Yugiohlover73
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-07-2011, 08:21 PM

What's up with the new Nintendo 3ds? I think it's just a ruse to get us to spend our money on it. So far, down in Mississippi, they only have three colors, red, blue, and black. Are they planning on making them in any more colors, or is this it? There are rumors that all of the ds games are going to be switched over to 3ds and that they'll eventually stop making the plain ds games. I know that they did this with the previous systems like gameboy color and gameboy advanced, but is it true for the ds. I think that they won't make enough sales on the three ds to actually start switching the games over.
As far as I know, the Nintendo 3ds isn't worth the switch over. I have it, and there really isn't anything worth paying for. They have a bunch of features already loaded on to it, but they aren't very time consuming. The features inclue pictures, yellow cube, face raiders, mii plaza, and mii creator. In face raiders, you snap a picture of your face and play a game where you shoot the picture of your face and earn points. It's actually pretty creepy. You can also create miis and share them through mii plaza. One cool feature of the 3ds is the ability to take you face and use it to create your mii. Other
I have had the 3ds for a while now, and it’s basically pretty useless. The 3d feature itself is pretty cool, but aside from that, nothing that spectacular about it. The little yellow cube is by far the best attribute on the 3ds (in my opinion.) The 3ds reads the little yellow card and allows you to play a 3d game with the current settings. I was pretty amazed by the little yellow box, but I felt like it sucked. Seriously, I wanted to shot it the first couple of weeks. The next couple of weeks I wanted my money back.
Any personal opinions on the three ds? The new games are pretty cool looking. Other than that, I do wish I had saved the money I spent on it.

Please tell me your opinions!

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 11-07-2011, 08:28 PM

This probably should go into the
Computers and Gaming forum.

But I own a 3Ds and the graphics are amazing. Since the price
was slashed I don't see anything wrong with it. It's so worth
the money I paid for. I can't wait for new games to be developed.
Even though I only have one 3D game and its Zelda Ocarina of Time. I loved it
more than other consoles I own that were worth more than twice
the price of the 3Ds.
At 165, I say that's more than enough for a good console like
the 3Ds.
I've always been a Nintendo fan since the Gameboy color so watching
Nintendo grow up to something as great as a 3D console is amazing.
..I also love being able to watch Netflix on it. <3

Last edited by Elluh; 11-07-2011 at 08:30 PM..

Junebug
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 PM

i don't have one and i actually never got to see one in action, but you have to keep in mind that the DS only came in one colour when it first came out...

i'm still on the fence about getting one. literally the only reason i want one is for the new animal crossing they have coming out, it's the only one i would bother to play. ;_;

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 PM

I think you're right on the money spending. I bet they realy thought they were doing
a good job but in my opinion: it sucks. You have to keep it in front of your face, one
wrong direction and you are looking crosseyed. I played it in a store one time and I
walked out of the store as if I was drunk.
So what the heck are they realy gonna switch to 3D? That sucks. I'll never buy that
expensive 3DS. I guess there are people that do like it, but in my opinion, they
did not have to make it.

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 11-08-2011, 12:06 AM

I'm saving up for a 3DS right now. I plan to have it before christmas, because my boyfriend and I are going to buy each other that new Pokemon rumble game. :3 That's the only reason I want it. The 3D gives me headaches, so I'll just turn it off whenever I play.

But anyways. Gaming cost money. That's just how it is. I've been buying and selling and trading and gifted video games all my life. It's better and new, so it's going to cost more. Not a big deal at all, everything else in the world is like that. Clothes, phones, computers. It just doesn't matter all too much.

As for all these rumors, just whatever. I have a regular DS lite that I play all my gameboy advanced and DS games on. If they quit making games for that system, then it's okay, I already have all the games I want. :P There's a ton of kind of cool games out for the 3DS that I plan to get and then sell back also. That's just how I work. I imagine a ton more will come out next year, along with different colors. So not a big deal.

If you don't like the 3DS, don't get one. It'll be okay.

Last edited by The Real Nikki; 11-08-2011 at 12:08 AM..

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-08-2011, 12:15 AM

I just got a DS, and the 3DS comes out the next month. WTF?!

Anyways, I'm not spending money on a game system that's simply cashing in on the 3D craze. It's too pricey and my cousin would prolly play with it more than I would. She's more of a hardcore gamer.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2011, 12:40 AM

Since you're talking about a gaming system and digital features, I've gone ahead and moved this thread into our Computers & Video Games forum for you. :yes:

Rosasharn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 02:01 AM

I actually bought a 3DS two days ago. xD
I was so excited to buy one, and I ended up spending over $250 total (including my employee discount at Target and buy two get one free gaming special), so it sucked that I lost basically my entire paycheck, but it's okay. My biggest problem is how the regular DS games look on the 3DS screens. Completely awful.
Also that you can't play GBA games on it. I think backtracking is extremely important for gaming systems.
But other than those two things, I'm very satisfied. I'm shocked that they managed to make such an advance in graphic systems. It's really amazing, but I'm still paranoid that I'll get eye cancer or something. xD