Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-29-2012, 02:05 PM

"Would it help you if I told you that I didn't actually enter your mind? There's different levels and communicating with someone only requires the outermost level to be touched," she replied after a moment of hesitation. "All that gave me was your mental signature, which I already have." Still, she made the resolution to avoid contacting her, or others, with telepathy. It appeared that that was a huge buffer to making acquaintances.

"Do you draw a lot then?" she asked, surprising herself with the sudden slip. Why had she said that? It was just stupid of her! "I-I slipped into your room last night to turn off the music so I could sleep. Was there any particular reason you were sleeping on the floor instead of the bed?" Hopefully that would dismiss any suspicion that she had been the one who had left the blanket. She did not want to be thought of as particularly caring; those were the people that got hurt in the end.

"Beats me," she said, shrugging. "My letter hadn't said anything about a uniform. What's is supposed to be?" Nodding, however, she followed along rather complacently. It sounded like a good idea, and she was up for whatever really. It was just that being alone had gotten tiresome lately, despite the silence that it brought. Humming softly as they approached her dorm, partly to block out the background noise of the minds in the school, she pulled out her key and unlocked her door, gesturing for Avril to enter ahead of her.

Sporcle
Ho ho ho

Old 12-29-2012, 03:25 PM

Marco, still laying face down on his bed, decided to take this incredibly boring moment to contemplate his life, and why he thought that going to this place would be a good idea in the first place. Getting annoyed with the feeling of suffocation, he rolled to his back, now staring at the bare ceiling.

"When do classes start, anyways?" He thought out loud, now quite concerned. He hadn't remembered seeing any schedules or class times with the acceptance letter, but he tended to overlook things more often than not. Not wanting to create a mess he'd eventually have to clean up later, he decided to skip the digging and go ask someone instead.

Marco walked through the halls aimlessly, not having the slightest clue as to who might know. He was pretty sure he was now walking through the girls dormitory, and that thought was confirmed when he saw the two girls about to enter a room of theirs.

"Wait....." He called out to them, being sure to keep a safe distance, "Got any clue when classes start around this place?" The male asked more rudely than intended, but he didn't want to bother with apologies. He took a quick second to observe the two, noticing the shorter one first. How young do people start around here, anyways? He asked himself, not seeing anything about that on the letter either.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 12-29-2012, 04:44 PM

Ferdi was taken rather aback by her sudden outburst of anger. He didn't say anything about not believing her, he had just never encountered anything like this. "Ugh.... Girls..." he opened his curtains again and noticed that Avril had left her notebook on his bed. He picked it up and looked at the drawings within. He flipped to what appeared to be the most recent one, he examined it closely but couldn't make anything from it. The only thing that he saw was that it was definitely the school. His examination was interrupted by a loud rumbling from his stomach. He realised that he hadn't eaten since he arrived, he decided to keep the book with him so if he saw Avril he could return it to her. He left his room and locked the door. He briskly walked down the hall and down the flights of stairs his shoes tapping on the marble on the way down.

He entered the plaza which had a variety of coffee bars, tea houses and cafe's. He chose a simple coffee shop and ordered a ham and cheese toasty with a simple black coffee. He didn't understand the need for the vast array of coffees that could be offered from just one place. Latte's, Americano's, Cappuccino's they were all alien to him. He got his food and sat by a window over looking the square. The fountain was in the middle of the square and was the centre place of the area but wasn't running which was strange. Ferdi thought nothing of it and continued to eat his breakfast.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn
Send a message via Yahoo to beautiful_psycho

Old 12-29-2012, 05:47 PM

Avril nodded along as Beth explained telepathic comunication. She never really thought of it that way before. Avril figured at a long as her mind wasn't intruded on, she didn't mind. Her mind was a sacred place. A place full of secrets. Lots of dark secrets. She couldn't risk them being exposed.

Avril was surprised when Beth mentioned drawing. She stoped dead in her tracks and bit her lip, trying to think of an excuse. "I...umm" Avril wasn't sure if she could trust Beth yet. She was a nice girl, stubborn at times, but she hand't known her long enough to know if she could trust her with something like this. "I suppose I draw every once in a while." It wasn't a compleat lie. She sometimes liked to draw for recreational purposes. However, her drawings never turned out as nice as her visions did. "I...err.. I just got tired." Avril said. She knew it was a stupid excuse, but her head still hurt from the after effects of her vision and she didn't know if she could think up a clever lie at the moment.

"I do remember Ferdi saying something about a uniform." Avril said, recaling when he'd all but thrown her out of his room. She resumed walking. "I found mine inside my dresser, it actually fit perfectly." Avril said, looking down at herself. She just noticed how odd it was that they'd guessed her size perfectly. And that they knew where to send her letter. And all the other information they somehow knew about her. "This school is strange.." She whisperd to Beth. She wasn't sure if she'd herd her though.

Female Voice Over Loud Speaker: Good morning students. Just a reminder for all freshly enrolled, uniforms are to be worn on Mondays and Wednesdays, any one without a uniform will be sentenced to detention and miss rec-time after school. Your class scheduals will be found in the seccond drawr of your dresser. Also remember that each student is expected to show up for dinner in the main hall at 6:00. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Well..How convienent.. Avil thought as she listed to the too perky staff member. She turned to Beth, "I guess that answers that." Avril said, slightly unconvinced. "I don't know who that was, but I dont think I like or trust her."

As Beth went to open her door they heard a male voice. Avril turned arounnd to see who it was. "Oh. Im guessing it'll tell you on your schedual. Seccond drawr of your dresser. By the way, Im Avil. And this is Beth" She said before she stepped into Beth's room. She didn't know why she'd added the last part. Like he really cared what their names were. She figured that the loud speaker didn't reach the dorms. That must have been why he hadn't heard.

