poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 04-20-2011, 04:08 PM

The old thread died...?

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Green Day @_@. I hope someone else does, too!

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 AM

I like the old green day, back in the day~
Nimrod was my favorite cd in elementry. xD
I was always the oddball for not listening to nsync..

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 04-21-2011, 02:14 AM

Haha, Nimrod is good. First time they really "opened up" their range, early on it was mostly poppy stuff, then Dookie was a little... "harder" as was Insomniac, then Nimrod totally showed what they were capable of producing. I think it made people kind of shake their heads like "what? whoa...". Of course, at the time I was seven, so I couldn't really chime in on the significance of it all... Now, though, I have to laugh every time I hear "Good Riddance" at a serious event... people don't realize the song is sort of laughing at them...

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 04-21-2011, 02:21 AM

Mm, yeah. Dookie was a good one but really I'd prefer anything over American Idiot. That album to me, wasn't their best. Some songs were really good though, I really liked Jesus of suburbia but other than that nothing really.
Hm, 7? Maybe, you're older than I am? I think Basketcase was my favorite when I was little. Probably cause I felt like I was. xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 AM

I love American Idiot personally ; last year I was thrilled to see the show! And 21st Century Breakdown as well, I adore. Buuuut that is because it sort of was just all the things i loved about the band, coming out in a great new package xP.

I heard Basket Case when I was little, but I didn't really know it. Honestly, I don't remember much from then o_O. I was fourteen/fifteen (late 2004/2005) by the time I started getting really into them. I did know their stuff prior to that - or at least a good portion of their singles - but didn't realize it, as I hadn't really been paying attention!

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 04-21-2011, 03:12 AM

I haven't heard of any their new stuff recently.

..Eep, I was like..11. xD you're probably 3 years older than I am? Mhm, as was I. Along with all the other bands like Blink 182 and Jimmy eat World. ox o I miss bands like that, they don't have to use auto tunes to make good music.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 AM

21CB was their 2009 album (and most recent studio album); it was similar to American Idiot in many ways, but in a number of ways expanded upon American Idiot's themes... using different characters - or, at least, different names - and a different narrative, but... still similar.

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:27 PM

Dookie and American Idiot were truthfully the only things I've ever liked about Green Day. They've really gone downhill today, but their concept album work was pretty awesome and when they hit on something right, you knew it.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-22-2011, 01:49 AM

Huh; most people who feel like being down on them really knock american idiot as well.

Well, I guess I've got to thank you for coming in! I have to wonder what you mean by "really gone downhill "today"", though, considering that their latest album was also a concept album and that they have show what has been reported as their best tour yet.

Also I think it is funny that as I am viewing this thread, your signature has American Idiot on it... before I read your post, I thought that you would be another big fan XD.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-13-2011, 11:30 PM

A couple nights ago, Green Day did a surprise/secret show and apparently the main set was ALL NEW SONGS.

RockBand4Ever

Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 PM

o wow new songs where did you see this ?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 PM

Well, I heard that they had done a show at a place called the Tiki Bar.. .not sure where that is, but it si somewhere in California, haha. Anyway, go to YouTube and search "Green Day Amy" or something like that.