Kiako
We are heroes; heroes of the nig...

Old 01-22-2011, 02:54 PM

Monstahh: I really do enjoy this avi. I like how dark you made it, but I love how the wings really bring out the lighter blues in the overall design. Your layering and items use is fantastic (but then again, you always have awesome and creative layering ideas)! I also like how you incorporated the new Yumeh Halo with the Yumeh pop. I think it was a wondrous ode to our dear Yumeh!

One thing I go find a little distracting however are the Light Sparkles (from the November CIs, right?). I don't think they really add to the avi, so I would ditch them. Other than that, I think you did a wonderful job my dear! :yes:

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Thanks Kiako, I wasn't sure about them, and I'm glad someone felt more strongly than I did/do about them. :)

<Skip me for now, I may come back later if no one else has posted to post some feedbacks.>

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-22-2011, 06:04 PM

kiako I've seen your avi around alot lately and frankly I'm almost entirely in love with it. My one critism isn't all that terrible an offense and it really only if your studying it. The waist cincher you are wearing is a slightly different blue then the rest of the blues you chose for this avi. Its a bit more muted. I also however at the moment can not think of something in the right color blue that would take up roughly the same amount of space so I am not docking too many points. Overall I think it warrents a 9.5/10.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-22-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm not really a fan of this. The pinks are off. You have a peachy pink a bubblegum pink and a darker bubble gum pink. I think you need to make the hair a tad darker to match with your stockings for a first. Also the scarf of order just doesn't work so I'd get rid of that. I like the fact you're using the chinese dress as it's not often used. I also like the way the dove head wings and the raven anklewings look together. I do not like the yumeh halo on this avi, it looks a little odd and the blue eyes stand out a lot to me. I think a simple basic band from 52 would work better. Also the arms are very empty i'd add some gloves in the same pink as your stockings and maybe something white and red too. Also You could encorporate the creamy colour on the v'day pin. Over all I think this is an okay start and has potential but needs a lot of reworking. 4/10

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM

eastriel:
i really love the colour combination. its fresh and sweet like icing sugar. but the theme is really confusing. it seems as though you chose items because of their colour and layer as opposed to what they are. i know that i am prone to this as well so bare with me. the wings are really what is throwing me off that and the winter gloves and winter scarf but puddle... a little odd. if it was snow instead of water it would make more sense. the bug/fairy wings also just stand out as being wrong or not making sense with the icing sugar theme? i think if you removed them your avatar would not be laking anything either and if you felt it was, just add a pink choker and call it even. it would make more sense anyways.

i hope that helps. i still love your avatar, the colours and the layering and the balance. and wouldnt give it under 6, but i wouldnt give it a 10 either. if i had to give a rating i would say 8/10.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 PM

BSW,
You already know I love your avatar. I absolutely adore it. :)I love the theme (Awesome Cosmic Pirate!), the color scheme and the items you use...for the most part. I feel like the shoes you're wearing are slightly out of theme. I think the boots you've told me about would help a lot. The only problem I see that this brings up is the lavender around your feet, which I think could be fixed with Mauve Tube Socks. ;)
But, damn, do I love this avatar. It's just...AWESOME!

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-22-2011, 09:12 PM

bloodstainedwings: For future reference I don't go for a theme i do just match items. c: I'm ecclectic like that :'D

I was actually having a good look at this avatar yesterday. c: I really like it. I always love how you manage to sneak orange in to your avi's, it's one of my favourite colours too! c: (though yellow comes first)
I think it's all perfect I love how you've blended in the darker skin tone in to your avi because most people don't!
I think I only have one thing I don't like, is the steam punk head gear on you head, it's a different colour to the rest of the browns and I think your avi would be fine with out it.
I really love the shin layering, very creative way of getting all the colours to the bottom of your avi when wearing boots. c:
9/10! xxx

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 PM

I enjoy the pastels you used, but as for the items... Not so much. The items make the layering slightly questionable, since some of them conflict with each other. The layering itself it actually pretty simple, and though I'm not one for simple-ness, it's well done.

One thing I don't quite understand is the two bows sitting atop your head. Two bows? It doesn't seem right to me, especially when you pair it with the headwings, and the feather. I think that the head area should have been better planned out, even though you probably took your time planning it, anyway. The little wings on the neck area conflict with the headwings. Do you really need both? It looks kind of silly, in a sense, firstly because those wings are awkward in themselves, and secondly because there are other items that you could've used around the neck area, say, a neckerchief. I'm not exactly sure if they come in pink, though. o_o

The scarf in the middle adds a touch too much of the brown color. it goes nearly the length of your avatar, whereas you have little touches of it here and there. It also adds bulk around the neck, when everything else is really simple. How I mentioned the neckerchief before could be used here as well, depending on if they have them in pink or the brown you're using. There's some other item that's name is floating around in my head... I'll have to get back to you later on what other items you can use.

