halo 4 13.79%
sims 5 17.24%
call of duty 4 13.79%
other 16 55.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

firedragongt
*^_^*

Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 AM

wait...are you blaiming Square? Your blaiming the company which put out BETTER games??

Jonath Nell
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 AM

No actually I am blaming both...
I think that both Square and Enix were great companies by themselves, but when they merged their games began to suck. The only good game series that I have found out of the merger was KH.

I have been very diappointed in the quality of their games overall though since they merged, they were making much better games when they were seperate. (Even if the graphics were not as good)

Yoshaki
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Yoshaki Send a message via MSN to Yoshaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshaki

Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 AM

Admittedly Drakengard and Star Ocean did not turn out well. And the sequal to Brave Fencer Musashi SUCKED OUT LOUD. But I think they do have some future in what they make. For example I LOVED Final Fantasy XII. And I had entered that game expecting to dislike it. What with the new battle system and all. But I found it quite refreshing and quite fun. Have you played it yet? They also pulled off Dragon Quest VIII pretty good too.

Oh yeah my favorite. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

firedragongt
*^_^*

Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonath Nell
No actually I am blaming both...
I think that both Square and Enix were great companies by themselves, but when they merged their games began to suck. The only good game series that I have found out of the merger was KH.

I have been very diappointed in the quality of their games overall though since they merged, they were making much better games when they were seperate. (Even if the graphics were not as good)
Ok, I'll agree with you there. the merger really wasn't the best for either company (other then the KH games), but the Final Fantasy series probably got off better than Star Ocean did. I never got to play Star Ocean though, sadly. I bought it (twice..once new..) but it always failed at the first battle load. like, I could run around for a while and talk to people, but when I entered the simulator, it froze up on me. I kind of disliked the game after that..

Jonath Nell
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 PM

You are right about that, I would have to say that the FF games after the merger were ok, though not as good as the games before the merger, and Star Ocean got the short end of the stick (You shoudl be glad that you could not play it, it was an imbarassment compared to Star Ocean: The Second Story, and that game was using sprites....

but yeah, if they had not merged we would most likely have much higher quality games right now... I wonder what they did that caused the games to go so badly...

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Favorite Game of all time....Has to go to Final Fantasy VI.
Hands down the best Final Fantasy ever made, sorry to all the 7 fanboys and fangirls, it had no replay value. I played it, I beat it(seemed short) and I stashed it away with the rest of my games.

On my original cartridge of FFVI for the SNES I have maxed the game clock out on numerous saves. For the PS I maxed the game clock twice or so. And for the GBA I'm still playing it more and more. I lost count how many times I've beaten the game, its well over a dozen times. I'm gotten everything that there is to be earned in the original version. Now I'm working on the GBA version to see how they updated it and whats been added. Looking forward to the new dungeon that was added for end-game content.

In close second would be Guild Wars. I've never found a game that was playable like this one. I've logged well over 2600 hours in the game over a 2 year period and still havent everything I'm after. A great guild with fun people to game with always enhances the gameplay and on going evolving game play makes it ever changing. With a new expansion on the way this year and Guild Wars 2 Beta due in 08 I foresee a lot to come from ArenaNet for this game^^

firedragongt
*^_^*

Old 04-25-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonath Nell
You are right about that, I would have to say that the FF games after the merger were ok, though not as good as the games before the merger, and Star Ocean got the short end of the stick (You shoudl be glad that you could not play it, it was an imbarassment compared to Star Ocean: The Second Story, and that game was using sprites....

but yeah, if they had not merged we would most likely have much higher quality games right now... I wonder what they did that caused the games to go so badly...
lack of competition maybe? the two companies were both putting out similar games. they were the competition for the other, and when they merged, they kind of lost that.

Jonath Nell
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. I bet that is what caused it, but eather way, the games suck now, except for a select few, and I am sure that even those would be better if the companies were seperate.

Good old fashion RPG's have gone the way of the side scrolling game, you just don't see it anymore...

superkatti
le déesse de l'animaux de la for...

Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM

I love Animal Crossing! xD And Harvest Moon.
I'm not a huge fan of the fighting games, 'cause I usually lose. Exccept at Super Smash Bro's Melee. I can beat my brother bad at that one! xP
I like more.. sim type games. Yeah.

Aosagi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazaki
Hands down the best Final Fantasy ever made, sorry to all the 7 fanboys and fangirls, it had no replay value. I played it, I beat it(seemed short) and I stashed it away with the rest of my games.

