Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 PM

Hey guys!
I myself don't know how often I'm going to be able to participate in this event due to work and school, so it's a bit disappointing. :(
Anyone else have the same problem?

*NOTE*
This is a general hang out for anyone to talk about anything! So feel free to start a conversation or join into a current one! ;) <3

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 PM

I'm right there with ya, pal.
But hopefully you can have a little free time to enjoy the event!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 PM

Hopefully!
Right now I'm sort of at a downtime from work so I can chat for a bit for once LOL
The past couple of months I've hardly been online/on the computer :(
My Mene avi feels abandoned :( </3

What're you up to?

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Aww I'm sorry.
Right now I'm trying to juggle a couple of chats, but I get so distracted :P
I'm watching Coraline (and i swear I'm going to have a nightmare. For a kid's movie, this one is CREEPY!)

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Plenty of free time for me, although I'm still researching what kind of school I should go to and the alternatives.

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 09:03 PM

What are you interested in Acob?

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:08 PM

Hey emma-chan. Yes i have the same prob. although i do have a bit of time this weekend i guess. But monday-fri next week is work work work lol.

How you been hun???

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 PM

@Nacara I'm interested in linguistics. Currently i'm teaching myself Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Turkish, Esperanto and maybe later learn Farsi and Korean.

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 PM

I have that problem too, and just now it got worse... it's going to be an horrid weekend :|

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 PM

That is so wonderful Aco!
Definitely try your hand at American Sign Language. There is something so beautiful about expression performed with the hands.
Why is it going to be a horrible weekend Kah?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 09:18 PM

@Nacara: LOL! I know what you mean - but it's still awesomely amazing!
I watched it when it first came out a couple years ago and it even creeped ME out! (and I was like, 16/17 at the time!)
Still adore it though <3

@Aco: Ooo good luck hun!
Finding the right programs are always the toughest - take it from me, really research everything and be prepared for the college to up and change their programs/requirements halfway through your first year haha
I was at my first choice school and it turned out to be a bust lol
For a private school, it did NOT work out well :P
Definitely glad I was able to transfer and find a college that wasn't lying about what degrees they offered XD;

@Roachi: <3

Hahaha How's work going though? Getting any better?

I've been ok - getting everything settled - I'm having to go through another dentist to get my braces 'cause the one I was working with for almost a year decided last month that he wasn't going to work with my oral surgeon to fix my TMJ because he doesn't think I need surgery and he doesn't feel he's equipped to handle it blah blah blah - basically information I could have used MONTHS ago seeing as how I can't have a consult with the new dentist I'm looking into until October-ish >.>
-can't stand the last dentist-
Buuut the TMJ is on it's way to getting fixed, as are the ovaries - just waiting on appointments at this point haha

I transferred colleges -- took a medical leave from SLU and am now doing only courses at a SUNY school - after that, I'll either go back to SLU or go on to Clarkson - I think Clarkson though because it's more of a business school and should be better for what I'm going for :3

How've you been??
It's been wayy too long since we've had a chance to catch up :( </3

@Aco: Ooo - Linguistics? That sounds fun! I've always been amazing with accents - I just haven't had the opportunity to learn many languages because not many are offered here :(
(only Spanish was offered in my high school) xD;

@Kah: Aww :(
I hope your weekend gets better for you!!

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 09:20 PM

It definitely is a wonderfully made film, just creepy >.< The opening credits are what "scare" me the most :P
Like Nightmare before Christmas! Wonderful, memorable, but scary.

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:22 PM

@Emma Corrin Not easy to learn on your own, esp. if the area you live at is predominately English only with bits of Spanish here and there.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 09:22 PM

@Nacara: LOL Definitely agree :3
I still love Tim Burton though - he and his wife are just amazing - totally adore them both <3
Have you seen any of Tim's other movies?