Even through all this harshness, I do enjoy the simplicity (for once!) that is displayed throughout the avatar. And I admire that you didn't use black. /bows

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM

ok i will start off saying that i really like this avatar.

but, the striped leggings i couldn't really tell they were orange, i thought they were a light red, so that could put a problem on your legs. if you keep them it wouldn't be a big deal, but i would try to see a solid orange and compare the two.

that teal is great, a nice dark color. I realize the socks are really limited in colors so i won't get on you for having a shade lighter socks as its not a big deal :yes:

i'm a little nervous about saying something about the arm layering, because it almost looks like it can't be tampered with but maybe try some pink or white gloves that layer under the punk gloves to add some more color to your arms.

and lastly, if you could get some white around your neck then that would spread the white around a lot more.
All in all, the avatar i think deserves an 8.75/10 because of tiny things that can be cured, but no glaring really big mistakes and i really do like the colors :sweat:

(is this how this thread works? i'm a little nervous about it...)

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-23-2011, 04:40 AM

I do like this avatar, don't get me wrong, but I find that the colours are very hard on the eyes. In my opinion the layering is good, as is the overall balance, but the palette that you've chosen, while being very bold, is extremely bright. I've seen your other avatars, and this seems to be one of your signature avatar traits, so I won't ask you to change that but I'm just stating my opinion.

To me it seems that your avatar is a little top-heavy, but I'm not exactly sure how to even out the bottom layers as you seem to have already used up all of the skirt layers and sock layers, but maybe you could add the red bloomers with white lace lining from lingerie land? I'm not to sure how that would look, but it would probably distract from the mass of items around the torso.

Another thing that bothers me is the skin tone. Personally, I really dislike that colour so I would recommend maybe changing it to one of the lighter tones? It would make the bold colours 'pop' more.

--x--

I hope that was okay :sweat: I'm not very good at giving advice.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 AM

Abomination.: I should have mantioned the avi was based round the scarf because nalin give it to me, also the bow is there (pink) because there really is no head items in the right pink, and fi anyone knows of any i'd really love to know. D:

ZeaZea, there are things I like and things I dislike about this avatar, I like the use of the layered skirt (can't remember it's actual name D;) as I haven't seen anyone use it it yet. I love the way you've balanced out the blue on the body, but not so much with the head. I love the way you have used a hair style underneath the wig - really original and it actually doesn't look messy, but I think you need a little blue actually on the head because it seems a little empty. Also there's no deep pink on the feet, maybe one of those bustle bows might fix it (not sure on that you can play around) The neck/chest area looks a little empty, maybe some necklace or chocker? Also I'm not sure I'm 100% keen on the skin you're using, it doesn't seem to fit to me.
Even though it seems like i've been mega negative this avi is actually quite nice and pretty cute.

ALONS-Y!!!!!!! x

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-23-2011, 12:05 PM

For me this avatar is a bit odd. As far as color matching goes you managed to pull that bit off nicely but I have to step back and look at your avatar as a whole. If your going for color matching then the blue in your hair is slightly darker then the other blues in your outfit which.....is not completely detrimental. I think for me the problem in this avi is not the colors but rather the item choices. Two bows, plus feathers and wings seems like a really odd combination. Do they balance out the colors.....yes, do they flow together nicely......not so much. The feet combo is nice....but I'm not really digging the scarf all that much, it just seems so.....bulky. Overall....to me....this avi has potential but its not quite there yet. I give it a 5/10.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-23-2011, 08:05 PM

the pink in the scarf is more the order pink then the neon kind and that stand out a lot. there are stockings that are the right colour and then just tone down the hair a wee bit and it would be perfect. i do love the use of that dress, but i feel since it is so high class, and your outfit over all is so high class, you should be wearing high class shoes... not bear slippers. they are really out of character for the outfit. i also think there should be pink gloves. other then that... if i was really nit picky i would say something about yumeh's blue eyes and the gold in the cards... but i think that i can get away with not bothering if you dont want to do anything about it. its small enough that i would feel like i was nit picking by saying you have to fix it.

other then that, its pretty good.

7/10

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 01-23-2011, 08:40 PM

I love your outfit BSW! I think the horns may make the head a little cluttered though.

9/10

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

fairywaif: Please expand further.
What do you like about it, specifically, and why?

This is not the "Rate the avatar above you" thread. :)
Thanks!

<Please Skip Me.>

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 PM

Sorry! I love the whole theme of it, it looks like it has a story. i also like the way it coordinates all the different purples, and has both brown and black. I also like you used the spectacles, since I consider those a hard item to use well.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 PM

Thank you, Fairywaif. :)

As for you...

It's an interesting theme, some sort of fighter-girl who likes squids?
I'm not sure what I think of the squid though, on your avatar. It seems thrown on just for the sake of wearing it. It doesn't seem to mesh and meld with the rest of the avatar.
Aside from that, there is a lot of white concentrated around her chest, and there isn't any anywhere else, so it just stands out strangely.

