shanzyluvshim
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to shanzyluvshim Send a message via Yahoo to shanzyluvshim

Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 PM

well i think us as humans are extremely stupid! i mean 70 years ago, or how ever long ago, oil was unlimited. now look at us, fighting over it like the selfish animals that we are.

i mean the whole plastic thing is horrible as well. did u know that in the pacific ocean there is an area filled with plastic containers just floating below the surface? yeah! it's twice the size of the U.S.! i can't believe it either....

people in africa are dying of AIDS and HIV....and what do we do? pretty much nothing....sure there are people out there with money helping them out... but is that really enough? i don't think so....

and wat about global warming? i mean come on! are we just going to let the ice caps melt away as people on the coast drown?

How does the government let this happen? i don't understand? can someone please explain this to me? they're supposed to be protecting us....but instead they're tapping our phones and starting wars over oil and money and control....but wat about the little people who really have no say in ne of it? where do we stand? o, i know....in front of our comps or t.v.'s slowly dieing our rights as people away!

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE U WOULD LIKE TO STAND IN ALL OF THIS?

Last edited by ToriKat; 05-05-2008 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: excessive punctuation marks

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 02-09-2008, 12:07 AM

AiDS is helping reduce world population
atleast thats a good thing

shanzyluvshim
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to shanzyluvshim Send a message via Yahoo to shanzyluvshim

Old 02-09-2008, 08:41 PM

i guess so....but it'd be better if it was the shitty politicians getting aids rather than innocent ppl....

+lieforrenn
*^_^*

Old 02-10-2008, 07:06 AM

To answer your question: WHY WE'RE KILLING IT OF COURSE.

Sure people make effort, but it's not good enough is all. We DO try. Just not enough. And we don't realize that ENOUGH is ENOUGH. D:

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 AM

Shansy: Yes, humans are very stupid a great deal of the time. This should not be news. We can also be very lovely and creative, but as a whole, we're in a very pessimistic mood at the moment, and don't like to talk about pleasant things. That is another debate however.

I've been having some revelations about the various problems you mentioned, though I'm afraid it would be rather too lengthy and off-topic to try and explain them. To try and make the long story short, I'll say that I've embraced the changes as part of the natural, beautiful cycle of life; destruction is absolutely necessary to all stages of life. I will do my best to alleviate some of the suffering involved, but I'm not interested in presenting anything.

I know, that sort of makes me sound crazy and heartless. Sorry.

(By the way, the floating continent of trash is actually the size of Texas, not the whole US. Also, I understand that you're passionate about the topic, but do you think you could clean up your punctuation a little? Your post was difficult to read.)

AntiOrder
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to AntiOrder

Old 02-10-2008, 01:28 PM

There are a whole lot of man made problems going on at the moment, global warming being the most obvious. I agree that not enough is being done about it but the only person who's habits we can really change are our own, and lets face it most of us are too lazy and forgetful to really do anything. Renewable energy seems a long way off, I'm all for having more windfarms in the UK, heck I used to live in the Lake District and I backed the plans to put one up there, but most people suffer from the NIMBY (not in my back yard) so plans usually get turned down. Humans to me seem to be an inherently hypocritical species, everyone knows something needs to be done but no ones prepared to do it.

Though I do feel i should say that people have been harming the environment for thousands of years, it's not a new thing. As an example theres a river in Wales (UK) which was used for transporting goods to a fort by the Romans, but over use and a few other things have caused sediment to build-up making it unusable and changed it's flood patterns so all the surrounding land is effected.

Aids however I can't really blame on humans, it's a natural disease, like malaria, and theres not much that can be done till some one finds a cure or a vaccine.

And now i feel all ranted out :D

Takabean
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Global Warming isn't real. It's just an excuse people use to blame things. People don't realize that we just got out of a little Ice Age in like the 1700s. The earth is just going through changes. And the ozone layer is re-building itself so I don't see what the big deal is.

Yarrian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiOrder
Aids however I can't really blame on humans, it's a natural disease, like malaria, and theres not much that can be done till some one finds a cure or a vaccine.
AIDs is a natural disease, however it's spread could easily be stemmed with a little human effort, such as wider education and distribution of condoms. Not only that but many people who could be helped by existing drugs do not have access to them for political or economic reasons :) So, yeah, there's a hell of a lot we can do right now to slow down the AIDs epidemic.