@Aco: Languages are never easy to learn on your own in general - that was the problem with my Japanese class I took last fall -- it was supposed to be Elementary level - made for anyone who wanted to learn the language but had no experience. It was nothing more than a refresher course for Intermediate level Japanese lol
2 classes a week plus a lab, and we were expected to have a new written language learned and down pat every 2 weeks - It was INSANE!
I dropped that course and am now currently looking at taking French :3

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 08-05-2011 at 09:24 PM..

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 PM

I recommend Sweeny Todd. It's very good.

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 09:25 PM

Is that the singing-cannibal movie? Aiyaiai! If it's anything like Hostel, I can't do it ._.

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 PM

Well, some asshole robbed my parents some thousands from their bank accounts - I don't think this is going to have a happy ending at all. But thanks for your thoughts! u.u

On another note, I'm also a language fan. I speak English as a second language, my native one being Spanish :yes: For some time I took German, but then I entered my first semester in college and these days I have time for barely anything at all, so yeah... I also had a couple of years of French in High School, but that one is an exception - I dislike French to a point the only thing I remember is "Salut, je n'aime et ne parle pas le français"... and I don't even know if that's correct :XD Such a tête de poulet I am :P

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 PM

Definitely a good movie!
But, I think in Nacara's case she should keep away from it xD;
I think it'd be too gory and creepy - probably give her nightmares depending on her tolerance level

EDIT: @Nacara: Well, it's not exactly a cannibal movie xD;
He just kills people and the woman he's staying with makes the bodies into pies in order to keep him from getting caught so he can kill the people he's set out to kill without any suspicion :P

I don't know what Hostel is because I don't watch horror movies, but I still wouldn't recommend you watching Sweeney Todd unless you're willing to see a lot of blood and gore :3

EDIT 2: Kah I'm so sorry to hear :(
I hope everything is able to get situated and returned!!

I don't know French what so ever, so I have no idea what you're even saying o.O;;
I took Spanish for 5 years before college - but I'm sick of the language so I'm looking for something new to try :3
When I have the time, I'm looking into taking French because I wanted to take it in high school but my high school didn't offer it by the time I was old enough to take it. :(

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 08-05-2011 at 09:30 PM..

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Definitely a good movie!
But, I think in Nacara's case she should keep away from it xD;
I think it'd be too gory and creepy - probably give her nightmares depending on her tolerance level

EDIT: @Nacara: Well, it's not exactly a cannibal movie xD;
He just kills people and the woman he's staying with makes the bodies into pies in order to keep him from getting caught so he can kill the people he's set out to kill without any suspicion :P

I don't know what Hostel is because I don't watch horror movies, but I still wouldn't recommend you watching Sweeney Todd unless you're willing to see a lot of blood and gore :3
And the currency for the event is pies...maybe meat? :P

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 PM

Doubtful xD;
It looks more like a raspberry chocolate cheesecake to me :P

EDIT: I'll be back later guys -- have to do a few things around the house for a bit -- see you later!

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Oh my... That's... eww. But I do hear that it is a very good movie. I'll have to watch it (if my stomach can take it).
Oh Kah, I'm so sorry! I hope everything improves for you!

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 PM

After this post I shall have 18 pies. How many people do you think it took to make up the ingredients in this amount alone? :P

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 PM

A factory filled with Menewshans? :P

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kah Hilzin-Ec View Post
A factory filled with Menewshans? :P
Look at my prior comment/quote concerning Sweeny Todd.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacara View Post
Oh my... That's... eww. But I do hear that it is a very good movie. I'll have to watch it (if my stomach can take it).
Oh Kah, I'm so sorry! I hope everything improves for you!
Haha Yeah - just be prepared for all of it in advanced and you'll be fine -- I wasn't and almost through up xD;
Definitely not something you want to watch while you're eating :3

I mean, despite all of that though? The plot and acting? It's AMAZING - totally worth the watch :3
Plus, once you've watched it the first time? Any time after you're generally fine with it because you know what to expect/when it's coming - so it's not as bad as the first time :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acobjum View Post
After this post I shall have 18 pies. How many people do you think it took to make up the ingredients in this amount alone? :P
Yeahh - not something I really want to think about ^_^;;