cleric sarah
*^_^*

Old 07-20-2014, 07:41 AM

When someone is hacked and reports it, instead of ' hey we know you were hacked, but since we cant see what was taken, your screwed!!' Pretty much making the person who was already upset about being hacked in the first place (after i might add, spending THEY'RE own money to help contrubute to keeping the site up((albiet i guess to the big wigs one person is peanuts)).) feel like they completly wasted money.

If you want your site to make more money(because lets face it, we wouldnt have recieved emails asking about "goss" from gaia if this site was thriving like they are)and have more people then deal with incidents correctly...

Oh, and for what its worth had my hacking been dealt with correctly, you could have made more money off me, as currently I spend about 150$ a month on gaia (which I had quit prior to joining mene) where they actually care about the people who support them!

Thanks mene for what were the good times, I might occasionally make a post or two on here, but I will NEVER be as active as I was once upon a time.

This post in no way reflects the citizens of mene, as most are kind hearted!
(Typing this on an iphone was terrible by the way..)

Last edited by cleric sarah; 07-20-2014 at 07:58 AM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-20-2014, 10:54 AM

Hi Sarah. :) It's good to see you've logged in. Hopefully remaining bad feelings about that nasty mess won't last, because things just aren't the same now. This incident happened when we were on the old software that had no trade logs, please don't hang us out to dry for Josh's failings. At the time we went on and on and on at Josh about showing us the trade logs, and he fobbed us off continuously with his constant line of, "I'm too busy right now". Eventually, he admitted that there were no logs, he'd never coded any. He put something together, but as Snow explained to you at the time, they only showed that a trade had happened, not what was in it.

When Lee bought the site and his coder wanted to switch us to vBulletin, one of the first things we insisted we needed was trade logs, that we all could see. We mostly succeeded in that. The staff can see them, the people who Beta tested the new software for us could see them, but Ken disabled them for some reason during Beta testing, I can't remember why, or if he even said why. Inso's reluctant to enable them for you guys without knowing why Ken turned them off. Plus there's no visible sign of them; no handy Trade logs on/off button anywhere, Ken didn't add anything like that. Consequently it would mean hunting the entire site's code by hand to find the relevant bit of code, which could take weeks.

But if someone takes another person's items now, we can see that trade, we can see from the IPs if someone else has logged into your account, they'd not have much chance of getting away with it now, and haven't had since we got the coding support that we needed. :) I feel like I'm pushing the blame onto someone else here. But the simple fact is, it was entirely Josh's fault that we couldn't see what had been taken from you.

I hope that sheds more light on the situation for you. :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-20-2014, 03:19 PM

I'm sorry for your loss it really sucks that people can be so mean
and kudos for all that typing on an iPhone!
I personally think everyone is important to mene,
at least with the staff members that we have currently
please give us another try and see if you like it any better here now
there are a lot of current changes to the way things are done that makes things much easier just fix when something goes wrong