Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 08-05-2014, 03:31 AM

Name: Jessica (Jess for short) Garther

----------------------------------------------------------

Jess frowned as she stared at the key pad of the door that stood before of her. It looked like it was from out of a prison or a bank with how heavy duty the door was. Yet it had to be this sturdy for inside it was something more dangerous then a prisoner and it had cost them a lot to make it. Yet it wasn't valuable or at least not as valuable as the other scientists were hoping. They had hoped for a success, something that would go beyond what they imagined. Yet it didn't and it was now labeled as a failure.

Sighing, Jess moved forward and started to punch in the password for the door. She had volunteered to look after it till they figured out what to do with it. It had saddened her to know that they could do this to something they just made, especially since it looked so human. But, she guessed that was why they didn't wanted to look at it anymore, so that they wouldn't think of it as a human. Yet, ever since Jess had first seen it, she couldn't think of it as something else. It looked human to her and she just couldn't abandon it like the others. She wouldn't say she felt like a mother to it, she wasn't there from the beginning. But she felt like a girl who visited the circus for the first time. In other words it fascinated her and she couldn't just leave it alone and part of her felt like it couldn't be a failure.

After pressing the enter button, the door slowly started to slid open and she smiled as she looked into the room. "Hello, I am Jess and I am here to take care of you from now on."

Last edited by Palmoun; 08-06-2014 at 04:41 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-05-2014, 07:06 AM

Todd Hunter

It was dark. He didn't know where he was, but he knew it was dark, and cold. These words were ones that he knew because they had made him that way, able to know basic things already. He didn't know what he looked like, or what his name was, or what outside looked like. He had woken up in this dark, cold room all alone, and had been thinking ever since. How long? Days? Weeks? He wondered. He hadn't been fed, or given anything to drink. He had no need to use the bathroom, because there was nothing in him. He was just beginning to wonder if he even needed to eat, when the door opened. Light streamed in, and it would have hurt his eyes if he hadn't been made to adjust instantly to any changes in lighting. He heard a voice, the first one he had ever heard, speaking to him. Judging by the voice and the look of the person, they were female. Sitting against the wall across from the door, he decided now was the time to try speaking. "Jess. A human. What do you plan to do with me?" He asked. His voice was pleasant, low and smooth as silk. When he looked up at her, she would get a clear view of his face, and his eyes which marked him as a failure. He was a clone, created with the DNA of the strongest, the fastest, the smartest of human and animal alike. He was supposed to be the perfect predator, the perfect weapon. But he was a failure, unable to blend in with regular humans the way he was supposed to, unable to function properly. He didn't know what his purpose was, or the full reasons behind his "failure" label, but he did know that he didn't belong there. Outside. Is it anything like my dreams? He wondered silently. Perhaps he wasn't supposed to dream. Perhaps he wasn't supposed to think for himself. He hated not knowing.

Palmoun

Old 08-06-2014, 12:02 AM

Jess jumped slightly when she heard him talk to her. It was the first time she had heard him speak and it was directed at her. It thrilled her to know that it could react to her talking and still wondered how this could be a failure. Yet when she looked at it's eyes she knew that was the reason. They wanted to create something that could blend into human life easily, yet his face and eyes stood out more then they had wanted. A failure. But could they label him as a failure just because of his eyes? Because to her, his eyes looked amazing and almost enchanting. Looking at his face, she pushed her glasses up her nose and smiled at him. "Uh.. I am here to watch over you for now and as to my plans…. I actually have no idea." She said as she tried to remember what she had planned to do. Yet she had been so excited to hear that she was in charge of him that she couldn't even remember if she had made any plans. Rubbing the back of her head, she smiled at him, "I kind of have no idea but it is nice to meet you. Would you like to come out and get something to eat?" She asked, trying to figure out exactly how to talk to him. The others had ordered him to do things but she couldn't do that, he was a human, or at least looked like one, and she would treat him as one for now. But then she wondered if she was allowed to take him out of the room, the others wouldn't dare move him. She was in charge of him though, so she could do with him with what she liked.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-06-2014, 02:41 AM

((Wolfie can't see your person's picture ))