On my original cartridge of FFVI for the SNES I have maxed the game clock out on numerous saves. For the PS I maxed the game clock twice or so. And for the GBA I'm still playing it more and more. I lost count how many times I've beaten the game, its well over a dozen times. I'm gotten everything that there is to be earned in the original version. Now I'm working on the GBA version to see how they updated it and whats been added. Looking forward to the new dungeon that was added for end-game content.

Even though my favoritew game of all time is Chrono Trigger FF6 is definately in my top 5 (FF7 doesn't even make top 10 for me) me and my one rommate get confused looks from my other roomates whenever we talk about how superior it is. But yes Chrono Trigger is my hands down favorite, I got the cartrige and I'm never ever giving it up, I hope they come out with a portable version with new content to go through like 6. ::crosses fingers::

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aosagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazaki

Even though my favoritew game of all time is Chrono Trigger FF6 is definately in my top 5 (FF7 doesn't even make top 10 for me) me and my one rommate get confused looks from my other roomates whenever we talk about how superior it is. But yes Chrono Trigger is my hands down favorite, I got the cartrige and I'm never ever giving it up, I hope they come out with a portable version with new content to go through like 6. ::crosses fingers::
Ah, FFVI and Chrono Trigger. Simpler times, when games were about the story and the game play, not making them "bigger and better". The last two contemporary RPG games I've played (FFXII and Zelda: Twilight Princess; yeah, the Zelda series is considered more Action/Adventure, but the last couple titles are closer to RPGs) have left me dry. Not enough plot and too much filler. There's one thing when the sidequests add to and enhance the story and another when all they do is make the game longer and give you items. I loved the Hunts in FFXII, but there were so many that by the time I got finished with them, I'd forgotten what was going on with the plot ... something about treaty blades and 30 minute cutscenes that showcased the graphics.

To be fair to Twilight Princess though, I'm only about 18 hours into the game and I'm told it gets better once you get past the third dungeon, but man ... there's so much pointless running back and forth and Link is so SLOW. Not to mention the guide I bought just so I could go "Okay, so I have to go to _____ town next" and then figure out what to do from there is worthless. They don't even have a Heart Piece glossary! It's all hidden in the text! Stupid, fat hobbits...

bslayer
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to bslayer Send a message via MSN to bslayer

Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Since nobody's said it yet (surprising), my favorite is Halo 2. And yes I know its really overplayed and all, but I just think it is the most fun game. Especially just playing custom MLG gametypes with friends, and not going into matchmaking and having to deal with foul mouthed little kids or cheaters.

shagbo
n/a

Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 PM

Zelda. Freaking LOVE Zelda. I thought it was okay until Ocarina of Time came out, and the 3D totally did it justice. Ganondorf is like my baby daddy. :wink:

DoubleTrouble
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-13-2007, 03:04 PM

I've always liked Crash Bandicoot. I have it on PSone, PS2, and XBox. But, I never got to finish any of its games.
Also, I like DoA. I haven't tried DoA4, though. They say the graphics (in Xbox360) is awesome!
Super Mario is a favorite of mine in GBA.

Szinriia
Procrastinator

Old 05-13-2007, 04:28 PM

Difficult... I find it hard to compare between different genres... I'll choose one from each of my favourite genres.

Partygames: Warioware inc. for the gamecube.

Fighting: Soul Calibur 2.

RPGs: Final Fantasy VII - some people think it's a cliche but the next closest contender in the FF series for me (FFVI) had bits where I got a little bored and stopped playing for a while. FFVII kept my attention right to the end and beyond. I've played it 3 times. Second to FFVII is Shadow Hearts 2.

Aurasphere
n/a

Old 05-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Unfortunately I don't have a favorite game, so hard to choose one...

TMNT: Turtles in Time, Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokemon Crystal/Emerald/Pearl, Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart DS, Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2, Fire Emblem, Soul Calibur 2, Evolution Worlds, Star Wars: Rouge Squaldron(sp), Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, Sonic Adventure 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Naruto: Clash of the Ninja 2, Agent Under Fire(James Bond), Nightfire(James Bond Again), From Russia With Love, Animal Crossing(gamecube), Mario Party 2,5, and several others I can't remember atm

Narim
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-26-2007, 11:38 AM

Either The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, or Final Fantasy IX. It's a tough choice, but I think I'm leaning towards FF9.