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to dianakitsune

Old 02-10-2008, 07:14 PM

The government has to worry about the people needs as well and unfortunitly people are more concerned with eating...

bestway2
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 AM

humans are destroying our earth, its our fault and soon enough we will have to pay the consequence.. Some people are trying to stop the things we are doing.. take a look at the protesters out there.

Global warming is going to either put us into another ice age or send us into a heat wave (its what I think) sure there was alot of oil 70 years ago, but then people found how much it was worth, got greedy, started putting up oil rigs everywhere, now we are almost out.

Protesters need to do more then just go around with banners and signs.. Has anyone seen that movie? "an inconvenient truth?" it talks about what we are doing to our planet. shows how much our world has changed in only 10 years. If we don't do something soon there won't be a planet left for us to live on.

If your that riled up about what is going on.. do something about it.

kerisu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-04-2008, 03:29 AM

If the current administration tried to help the environment, they'd screw it up royally. Bush dooms everything he touches. I think it's best that he just step back and try not to sabotage anything. :sweat:

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 05-04-2008, 07:28 PM

We're killing it.

When I moved into my town a decade ago, there wasn't much. Some houses, a few large chain stores (Wal-Mart and Shop-Rite, and I think the K-Mart was here then) and lots of little family owned things. Tons of trees.

Now it's all stores and pavement. There's no trees. All I can see out the window of my classes is the highschool (which isn't that far away, but my town made the 11/12 building big enough to hold like 5,000 kids, which is more than there are in the entire 7-12 district).

It's disgusting. And the way people act about it is even worse.

About 3 years ago I wrote up a petition to send to the mayor asking to slow the construction and at least attempt to preserve a few trees.

I got like 5 signatures, and I STILL haven't lived it down.

I hate it. We're killing our planet. And no one cares.

kerisu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-04-2008, 08:05 PM

I live in Brookeville Maryland, USA. When I was born, I lived just outside a quiet little town. the surrounding area was woods on one side, farms on the other. Today, I live just outside a bustling metropolis, with playgrounds and public parks on one side, and a highway and high-class suburb on the other. I've never moved in my life. X3

`I L L U S I O N S
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to `I L L U S I O N S Send a message via Yahoo to `I L L U S I O N S

Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Oh? Someone who agree's with me? -Cool.

The government sucks, but without it, we would have nothing but chaos in our towns and city's. I hate the government and having a president in general. [[Personally, I would like to go back to a King/Queen thing but they dont have any power these days.]] I will never vote, choose to participate in politics and frankly, try and forget about the government. They dont want to help us. They just want our money and fund useless projects.

Other countries are doing better then us, actually. I believe is just America. But I do support the idea that humans are responsible for many errors in our world. -If people dont like certain country, then they decide to make everyone else them, ignoring their request for help. I thought humans were for helping one another? To get everyone where they should be, in the modern world? You know, with computers, TV, cars, all that useless stuff they adds onto the pollution.

And Global warming is REAL. People think its fake. People also think the twin towers never collapsed. "Oh, so they magically disappeared?" -Psh. People dont seem to accept bad things. [[Sorry if the Twin Tower quote offended you.]] Its real. Dont say its not. Some parts of it is actually natural, the Ozone layer is supposed to keep the sun's heat from escaping the planet, but were just adding onto it with all our polluting. [[Like Smoke towers, car's, gas exhaust.]] -But yes. People are trying to bring global warming down. To prevent the ice caps from melting. But not enough peopel are involved. Everyone -Mostly the younger generation- want "New Cars" such as the Hummer, which is a big gas guzzler that spews its used gas into the air. And dont bother taking the bus, commuting or walking. Cause its "Too much work" or "Its to hot." Please. Humans need to understand that in order to live life, you have to work. -I just want humans to understand that life isnt going to be all happy and healthy, the way we keep doing what were doing, the air will be to toxic to breath.

