that old lady was going to help him whether she wanted to or not. He got her attention, babbled something about boys passing out and blood coming out of throats before taking off again. If she understood him and followed him, wonderful. If not, well that'd be a problem.