Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-24-2020, 09:37 PM

Kaede scowled himself after E.v.a went to get the door. It was so unpleasant that someone, even an android of his own creation, could bring out such emotions in him. People exhausted him for this reason. And yet, as the silence settled down around him, he found his heartbeat too loud, the swirl of his constant thoughts needed something to hinge upon. Perhaps because E.v.a just resembled a human, he found her human-like qualities actually endearing.

"Is she coming back with those ingredients, though," he murmured, continuing his thoughts out loud. It had been at least a minute since she went to get the door. It left his feet already moving down the hall, crimson eyes narrowed with distaste. When he did find E.v.a, she stood there with the door still open, a young man with overgrown honey-colored hair staring with far too sharp of eyes.

"What's this, E.v.a? Didn't I tell you to come right back?" Kaede called out with a voice that almost boomed. He swept right up to the door and snatched the box away from the stranger, ignoring the tingle in his hands that came from nearly touching human flesh. "I think we've got this handled. You can hurry along your way now, greedy scoundrel."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-24-2020, 11:06 PM

The young man jumped some when he heard the male voice and barely had time to react as the box was swept from his hands. "Y-yes sir, I'm sorry for longering.." He murmured quietly, then turned to take his leave without another word.

He turned briefly to catches another glance at E.v.a before the door closed, and continued on his way. So that was the guy everyone warned him about.. Who was the girl, though?

E.v.a didn't look at Kaede right away, feeling as if he would be disappointed in her. She hadn't had much time do close to a human another than the man who created her, and she was able to respond to him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2020, 01:11 AM

Not turning back to look over his shoulder, Kaede continued down the hall the second he heard the door slam shut. "Come on, E.v.a. There's no reason to pay attention to humans like that. He's just jealous of something so brilliant he can never understand." Naturally, that something brilliant was E.v.a. Something he didn't think he needed to explain. Kaede scoffed at that man's audacity as he quickened his pace. Once he reached the kitchen again, he dropped the box on the counter. "Now, what is all of this? I was expecting a much smaller box."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-31-2020, 01:43 AM

E.v.a felt her lips turn up in a small smile as the man spoke. She quietly followed Kaede back down the the hallway and towards the kitchen. She came up next to him once they were at the counter and blinked.

It usually came in a smaller box.. Now she realized the difference in sizes of the last delivery they had gotten. "Did they send us the wrong box?" She pondered aloud, examining the box as it sat on the counter.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2020, 09:31 PM

"How should I know without opening the box," Kaede huffed. "I don't look at what sort of ingredients get ordered." E.v.a dealt with the food or the previous order just auto-shipped and he didn't pay attention to the results. Still, he didn't expect much of a surprise as he slit the box open with a knife. Inside, a kaleidoscope of colored glass and soft fabric met his eye. Pretty mosaic birds were nestled in what must have been handspun fabric, wicker eggs, and other strange bobbles that might have resembled children's toys were strewn in between. The calligraphed note thanked him for contributing to the organization intent on preserving human arts with his purchase of...nonsense. This was absolute nonsense. Kaede pushed the box away and grabbed his tablet again.

"Such useless things. We can hardly cook with 'pretty toys.' Should I order from somewhere instead, even though all the chain restaurants are just mockeries of human needs, just like this? Vitamin pills are more worthwhile. E.v.a, send this box back and see what happened to our delivery. I'll be in the lab." Then, just like that, he was striding back down the hall, obviously having seen no beauty in what humans called art.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-23-2020, 10:28 PM

E.v.a watched curiously as he used the knife to open the box. She blinked when she noticed the odds and ends within the box, and slowly reached inside the box and carefully picked up one of the birds sitting in the hand made nest. So beautiful, and fragil. Someone made this, just like Kaede had made her, with careful and loving hands, she could almost feel it. Someone purchased this box with little things inside, as a donation, it seemed, as the card said. Hearing her creator's words, she blinked out of her daze and lifted her head just to see the man disappear into his lab, then lowered her eyes to the box and carefully set the bird back down inside the nest. She slowly closed the box and carefully pick it up in her arms.

E.v.a carried the box down the hall to set it by the door, only pausing as a light knock sounded. She glanced into the peep-hole to see the same young man from before, then adjusted the box and slowly opened the door. "I'm sorry, I must've given you the wrong box." He said, holding a smaller box. "I'll just take that one back, and trade you for the proper order." He said. E.v.a blinked and glanced at the sticker on the smaller box with the label on it, having their address printed on. "Yes, thank you. Try not to let it happen again, my..father doesn't appreciate his orders being mixed up." She said calmly, as she handled the man the box. He in return have her the box containing their ingredients.