Last edited by beautiful_psycho; 12-29-2012 at 06:39 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM

Avias Styx

The alarm blared in his ear, beeping annoyingly. He sighed, pressing the button before his hand moved over the top of the nightstand looking for his glasses. Sitting up in bed, the room was fuzzy until he placed them on. As soon as everything was in focus, he slipped out of bed. He made sure to make it, opening the windows to his room to let the light in. It was a beautiful day, and he hoped that ment that it would be a good day. He had classes this morning, so he had to hurry. He made his way to the bathroom, taking a quick shower before getting dressed. He wondered how the other students were fairing with the new school and everything. Shaking his head slightly, he moved to his closet. His hand moved along the line of clothes until he found the uniform he was looking for. He had herd the voice over the speaker, and he wasn't one to be late, not in his nature.

Moving to the bed side table, he retreaved the schedule in question, and scanned his classes for a moment.

Period 1- 8:00-8:55- Psychic Training
Period 2- 9:00-10:00- AP Psychic History Year 3
Period 3-10:00-11:20- AP Computer Programing
LUNCH - 11:30- 12:50
Period 4- 12:60- 2:00- AP Physics
Period 5- 2:10- 3:50-AP Trigonometry

He hoped this year would be different, a lot of past ones were spent with people trying to get him to do their work for them. He rolled his eyes a bit, and opened his book bag. Out rolled a little white orb, who slowly popped open into a little robot. It stood up and seemed to give a yawn, before flapping the little wing like arms on it. Avias laughed slightly, and picked the little robot up. He had made him last summer, and the little robot was a friend of his. "Morning Orbie" he says, and the little robot chirps with more flaps of its wings.

Orbie was an AI, that was constantly learning and developing, and one that Avias had become quite familiar with interfacing with. It took a bit to get used to being in the 'mind' of a new machine, they did not think or process like normal human brains. There were a bit more straightforward and emotionless. This could get complicated when trying to put a human and a computer mind together.Orbie poked him with his wing, and tilts his head to the side with a chirp. Standing, Avias sat him on the nightstand. "I have to get ready" he says, packing his bag, and then turning to get dressed. Little Orbie hops down into his bag again, and when he finishes changing, he turns back to look. Smiling a bit, he watches the little robot trying to wiggle his body deeper into his bag. He rolls his eyes a bit, and crosses his arms over his chest.

"So you think your coming with me eh?" he says. Orbie pauses in his bag, and gives a slight wiggle and a chirp. He laughs, and closes the flap on his bag. "Ok ok, just stay in the bag, and do not get into trouble" he slings it over his shoulder. Moving to the door, he peeks out a bit, making sure no one was around. He was a bit nervous about meeting the other students, what if they thought he was odd, or tried to use him like his parents or his past schoolmates. He sighed, the thought of his parents was a bit chilling. His parents hated the thought of him being what he was, and had wanted to cover it up for years. They had paid people off, and forbid him to use his powers. They had been furious when he had decided to leave and come here, and were constantly trying to get him to come home. He knew they would do whatever they had to, but the students were not allowed to leave until graduation.

That was a bit odd to not be able to leave or really have connection with the outside world, and he wondered what was with all the secrecy. Stepping out into the hall, he locked his door, and moved down the hall itself. His mind deep in thought, he wasn't really paying attention. He thought about hacking into the school's mainframe, but that would get him into loads of trouble if he got caught. He had to trust that they knew what they were doing and that they only had the student's best intrest at heart. If not, he could always sick the computers on them. He laughed a bit to himself, a bit of techno humer, others would think he was a geek or something if he had said that outload. Why did he care? He was confident in his abilities and himself, so it really didn't matter what they thought of him. Feeling better, he continues on his way downstairs.

Hearing the announcement, Ryu slowly stands and makes his way back to his room. He slowly forced himself to change out of his comfortable clothes and into the uniform that made him want to hide out of view of everyone. His hand ran along the top of his nightstand, before sliding his hand down to the handle. The schedule was there where the voice had said, and he folded it into perfect squares, before slipping it into his pocket.He had been given a black bag to carry his books, and he slowly picked it up. The weight of it was easy enough to handle with the books inside, he was stronger then he looked physically, even though his true strength was in his mind. He looked in the mirror, and ran a hand through his hair, He sighed, making sure his mind's shield was in place and his guard was up. He hoped he could manage to stay out of the view of others for at least the day.

HE was not much of a people person, never had been, never would be. At this point, he had figured he had made a bad impression anyways, and people would not want to be around him anyways. He closed his eyes, and turned away from the mirror, moving to the door. He walked out, letting the door close behind him. Since he had nothing personal, it didn't matter if he locked the door or not. He made his way down, and his stomach growled a bit. He figured they had d=to have a cafeteria around here, so he went in search of breakfast. Finding it soon enough, he gathered a bit of fruit, and made his way to a table in back. So dinner was at six eh? They couldn't be late, or what, they would starve? The thought slightly ammused him, but he shook it off. He leaned back in his chair, and took a bite out of his apple.

