zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2016, 10:52 PM

Does anyone here play the Pokemon Trading Card Game?

I used to play when I was younger but stopped playing and gave all my cards away! Recently a friend got me two of the new theme decks (Enchanted Echo and Wave Slasher) and I've really gotten back into it! There's a special Elite Trainer Box coming out soon and I'm super excited to get it!

Even if you don't have physical cards, you can also play online at pokemon.com which is a fun alternative if you don't have any friends around who share your nerdy interests. XD

So anyway, do you play or have you played in the past? What are your favorite deck combinations? Have you ever participated in a tournament? Discuss!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2016, 10:54 PM

I blame Car'a'Carn: for turning me back into a crazy TCG collector. >_>

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-22-2016, 12:58 AM

It's not my fault! ! How was I supposed to know there was a pokemon monster lurking within you??

It is really fun though! I am super looking forwards to the new generations elite trainers box! So far I have been pretty obsessive about keeping the nice foil cards I've gotten in protective sleeves when I'm not using them in a deck XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-22-2016, 01:02 AM

It's all your fault! The same thing happened with that crafting stuff too. You've turned me into an obsessive monster!!!

I used to have a bunch of protector sleeves back in the day but now I just keep the cards in a little plastic box to keep them safe. The special Elite Box will come with some though so I can use those once that comes out. I'm pretty excited about using the box for storage too! My little plastic box is almost full at this point. ^^;

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-22-2016, 10:46 AM

Heck yeah, I used to play the Pokemans!

I also used to sell them. My cousin and I made some pretty good money doin' that.

But I did play. Had me a couple of my own decks, too. I know one was called the Ketchup and Mustard deck, cause it was made of fire and electric Pokemon. I forget what I called the other one. :P

Anywho, I was more of a collector. Still have my binders.

Ugh, you're making me want to dig them out, zig!

It's the middle of the night and i'm not sleeping, so why not. *disappears*

... *returns*

Here's my first binder.

All the Pokemon are in order except for the first five pages. Meowth is my favorite, so he takes the lead.

The middle is my favorite.

My second favorite is Haunter.

And Pikachu is my third favorite.

Like 95% of my collection are Japanese cards, but I have some English.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-22-2016, 12:12 PM

Oh wow Howdy, that's quite an amazing collection! The Flying Pikachu and Birthday Pikachu are so adorable! And I totally remember having that pikachu in between them in my old collection before I sadly gave them away. I also love the ketchup and mustard deck name, so funny! XD I can't even remember what type of decks I had in the past. I remember at one point I bought a Brush Burn deck from BJs that was fire and grass but it got stolen at school shortly after I bought it. T_T

I think now probably the rarest card I have is that Ancient Mew one they gave out at the movie theaters when the first Pokemon movie came out:

Other than that I have a deck of French cards I won in a tournament in France when I went to a convention there. I'd only be able to use it with friends who trust me though since they have no idea what the attacks do. ^^;

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-26-2016, 01:51 AM

I remember what my second was. XD

It was a water/normal Pokemon deck that I called 'Kiddie Pool'.

Can't remember why.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-27-2016, 05:31 PM

That's a cute name too! I never named my decks to be honest...

I got a couple of new cards from ebay! I can't wait to incorporate them into my deck. ^_^

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-29-2016, 09:59 PM

What do they look like?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-29-2016, 10:50 PM

I'm still waiting on the energies to be delivered. I also have a few more coming soon including a Togekiss ex! Togekiss is my favorite pokemon so I'm super excited to include it in my deck. ^_^

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-30-2016, 06:36 AM

See, that's how long i've been away from Pokemon. I didn't even know there was a Togekiss.

I lost track after the second generation.

But those are cool. The artwork is always what I liked most about the cards.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-30-2016, 05:09 PM

Yeah, pokemon has really come a long way! I have a hard time keeping track of what type they all are these days but I can recognize most by name.

Me too, I love looking at the different artwork! It's interesting to see the different styles of the artists. I got Pokemon Art Academy for the 3DS and the idea is that you're one of the artists who makes art for the cards which is pretty fun.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-31-2016, 04:09 PM

Howdy, have you seen the new mewtwo? That'll be a shocker if you haven't yet.

I used to play and I used to collect, but my mother though pokemon was the devil's work (much like everything else that was fun like D&D, most videogames, etc). Now I only own a couple cards which are in Japanese. I don't really have friends to play with and I never really figured the game out to get any good. I did however learn that my entire childhood I played the game wrong

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-01-2016, 10:59 AM

I just got the last of the pokemon cards I ordered on ebay in the mail yesterday. Aaand, a package from a friend with some awesome new cards, sleeves, and a deck box! I put together an updated fairy deck and can't wait to play with it. ^_^

I haven't seen the new mewtwo card but I do have a mew, it's pretty adorable! Some of my cousins had the same problem as you Poet, that their parents wouldn't let them play because of their religion. I always thought that was a bit ridiculous but I'm not really one for extremes. When I started playing again a couple months ago it was a bit hard to get back into the rules because they don't actually give you a rulebook when you buy a starter deck anymore! It was the online TCG game that actually taught me how to play since I was a bit confused about evolution rules and whatnot. ^^;

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-01-2016, 04:28 PM

The biggest thing that threw me off was pokemon (EX) that you didn't have to evolve. Makes the game extremely weighted toward owning those if one comes out early.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-01-2016, 05:57 PM

Yeah, I've found that to be the case as well. I feel like the game used to be much easier before they complicated things with the EX cards and the M cards for mega evolutions and stuff.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 AM

Well mega evolution is one thing... instantly having a final evolution is just plain unfair. With mega evolution you at least have to evolve it up.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-02-2016, 01:15 PM

Yeah, it is kind of weird.

