Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2020, 05:38 PM

So my household got an Xbox for Christmas, and the first games I bought were Minecraft and Just Dance, sadly we couldn't play the latter because I forgot to buy the kinect sensor. Upon starting up the system I downloaded several other games and apps, and this is where I found out...

Minecraft is kind of my life.

I love this game so much, folks. It is so thoroughly enjoyable that I can spend 16 hours on it in one go. I can't play with monsters because that kicks my anxiety into overdrive, but exploring is so ridiculously fun.

Now, however, I have a problem. I got lost, everyone. I got lost on my sproglet's world. Currently she's at my grandmother's for quarantine (she watches her while I go to work) so I have time to find my way back, but no one told me the new worlds are darn near infinite. The last time I played Minecraft a good 7 years ago the average game system couldn't handle that much data so every world had set boundaries that could fit on a single map.

That being said, this is so much fun, so sticking to the few areas we've colonized is very... boring. I've found several abandoned towns, a sunken ship, TERRACOTTA! I want to keep finding new things to bring back to our established village... if I can ever find it again. One of my favorite things was resurrecting a dying village, which I fully intend to do to these abandoned villages I've found. Our house was triangulated between three villages in different biomes. Two were fairly close to one another and the one only had two villagers. Next thing I know the village only had one, so I built out the second village until eventually it connected to the one, and at first with each building the population gradually grew. When I connected the two cities it just exploded, and now it's a small metropolis.

I am so excited to connect the third city... if I ever make it back.