He relaxed for once, and slowly began to actually enjoy his apple and breakfast. His mind slowly reaching out, just enough to sense others inside and out, but not enough to probe, or where he had to drop his shield. The thought of his minds truly touching other's minds made him cringe, and sink more into himself. He pulled back, and took another bite of his apple. He wished that the day could get on with and over with already. Soon his apple was just a core, and he sat it on the table staring at it, as he crossed his arms on the table, and placed his chin on them. He watched other students begin to enter and get food. The thought of keep them away from me kept floating through his mind. He wanted to be alone, was that so hard to do, and to much to ask? He sighed, looking at his schedule:

Period 1- 8:00-8:55- Algebra 2
Period 2- 9:00-10:00- Art
Period 3-10:00-11:20 - Psychic Training
Period 4- 12:60- 2:00- Chemistry
Period 5- 2:10- 3:50- Psychic History Year 3

Last edited by Kiyoto; 12-31-2012 at 07:21 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 PM

"Personally, I suck at drawing and just about every other form of art," Beth admitted, ignoring the lie. It didn't matter, and it was better that way for both. If Avril didn't trust her, that was her concern. "Well, I hoped you slept well, I guess. I know I didn't." At the very least, she seemed to be feeling better, which was a plus. And she had no idea that Beth had done anything remotely kind, which meant that the smaller girl was two for two so far.

"I suppose that using my powers to make it seem that I was wearing my uniform would be a bad idea then," she said, frowning as she looked at Avril. The thought of wearing a skirt made her skin crawl, though there was no foreseeable way out of it. "I'll check my drawer when we get inside, though if it looks like its for children you have to promise not to laugh." She did agree that the school was weird, though it was to be expected, right? And with the announcement as they were talking about it? That was even weirder, if convenient. Maybe the place was bugged?

"I make it a habit not to trust anyone without a preliminary mind-scan," Beth responded with a nod. The new boy didn't surprise her in the least, having been aware of him since his arrival, though it was in the background of her mind for the most part. While Avril was busy explaining the schedule issue to the boy, Marco, Beth slipped into her room and opened the drawer to the mahogany dresser, cringing at the image inside before she closed it up quickly. If it looked as ridiculous as she thought it did, she'd rather go to detention. Dismissing the horrendous sight, she opened up the second drawer down and pulled out the fancy piece of paper. Normally she would have thrown it away after looking at it and memorizing it, but a part of her thought that Avril might want to compare, so she hesitated before putting it back.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn

Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 PM

Avril shook her head when Beth brought up her idea of using her powers to make it look like she was wearing her uniform. "Knowing that this place is crawiling with people just like us, i'm guessing that the teachers would be trained enought to sence that you were using some form of your Psychic Powers." She said. Although, Avril did wish that she could use her empath powers to sway peoples' moods and find out their feelinngs, she had a feeling she'd probobly get into trouble if she did it durring class. Especially to an administrator. She sighed, wondering if there was some way around that when she realized that Beth was talking to her again. "I promise I wont laugh." Avil said holding out her pinkey for a pinkey swear.

"I'm going to go get my schedual." Avril said as she left Beth's room, giving her a chance to change. She went to her door, pulled out her key and unlcked it. She steped inside and smiled at her posters. At least they gave her comfort. She walked over to her dresser and opend her seccond drawr. Avril found her schedual, shut the drawr, and walked back out of her room being sure to lock it. She looked at the schedual as she opend Beth's door and walked inside.

Period 1- 8:00-8:55- Pshychic History Year 3
Period 2- 9:00-10:00- Algebra 2
Period 3-10:00-11:20 Psychic Training
Period 4- 12:60- 2:00- AP Chemestry
Period 5- 2:10- 3:50- Poetry

Avril cringed as she read down the list. Poetry? Advanced Placement? Ugh. She was going to hate this school, she could tell. Nothing in her schedual really interested her. Nothing except Psychic Training. She looked over at Beth, "What did you get?" she asked, curious if she'd have any classes with her.

---------- Post added 12-29-2012 at 06:05 PM ----------

LINK TO OCC THRED:

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showth...post1771460424

Direct all questions, comments, and side descussions here!

Last edited by beautiful_psycho; 12-30-2012 at 07:30 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 PM

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking," she said, chewing the inside of her lip as she thought about the uniform they had left for her and weighing the pros and cons of just not wearing it. Still, it was only two days of the week, which wasn't all that bad. She simply nodded to Avril's promise and awkwardly linked pinkies for a second or two before breaking the connection. It was just... weird. What had been the point of that?

"Okay. I'll be in here," she replied as Avril left for her own room next door. Once she was gone, Beth pulled off her cargo pants and shirt and kicked them somewhere into the room with her other clothes from the day before. Then she sulked over to her dresser and pulled out her uniform. While it was, for the most part, indistinguishable from Avril's, there were a few differences, apart from the size change. The most noticeable change was the addition of white cotton tights and black dress shoes. Really, they were very similar to the uniform she had had to wear at the orphanage before she ran away, the thought of which sent a shiver up her spine. Just how much did they know, or was it just a coincidence?

The other changes were purely aesthetic; her skirt had slight ruffles along the hem as well as a bow on the side and her shirt had a definite pinkish tone to it instead of being the plain white like Avril's. In the back of her mind, she knew that it was merely because of her dwarfism, but she was too irritated with the thought of appearing childish to really acknowledge that thought. The tights and skirt were pulled on in no time, so that she could stop dreading having to wear them. While they weren't all that uncomfortable, she couldn't shake the feeling that she looked ridiculous.

As she was pulling on the shirt, Avril walked in, though Beth kept dressing as though nothing was different. Once the shirt was on, she began to put on the tie, scanning the minds of some of the boys on campus, perhaps a little intrusively, to find out how to tie it. Armed with that knowledge, she finished quickly and proceeded to put on the shiny black shoes. "Kind of what I expected, I guess," she answered, frowning as she finished fastening the last shoe. "Psychic Training first period, then Algebra II second, Psychic History I third, Lunch, AP Chemistry, and, finally, AP Literature." All of her traditional classes were based off of her scores from the year before, where she had passed the classes before those. To be fair, her power did give her an advantage over others when it came to learning, but she never cheated with them.