He ran the words through his mind a few times, testing them out. "To watch over me. What does this entail?" He asked, finally standing up. He found that he was a few inches taller than the woman, and had to look down slightly to speak to her. Make eye contact. This is important. The thought came to him, and though he didn't know why eye contact was important, he trusted his instinct. He looked her in the eye and felt something odd. A connection? "Nice...to meet me? That is new." He told her in a matter-of-fact tone. No one had ever said it was nice to meet him before. In fact, the word "nice" had never been applied to him at all. "Out to eat. Do you mean out as in out of this room, or outside? Please clarify. Am I capable of the ingestion of food?" He had so many questions, and this human was the first one that seemed willing to speak to him. Perhaps she could answer some of his questions.

Palmoun

Old 08-06-2014, 05:14 AM

Jess watched as he came over to her and slowly had to look up at him as he got closer. By the time he stood in front of her, she was looking up just to see his face. "Um… that means that I am going to be taking care of you, making sure your eating and sleeping." She said and a second later found his eyes looking into her own. She still couldn't' understand how this was a failure, this made him unique in the best way to her. They reminded her of fire. Yet she snapped out of it when she heard him and wondered if he could eat food or not. "Well I don't know, all your diagrams and notes say that you should be able to function like a regular human. So I assume you can eat." She said as she smiled at him and hoped that she was right. If they had made him so that he couldn't enjoy food she kind of felt sad for him. Everyone should be able to enjoy food since food was made to be enjoyed and help them survive. "And as for where we shall eat, the only places to eat are outside and it just so happens that my favorite dinner is just down the road. So, would you like to come with me?" she asked as she smiled up at him. Sure they normally didn't allow for their subjects to be outside till they were completely perfect, but he was a failure, they wouldn't mind if he disappeared for a little while.

((I fixed it, sorry about that))

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-06-2014, 05:51 AM

((That's okay, thank you. It's a cute pic!))

He didn't need to think about it for very long. The idea of going outside, of finally seeing what lay beyond the door of this little room, was too tempting to pass up. "I wish to go outside, so I will go with you. What is food like? And what is a...diner?" He asked, not moving. He wouldn't leave the room until she did, and not until she told him it was okay to do so. He was curious, but also a little nervous. Having never been outside of that room, he had no idea what to expect. Some part of him wondered if normal humans had diagrams and notes to tell them how they functioned. Then something struck him. He knew her name, but he had no name to give her in return. "I do not know how to introduce myself to you. Do the charts give you something to call me?"

Palmoun

Old 08-06-2014, 06:16 AM

Jess smiled when she heard him and nodded happily, "then lets go outside and have a little fun." she said but just before she turned around to lead him outside she look up at him, "A diner is where people serve you good tasting food but in exchange you have to give them money. Very few times is food free." she said as she smiled at him and was glad that he sounded excited about something. But he didn't move or anything, just like he was program to do. Though she chuckled when she heard him and smiled, "Well all you do is look at them, say Hello, and tell them your name if you wish to introduce yourself to someone." she said as she smiled at him but it weakened slightly when he asked for his own name. The charts all called him Subject #7099 and was under the project of Predator. Thinking for a bit, she then looked at him, "How about if we call you Todd Hunter? Do you like that name? Tell me if you don't, I kind of suck at names" She said since everyone should be able to like their own name. If he didn't like the sounds of it, she would just have to think of some other kind of name for him.

((Thanks))

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-07-2014, 04:40 AM

Food in exchange for money. The concept was strange to him, but at least he kind of knew what money was. He didn't know what "free" meant, but it sounded like something good. They still hadn't moved, but he was fine with that, especially now that he had been given a name. Todd Hunter. He liked it. His mental reserves brought up that a Todd was a male fox, and Hunter meant the same as predator. He also recalled that a fox was usually red. Did he have red hair, then? Either way, the name seemed to fit. "It is a good name. I give you my thanks." He said, nodding firmly. It was then that he realized something he should have noticed before. Jess was covered, her body encased in some kind of material. He was wearing only a pair of jeans, no socks, shoes or shirt. "Am I supposed to be covered, like you are?" He asked, gesturing to her clothes.

