Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:41 PM

Right? I need to find mine. I think it got lost in the last move. Thank goodness for car chargers

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Haha, you are so right about that. :D
I didn't get any hunting done today, the weather was super crappy. Maybe tomorrow, but I also have some other projects I need to do, like commissions (check out my art shop, peeps, it's in my sig <3), repainting a Barbie Castle to fit Monster High, clean my My Little Ponies and fakies, well, the newest arrivals anyway. xD

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-11-2016, 05:04 PM

The game seems interesting but I probably won't play it. I'll just stick with my 3ds.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-11-2016, 05:09 PM

I finally caught something at work, it was a pidgey. Nothing exciting. I found a pokestop near work I sit at on my breaks. So far the game is okay, but not registering steps while my screen is off is annoying because my phone has a weak battery.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-11-2016, 09:25 PM

Guys, just a heads up on Pokémon GO;
https://vulcanpost.com/581553/reason...pk-pokemon-go/
I know I will wait until is it out in Sweden, don't wanna risk any of these things. :/

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-12-2016, 12:58 AM

I have noticed that the higher level you get the better the Pokemon that appear around you seem to be. But in the beginning its worth it to catch everything you can. Since you get XP and stardust. You also get XP when you evolve Pokemon which is nice when you are just a few xp away from leveling up.

I snagged a Krabby today while swinging by a friends work. Then went to Costco and was bummed that the entire area was empty. I need to hit the PokeStops hard right now, I only have like 10 Pokeballs right now. ^^;

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 07-12-2016, 01:36 AM

Pfffffft. My phone can't even RUN it, even though Google Play says it's compatible. LMAOwut

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-12-2016, 06:15 AM

Haha, server can't handle it... that's a sad excuse. They vastly misjudged the popularity of a game everyone else in the world knew would be a massive hit.

Shadow - Considering costco is always packed, not surprising. Would be too easy for them to be caught right away.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 07-12-2016, 08:13 AM

This app man...
Ive walked 30km in the past few days because of it. Im level 15, almost 16.
THIS IS TOO REAL.

Emotional
Powerful

Old 07-12-2016, 12:50 PM

I'm crying, it still hasn't been released where I am. It looks so fun T_T
All the extra exercise xD Man. Bet you guys have monster legs now

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Wonderlands - I know a lot of people like you that have been walking a ton. Its pretty funny.

I'm a high level 7 at the moment, but most of my pokemon have been caught while I was riding in the car. I would love to just wander around tracking them, but I have a fearless toddler who demands nearly all my attention especially when out and about. I so do not want to be the mom that gets her baby hit by a car because she was trying to catch a Nidoran. Plus obviously I would never want my child to get hurt.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-12-2016, 03:10 PM

Wow lv 15? I'm sitting here at lv 3

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 07-12-2016, 03:27 PM

I can't wait for this to be available in Finland.
I seriously can't wait.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-12-2016, 07:26 PM

I just hit level 8. Went to the mall and did a couple quick laps of the outside portion since thats where all the stops and 1 gym are. Also caught my first Meowth in Nordstroms.

Businesses are actually putting lures on stops to bring people in. Its pretty hilarious.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-12-2016, 07:32 PM

I don't have a smartphone, so I've been trying to play on my tablet. It's tough to do anything when you live in a rural-ish area and rely on wifi.

But I love that people are walking more and exploring their areas because of this app! It makes me so happy, even if I can't participate too.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Aww, that does make it tough Knerd.

Just got back from another adventure and so need to brag/share! After lunch I asked kiddo if they wanted to play at the park. Yes, of course, so off we go to the park near our house that also happens to have 1 stop and a gym. We get there and there is a summer camp there so tons of big kids, and not ideal for my just turned 2 year old. So I grabbed the stop and drove over to another park that is usually much quieter.

Its only about 5 minutes away, but in that time kiddo falls asleep. Great. Well, I'm already at the entrance and theres a stop at the play equipment, so I go in anyway and catch 2 Dratini in the parking lot! So I get those, a couple stops on the way, swing by the grocery store, and then kiddo wakes up. Of course, she wants to play at the park still, so I dropped off the food at home and went back to the first park. It was not nearly as crowded this time, so she got to play and I got to train at the gym once. Then a Tauros appeared!! I grabbed kiddo and tracked the beastie down, catching him on my second attempt and after 2 razzberries (they make tough pokemon easier to catch). I was totally that crazy person jumping up and down. LOL!

I also managed to catch enough Eevee's to evolve one, and got a Flareon! Such a good Pokemon hunting day for me <3

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-12-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siipu View Post

I can't wait for this to be available in Finland.
I seriously can't wait.
I know exactly how you feel, neighbor. <3

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-12-2016, 11:25 PM

I'm at level 8, and I've done so much extra walking/cycling because of this app. I literally go out of my way just to hatch eggs.

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 07-13-2016, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
I know exactly how you feel, neighbor. <3

Let's just hope it comes soon.
SOON!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-13-2016, 06:23 AM

I'm still trying to hatch my first egg... I walk a ton at work but you have to have the app running and my phone will be dead super quick.

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 07-13-2016, 06:29 AM

I'm wondering how my phone will handle
it when I get the chance to actually use the app.

What kind of a phone do you have Poet?

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-13-2016, 02:35 PM

Yeah, that is the one thing I really dislike. I wish the app could just run in the background and alert you when needed.

Hopefully when it comes out for you Siipu all the server issues will be solved!

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 07-13-2016, 02:39 PM

Well, i've been reading the announcement on pokemon go
and it seems that they won't be release it wider in EU other
than Germany until the issues have been solved.
(If i understood correctly that is)
Like, the servers could handle the amount of users online.
It should be available for me at the end of the month the latest.
There's hoping for it to be released sooner.

Tho I'm not sure how my phone will handle the app.
It does last quite a while in minimum usage, but I bet
I'll be using the pokemon go app quite a lot, so It might
drain it quite fast.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-13-2016, 03:11 PM

I have an S4. It runs it pretty well, minus it crashing pretty much constantly at about 7pm when people are getting off work

Siipu - So essentially when you get it, the game server shouldn't crash anymore. This is probably because if their servers can't handle their current load, adding another load of people the server would be down constantly.

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 07-13-2016, 03:34 PM

I have a Note 4.
So i should be safe, i guess.

Yeah. Tho I'm pretty sure it'll crash anyway, unless
they predict the amount of people downloading and playing it in the EU.
But let's hope they will fix the problems.

Yeah, I read about it crashing constantly at some points.
But it's not a surprise really, i don't think they knew
how popular it will actually be.

How has your pokemon catching been so far?