However before she could close the door, the young man lightly grabbed her arm. "Please don't report this, it's my second day on this job." He said quietly. E.v.a paused, unsure how to respond.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-30-2020, 01:08 AM

Kaede scowled to himself as he sat in his lab chair, a well-worn and overstuffed armchair on wheels that didn't' look like it belonged. "Is she really going to return it now?" he scoffed to himself. It certainly wasn't that he expected E.v.a to keep the box but nothing was going according to plan today. Maybe he should refrain from doing updates on E.v.a for now. Or maybe he should...

He shook the thoughts away. "This is getting ridiculous. It's not like I should care anyway." Pulling up the front door's camera, he leaned close to the screen to see just what the hold up was. That was the same guy huh? Did he have an interest in his E.v.a? That delivery guy didn't even know how beautiful she was. For a second, Kaede considered turning on the intercom to tell the guy to go away but he settled back, curious to see what E.v.a would do without direction. Call it a test or whatever or maybe Kaede was turning over a new leaf. Though, to an observant eye, the little red light under the intercom box would indicate to anyone that the camera was in use.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 09-30-2020 at 01:10 AM..

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-16-2020, 06:02 PM

E.v.a stared at the man for a moment. At first she was unsure of what to do, but as the man stared at her she tugged her arm out of his grip and straightend a bit. Her face expression shifted slightly to that to annoyance. "I ask that you do not touch me again, unless you want me to take it as a threat. I won't report you but if you were really wprried about your job, i suggest you not make the same mistake twice." She spoke rather calmly for how cold her tone was currently. Her tone caught the man off guard and he took a step back.

The man bowed some and picked up the large box. "Thank you.." He murmured before taking his leave. E.v.a glanced at the small camera before heading inside with the small box of ingredients. She wondered if Kaede would be proud of her, or a bit surprised. No one had any right to touch her except the man who created her. She set the box on the couter and opened it up to inspect the order.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-18-2020, 09:56 PM

Kaede felt his breath still as he watched the scene unfold in front of him. She had noticed his watching gaze. Did she turn the delivery boy away because of this or because of her own will? He found himself anxious, wondering if he could somehow understand E.v.a's emotion. He modeled her so perfectly after a human that all the human bits he didn't understand could possibly be displayed in her.

Flipping through various other camera feeds, he found her again in the kitchen, going through the box. Remotely accessing one of the flying bots nearby, he sent it over to perch on the edge of the table, tilting an almost curious and slightly apologetic head. Likewise, the tiny whir it emitted sounded like a question, one that Kaede was too chicken to get out of his lab and ask himself.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-27-2020, 04:38 PM

As E.v.a set the small bottles of economy's and a fresh vegetables, she noticed the small robot perch itself on the counter to make itself known. She offered it a small smile as she watched it and slowly placed a hand on top of its head, as if petting it. As strange as it was, she understood the actions as her creator controlled the small bot. "It's alright.. He had no right to tough me, or even come back to the estate.." She said softly, as if explaining her actions.

Shaking her head lightly, she went back to the ingredients on the counters. "Come up and help with me dinner?" She asked, wondering if he still wanted to take part in it or just stay where he was while she cooked. Neither would matter, she was simply curious.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-28-2020, 07:23 PM

The robot made another series of trilling sounds before fluttering off with a mechanical noise that could almost be mistaken as song. Minutes later, Kaede skulked into the kitchen, both hands shoved into his lab coat's pockets. "You know I won't be of any help even if I'm here. Cooking is a skill I've found absolutely unnecessary to learn," he huffed. And yet, he didn't leave the room, hovering like he wanted to help E.v.a even as he made a sour face. The sourness of his attitude was only made worse by E.v.a's embarrassing words that threatened to make his heart feeling something. But, they were the reason that he dragged himself from the lab in the first place.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-28-2020, 10:28 PM

E.v.a found herself smiling some as the small robot flew away with it's song-like mechanical noise. She paused when she heard her creator's voice and glanced at him before shifting her attention and moving the box further down the counter. "That's alright, all the more reason to help." She said with s small smile. "Most of what i need now is a cutting board, a couple of pots, a knife, and some water to boil the noodles in." She said.

Once the noodles where in the pot, she could start working on getting the sauce started. He could do that though, right? Get the pots and the water going.. She wondered as she began moving, opening the cabinets to search for the pots and pans.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-29-2020, 07:55 PM

Kaede scratched a hand through his hair, muttering something under his breath about being made to do menial chores. But, after a second, he moved to find the things that E.v.a mentioned. It was really a matter of opening cabinets at random since he didn't know the contents of his own kitchen so it took longer than necessary. "Are these pots fine? I don't really get the purpose of things like cookings," Kaede said, putting a larger pot next to the cutting board and a then medium one that looked like it had never been used. But that was the thing about his kitchen. Besides the dust and cobwebs, the supplies were in mint condition. When had been the last time he cooked anything? "What did you plan to make anyway?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 11-05-2020, 08:49 PM

E.v.a kept a small smile on her lips as she noticed the man fishing through the cabinets, and nodded lightly when he pulled out a pot. "They're perfect." She said, then picked them up and gave them a wash in the sink. She then rinsed them off, dried them off and filled the larger pot about half way with water before setting it on a burner on the stove and turned it to high so the water could heat to a boil. She took the smaller pot on a burner on the stove for a later use. "Once the water begins to bubble, you can add the noodles and let them boil." She said.