Palmoun

Old 08-08-2014, 02:48 AM

When Jess heard him she couldn't help but smile, "glad that you like your name, everyone should." She said and was just about to tell him to follow her when she heard him. If she walked into the store with him like this they would kick her out right away and she would rather not have that happen. "Yeah, your right about that." She said and tapped her chin as she tried to think of where they might find some spare clothing. She then remembered that one of the other scientists kept spare clothing in the break room near the front of the building. Smiling, she nodded, "Come on, we can grab you some clothing on the way to the store. Just follow me." she said and turned before heading down the hall. She had a feeling that she would get some looks from the others since normally they would keep the failure locked up, but she didn't want to do that to Todd.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-08-2014, 03:41 AM

Now officially named, Todd did as he was instructed and followed Jess. He could tell instantly that it would be difficult for him to follow instead of lead, because his strides were longer than hers. Even inexperienced in walking as he was, he had to slow himself down considerably in order to walk behind his guide. As they walked, Todd silently marveled at the hallway and everything in it. Many things were strange to him, but he managed to put a name to some if it. Picture, paper, light... The words clicked in his head as he saw each item, and each time he saw an item that had no word, he wanted to learn more about it. Still, he controlled himself, somehow knowing that it was important for him to stay as quiet as he could, to try and remain unnoticed. And yet- "What is that?" He asked, stopping as he walked past a mirror. The image within the glass seemed to be copying him, and this was confusing enough to make him disobey Jess's order to follow her.

Palmoun

Old 08-09-2014, 11:25 PM

Jess smiled as she walked down the hall and each time they passed one of her colleges she would just smile while they stared. To most they would probably think that she was crazy for letting him out but she wanted Todd to have fun. He seemed like a interesting person and she wanted to make sure that he wasn't a failure. Turning into the break room, se heard him and chuckled as she pointed at the mirror. "it is called a Mirror but if your talking about what it is showing you, that would be you." She said as she smiled up at Todd. "You were never shown a Picture of yourself, were you." She said softly and couldn't help but feel a little sad for him. She could now realized exactly how sheltered they had kept him since they made him. He was like a little kid in a new world, he knew too little and there was just so much around him. She just hoped that she turned out to be the proper guide for him in this world of theirs. Heading over to a shelf, she pulled out a set of clothing and hoped that they would fit. "Todd, here, you can put these on and then we can head outside." She said as she held them out to him.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-10-2014, 03:16 AM

Todd looked over at Jess in surprise. He knew the word "mirror" and what it meant, but he had never imagined that this was one, or that that was him inside of it. "That is me? This is...what I look like?" He asked, turning back to the mirror. He saw the person in it- his reflection, he now knew- do the same thing, and then he was staring at himself. Pale skin and bright red hair- I really am a fox, he thought- and mismatched eyes. One red and one gold, his eyes fascinated him. He knew that most creatures had matching eyes, and that gold and red were not eye colors that occurred naturally. Was that what set him apart, marked him as a failure? He shook his head. "No, I have never seen myself." He said, finally moving away from the mirror and taking the clothes Jess offered him. The pants were too short, but the shirt fit his slim but muscular build quite well. The shoes fit snugly, and he didn't really like the feeling of his feet being restricted, but he could live with it. "What about my...my eyes?" He asked.

Palmoun

Old 08-12-2014, 02:24 PM

Jess smiled and nodded as she watched him look at himself. "This is what everyone sees when they look at you." She said and watched as he studied himself. To most in their facility they would see a failure when it came to the eyes, but she was fascinated by them. They were something she would never be able to see anywhere else but here and on him. He was the only one in the world with eyes like that. When he put on the clothing she nodded her head absently, "Good, while we are out maybe we can run over to some stores and grab you some clothing that fits you better." She said as she looked him over but then stopped when she heard him. Looking up at his eyes, she wondered what they should do. Sighing, she rubbed her head slightly before looking around the room, "well we can cover it up or leave it be. Either way you will probably get looked at since most people look at people with a eyepatch and your gold eye will stand out. So in other words, pick your poison." She said as she looked into his eyes. In her opinion she would leave them be, sure he would get looked at but she hoped others would find his eyes just as fascinating as she did.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-13-2014, 03:22 AM