AIDs helps cut the population down. There are to many people on this planet. -And to add on to all the horriable things this planet is going through because of us. I hate being in crowds because...well, there humans. >_> [[Yes. Im aware that Im human...I have errors too so Im just as horriable as everyone else.]] But I go out to do what I love, photography. But there's TOO MANY PEOPLE! AIDS/HIV isnt working fast enough. -Yes. I know its a bad thing to have but it helps. If people didnt be so stupid and not have sex, there would be less people. [[I blame Hollywood/Celebrities.]]

People say Im insane for saying this, well at least I know the truth. :3

iClimax
*^_^*

Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 PM

I can sum up EXACTLY why the gov't. lets this happen.
Actually I can sum it up with out writing a whole post on it.
2 Simple words.
"Money talks."
Yeah, tell me how much that money helps when we are all dead.

Intoxicating Envy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 PM

Alright, I didn't read the whole post, but do you know we do have a lot of Coal
on our planet but we aren't using it? Also, do you want to know why the gas
prices are rising this fast: First of all because WE are willing to pay that much and
secondly we need it and the gas companies want to rake in the cash by barrel fulls.

About this plastic thing, never knew about it or heard about it, but see why do we
as humans have to buy bottles upon bottles of water and not recycle the bottles?!
Why exactly can't we use some of the sturdy water bottles and reuse those?
I try recycling all the time and I drink water from the fridge tap.

The people in Africa dying of AIDS and HIV, what about the people in our own countries
whether America, Africa, Asia or anywhere?! They are starving and dying too! Now if you
feel like you aren't doing enough then do more! Give more, create a nonprofit organization
and donate it all to AIDs.

Global Warming, well, I won't go there.

slickie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanzyluvshim View Post
well i think us as humans are extremely stupid! i mean 70 years ago, or how ever long ago, oil was unlimited. now look at us, fighting over it like the selfish animals that we are.

i mean the whole plastic thing is horrible as well. did u know that in the pacific ocean there is an area filled with plastic containers just floating below the surface? yeah! it's twice the size of the U.S.! i can't believe it either....

people in africa are dying of AIDS and HIV....and what do we do? pretty much nothing....sure there are people out there with money helping them out... but is that really enough? i don't think so....

and wat about global warming? i mean come on! are we just going to let the ice caps melt away as people on the coast drown?

How does the government let this happen? i don't understand? can someone please explain this to me? they're supposed to be protecting us....but instead they're tapping our phones and starting wars over oil and money and control....but wat about the little people who really have no say in ne of it? where do we stand? o, i know....in front of our comps or t.v.'s slowly dieing our rights as people away!

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE U WOULD LIKE TO STAND IN ALL OF THIS?
Well, Oil was never unlimited. And now, it's not that limited. Many people think that we have very little of it left. But not really.
The war is about Bush covering his tracks. Not oil. Just face it. Bush made A LOT of money off of 9-11. WE are at war because it makes the government feel like they are doing something to protect it's country against terrorism. Unfortunately, with other countries' disagreement with our war policies, we are making it more and more likely to be terrorized yet again.
I don't understand the plastic thing either. Why can't they go out there and fish all that plastic out, melt it down, and make new plastic.
About Africa, Our government isn't responsible for africa's aids problem. But i see that by the way our country is acting toward the middle eastern countries, we feel we do. We police the damn world.
I don't understand why the U.S is so concerned about other countries when they have so many problems of their own. All those other countries have their own government. It's none of our concern if their government is corrupt, or neglecting aids, a communist, a democrat, a dictatorship, etc. We don't rule the world and aren't responsible for it's problems.
About the global warming thing, we aren't gonna be able to change a thing unless we can get our own country as well as other countries to stop using so much co2. Also, i think global warming is a cycle of the earth. In a way, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. We can only slow it dow.

