Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-11-2012, 03:15 AM

keres-- you did a very good job on it

Woody-- It would have to be a very solid headpiece for it to hold up real antler sheds, but real ones would look the most awsome ^_^
I don't think I woiuld be good at making fake antlers, it would probably end up looking like it came from a mutated deer.....

I wish we had Ren Faires around here :( I would love to go to them.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
:3 I was thinking of making a faery type wig/headpiece for Ren Faires and whatever with antler sheds...or fake ones I could make so they'd be more lightweight....
I used a flexible wire and some 'furry' cloth sewn with the fur portion on the inside to create volume and stuff with stuffing if needed, then you can pose the antlers to your liking. also I made a wire frame that connected the two antlers together and in place. that was on the under side of the wig and I used the same material to sew around the wire frame there so it would not poke my head.

I also made sure to poke holes into my wig so that the antlers could be positioned and pushed through so they could be reinforced by being sewn into the wig. :3

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 03:31 AM

Oh man, what's that you say? The entries in the front are update? Crazy. I know.
Sorry I didn't do it earlier....Tough week for Woody.

Yes! It would. And I bet it would hurt after a while..but I was thinking small small sheds anyways. But, I might mold them out of chicken wire and then put some sort of paper clay on them so it stays lightweight...That way I can have it done the way I like, treat it and lacquer them to look real..

And no Ren Faires?! Ouch! Those things are my lifeblood come springtime-fall. We have two or three in my state I go to, and 2 larger ones in the states next to me that I go frequent.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 11-11-2012, 03:31 AM

O wouldn't mind getting chicken wire to mold and work with and what not. find a nice way to make the antlers to look real :)

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 03:32 AM

Also..ooooh. fancy. I'd have to work that out slowly and take my time doing it, since I've only ever made roving hair falls for myself....and nothing like a big hairpiece.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 AM

I highly suggest taking your time. I rushed myself with that so that it would be ready for halloween and I procrastinated as well. when adding hair make sure not to scrunch the wig too much, because you don't want it to get too small for your head, or you may have to compensate and hair wefting clips into the wig-line to keep it in place on your head.

also with chicken wire, you can make a nice 'skull 'for the antlers t set on your head.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 AM

Ooooooh, that's smart. I'll look for a nice, fine chicken wire then.....and I can make the whole base for the headpiece really. I likes it!!!

I'd have to be careful with that anyways, since i have a big head >.<

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 AM

Woody-- that actually sound like a good way to make antlers that would be lighter and still look real. The only thing that was popping into my mind was the plushy kind.

We had a Ren Faire once around here but was told they couldn't open back up because they didn't have insurance. And instead of getting insurance, they just never came back *grumble*
And I know there is one a couple hours away in my state, but the stories I hear about it are not good. Basically just sl^ts, drugs and drinking *sigh* I need to find a good one to go to.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 04:02 AM

Well, I want it to look really earthy woodsy...As my user name implies I'm kinda into that sorta thing. haha
Plush ones would be cute, but not for the outfit I'm making

Yikes! Doesn't sound like the same kinda faires that we have in our area :/

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Ooooooh, that's smart. I'll look for a nice, fine chicken wire then.....and I can make the whole base for the headpiece really. I likes it!!!

I'd have to be careful with that anyways, since i have a big head >.<
XD I'm glad I could be helpful, just remember to sew some soft plushy fabric on the side of the chicken wire that will touch you head, just so it done poke into your head.

also an Idea I had for same future plan was to make it so that the antlers could be taken on and off of the skull base, and could be twisted and locked into place when on. that way the wig could be cared for easier, and so the antlers could be put on after the wig is placed on to reduce weight in the beginning :)

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 AM

This state is full of welfare drug addicts. . . . . I really need to come up with enough money to move far away from here.

What state are you in, I need to find a good place to visit.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 AM

Keres , you've got some fun ideas!! I will do that, thanks for the tip! I was going to put felt or something...... but I like the idea of a material with a little more plush to it. I love crafting and all that, but I wish my brother lived closer to where I am, cause his stuff looks soooo realistic, and mine looks a bit more fantasy like.

Yikes Cloud. Where do you live? I'm in Connecticut.... I guess every state has its unsavory areas....mine does. I just avoid those places. Where I am is the nice, hilly/foresty/ corner of the state

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalker View Post
This state is full of welfare drug addicts. . . . . I really need to come up with enough money to move far away from here.

What state are you in, I need to find a good place to visit.
sadly I think that you will run into that every where you go, but I live in Maine

Your very welcome Woodland :) This year my antlers were deffinatly more 'fake' than I wanted them to look look, but they work :)

and I'm glad you like my ideas, XD I hope they work well for you. i'm always trying to come up with new crafty things :)

like this head band that I glued dried roses too to make a little crown type thing :)

SPOILERX

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 AM

Keres is a new englander too :D Linnea is from Maine as well.

I sell at craft things occasionally, and I do an etsy (which...has nothing on it atm...I've been busy).I have a few things in a local artist shop too, to sell. But, for the most part those are easier crafty things. I like doing projects that challenge me..but then again I always run into NOT finishing what I start. *sigh*

I still liked those a lot! I've been working on putting together a more...autumnal fae-ish outfit....I just got as far as sewing up bloomers and two petal skirts, but I have material to try making my own corset/bodice for it. I just need good medical grade steel boning.

Also, that's awesome! Looks like it could be paired well with some day of the dead garb.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-11-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
I love Tyrion Lannister myself. He might not be good-looking but I love his personality. xD
i like his personality the best but i don't think i actually have a favorite yet... ive seen the first two seasons but i need more from john snow but in the books he's like 17 lol

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 11:36 PM ----------

ps! liztress is a mega tonberry!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 AM

speak of the devil :D

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 AM

lol Yep yep :)

awe that's cool that you are able to branch out with your arts and crafts :) I hope to do the same with mine as well.

:D

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

O.o has the live updater been a bit funky for anyone in here? it has been giving me a bunch of trouble with updating

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 AM

Mines fine I think. I've been watching a movie on another open window, so I dunno. My attention is divided.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal

Old 11-11-2012, 04:51 AM

whelp, I'm of for a date with my pillow and blankets XD they are calling to me

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 AM

wait, was woody talking about meh?? O_o

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 AM

I live in Pennsylvania. I want to move to a nice wooded area at least a mile from the nearest neighbor.

I don't think the live updater has been working for me all event. And even my subscription notifications have sometimes been not showing.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 AM

Yesh since Keres is a fellow Mainer, I was talking bout choo!

Oh? Well.... a lot of PA is wooded and stuff. I guess I've only been to those areas really...and Amish country...and I went to three mile island once since I found out it was near where I was driving through. :P My neighbors are close-ish, but I can't really see their houses on the side of ours, thanks to the trees....but they're nice anyways, so it doesn't matter...but behind my house we have a view of just hills and trees.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 AM

oh another mainer, eh? how cool!

i need a nap now

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 AM

Go forth and sleep <3

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 AM

A lot of PA is woods yes, but you would be surprised with hjow much of those woods is inhabited. There is not really much land space to be bought unless to get farm land, but I don't want all flat fields. Though I do want some flats open area because I want some fruit trees and a large greenhouse or two. I would love to have a nice open view of the land around me. And being able to do whatever I want to my property without neighbors having a fit. Our one neighbor actually called the cops because he did not like the color we were painting our porch *sigh* I really hate people sometimes.