Todd started, looking at Jess as if she had just grown a pair of wings. "My poison? Why would I wish to poison myself?" He asked, thoroughly confused. Even while he tried to figure out her choice of words, he was thinking of what he wanted to do. An eye patch would stand out no matter which eye he covered. Wasn't there a name for people with two different colored eyes? Heterochromia iridis, an uncommon mutation characterized by the difference in coloration between one iris and the other... That he had learned from one of the scientists who had been there when he woke up. Though the condition was extremely uncommon, it did happen in humans. Just not with the colors red or gold. Perhaps people would overlook the odd colors and dismiss his eyes as heterochromia?

Palmoun

Old 08-13-2014, 04:02 AM

Jess chuckled when she heard him and figured that she shouldn't use expressions around him too much. "Your actually not poisoning yourself, it is just a saying." She said as she smiled up at him, "When I say something like 'pick your poison', it means I am asking you to pick which one you would rather happen and usually it is between equally unappealing things. So if I where to say 'you can either have a rotten apple or a rotten banana' then that would be a instance of wen you say say pick your poison." Jess said as she smiled up at him and hopped that that was a good explanation. "in my opinion though, I think leaving your eyes be will be fine. Maybe they will think it is just a natural thing" She said as she looked at him. "Now then, lets get going. I am hungry and I am sure that you are too." She said as she started to head out of there and hoped that he would follow.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-13-2014, 06:06 AM

Todd gave a small "oh" of understanding, then nodded. "I see. This is good information to know." He said, following her. "I do not know if I am hungry or not, as I have never eaten. Perhaps hunger is all I feel, or perhaps I do not feel it at all. I will not know until I have eaten." He mused as they walked. Was he hungry? If hunger was all he had ever known, then he wouldn't know he was hungry...would he? It was an interesting idea. Still, he was looking forward to trying food. He knew what it was, he had even smelled it before, but eating it would be a whole new experience.

Palmoun

Old 08-15-2014, 01:42 AM

Jess smiled when she heard him, "there are a lot more saying like that, more then I could list actually. So you may hear more as you walk around with me." She said as she continued to lead the way. Nodding as she listened to him, she rested a hand on the door out, "Well we will find out if your hungry in due time. But first…" She said and paused as she opened the doors to the outside world. "welcome to the outside." she said as she smiled back at him and walked outside backwards so that she could see his reaction. This would be his first time outside and she didn't want to miss his reaction or his first steps outside. "Feel free to touch and look at everything you want." she said since she knew his reaction would be ten times bigger then when he had seen the mirror and his reflection.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-15-2014, 05:40 AM

Todd became very quiet as they neared the door that would lead them outside. It was as if some deep part of him instinctively knew that he would be outside soon. As the door opened, he felt his eyes adjust to the amount of light that he was greeted with. As soon as he could see, he looked around and was struck speechless. Every sense was overloaded, sensations bombarding him from every direction, and it was beautiful. Somewhat overwhelming, but beautiful. The breeze in his hair, the smells that he could not yet identify, the sun on his skin. Sounds of people talking and animals moving and leaves rustling. The very air even tasted different! But the best part was everything there was to see. The very first thing he saw was a bird on the ground. As he watched, it took flight, and he followed it's path up into the sky until the sun stopped him from looking any longer. "Everything...so much of everything..." He muttered, taking his first step out of the building where he had been created. If he had been a robot, the amount of input would have short-circuited him. He spun around slowly to take it all in, and smiled as he got dizzy. "Outside. I'm outside...finally..."