She softly began to hum as she moved to take a knife and began to cut up the vegetables on the cutting board. Her movement was fluid as she easily brought the back of the blunt knife to chop up the vegetables with a quick flick of the wrist.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-10-2020, 05:00 PM

"Alright, though I still think it would be easier to order a pre-made meal or just eat vitamins," Kaede muttered under his breath. He let his eyes stray for a second to watch E.v.a, feeling pleased with her mastery of such a simple task. He really had built her to be an elegant human with all the precision of a machine. Still, he turned his eyes back to the pot and watched it was a wary air until the water began to bubble. Figuring that was his cue, he grabbed all the noodles that E.v.a had set aside and dumped the whole pile in, just like that.

"Now what? Will this meal take much longer or should I get another robot to come over and hurry things along?" Kaede really didn’t understand how cooking worked. It seemed like something that should be instant. It was such a silly thing to waste time on, though, his eyes did stray to E.v.a again, this time not looking away.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 11-13-2020 at 03:04 AM..

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 11-12-2020, 06:05 PM

E.v.a smiled a little more at his muttering,as she finished chopping of the vegetables and and set them aside to use for later. She didn't think much of as he Kaede glanced at her, and she moved to open a jar of tomato sauce and poured it into the smaller pot before turning the knob on the stove so the sauce could begin to warm. She hummed softly as she then moved to pick up the cutting board with the chopped up vegetables and put them in the sauce, then paused and started going through the drawers for a spoon to stir the sauce with.

Finding one, she gave it a quick wash and stirred the sauce and the vegetables. She then watched as Kaede dumped the noodles into the larger pot, and went about looking for something to stir them with. A spoon wouldn't do.. She needed something like a fork. E.v.a was quite content when she found one and glanced at Kaede. She shook her head and smiled softly. "It won't take long at all, I promise." She said calmly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-13-2020, 03:10 AM

Kaede opened his mouth, planning to complain more. But, it wasn't worth the effort was it? E.v.a had a look on her face like she was more than determined to make this meal so he stepped back, going to sulk on the other side of the counter as he continued to watch her cook. "Alright, alright. Apparently I've made a rather homely robot so I should just keep my mouth shut and let her do what she wants," he huffed. "I just hope you don't get a notion to do this often..."

With one arm crossed over the tall counter, he rested his cheek on it, leaving his glasses askew while he idly poked a finger along the counter's surface. He knew he wasn't any help in a place like a kitchen so it was better to just watch. Besides, E.v.a looked so admirable as she stirred the sauce and noodles. That delivery boy most definitely didn't deserve such perfection!

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 01-15-2021, 11:24 PM

((i realize how late i am with replying to this >< writer's block hit x.x))

E.v.a couldn't help the smile that came to her lips at his words, and shook her head softly. "Not at all, Kaede. Just once in a while." She spoke, stilling smiling. She giggled some as she went about stirring the noodles so they didn't stick and the sauce. She began to hum once more as she moved about the kitchen, doing what she needed to do in order to make this meal a success and finish it quickly.

Not long after, E.v.a had combined the chopped veggies with the tomato sauce and strained the noodles. She added a little bit of butter to the noodles, and a few spices to the sauce before turning the stove off and smiling brightly at her creator. "It's finished." She said, before pulling down a plate and set it down on the counter. She made Kaede a plate and set it before him, having given him a decent portion that wasn't too much, having noticed how much he ate and all.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2021, 03:38 AM

When E.v.a finally finished the meal, Kaede snapped out of the trance that he'd fallen into. "Oh? Is it done?" He didn't comment on the smell or the look of the food, not being interested in praising the quality of it. After all, food was food. What mattered was that it was food that was ready to eat. And yet...it was a little nice. As he took a bite of the pasta, he couldn't help a faint smile, perhaps because it was E.v.a that made the dish for him despite the fact that she was a robot and didn't need to eat herself. Such a useless and charming thing this was.