I tried to play a game with myself between two of my decks last night. It didn't work out so well. XD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-02-2016, 06:05 PM

That's always so hard, cause you know what you have

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-05-2016, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Oh wow Howdy, that's quite an amazing collection! The Flying Pikachu and Birthday Pikachu are so adorable! And I totally remember having that pikachu in between them in my old collection before I sadly gave them away. I also love the ketchup and mustard deck name, so funny! XD I can't even remember what type of decks I had in the past. I remember at one point I bought a Brush Burn deck from BJs that was fire and grass but it got stolen at school shortly after I bought it. T_T

I think now probably the rarest card I have is that Ancient Mew one they gave out at the movie theaters when the first Pokemon movie came out:

Other than that I have a deck of French cards I won in a tournament in France when I went to a convention there. I'd only be able to use it with friends who trust me though since they have no idea what the attacks do. ^^;
*pets the card* I miss you.
*crys*
Mine got stolen. I had 2 t.t

---------- Post added 06-04-2016 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I just got the last of the pokemon cards I ordered on ebay in the mail yesterday. Aaand, a package from a friend with some awesome new cards, sleeves, and a deck box! I put together an updated fairy deck and can't wait to play with it. ^_^

I haven't seen the new mewtwo card but I do have a mew, it's pretty adorable! Some of my cousins had the same problem as you Poet, that their parents wouldn't let them play because of their religion. I always thought that was a bit ridiculous but I'm not really one for extremes. When I started playing again a couple months ago it was a bit hard to get back into the rules because they don't actually give you a rulebook when you buy a starter deck anymore! It was the online TCG game that actually taught me how to play since I was a bit confused about evolution rules and whatnot. ^^;
okay... what cards are legal? can you still play the orginals? cause i've been planning to toss my old duplicates up on ebay. we're kind of desperate right now for cash and ebay is my only way to make any money right now cause i can't work cause my 2 year old is in this super high maintenence stage cause she has lost all confidence in herself for some reason and I think its because of her father being out of our lives right now while we house hunt *waves hands* doesn't matter not important.

But I do want to know what the pokemon TCG market is like right now cause i haven't looked yet.

---------- Post added 06-04-2016 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
Heck yeah, I used to play the Pokemans!

I also used to sell them. My cousin and I made some pretty good money doin' that.

But I did play. Had me a couple of my own decks, too. I know one was called the Ketchup and Mustard deck, cause it was made of fire and electric Pokemon. I forget what I called the other one. :P

Anywho, I was more of a collector. Still have my binders.

Ugh, you're making me want to dig them out, zig!

It's the middle of the night and i'm not sleeping, so why not. *disappears*

... *returns*

Here's my first binder.

All the Pokemon are in order except for the first five pages. Meowth is my favorite, so he takes the lead.

The middle is my favorite.

My second favorite is Haunter.

And Pikachu is my third favorite.

Like 95% of my collection are Japanese cards, but I have some English.

Oh my goodness! Look at this gorgeous collection!!!

you guys i can't share my collection. i've got like 8 binders. and I don't even have recent gen. I'm miserablly lacking on all but first gen. I want them all dern it!\xD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-05-2016, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
*pets the card* I miss you.
*crys*
Mine got stolen. I had 2 t.t

---------- Post added 06-04-2016 at 10:55 PM ----------

okay... what cards are legal? can you still play the orginals? cause i've been planning to toss my old duplicates up on ebay. we're kind of desperate right now for cash and ebay is my only way to make any money right now cause i can't work cause my 2 year old is in this super high maintenence stage cause she has lost all confidence in herself for some reason and I think its because of her father being out of our lives right now while we house hunt *waves hands* doesn't matter not important.

But I do want to know what the pokemon TCG market is like right now cause i haven't looked yet.

---------- Post added 06-04-2016 at 10:57 PM ----------

Oh my goodness! Look at this gorgeous collection!!!

you guys i can't share my collection. i've got like 8 binders. and I don't even have recent gen. I'm miserablly lacking on all but first gen. I want them all dern it!\xD
I had two as well but I gave one away. >.<

I'm really not sure what cards are legal but I would think they all are? Try checking out ebay though because the market for pokemon cards on there does seem pretty booming!

I got to try out my new deck tonight which was a lot of fun! I got to play with my Togekiss!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-02-2016, 10:15 PM

They just came out with a new expansion called Steam Siege. I'm pretty excited about it though I don't really have the funds to buy new cards right now. ^^;

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2016, 12:22 AM

i heard!!!! i wish i could afford new cards. I'm so behind on collecting!!! i think my last cards was when BLACK AND WHITE first came out.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2016, 12:47 AM

They have these cool like half and half cards that are 2 different types! They look so cool!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 AM

Did they not have those before? i thought they did :o.o