"Be honest. Do I look like I belong in kindergarten? I feel like an idiot wearing this crap," she said, dropping her natural sarcastic tone for a few moments without realizing it. Immediately, she blushed, cursing herself for being foolish. Normally, she was much better at guarding herself and her emotions from others. That migraine the night before must have been a lot worse than she had originally suspected.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn

Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 AM

Avril looked up as Beth reayed her schedual to her. "Well, it looks like we have Algebra II and AP Chemestry together." She said. Avril was glad she'd have someone she knew in a few of her classes. It was hard enough being at a new school. A new school filled with psychics at that. Avril figured that at east having someone to talk to would make it slightly easier for her. Although, she was used to being alone. She decided the only thing that was different now was that the other students could probobly use their powers to get information on her. That thought made her stomach churn. Avril raised her sheild as she thought about that.

Avril was lost in her thoughts, but was quickly brought back by the sound of Beth's voice. Avril couldn't help but laugh at Beth's forwardness. She had only ever had one friend and he had that sort of attitude all the time. Avril quickly somberd and looked down at Beth. "No..errm. You look verry.. Uhhh.. Cute!" She said. Her cheeks reddend with the laughter she wouldn't dare let escape. "We can always talk to someone and get it alterd if you like." She suggested. Avril then looked down at Beth's feet, and then at her own. "They gave us shoes? Crap! Ummm.. No, i dont think so. I'm sticking to my combats, thank you verry much." Avril looked down at her combat boots that she loved so much. They were scuffed, fadded in a few places, had mud crusted into the heels and the buckles weren't exactly the silver color they used to be. But she wouldn't trade them for anything. And she certainly wasn't about to put on some ugly prep shoes instead of them.

Avril shook her head, dismissing the whole topic. "We should get goi-" Avril was interupted by her stomach growling at her. "Errr, yeah. We need to get breakfast before classes start. Its already 7:34." Avril said as she started walking out of Beth's room, shoving her schedual into her pocket.

Last edited by beautiful_psycho; 12-31-2012 at 12:40 AM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 AM

"That's good, I guess," Beth said, too distracted by her outfit to really come up with more than that for a response. Not that she wasn't glad to have someone she could talk to in the same classes as her, though it would be a bit weird at first. She was fairly used to keeping to herself, even though she had had a few friends back in the public school she had attended. "If you ever need any help, just ask. I'm good at that kind of stuff because of my powers. And, if you don't mind me saying so, you should probably relax your shield a little bit."

Wincing at the compliment, Beth replied, "Thanks, I guess. Though I don't necessarily believe that that's a good thing." With an exaggerated sigh, she plopped onto the bed and looked toward the ceiling as if to ask what she had done to deserve such punishment. "No, it might be better if people think I don't care. 'Sides that, if they say something about it to me, I can blow off some steam," she replied, kicking her feet absently. "I don't know if they gave everyone shoes, but I don't blame you for not wanting to wear them. They kind of suck, and those are nice boots."

"You raise a good point," Beth responded, nodding as she stood and followed Arvil out of her dorm and into the hallway before they began making their way to the cafeteria. "I hope the food is decent at least. Anything better than high school food will do really." Her hopes weren't that high though; about half the people had probed for the information were negative. The other half was overwhelmingly positive on the other hand, so that might mean that it wasn't terrible.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn

Old 12-31-2012, 02:09 AM

Avril bit her lip when Beth told her to lessen up on her sheild. She supposed she was right. It was wrong to keep it up the whole time. Besides, if she kept it up for too long she'd get verry weak. "Aren't you going to use a sheild?" She asked Beth.

Avril walked down the hallway of their dorms and down the stairs. She was too bussy thinking about her classes to really respond. Instead she just smiled faintly and mumbled a thanks. Avril pushed open the door and held it for Beth to walk through. She continued walking and ended up in the courtyard. She rememberd from her first day at APG that a Cafe should be just around the corner. She walked down untill she reccognied a small coffee shop.

Avril walked up to the counter and bought a hot tea, a poppy sead muffin, and a bottle of water. She took her muffin and watter and stood to the side to wait for her tea. As she waited, Avril looked down at her boots. She nocked them on the marble floor a few times and some of the crusted dirt fell off.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 AM

"I have one up, but I'm shadowed. That's why you can't sense it, or me for that matter," Beth replied, observing the furnishings of the hallway with hidden interest. The school certainly made things look elegant and regal, if not homely. "And it's not that having a shield up is a bad thing, it's just that keeping it so tight leads to a lot of weak points. It's better to keep it... rubbery, I guess? If you don't mind, I could show you what I'm talking about." Honestly, though, Beth didn't expect Arvil to take her up on that offer. Not that she could blame her.

Beth followed Arvil without really knowing where she was going. She wasn't all that hungry for anything really and was merely going because she knew that her body would need the food soon. Not to mention that she didn't want to be cooped up in her room until classes started. The hushed whispers about her age and height, as well as the comments from other girls on how adorable she was, made her contemplate if leaving had been worth it. Teeth grinding almost audibly, she started to push people away one by one telepathically by giving them the suggestion that it was nothing out of the ordinary. As the whispers turned to regular chatter of other things, she managed to calm herself a little.

She waited patiently for Avril to finish ordering before stepping up and peering at the menus. Her sight was, unfortunately, obstructed by the counter, resulting in the need for her to stand on tiptoe to read clearly. Failing to find what she was looking for, she raised her hand to get the attention of the staff member standing behind said counter. "What can I do for ya, sweetie?" the plump man asked with a smile.

"Well, don't call me sweetie for starters. But, more importantly, do you have anything gluten free? I'm allergic," she replied roughly, still trying to see if there was an indicator that they did on the menu.

"Sorry 'bout that. The gluten free food items are on that rack there," he replied, a look of chagrin on his face as he pointed out the location. "If ya need help reaching, just give me a holler."