Kaede dropped his gaze, realizing that he couldn't ignore E.v.a's efforts. "That is, I guess it's fine if we do things like this every now and then. Since it makes you pleased," he murmured before tucking in another bite just to hide the hint of awkwardness in his voice. Ah really, no one said he was good at displaying his emotions. It should be enough that he was at least trying.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 01-28-2021, 11:33 PM

E.v.a watched him curiously, a small smile coming to her lips as she noticed the smile on his face. She wasn't expecting praise for her efforts, so when he spoke after taking a bite, she blinked and shifted her gaze to meet his briefly. E.v.a smiled a little more and nodded lightly. "Thank you, Kaede." She spoke almost shyly. "It makes me happy." She said. She then turned to wash the dishes in the sink, letting him enjoy his dinner without watching him, as she didn't want him to retreat.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2021, 09:28 PM

Kaede finished his food in the companionable silence. Eating made him realize just how little he sometimes ate, making him fill his stomach quite full now. And yet, there was something burning in his mind, questions that his curious mind couldn't help but ask. Setting down his fork and spoon, he leveled E.v.a's back with a stare. "Do you really feel happy here, though? I wonder. After all, you have to stay with such an eccentric man."

The question seemed to come out of nowhere, considering the silence they'd fallen into as E.v.a did the dishes. But Kaede had been thinking about her comment the entire time he ate, pulling at the edges of it, unraveling, and then putting it back together with theories of his own. He didn't question that E.v.a could feel happiness but wasn't it absurd that she felt it here? His eyes continuing to bore into E.v.a, he narrowed his gaze, clearly not planning to explain this delicate thought process.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-12-2021, 09:47 PM

E.v.a paused, holding a pot in her hand as she began rinsing the dishes she had washed. She turned to him when he spoke. Was he really asking if she was happy, and she could tell by how his eyes trained onto her and the way and eyebrows furrowed slightly, that was asking if she was really happy there with him. "Of course Kaede." She said honestly, a kind smile coming to her lips. "You may consider yourself eccentric, but I don't see it. I don't understand why you're so hard on yourself." She spoke, glancing at him.

"You create wonderful things, and care for them like they're your children. Humans are confusing creatures, and after speaking to the male who delivered our package, it's clear he only saw what he wanted to see. I was scared, Kaede." She admitted quietly, lowering her eyes to the running water. "I know you were watching, and knew if he did try to persist, you would no doubt would've stepped in.." She continued, not entirely sure why she was telling him this.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-23-2021, 01:36 AM

That ball of unease just didn't quite unravel from Kaede's stomach. Hearing E.v.a's confidence only left him feeling more bare, as if he were totally naked in front of her. To know that she knew he watched earlier left him oddly surprised. Did she not think it was strange or overbearing? Rather, she had too much faith in him. Kaede wasn't a hero of any kind.

"I'm not like that," he found himself muttering, not even realizing that his thoughts had turned into words. "I'm a human too. Confusing, only seeing what I want to. How can you be so perfect next to a man like me? Don't you see it?!" He slid down, palm sliding over his face to twist in the overgrown strands of his hair, leaving his glasses askew. Even his heart seemed in a frenzy. It wasn't used to working this hard and he didn't even know why he let himself get twisted up like this now. It didn't make sense. But since when did he ever make sense?

Kaede dropped his hand hard onto the table. "I'm going back to my lab." With as much suddenness as the announcement, he shoved his chair back and stood, already starting his escape.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2021, 10:29 PM

E.v.a lowered her eyes as Kaede spoke, wanting to argue about his logic. He didn't think he was like that? After hearing him talk about how precious his creations were, she didn't doubt that he would've stepped in had the man not left. She flinched, more or less, when Kaede's voice rose and he expressed his frustration. Not because he was shouting, she was used to that, but the words he spoke felt like knives.

He was human, and everything she just said touched a rather sensitive nerve. "Kaede.." E.v.a spoke softly, turning to him as he began to flee. "I'm sorry.. I should've been more selective of my words.." She spoke, her voice soft and apologetic. "No matter what you may think of yourself though, I don't see it. I am blind to the things you claim about yourself." She said quietly, lowering her eyes once more and pressing her lips together.

She wasn't perfect, no matter what he saw in her. She still had so much to learn..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-01-2021, 06:08 PM

Kaede turned to meet E.v.a's eyes but his lips were still set in a grim line. He made the decision to run away; nothing she said now would change that. "It's not your words. You can say whatever you would like since they are true and they are what you feel. I've never taught you to have censorship around me." He paused and opened his mouth as if to say more but in the end, he turned and exited the room. There was nothing he could say that would quell the unease in himself so even if E.v.a did choose to follow, he didn't plan to engage again.

Reaching his lab door, he closed himself in, though he didn't outright lock it. If there was an emergency with one of his many creations, or heaven forbid, E.v.a, it wouldn't do him any good. So, he dropped himself onto one of his many workbenches and finally let out of scream of frustration he'd been holding back. "Why did I have to be a human? Why?!" He slid forward, his forehead hitting the rough wood even as he continued to babble. "...She's the only one who makes me feel this way. Why...?"