Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 06-23-2017, 06:43 PM

Hey guys. I know there have been WoW threads in the past. But I don't see any recent ones. So I'm going to bring it back

Backstory
Okay. I've had a long history with WoW. I started playing since I was in 6th grade. I think? I remember talking to other kids who played too. Back then I was Alliance and I had a human paladin. Then when Burning Crusade came out I switched to Horde and became a Blood elf mage. I don't remember the highest level character I've ever had but I'm sure it was 60+ maybe. I stopped playing because my dad didn't want to pay for my account anymore. And I guess I was focusing more on school stuff.

~Fast forward to now~
Since it's summer vacation for me, I've gotten really bored and don't have many games to play. I just know that I enjoyed playing WoW. It's been years since the last time I've had an account. So I wanted to see the new changes and things.

Recently, there is an option to have a Starter account where you can level your character to 20 without a time limit. I recently downloaded it, and being a former WoW player, it's fairly easy for me to level a character to 20.
I actually have 2 lvl 20s now in a matter of 2 days (i think). I experimented with Druid class, which I've never played with before. I love it.

What should I do?
So now I'm starting to get addicted to the game again and I don't know if I should upgrade. I don't really have money to pay for the upgrade or pay a monthly subscription. So I guess I was wondering if anyone here still plays WoW. And what you guys like about it or what you don't like about it. And all the changes that have happened. I'm interested to know. Maybe down the line I'll cave in and pay the monthly. Or unsub, resub when I want to play on those months when I get bored.

Last edited by Ignis; 06-24-2017 at 06:28 PM..

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 06-24-2017, 09:02 PM

Update:
So after a lot of thought I decided not to resub on WoW. Mainly because of the lack of players in the beginning areas and no real sense of community. I feel that the majority of players who are still on WoW are in the Legion areas and as a returning or new player you don't really have a chance.
It's sad to say but I guess those old times of WoW are long gone. I see a lot of ex players playing on private servers and are happy with the original content.
So I guess I'll just wait like everyone else in hopes that Blizzard will make separate servers for veteran players who prefer the game before the expansions. Highly doubtful. Oh well.

At least now I can make this thread about WoW up to Burning Crusade because that's the only stuff I remember lol

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 09:15 PM

I didn't. I doubt I can even remember my login!

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 06-24-2017, 09:24 PM

You didn't what, hummy? :o
If you're still subbed then you should have an account still. But why would you pay if you don't play. Unless you stop paying because you stop playing but didn't delete your account. I deleted and unsubbed lol

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 09:27 PM

I didn't 'resubscribe

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 06-24-2017, 09:28 PM

oh okay.
What was your main character?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 09:40 PM

I started out as a healer and then tried a hunter.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 06-25-2017, 12:36 AM

Were you alliance or horde?