onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 11-20-2016, 05:51 PM

Who's going to pick it up next week?

Is anyone excited as I am about it?

Or are you still burned out by the FF XIII "debacle", and are ambivalent? (personally, I look at it this way -- it's deserving of more love, as largely linear as it is, and I think it's unique in that you can play though the first one and consider that the end of the story right there, if you wish... or you can play through XIII-2 and Lightning Returns and have another version of the story right there. That's just my opinion, though.)

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-18-2016, 10:07 PM

I don't dislike FF XIII so much but do agree it was poorly executed. The linear path the story takes you with little to no exploration whereas FF XV is more about exploration and doing quests. I have been doing a crap load of quests and just trying to power level and gain AP points which allows you to get more beneficials skills. Overall it seems like a fun game and the fishing game is ok. Still waiting to ride chocobos.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 12-19-2016, 01:04 AM

I like the fact that you can potentially get massive XP boosts if you know what you're doing, such as:

- staying at the Royal Suite in Altissia.
- imbuing your spells with XP bonuses(yes, that's a thing)
- eating food that increases your XP bonus

At one point recently, I managed to get around 400k XP at the end of a run, and pushed all my characters past level 85 or so. And I still have some hunts to do before the endgame.

Apocalyptic
Wasteland Wanderer

Old 12-23-2016, 01:57 PM

I never really played Final Fantasy before, but the game looked pretty good in the trailers. I kind of forgot about it for a while, but then after watching my boyfriend play for a little while I decided to pick it up too. I'm really enjoying it so far, though I'm only just starting chapter five. Most of my time has been spent exploring or hunting, so story has kind of taken a back seat so I can do arbitrary tasks instead. I do think this game is more reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts in terms of combat though which is nice, the turn based combat of previous games didn't really do it for me (probably why I never got into them the same way I have XV). Another touch I really enjoy is Prompto's photography! I love ending the day and taking a look at what snapshots that he's captured of our adventuring. I have a really cute one of Gladio on his chocobo.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 02:03 PM

I sent this to a friend for Christmas

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 04-23-2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
I sent this to a friend for Christmas
I did too!

The game was fun for a few weeks but I stopped playing for a few reasons. Mostly being I HATE the random solider drops. Theyre freaking annoying.