Nodding as she let out some of her frustration in a sigh, Beth went over to the specified area and began to debate what she wanted. While nothing really appealed to her, she refused to let everyone know how helpless she could be because of her condition by asking the man for help. So, she chose a iced red velvet muffin and a bottle of sweet tea. The man did his best to hand her her order without making it seem patronizing, for which she mouthed a "thank you."

Food in hand, she went and sat on the window sill next to Avril, frowning at anyone who looked at her funny while she nibbled on her muffin. It wasn't bad at all, but her lack of appetite wasn't encouraging her to eat it either. She was content with the silence and the presence of another person who genuinely didn't mind her presence. If the rest of the day were to follow suit, it wouldn't be half-bad really.

Crawling out of bed with a groan, Josh checked his watch a bit hesitantly. He did have a terrible habit of sleeping in on the first day that school started back up. Fortunately, he wasn't too terribly late, though he didn't waste any time getting into the shower and getting dressed. The uniform was rather uncomfortable, but he would probably get used to it before too long. Within moments, he was down in the courtyard, waiting patiently in line to get his food before sitting down next to a blonde boy with a bit of exaggeration.

"How's it going so far, dude?" he asked, sounding like a good friend despite the fact that they had never met. The school had found him rather late it seemed. As he ate his breakfast, he looked around the cafeteria for other new faces, spotting one in particular. The boy had an apple in front of him and was merely staring at it. Truth be told, it was kind of obvious that he didn't want to be bothered, though he seemed kind of sad and lonely too. That problem would just have to be remedied sometime throughout the course of the year.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn

Old 12-31-2012, 04:51 AM

"Hot tea?" The man behind the counter called out. Avril pushed herself off of the counter using one of her feet and walked over to pick it up. "Thanks." She mumbled, her mind preoccupied with other things. The man cleared his throught and looked at Avril, holding out his hand expectantly. "Oh..." Avril dropped some change into his hand and turned away.

When Avril went back to her origional place she once again leaned back and started to nibble on her muffin. She had just relized that there were three other guys in the cafe. One was Ferdi, another was Ryu, and the last was someone she'd never seen before. Avril was tempted to get a feel for their feelings, but she didn't want to invade their privacy.

Just then Avril rememberd that she'd forgotten her journal in Ferdi's room. She wanted to get it back, but now the other guy was sitting next to him. There were too many people around that didn't know about her visions. Avil chewed on her lower lip and decided that she'd just get it back from him later.

Avril went back to her muffin and tea. She looked out the window Beth was siting in. Everyone passing by seemed so normal and used to their surroundings. She wonderd how long it would take her to feel like that. Avril wanted despretly to just be able to get used to this new and strange place.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 AM

Avias entered the cafeteria, glancing around a bit at the other inhabitants. Most of them looked normal, but looks could deffinetly be decieving in this case. He sighed a bit, and got an apple, Orbie peeking out of his bag a bit at the students. With a chirp, he poked a bit more out, and Avias had to catch him before he fell. "Whoa, watch it little guy" he laughs a bit, and pulls the flap down on his bag a bit more. He gained a few stares, and cleared his throat, "ah just....yeah." He turned away and went to an empty table, it was sad that even in a place where he should have fit in and been at home, his social status was still a tad questionable. Fixing his glasses, he pulled a book out of his bag as he took a bite of his apple. He was reading up on a bit on a new system that NASA was apparently working on, though there wasn't much to it, since most of it was classified. He could have hacked into the system, but having the government on his tail was not exactly a good idea.

He could just imagine what his parents would say, him calling them from jail. He could imagine it now, 'hey mom and dad, how's your day going? Oh yeah, don't freak out, but I got arrested for hacking into a government high security computer with my mind.' That would be a call for the ages. He smiled a bit as he read, and kept his focus on the book. So far, he figured the best thing to do would be to treat it like highschool, keep his head down and out of the way of everyone else. The least amout he got noticed, the better off he was. He felt the nervousness of the comming year beginning to bubble up in his stomach, and he was glad he had only chosen an apple. Orbie booped and chirped from his bag, and he shushed the little robot before he attracted to much attention or got confiscated. He figured it would look pretty odd for him to be talking to his bag, so he tried making it as inconspicuous as possible.

Ryu sighed, watching the people come in. He folded his arms on the table, and hid his face in it, closing his eyes. He closed out the voices and the sound, focusing on himself and his breathing. He was calming slowly, and finding his happy place so to speak inside of himself. He hoped the others knew better then to come and bother him, though again he figured they wouldn't be stupid enough to. He sighes, and listens to his own heart, and peeks out of his arm at the people once more, He noticed a few more people and faces he didn't know, and a slight curiosity perked inside of him, but he kept it down inside of himself. He shook his head, and hid his face again, thinking along the lines of leave me alone. He knew he should be nicer, but he couldn't help it, with the luck he had had in his life. He closed his eyes, and seemed to almost be asleep, when he was merely in his own mind.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn

Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 AM

Avril tore her attention away from the window as she finished her muffin and another boy walked in. She crumpled the paper from her food in her hands and stood up to go throw her trash out. As she walked, Avril wonderd what her classes would be like and if she'd actually be good at anything. She wonderd the most about Psychic Training. Was she doing to learn how to strengthen her powers? Controll them better? She couldn't wait. Once Avril reached the trashcan she pushed the flap on it open and dropped everything into it. To her surprise a huge puff of smoke rose out when she put the trash in. Avril jumped backwards in surprise. Once the smoke was gone she got slightly closer and peaked inside of it. It was a tiney incinorator. Avril's eyes widend. She'd never seen anything like it before.