I think you should try and spread the silver and white out a little better, and nix the squid, unless you can make it fit better. :heart:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-24-2011, 12:48 PM

The way you tucked colors into various nooks and crannies is truely talent. The only thing I seriously have a problem with I dont know what to suggest as a replacement to. Your avi is comprised of so many tiny little blurbs of color that the shrug seems like too much of a large chunk.....not terribly detrimental but it does stick out a bit to me. Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to how that could be fixed either though. Overall I really like the complexity of the avi so I give it a 9.5/10

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM

I love this avatar so much. It's so unique...and not over layered. I don't think I really see a theme, please correct me if I'm wrong. I really can't complain about this avatar too much. It's simple and it's beautiful. However, I do have a few critiques to improve it. The pinks feel a little off to me. I think the hair and scarf look fine together, but the pink of the stockings look off...they're too dark and are a hue off. I think if you went with the Tropical or Order stockings, they would match better.
I also think your arms look very bare, and would be best with a black item, even if it's the Somber Shoulder Wrap...just something small but will put a little black on your shoulders and something on your arms.

The rest of the things are extremely minor to me. It's perfectly fine without them. :)

@Whoever critiques me...
Could you help me with ideas of getting the blue of the skirt in the rest of the avatar? I don't know which items would work best.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM

what about the teal sparkly surgarplum shirt? if you kept it well layered it might work. and it has the sparkle that the skirt does. although the shoes might work better. but i like the way you have it, you just need some of that colour on your head and the head-kerchief is just not cutting the mustard. what about the Blue Aurora Calliope Circlet?

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 01-25-2011, 10:30 AM

I LOVE this avi. Which I find a bit surprising being that personally don't like brown or gold at all, but you balance it with my two favorite colors (purple and black) very nicely so I can't hold it against you XD. Everything is very nicely layered and the colors are evenly distributed. The moon in the back gives it a very nice frame as well with out taking away from the boat hat or tail feathers. The ONLY think I'm not really feeling is how pokey your shoulders are XD but then if you took that away you would have to find another black shoulder item to take it's place. >.< Overall I know you have been working hard on this avi for a bit and it shows! *applause*

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-28-2011, 02:37 AM

I've always been a fan of purple and black, but here I think that the hair blends in a little too much with the rest of the avatar. Also, you have these random spots of silver, but nothing below the waist. This is normally why I don't really like those long skirts. I say get rid of the long purple skirt, and try some simple layering with silver and lavender with a small touch of black between your legs. For this, I suggest the Sweet Witch Stockings (or whichever ones are purple) the black goddess heels, whatever kind of sock layering you want with the silver tribal anklet things, the silver space skirt, and some sort of purple skirt that matches whatever color you have there.

I also think the confetti clashes a with the I'm-Cute-But-Deadly theme you have going on, as well as whatever those things are coming from your upper arm.

You should probably take changing your hair color to silver and your skin to a light tan as well, as well as getting rid of those leaf-things around your head. A silver necklace would do nicely.

Another thing: Why don't you try adding a light blue to your color scheme? Usually your colorschemes consist of purple, silver, and black. Step out of your comfort zone! xD

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-29-2011, 02:50 AM

abomination: i really like it but the hairpin is a lot from the same set. i think that if you replaced the black in it with the black starry hairpin and used the white fan and then pink and black sticks it would work better. just to break it up you know?

and i think you should use a pink shirt that had sleeves just to show a little more pink on the arms and neck area.

a hand item might also help, but i have no idea what would work. maybe the balloon that is black and wing like. something something of hell i think.... i dont know. but its a balloon and it might add a little sparkle just to help your outfit stand out a bit more.

its really well done though. i love the neck layering and the middle layering. thats really well done. and its still simple enough that its not overwhelming. its also very obviously your style which i like. i know its you before i even read the name, which is great. thats not easily accomplished on mene, at least im not good at that with more users.

Kiako
We are heroes; heroes of the nig...

Old 02-02-2011, 06:55 PM

BSW, it seems it falls to me to critic your current avatar! I should first start off by saying I absolutely love the colours you have chosen for your avi. I think they all go so wonderfully together and I think you did an amazing job at balancing all of your colours. I always simply adore the way the background just fits. You too several of the colours from the background and mad very good use of them with your avi's clothing. The background isn't random in hte least; it fits and works beautifully.

The only thin that really buts me is the orchid colour you used is layered nicely on the top section of your avi, however nearer to the bottom is it scarce minus the shoes. I would try changing out the white stocking perhaps for an orchid colour stocking, might give it that added colour I think you might be missing.

Other than that, I think its splendid. So I will give you a 9.5/10. Well done dear, I think you very much deserve it!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 PM

I really like what you've got going, so I'm going to just be nitpicking for the most part. :P

1- I hate how those scarves are shaped, but that's a problem with the item, not with you...they looked like sausages draped around your neck. >__> You know?
But, also it's a little light compared to the rest of the pinks.

2- I want moar blood. >:U She's just so pink and sweet, with a little blood in the back, but I feel like it could be finished with some blood at the bottom. :drool: ...Or maybe that's just me because I'm watching Dawn of the Dead.

3- I'd also like to see more white throughout because of the white on the belt. ><

Overall though, it's lovely, and I would definitely give it a solid 9/10