Palmoun

Old 08-16-2014, 04:46 AM

Jess couldn't help but smile as she watched him come outside for the first time. He looked like he was a kid who had just been given his dream vacation and all the toys in the world, so in other words, cute. "well there is a lot of everything, the world is a big place and yet no so big all at the same time." She said as she watched him start to spin around. Yet his next few words hurt her. She hadn't realized how much he had wanted to be outside, to see what he knew about already. It was very sad that they had deprived him of this simple pleasure that many of them took for granted. "come on, you can see a lot more of the outside if we start walking and I promise you that you will be able to see a lot more if you stick with me." she said as she smiled at him and then started to walk down the sidewalk. As long as he was at her side she would make sure that he was able to enjoy himself but that was for however long the others allowed. If they found they didn't like her or Todd, this nice new friendship could be over faster then Jess would like.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-16-2014, 06:11 AM

His features returning to their usual stoic mask, Todd nodded and followed Jess. Truthfully, he couldn't wait to see what else the outside had to offer, but showing emotion wasn't something he was created to do. In fact, it was rather the opposite. He wasn't supposed to have emotions at all. A weapon has no emotions, the perfect hunter does not feel for it's prey, but rather learns to fake emotions so that the prey is lured into feeling comfortable. Todd had emotions, which was another part of his failure. "Those people there, they are very small. Why is this so?" He asked, referring to a group of children playing on the sidewalk.

Palmoun

Old 08-17-2014, 11:42 PM

Jess smiled as she walked but wished that she could see him react more. He was like a walking stone to her when he wasn't talking to her or reacting to something. But then again, that was how they had made him and she couldn't help but feel bad for that. He would never be able to be just a regular person and be able to enjoy himself, but a weapons wasn't suppose too do that anyways. Snapping out of her thoughts she stopped and turned to look at the kids and smiled a little, "they are children and most children have to grow up to be adults. They have to experience things and learn things so that they can be proper adults. Almost everyone starts out like that." she said softly and wished that she could say everyone, but she couldn't. He had never been a child, he was made to be a adult weapon.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 AM

Todd stared at the small humans for a few moments more. "Children. All humans begin their lives this small, as children, and then grow up in time. It makes sense, for humans to be born small, based on how they are born. I was never this small. I was not born, but created...not human." A hint of sadness entered his voice, but it was gone just as quickly. He wouldn't dwell on something so insignificant, when he had just a limited amount of time to experience the outside. Perhaps later, when he was put back in his cell, he would ponder the differences between himself and true humans. "May we continue?" He asked. He didn't want to watch those innocent beings any longer.

Palmoun

Old 08-21-2014, 03:45 AM

Jess frowned when she heard his last few words and looked down at the ground. She couldn't help but feel bad for robbing him of something that everyone should have but there was no way around that. Sighing, she looked back at him, "sadly even kids can't enjoy being small sometimes. Certain kids find themselves having to grow up faster and to become adults faster then others. But once your a adult, you can do anything you like." She said as she smiled at him. She then nodded, "come on, it is this way." She said and started to lead him away. She hoped that he would cheer up sooner or later, he deserved to enjoy his time outside. After a few minutes of walking them came to a small restaurant that looked rather homey and she smiled at Todd, "this is it, come on inside, they have the best apple pie here." she said as she opened the door and waited for him to come inside.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-22-2014, 02:34 AM

Todd continued to follow Jess, enjoying the experience of being outside. When they came to the restaurant, he noticed an increase of a certain smell. He guessed it was the smell of food. It was good, and he suddenly found himself hoping that the taste matched the smell. As Jess opened the door and told him to enter, he looked at her oddly. "Apple pie? I do not know this term." He said curiously. Was it a food? He thought it sounded vaguely food-like, and wondered if that were the smell he was getting. If it was, he couldn't wait to try it. Looking around, he saw people everywhere, both adult and children, and many objects that he didn't yet know the names of. This restaurant place would be a great learning experience!

Palmoun

Old 08-26-2014, 12:39 AM

Jess smiled as she watched him come inside and could tell that he could smell the apple pie. "It is a food you make by baking apples and it tastes wonderful, especially when it is hot and has ice cream on it." Jess said happily as she headed over to her favorite table in the corner. She motioned for Todd to sit down as she sat down across from the open eat. Pulling out a menu, she started to look at everything and smiled, "I will buy you anything that you want and I will tell you now, there is nothing bad on the menu." she said as she smiled up at him and hoped that he liked his first taste of food. He deserved it after everything they had put him through.