Avril realized that people were porbobly looking at er funny for taking such interest in a trashcan. Her cheeks turned a deep crimson. Avril straightend herself and began to walk away, hoping that no one really saw. As she walked back she heard some whistling noises coming from the newest boy's bag. She look at it confused and distracted. Suddenly Avril colided with a table and landed right at Ryu's feet. Avril's cheeks all but glowed as she looked up at him. "Im...um.." She bit her lip, flusterd and embarrased.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-31-2012, 07:00 AM

Ryu felt the thud against the table, and his form moved slightly as it did. Opening his eyes, he lifted his head slightly to look down at the girl who had succeeded in gaining his attention. She was one of the ones he had seen out the window before, talking to that guy who had popped up. Raising an eyebrow, he looked her over a bit as she stuttered, the look of embarassment sure on her face. With a sigh, he hesitantly reached down and pulled her up into the chair by him. He was not a big fan of physical contact, but seeing her just sitting down there like that was a bit more then he could handle at the moment. He looked her in the eyes, not saying anything, just looking. He wasn't meaning to be rude in all honesty, it was just his social skills were a bit lacking, having only had interraction with a bunch of doctors for most of his life. He sighed a bit, and looked away, figuring she would be as eager as possible to get far away from him as soon as she could. "Go" he says, with a slight wave of his hand. He folds his arms again, resuming his sleep like state against the table, but his mind was a bit more disturbed now, with someone else so close to him. He chanced a glance, to look if she had gone.

dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 12-31-2012, 12:35 PM

(Dam I joined rather late. XD Here goes nothing.)

Rafael sighed a little as he sat in the back of his mothers car, she had heard of a rather good academy for people who were like him and she instantly decided to send him to it in hope that it would help him lighten up a little, his mother had always been nice to him and he was thankful to her for being so, but the idea of going to any academy made him shiver a little. "Why did I have to come here?" He thought to himself as he looked to his left, but as he did he could see a small child in the back seat who was very pale and seemed to only notice Rafael and not his mother. "Another one? Why do they insist on following me for?" He asked himself as he shook his head and turned to the window.

After a two hour drive, they had finally pulled up outside of the academy and Rafael sighed again as he turned to his mother, she just smiled to him and handed his bag to him. "Thank you mum." He said stepping out of the door. "Take care." She replied as she began to drive off as soon as the back door was shut. "So this is where fate has decided to lead me too." He whispered as he stared up at the large gates, this placed appeared to be like a normal academy apart from the fact he knew all to well it wasn't. As Rafael stood by the gates, he knew he was a late arrival and he had no clue where to go, so instead he stood at the gates waiting for someone to ask. "Why can't any of the spirits be useful and help me around?" He grumbled while looking around for anyone who was very pale skinned.

(I hope that isn't too bad. XD)

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 PM

Noticing suddenly that Avril was gone, Beth felt strangely alone. She scoffed at herself for being an idiot though; she would never win any awards for friendliness, so why should Avril have stayed? Still, that didn't manage to remove the feeling of hurt for being ditched. Now that she was paying attention to her surroundings, she noticed that the man behind the counter was watching her every so often like he was afraid she'd hurt herself or something. With a huff, she stood and threw her half-eaten muffin away before leaving the little cafe in favor of the sunshine outside.

Suddenly feeling nauseous, she shuffled along until she found a small little alcove that was out of the way of others and curled up on it, dozing in the early morning breeze. If she was late to first period, her room would be the first place checked, Where she was, hidden from sight unless someone was looking around every corner, was much better for getting some rest on a time limit. There was no doubt in her mind that she'd get in trouble, but that was inconsequential to her as her head began to pulse again. The migraine pills she had taken earlier were wearing off for sure, but she managed to fall asleep all the same.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM

Ferdi's train of thought was interrupted by someone loudly joining him. Not that he was thinking about anything relevant, he just enjoyed thinking away. "It's going fine... sorry do I know you?" He didn't mean to sound as harsh as he did but he preferred to have breakfast on his own. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap slightly like that, at least I'm not the only member of the welcome wagon it seems." He continued to drink his coffee which had cooled down very quickly to what it normally did. Perhaps the water was boiled earlier than usual. He put his empty mug down, with it clattering lightly on the porcelain saucer. "Listen I hate to dash so soon, but I have to get to history. Medieval views and thoughts on telekinesis." He knew this as his time table had been the same for the last three years, with each progressing year becoming more advanced. "Honestly, I couldn't care less but it has to be done. I'll see you round." He got up and left the stranger at the table to head to his lesson, in all honesty he would rather go and practise but his allocated time wasn't until after lunch.

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn

Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 PM

Avril blushed even more as Ryu helped her up and into an adjacent seat. He just stared at her. Not saying a word. Avril squirmed a little under his gaze. She'd never really been the foccus of anyone's attention before. Avril wonderd if he was trying to penatrate her mind at all. She let her sheild down slightly to check. She couldn't sence him at all. She sighed a little, relived that he wasn't trying to go anything. "Thank you." She managed to get out. "And i'm sorry.." she said, sheepishly. He probobly thought she was an idiot.

Avril heard Ryu dissmiss her. She looked back to where Beth had been, but she wasn't there anymore. Avril looked back to Ryu. His head was down and it looked like he was trying to rest. She couldn't help but stare at him, slightly intrigued. "My friend seems to have left." She whisperd. She wasn't sure if he'd heard, but she didn't really care if he had. She looked at him, studying the way his sholders rose and fell with each inhale and exhale of his breath. She wished she could say something else, but she didn't know what. "I'm Avril. You're Ryu, right? I saw you the other day. In the window. You have a really strong sheild. All I was able to sence from you was your name and that you're male." She heard herself say quietly. There it was again, her mouth just running when she really didn't want to say anything. It was like word vomit. What did he care what her name was? She was probobly just a nusence to him. She'd just tripped and fell into him. That wasn't exactly a way to meet someone. And he probobly knew that she senced all this. He would have felt her, wouldn't her? She was silly to be telling him these things. What did they matter anyway? As she thought about it she blushed even more. Avril hated that her thin skin always gave her away. Out of nervous habit Avil checked her watch. It was already 7:40. Classes would be starting in twenty minutes and she still wasn't quite sure where to go.