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 05-31-2007, 02:53 PM

My favorite game: Super mario all stars, mario kart racing DD, paper mario 2 and FF9.. yeah 9 oh zidane you cooky kid

habib1337
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to habib1337 Send a message via Yahoo to habib1337

Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM

I'd say my favorite videogame at the moment is Pokemon Pearl version. I can't really have a permament favorite, because there will almost always be something better than that. I like Pearl because they added all of these really cool things in the single player game, like the poketch apps, those are great fun. I also like the Sinnoh underground. I mean, I haven't used it with my friends yet, but it looks to be really promising. For those of you DS owners who don't have it, GET IT. Well, that's if you like Pokemon, anyway :o

A Dollified Cure
n/a

Old 06-07-2007, 05:10 PM

I like PC Games. PC's the best platform to play, in my opinion. All of my favorite games are all avaliable in PC form. xD

Starcraft (it's about time they made a Starcraft III), Warcraft, Unreal Tournament, Quakes 1, 2, 3, Sims, Final Fantasy 8, a lot of other war/shooting game arenas...xD And my favorite, Oni!

I played Oni when I was little, and remember loving it. I wish I still had it. I mean, the graphics look sucky now, but when I was little...man, it was awesome. 8D You know Oni - that little game based on Ghost in the Shell. xD It's my favorite game. That, or Unreal Tournament. I just loved playing Capture Le Flag. ;3

I'm not a huge fan of like..Mario, Pokemon, or any of that. Iunno, surprisingly. I have played Kirby and liked it. Kirby's adorable. > 3 <

And...never really got into the whole anime turned into a video game thing, either.

X-thrax
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 PM

My most favorite game ever is StarCraft. :D
I still play it a lot.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 06-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Man this is a tough choice!

But I can narrow it down to three I think...sorta. You'll see.

#3 Favorite: Final Fantasy X

#2 Favorite: Soul Calibur's 2 & 3

#1 Favorite: Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari (THEY ARE THE BEST!)

Masquerade
*^_^*

Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 AM

My top three:

1. Final Fantasy VIII. Until another game incorporates Triple Triad, this will remain my all time favorite game ever. I also love that everyone has the ability to do any job class; everyone can summon, fight, do magic, heal, etc. Plus I have a gigantic embarrassing girlcrush on Quistis. Hot blonde in glasses with a whip. Yes please.

2. Tales of Symphonia. I'm not generally a fan of a live-action battle system, but I think it works for the Tales series. Storyline's a bit generic and I wish Colette would die in a fire, but otherwise it almost beat out FF8 as my favorite.

3. FFX-2. Yes, it's pretty princess dress up time. Yes, it's cheesy and horrible. Yes, they turn Yuna into the world's most ridiculous J-poppy Mary Sue. I still love it to little bits and pieces. Plus, it's got one of Final Fantasy's best warrior chicks - one that can actually do some damage. ♥ Paine! ♥

yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 AM

im also a big fan of the FF series... the game's battle system just keeps getting better and better every release.. but the plot seems to get you less and less involved or something... the best release imo is FF7, cuz of the CLASSIC battle system. I would play it all over again if I only had the time...

Just for fun, I'll state my opinions about each release:

FF7 - classic. and plenty of side quests too. But i SO loved cloud's buster sword ehehe.. the materia system was great too, kept me up for hours just to master those things XD story line was ok, kinda felt scary ehehe

FF8 - a good twist i'd say. the guardian system was cool XD what I loved about this was that my [R1] button was put to good use (was that the button used for making crit shots with the gunblade? i think it is..)

FF9 - sort of a classic~ish release. feels old if you ask me... and the deformed characters... well.. imo they're just horrible. i dunno why they even tried doing this. XD

FF10 - probably the best in graphics that I've seen in the previous releases. that's all there is. except that yuna and lulu are hot. XD

FF10-2 - battle system, dress system .... they weren't really that great. at first they are, but in the long run, they get annoying...

that's all I've played for now... I dont have time to play any more games XD but i have time for mene ahaha

yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade
My top three:

1. Final Fantasy VIII. Until another game incorporates Triple Triad, this will remain my all time favorite game ever. I also love that everyone has the ability to do any job class; everyone can summon, fight, do magic, heal, etc. Plus I have a gigantic embarrassing girlcrush on Quistis. Hot blonde in glasses with a whip. Yes please.

2. Tales of Symphonia. I'm not generally a fan of a live-action battle system, but I think it works for the Tales series. Storyline's a bit generic and I wish Colette would die in a fire, but otherwise it almost beat out FF8 as my favorite.

3. FFX-2. Yes, it's pretty princess dress up time. Yes, it's cheesy and horrible. Yes, they turn Yuna into the world's most ridiculous J-poppy Mary Sue. I still love it to little bits and pieces. Plus, it's got one of Final Fantasy's best warrior chicks - one that can actually do some damage. ♥ Paine! ♥
ooh and I also love the tales series!

have you ever played tales of destiny 2? was that the one where a blonde was the main character? his name was stahn i think...