As for my personal opinion, i hate living in america. The country is so much more concerned with problems outside of it's own country, that I doubt it's simple awareness. All the citizens care too much about the starving children in africa or the Canadians killing the baby seals. I doubt they realize the economy recession we are going through.

kerisu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-05-2008, 10:46 PM

[In Response to `I L L U S I O N S post#14] You're right! the government doesn't want to help us! oh, if only there were some way that the citizens of America could decide who they wanted to lead the country! *ahem* my point is; The problem with our electoral system are dissillusioned citizens who don't vote because they don't trust the system. Also, Are you sure the "New Generation" wants hummers? I'm pretty sure It's between the Baby-boomers, and the Generation-X's that want the Big hulking, monster cars. I, Myself, (belonging to Generation Y) have an SUV that gets great gas Mileage. I like it because I don't have to manuvere to get into or out of the car, and I can see the road from my seat. Also, I feel pretty safe in it. For example: Once, while I was driving, I stopped at a red light. All of a sudden, I felt my car bounce up in the air. :shock: This lady in a little car ran into me. It broke my tail-light, and totalled the front of her car. Appearently she had stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake. :sweat: I took the bus in highschool, But I'm not going to for college. why? because the people on the bus are scary. I once saw a woman pee herself, then sit somewhere else. :o And Another thing; how can you blame celebrities for an epidemic that's going on in Africa? Most of these people still don't know exactly what AIDS is. That's because the people who care enough about these impoverished people to actually go over and help them are devout christians, most of which know nothing about STDs and would rather stress the whole "Not having Sex" thing, rather than giving them condoms and educating them about the disease. Furthermore, there are still some villages in Africa that believe that if you get AIDS by having sex with someone who has AIDS, you can get rid of it by having sex with someone who does not have AIDS. That may work according to Algabraic arithmetic, but not in any other way.
[In Response to Intoxicating Envy post#16] You're right, we're not using our coal. mainly because it causes a lot more pollution, and generates a lot less power.
[In Response to slickie post#17] Personally, I'm proud of America's concern with other countries. I mean, yeah, our economy's in the toilet, but there are so many countries out there with no economy to speak of. We have a certain individual perspective about the world. We understand that most people's problems are much more serious than ours. It proves that we're not all selfish pigs. =3

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 05-05-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerisu View Post
I live in Brookeville Maryland, USA. When I was born, I lived just outside a quiet little town. the surrounding area was woods on one side, farms on the other. Today, I live just outside a bustling metropolis, with playgrounds and public parks on one side, and a highway and high-class suburb on the other. I've never moved in my life. X3
I'm going to assume you're pretty young?

Though I'd like to think you were very, very old based on that timeline.

kerisu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-06-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Fool View Post
I'm going to assume you're pretty young?

Though I'd like to think you were very, very old based on that timeline.
:sweat: I'm 18. I'll be turning 19 on the 19th, though!

Intoxicating Envy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-06-2008, 04:13 AM

Congrats Keri! On the Birthday coming up.

Yes, Well, I don't think we should be using coal.
We also have a bit of oil in America but we won't drill it
because it is in Alaska.

I believe we really should come up with a better form of energy of course, but
we REALLY need to think of the consequences of each move.

marisol
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to marisol Send a message via MSN to marisol Send a message via Yahoo to marisol

Old 05-21-2008, 03:42 AM

yep, humans are extremely stupid. but it's because humans are so selfish, lazy, and indifferent about the planet and future generations they're harming.
you could prevent aids and hiv by not having sex, but who is willing to do that?
you could prevent plastic pollution by not using plastic, but who is willing to do that?
you could prevent global warming by not driving a car and not having kids, but who is going to do that?
you could prevent your phone convos being overheard by stopping using ur phone, but who is gonna do that?
of course just one person cutting back on these things will not make a big difference. but that's the problem--every1 thinks that their one little self makes no dif in the world. but just think--if all those little six billion people all pitched in to help, we would start to see some gradual change.

General Lee Outrageous
Cogiat ergo est.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:33 AM

Killing the Earth? Bah! Sometimes, humans get so full of ourselves. Do you honestly believe that we could do anything significant enough to "kill" the Earth? This hunk of rock has been around far longer than we have been and it will be here long after we're gone. Sure, we might mess things up a bit, but if it can survive the millions of meteors that have bashed it up throughout time, I think it can survive a bunch of SUV's.

LotusFlowers
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-24-2008, 05:45 AM

humans are like any other species, we will eventually die out due to our own stupidity. You can't change it it is the cycle of life so just stop whinning and learn to recycle(lol) =)

xXMidnaXx
Alchemy for Life!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:52 PM

The Government is too busy jerking off with our tax money to pay attention to any of America's problems. Do I really need to say anything else? =/