Female Voice Over Loudspeaker: Attention all new students. The Commons are located just past the courtyard. You'll know your teachers when you see them. Don't be late!

How convinient.. Avril thought.

((Great job, Jake!))

Sporcle
Ho ho ho

Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 PM

"Oh." Marco simply responded as the girl informed him. He took a mental note of there names, figuring they could come in handy eventually. He shrugged as he watched them both disappear into the dorm room, before turning back and going to his own.

Second drawer, right? He asked himself, as he entered his room. He yanked it open, revealing the fancy piece of paper. He studied it, not seeing any classes that bothered him. For the most part they were normal classes; Algebra 2, Literature, Science. Things he would've studied at home. And then of course there were the not-so-normal ones; Physic training, Physic history Year 2. Those were the ones he was most eager about. He put the paper in his bag, before pulling out the dreadful uniform they had been required to wear.

Marco slipped it on, not bothering to pay attention to any of it's details. He was sure he looked awful, never being one to wear ties, and knew he didn't need to make sure of it. He wondered how many students would forgot to wear there's, or just plain choose not to. Were there consequences for that? He pushed the thought aside, and decided to get a move on. He usually would've found his way to the café for breakfast, but decided not try anything they made just yet, as he still found the school odd.

Marco figured he might as well make an attempt to find his classes, no reason to be late on the first day. He pulled out his schedule again, reading the room numbers for each of them.
~

Ellie smiled as she stood in a corner of the café, carefully observing the students. She'd always found herself guessing who'd she would be getting in her class, and what their abilities were. The new kiddos were always her favorite, each of them reminding her of her first day attending here, and how nervous she was. She chuckled slightly at the ones that were in their uniforms, knowing that the uniforms had been her least favorite part of the academy.

She decided to head back to her classroom once the voice on the overhead was heard, knowing she had some straightening up to do. She hadn't entered her classroom since break, and it always seemed like the original cluster multiplied whenever she was away.

Ellie quickly cleaned up a bit, placing the books on their proper shelves, and writing her last name neatly on the board, like she had done for years. She placed her hair in a ponytail, always feeling more professional when she had done so. She figured students wouldn't be able to take a teacher with pink hair incredibly seriously, so she was constantly working hard to prove that she could be a good authoritative figure no matter how silly she appeared to be.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2012, 07:25 PM

"I reckon not," he said, grinning, though his amber eyes were flicking around the cafeteria as before, observing people and how they interacted. Raising his hand was the only indication that he gave that he had heard Ferdi's apology. He hadn't meant anything by it, so there was no harm done. "My name's Josh. It's a right pleasure to meetcha, pardner. Actually, I'm new here, but if you need a welcome wagon, I'm all for it."

"Well, I guess I'll see ya around then?" he said, waving off the blonde boy before he took care of his tray telekinetically. A few people were startled by the floating trays, which got a few laughs out of the older students. Clearly the younger ones weren't exactly used to things like that happening around them. Still, his goal was to find someone else to talk to and, hopefully, befriend. At the very least it would help eliminate the monotony of going to school, even if it was a psychic school.

His plan had been to go sit with the strange boy he had noticed before, but, upon looking for him, he saw that there was a girl sitting next to him. Smiling slightly, he decided to avoid them for now just in case there was something between them. Instead, he chose a boy wearing classes with a backpack that chirped every so often. "How's it going?" he asked as he sat down, looking over the boy so that he could remember his face. "I'm Josh by the way."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 01-01-2013, 12:09 AM

Ryu looked at the girl, so she was still there eh? Did she not know how to take a hint? He sighed a bit, at least she hadn't tried intruding on his mind this time, and had bothered trying to actually talking to him. He sits up a bit, and fully looks her over."I do not like people in my head without permission" he says a bit coldly, looking her in the eyes. "No one has the right to just take or do whatever they want without a care how another might feel or without asking.." with that, he stood and grabbed his bag. He glanced at the clock, and turned to head out to get ready for class. The crowded room was putting him more and more on edge. He did not do well in these situations. He walked out, and headed out the doors to find the classrooms. He found his first class, and slid into an empty desk. Once more, he put his head down and closed his eyes, letting his mind reach out to the area around him, keeping tabs on who walked in.

Avias jumpped a bit at the sudden voice next to him. He pushed the flap on his bag down, and looked up to the other male. His glasses had began to slip a bit, and he fixed them back into place. "Oh, hey there....It's a pleasure to meet you. My name's Avias" he felt a bit awkward. Not many people came up on their own accord to talk to him, and unfortunatly, Orbie seemed curious as well. The little robot pushed against the flap, only to roll out of his bag and almost off onto the floor. "Ah" Avias caught him in time, and the little robot chirpped, flapping its wings and it's eyes took on a happy look. He felt a bit embarassed now, having a strange robot fall out of your bag, was not the best way to make friends. "Sorry about that..." he says, rubbing the back of his neck. "He gets a bit excited at times" the robot turns itself on its' stomach to look up at the other male at the table. His head tilts to the side reguarding him in an almost curious manner.

JediMercJeff
Jedi Mercenary... Returned from ...

Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 AM

Despite the distance, the good-byes didn't seem any easier.

Allistar gazed out the window of the transport that would take him to the Academy. His mother and father wanted to let him feel like he was gaining his freedom, not going to a place where he wouldn't see the outside world for at least a few years. So they had seen him off at the airport, wishing him well in his schooling. His father had handled the parting much easier; having been a military man all his life, he was used to travel for prolonged periods. Mother, however... She was the typical "Mom wreck" that he'd heard his friends talking about. Crying, sobbing, wishing that he didn't have to go... Allistar's father actually had to pull her away for a few minutes of 'recovery'. But the time came, and all of them had tears in their eyes. The hugs were tough to let go of, even from his father. But minutes later, he was taxiing down the runway, jetting off to a completely new life, with people like him.

The several hour trip (Allistar had lost track of the time, deciding to sleep to try to take the sting out of his departure) was uneventful, save for the storm kicked up around the landing site. The aircraft needed to circle for what felt like forever before it finally glided to a stop. Once there, he was greeted by a gentleman with a seemingly plain sign emblazoned with his name. After getting his bags, he and the gentleman made there way out of the airport, into the transport the Academy apparently provided for those traveling alone. Allistar was sure that, even amongst others like himself, he would be a bit odd: the 17-year old freshman. Would he get the same kind of grief he did back home? He was hoping not; he was truly hoping for the fresh start he was giving his former life up for.

The ride was relatively short compared to the flight, and it was quiet. Allistar was wrapped up in his own thoughts, and didn't really concern himself with his surroundings.

*Master Calhoun, I am loathe to tell you this, but we will arrive close to when you need to start classes for the day.* Allistar broke from his reverie, blinking. The voice was clear as day, and it was clearly not his... But it was like it was in his own head. He glanced at the gentleman up front.

"I'm sorry...?" The gentleman smiled at him.

*Ahh, I see you are not familiar with telepathic speech.* The gentleman's lips didn't move, but his voice was as clear as day in Allistar's head. *I apologize for that, but I am entirely used to new students being accustomed to such.* He cleared his throat, and spoke (actually spoke) in a mildly accented voice. "The storm that delayed your landing has set us back a few hours... We were hoping that some of our meteoromancy adepts could help clear it out, but they were not available." The gentleman motioned out the window, towards the looming landscape and buildings of the Academy. "Classes start soon. I have called ahead to let the faculty know you were delayed, but it would be best to find your room, change into uniform, and meet the other newcomers in the Commons as soon as possible." Allistar nodded, taking in the marvel of the Academy... And also taking in the oddness of the gentleman's "telepathic speech".

"I see... Thank you." Allistar wasn't sure what else to say.

"You may need to know where your room is," the gentleman continued. Allistar blinked. That thought had crossed his mind... Was the gentleman...

"Yes, but just items on the surface." The gentleman chuckled, then handed back a map of the campus, with a route from where they would be stopping, to his dorm, to the Commons in question. "This will get you where you need to go. Your uniforms are in your room, and your class schedule is in the dresser. And it looks like we've arrived..." Allistar stared out at the dormitory outside his window.

*Yes. It's quite grand, isn't it? But sightseeing will be later. You have an orientation to attend!*

-----

10 minutes later, Allistar was following the map the gentleman provided towards the Commons, helplessly trying to make the tie of the uniform stay right. The uniform itself wasn't bad; not exactly what he was used to, but... He'd worn dressier... Or worse... Whichever he wanted to call it. He tucked the map away in his bag, and found his schedule. He'd barely had time to review it as he was dressing, but thought he should now:

Period 1- 8:00-8:55- AP Physics
Period 2- 9:00-9:55- Algebra 2
Period 3-10:00-11:20 Psychic History 1
Period 4- 1:00- 2:00- Psychic Training
Period 5- 2:10- 3:50- Workshop

Allistar nodded to himself in approval, glad he could bring some of the schooling in that he had already done and go from there. He was especially glad to have such a large block of time carved out for working with his hands. He just realized he'd unconsciously put together several mechanical creations in his head, just out of the few loose pieces, parts, and items he'd seen in the few minutes of walking he'd done. He shook his head to concentrate on where he was going, and noticed the large throng of students heading someplace central. Some were walking, like he... Some seemed to be floating, or flying on ethereal wings... Some seemed almost intangible and just out of his perception... Or maybe he was just seeing things in those cases.

"Must be heading the right way," he mused as he slipped into the moving crowd, wondering what other new things he'd see this day.

(( Hopefully this works out well? :) ))

beautiful_psycho
Harley Quinn

Old 01-01-2013, 03:23 AM

Avril stared after Ryu as he left. Well that was rather rude.. She thought to herself as she stood up and pushed in her chair. But then again, she was the one who had run into him. Avril supposed that she should be heading down to the courtyard to find her teachers. The woman on the loudspeaker claimed that she would 'know'. Whatever that ment. Sighing, Avril went back to where she'd left her messanger bag and shoved her bottle of water into it. She hoisted the strap over her sholder, began walking in the direction of the courtyard and took out her crumpled schedual from her pocket. Avril had a tendancy to forgret things. Just one of her manny flaws.

Period 1- 8:00-8:55- Pshychic History Year 3
Period 2- 9:00-10:00- Algebra 2
Period 3-10:00-11:20 Psychic Training
Period 4- 12:60- 2:00- AP Chemestry
Period 5- 2:10- 3:50- Poetry

"Okay" She said out loud to herself. "First was Pshychic History. Right." Avril was never really all that good at History. Maybe it would be different here. Looking down at her schedual as she walked and thought about her schedual and classes, her long red hair fell into her face. She used a hand to sweep it up and behind her ear. She was so used to wearing her black hoodie that somehow kept her hair out of her face, that she had forgotten how long her hair really was. It fell down to her lower back, with a sharp razor cut at the ends.

All of Avril's thoughts flutterd away as soon as she reached the courtyard. There must have been hundrads of people there. She froze.